Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and The Legends of the Dark Knight by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and The Legends of the Dark Knight

Classic Cowboy

They told me there was nothing out there, nothing to fear. But the night Professor Dumbledore was murdered I caught a glimpse of something. I've looked for it ever since. After I defeated Voldemort, I went around the world. Learning everything the Muggle and Magical worlds could teach me while searching everywhere in the shadows. There is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. - Harry Potter

HARRY POTTER AND THE LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT

(-V-)

I'm lookin over the skyline of the city

How loud, quiet nights in the mist of crime

How next door to happiness lives sorrow

And a signal of solution in the sky

A city of justice, a city of love

A city of peace, for every one of us

We all need it, can't live without it

Gotham City, oh, yeah

How sleeping awake because of fear

How children are drowning in their tears

How we need a place where we can go

A land where everyone will have a hero

A city of justice, a city of love

A city of peace, for every one of us

We all need it, can't live without it

Gotham City, oh, yeah

A city of justice, a city of love

A city of peace, for every one of us

We all need it, can't live without it

Gotham City

Yet in the middle of stormy weather

We won't stumble and we won't fall

I know a place that offers shelter

A city of justice, a city of love

A city of peace, for every one of us

We all need it, can't live without it

Gotham City

We need a city of justice, a city of love

A city of peace, for every one of us

Simply because we all need it, can't live without it

Gotham City

Gotham City

- "Gotham City" by R. Kelly

(-V-)

Eleven years after Year 6 …

Twenty seven year old Chief Auror Ronald Weasley apparated before the ancient castle in a reclusive area of Ireland and quickly made his way toward the other Aurors gathered around it. "Neville, what's the situation, mate?" Ron asked staring up at the moated castle.

"Wormtail and his part of Old Voldemort's group are hold up in there," Neville Longbottom said looking up at the raised drawbridge. "It's completely cut off, Ron. We think this was where Voldemort made his potions for his Deatheaters. It's warded and there's guards ready to hex anyone who tries to get in … or worse."

"So any suggestions?" Ron asked around the Aurors. "Great … wait …" He said glancing back toward the large wagon trail through the forest surrounding the castle, where a quiet growl echoed through the dark trees. "What's that?" he asked as lights appeared through the trees. "OUT OF THE WAY!!" He screamed as a vehicle tore from the forest. It was jet black, heavily armored, like a Muggle tank, with two small wheels on the front and four larger tractor-like tires on the rear, as well as twin jet engines on the very back.

"Oh great … him again …" Ron sighed, as the assault vehicle jumped the moat and "OK, looks like we're the clean up crew again, get ready to mop up!"

The Deatheaters all jumped out of the way as the tank-car landed in the large central area of the castle amongst a series of large vats.

"Oh no …" Peter "Wormtail" Pettigrew whimpered as he looked down from the top level of the castle at the now completely still Batmobile. "It's him … The Batman …"

"I … I heard he's part Dementor," one of Wormtail's dark wizards said in a trembling voice.

"I heard he's Voldemort's son …" another spoke up, "Only twice as bad …"

"Get him, surround that car, Killing Curse him if he gets out!" Wormtail yelled, then whimpered slightly when the cockpit of the armored car hissed and slowly lifted and rose backwards.

The Dark Wizards glanced among themselves until one of them finally decided to brave a peak inside the still Batmobile. He looked confused for a moment before glancing back and upward toward their boss. "It's empty, Wormtail," he spoke, before he was jerked into the car screaming.

Say your prayers little one
Don't forget, my son
To include everyone

The Dark Wizards began to fire off killing curses and Crucio's blindly into the armored car only to have it reflected back by some kind of protective charm.

After a large number of them fell, they finally ceased fire, and glanced around, gasping when several bat-shaped throwing stars flew from the shadows on the opposite side of the inner walls of the castle, taking out the candles and torches.

The Dark Wizards bunched together in the darkness, shoulder to shoulder making a protective circle; none noticing the white demonic eyes opening in the center of the circle.

Tuck you in, warm within
Keep you free from sin
Till the Sandman he comes

Silently he picked them off, like the angel of death, swooping in silencing them, and disarming them, then disabling them. One at a time, and none of the Dark Wizards were any the wiser till their time came.

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

"Did you find him?" Wormtail called down holding his lit wand in his trembling good hand. The only response he got was silence. "Answer me! Where are you? Someone answer me!"

"I'm here." A growling voice spoke from behind him and the frightened Death Eater turned the light around to see a cape and cowl covered figure balancing himself on his hands and knees on the railing of the platform, his long bat-wing-like cape blew effortlessly in the breeze. His face was half covered by a large cowl, eyes hidden behind whited out demonic eye-pieces, and on top of his head pointed upward were a pair of bat-like 'ears'. Under the cape-like cloak was a set of black and gray tights, and in the center of his chest was a gold oval and a red bat shaped symbol.

