Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ordinary by FieryStar90
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ordinary

FieryStar90

Ordinary: Part Five of… Five

Arriving at his hotel in Naples, Italy, Harry checked in, put his things down, and promptly left the hotel again in search of his female friend.

People recognized him, and he asked the witches and wizards who spoke English if they had seen Hermione Granger, who was well known as well for her work in the war.

"She is by the water," someone pointed. "At the beach."

Flying low across the coastline, Harry spotted her, sitting on a large, flat rock, looking out in to the water.

He came up from behind her and quietly sat down.

She turned to face him. "I was wondering when you'd be here," she said.

Harry gaped. "Did Ron tell you?" He sputtered.

"No." She said simply.

"Then what?" Harry persisted.

She smiled a small smile. "I've been waiting for you to find me."

0 0 0

They sat in silence for a few moments when Harry cleared his throat. "I… I wanted to apologize for the way I acted," he said finally. "I said cruel things that were…"

She cut him off. "Worthy of Ron?"

Harry blinked. "What's Ron been saying?"

Hermione shook her head, remembering. "No, not now. I was just remembering our sixth year."

"Ah yes… what a year, eh?" Nodded Harry

Hermione chuckled humorlessly. "Yes, what a year… the year of our demise."

Harry frowned. "Our demise? What…?"

"The year we grew apart." Hermione clarified.

The year he gravitated towards Ginny and the year Hermione pined for Ron. Hmmm. "It was a gradual demise, wasn't it?"

Hermione sighed. "So gradual I didn't even notice until around the time I broke up with Ron."

Then, she did something that surprised him. "Harry, why did you come here?"

He blinked. "To… to apologize." That was the main thought in his mind: he had to set things right with Hermione. He had to set things right with Hermione.

"That's it?" Hermione asked gently.

While he was about to reply it was, Harry stopped himself. He had traveled across thousands of miles to find her to… to apologize? No, that wasn't it. There was something more.

"I just… I couldn't… live without you," Harry almost cringed at the cheesiness, but it was true. Life without Hermione Granger was not only incredibly dull, but lackluster… and… and just colorless.

Hermione looked at him, a little disbelieving, but amused more than anything. "Really?"

"Really," Harry began, and then remembered something he said to Ginny. "Hermione… you're the most important person in my life."

She grinned. "Well," she whispered, standing up with a completely un-Hermione look on her face, "it's about time."

"What?" Harry said in shocked voice, looking up at her.

Hermione sighed, putting her hands on her hips and rolling her eyes. "Harry, let's look at the facts, shall we? You traveled thousands of miles to find me. You can't live without me. I'm the most important person in your life. What does that mean, Harry?"

He was a bit jumbled for a moment, but then he whispered the words, in astonishment and certainty, "It means… it means I love you, Hermione. I really do."

He stood up slowly then, never taking his eyes off her. She came closer, and put her arms around his neck and he her waist.

Right before she kissed him, she said, "And I really do too."

So much for ordinary.

0 0 0

Somewhere, up in heaven, four figures stood looking down at the two.

"Now that's definitely not just hormones," Sirius said smugly.

No, Sirius, it wasn't.

0 0 0

Notes: And it's done! After reading JKR's mugglenet interview, I felt like someone had sucker punched me in the stomach. My hero seemed to be mocking and laughing at me and what I believed with those goons. I wanted to scream, to cry, to yell.

I debated leaving portkey and all HP fanfiction. I refuse to support someone and their work who mocks me and my ideals. But then I saw other people who were discouraged, but not defeated and while I won't be writing as much (I do have a couple one-shots I need to get out of the way, though), I will not leave portkey.

The sad thing out of this is this: while I still admire JKR as a writer, as a person I have no respect for her anymore.

(Not unless she gives an honest-to-god, heartfelt apology, not that shit Emerson gave us, by giving us a "sorry" and the proceeding to justify himself on his calling us "delusional". What a piece of shit… and if you're confused to whether I'm talking about Emerson or his apology… well… that's interpretive.. .just like I thought the book was. Well, clearly I was wrong, just like the other "small percentage of fans". Bastard.)

Ahem. Well, despite that, HHr no matter what!

And to everyone who reviewed: you guys are great. You really cheer up my day.


-->