The man known only as the Batman glared at Wormtail, his muscles rippling under the tights. "Put down the wand and give yourself up, this is your last chance NOT to do something stupid."

Something's wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of snow white

Wormtail shot a Crucio toward the Dark Knight, who easily jumped the beam, throwing open his cape as if it were actual wings. He sank his clawed gauntlets into the other side of the platform's railing, and flipped back to face the cowardice Death Eater again. "Put. Down. The Wand." Batman growled, narrowing his white eyes.

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
Dreams of dragon's fire
And of things that will bite

Wormtail whimpered slightly before turning and dashing away from the Bat, tears of fear welling up in his eyes.

Now I lay me down to sleep
Pray the lord my soul to keep
If I die before I wake
Pray the lord my soul to take

The Aurors finally made it across the moat, and Wormtail finally came to a stop over top a large vat of chemicals. He pointed his wand at his 'former master' from his time as 'Scabbers the Rat' Ron Weasley. "This is for letting your brothers use me as a guinea pig, Weasley!" Wormtail said with a grin, Ron oblivious to being targeted. "Avada …"

Hush little baby, don't say a word
And never mind that noise you heard
It's just the beast under your bed,
In your closet, in your head

"Your last warning, Pettigrew," Batman said slowly walking toward him. "Put down your wand and I won't have to make you."

Exit light
Enter night

"A-Avada …" Wormtail tried to continue, forcing himself to ignore the Batman's intimidating presence. "Avada Kad-" Wormtail was cut off when a boa cable wrapped around his legs throwing him down over the edge of the platform.

Take my hand

Wormtail gasped when The Batman gripped his silver hand, letting him dangle over the vat of unknown chemicals. "I won't let you take the easy way out, Wormtail," Batman growled, "You're going to Azkaban."

"I won't go there, I won't! I won't!" Wormtail said taking his wand and touching the tip to his silver hand. A split second later the solid artificial hand turned to sand in the Batman's grasp, and Wormtail tumbled into the vat of chemicals, screaming in pain as it burned into his skin.

We're off to Never-Never Land

The Aurors turned their wands to shine lights toward the platform where Wormtail fell, and found it empty.

(-V-)

It didn't take the Aurors long at all to secure the area, and Ron stood in the corner of castle, lighting a cigarette. "Those are bad for you." A growling voice spoke from the shadows.

"So's talking to you if any of my superiors caught me, I reckon." Ron replied, a slight smirk. "Wasn't your fault about Wormtail, I saw you try to save him. Should be a little while longer till we determine what the chemicals are. Then we'll fish the body out."

"Heard you and your ex-wife have been showing signs of getting back together," Batman spoke again in the shadows.

"Never would have thought you to be a tabloid reader," Ron chuckled. "We're just best friends again. Nothing more, nothing less. We wasted five years of our life pretending to be happily married when we were just living in a powder keg. We're happy as best mates again, so that's good enough for me."

"Always thought you two made a decent couple in school," Batman spoke with a hint of humor in his voice.

"So you went to Hogwarts with us then?" Ron asked, glancing toward the shadows, where he saw the outline of the Dark Knight in the darkness. "Were you in my year? How about our house?" Ron questioned.

"Stop trying to figure out who I am," Batman stated coldly. "Better for you not to know."

"Oh c'mon, Bats! Throw me a bone, we've been doing this song and dance for two years now," Ron complained shaking his head. "Batman? Batman? Bloody hell, I hate it when he does that …" he complained turning as the Batmobile roared to life and spun around in a donut before rocketing out the way it came. "Didn't even get to say thanks for the help, Mate …"

(-V-)

Early the next morning, Ron Weasley approached the Ministry of Magic office building with determination on his face, a clothing bag thrown over his shoulder.

Ron stopped at the front desk at the hall and smiled at the receptionist. "Hey Lara," Ron winked at the young woman.

"Jolly good morning, Mr. Weasley," the cute blond headed woman smiled back at the redhead, sitting up in her chair and thrusting her chest out a bit.

"Did the Vice-Minister of Education spend the night again?" Ron asked with a bit of humor.

"Any doubt about it? You can probably guess where she is, go right ahead, Mr. Weasley," She nodded, waving him to go ahead into the office.

Ron made his way into the Ministry toward the chosen office of the Ministry's Vice Minister of Education's office, or more to the point the large room right next door. Ron walked into the door to the large library and made his way to the table in the very back.

Ron smirked to himself as he saw the only person present. A bushy brown haired woman with her face planted in an open tome fast asleep. He quietly made his way around the table and sat down beside the softly snoring young woman. "Hermione?" Ron whispered right next to her ear, earning only quiet grumbles. "Hot news in the Prophet this morning …" Ron whispered in a sing-song voice.

"Go …way … sleepy …" She grumbled picking her head up just enough to turn away from the redhead.

"Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy make the public declaration that they are homosexual by having a sexual voyeur romp in the center of Hogsmeade Village …" Ron said in an official voice.

Hermione's head shot up and she looked around frantically. "WHAT THE?!?" She squeaked before she fell right out of her chair, dragging the large tome down with her, hitting her in the chest sending her breathless.

Ron doubled over laughing, "Oh, the look on your face!" He laughed hard.

"Ronald Weasley!" Hermione coughed, "That was just … EVIL! Sick and disgusting, pathetic … and … and …" The Vice Minister scowled up at the laughing Auror. "One of the main reasons I left you!"

"Who left who, Vice Minister Weasley?" Ron chuckled, "I don't recall you having to do any house hunting."

"Anyway, I trust you know the refresher charm, and I swung by the flat and picked you up a change of cloths." Ron said dropping the clothing bag on Hermione's face.

"What are you going on about, Ron?" Hermione complained, sitting up on the floor.

"You know, I'm surprised I remembered if you forgot," Ron said giving his ex-wife/best friend a pointed look. "Hogwarts Ten Year Reunion."

"Bloody hell!" Hermione panicked, grabbed the cloths and dashed out of the library and cut toward the women's loo.

Ron chuckled to himself as he walked out of the library and turned and entered Hermione's office. He glanced over her desk, not surprising she had all their wedding pictures removed. What was in their place were newer pictures, and one older.

Ron sighed sadly as he picked up a picture that felt so long ago… in the enchanted picture was three first year kids at Hogwarts. A bushy haired girl, and two scrawny boys, one with bright red hair and another with dark hair and glasses and a distinct lightening bolt shaped scar on his forehead. They were smiling and laughing and hugging and gripping each other in a playful manner.

"I miss him too, Ron," Hermione smiled as she walked in, brushing her bushy hair. "At least we got our friendship on track."

"Getting a divorce was the best thing we ever did for our friendship, wasn't it, Mione?" Ron asked still looking at the three friends in the photograph. "Who ever heard of a couple walking out of divorce court holding hands, huh?"

"Elvis and Pricilla," Hermione stated, with a small smile.

"Who?" Ron asked, looking up blankly.

"Never mind, Muggle thing." Hermione shrugged off.

"We almost got it back like it should be, but still got one piece missing," Ron sighed sitting the picture back down on the desk.

"We always were a three legged chair," Hermione stated picking up a mirror to check her make up.

"We'll talk to him today, Hermione," Ron said, "Maybe we can talk some sense into his stupid self. I still say Malfoy has him under some kind of spell, maybe not the Unforgivable, but he's still not our Harry."

"Our Harry wouldn't just up and disappear for seven years then come back a complete jerk, Ron," Hermione said putting down the mirror, and tied her hair in a ponytail. "Doesn't take a genius to figure out we had a fair share in doing our Harry in."

"He could have waited till we got back from our honeymoon to go off the deep end," Ron said, rubbing his eyes slightly. "I'm surprised we even lasted five years of marriage, Mione. In fact; I'm surprised you didn't end up a widow after me mysteriously vanishing and you faking a bunch of tears without him around. Harry always was the one to break up our fights and keep you from doing an Unforgivable curse on me."

"Like you said, we'll talk to him and try to talk some sense into him today," Hermione said hugging her ex-husband. "Or I'll hex him a few times till the real Harry comes back. Remember the Canary Charm?"

"How could I forget?" Ron shivered, "I still have nightmares."

"Best head to King's Crossing," Hermione checked the time, "Can't miss the Hogwarts Express, despite that's what you're best at."

"Heaven forbid, and after today we may be the trio again: the brains the hero and the prat." Ron smiled slapping an arm around Hermione's shoulder.

"Of course," Hermione smiled, "Let's go, Prat."

(-V-)

"The Guests should be arriving shortly, Headmistress," Professor Tonks, the longest running Defense against the Dark Arts professor in ages, said as she walked with Madam Poppy Pomfrey and Headmistress Minerva McGonagall across the courtyard of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. "Then we can get this party started."

"Do we have enough Sobering Potions to go around, Poppy?" McGonagall asked a faint smile growing on her aged face.

"Do you really think they'll be bringing alcohol to a school function, even if it is a reunion?" Poppy asked, shaking her head.

"Heavens no," McGonagall chuckled, before turning an accusing glare on the DADA Professor. "I have reason to believe that a certain professor and her Marauder Husband may have already brought some onto school grounds."

"Hey, leave Remus out of it; he didn't have anything to do with it this time … oops." Tonks blushed crimson, and covered her face with her hands.

"No harm really, as long as we keep it under control. Just keep an eye on the Slytherin and … Mr. Potter." McGonagall stated, "You know, I would have thought it would have been Mr. Weasley we'd have to watch …" She said, a wave of sadness washing over her eyes.

"There's more to Mr. Potter then meets the eye," Poppy stated, slowing down when she saw a figure standing before the Astronomy Tower. "Dumbledore had a lot of faith in the boy."

"Yes indeed," McGonagall said a hint of bitterness in her voice, "As he did in Severus Snape."

"Perhaps," Poppy said, breaking away from the two professors. "Excuse me."

The aged nurse quickly made her way to the Tower and stopped at a large gold plaque before a stone statue of Albus Dumbledore, the previous Headmaster of Hogwarts. She stood there for a moment and bowed her head in honor of the great wizard when she noticed another standing beside her.

She glanced over at the young man of twenty seven years, he stood tall, around six foot two with his broad and built muscles hidden by a tuxedo and trench coat, his black hair was slicked back revealing a lightening bolt scar on his forehead, and his emerald eyes shinned with a hint of sadness behind owl-framed glasses.

"I've been reading about you, Harry," Poppy said in a soft tone, as Harry Potter knelt and placed a white rose on the plaque. "It worries me. The world thinks you're unkillable, I don't want you to start thinking yourself to be."

"I'm beginning to think I am, but not that I want to be," Harry said standing back to his feet. "I miss him so much …"

"I wish you wouldn't put so much into faking the carefree attitude though," Poppy said, "McGonagall doesn't approve, and I'm sure it would deeply hurt Albus if he knew you didn't care about yourself."

"I don't matter, Poppy," Harry stated in a cold iron voice. "Only the Mission matters."

Pomfrey nodded, and the two stood in silence for a moment. "Vice Minister Granger-Weasley and I talked the other day."

Harry nodded. "About you." She stated, finally getting a reaction out of the young man, though it was only a concerned look. "Don't worry, Potter, I didn't tell her about your tights-wearing nightlife, if that's what you're worried about."

Harry nodded slightly before turning back to Dumbledore's statue. "Ron and Hermione have gotten over their divorce, and have rebuilt their friendship, Harry. They're not dooming themselves because of past mistakes…"

"Is that a shot?" Harry asked a hint of amusement in his voice.

"What you do at night, Harry, it is a good thing. The world needs a champion, and I'm proud you've stepped up. Albus would have been proud as well." Poppy paused to look at the statue's face. "But if you cut yourself off from humanity, how will you know what you're fighting for?"

"I understand," Harry whispered, bowing in respect to his former headmaster.

"Promise me something, Harry," Poppy spoke up as he turned to leave. "Promise when this is over, when the last of You Know Who's followers is put away in Azkaban, let the Bat disappear. We've all missed Harry Potter."

"We'll see," Harry smirked before walking away from the nurse.

(-V-)

An hour later, Hermione and Ron walked into the Great Hall of Hogwarts and smiled when they saw countless friends and classmates gathered around their respective House Tables. Ron and Hermione spotted Neville, Hermione's old Dorm-Mates Lavender and Parvati.

"You're running late, Boss," Neville smirked at Ron as he and Hermione sat down at the Gryffindor table.

"So are you two getting back together like the papers say?" Lavender squealed.

"Nope, still an available gentleman, ladies," Ron said sticking out his chest.

"He still a lemon, Hermione?" Lavender asked Ron's ex-wife.

"Only reason I stuck it out for five years is so he can earn a little bit so I can take it through the divorce." Hermione winked, pinching Ron's arm.

"I just don't get any respect …" Ron deflated, resting his elbows on the table.

"Hello, if I could have your attention," Professor McGonagall said standing up at the podium at the front of the hall, "Thank you all for coming out for this tenth anniversary class reunion," McGonagall stated, but was rudely interrupted when the main doors were swung open and in walked Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter, Draco's on again off again girlfriend Pansy on his arm, and a beautiful blond on Harry's arm.

"Boy Who Lived has arrived!" Draco announced as Harry smirked pridefully.

"Oh, don't get up," Harry waved with his free hand, "Hey, don't mind us, Minnie, go on with your speech, talk, lecture, whatever."

Harry led Draco and the girls toward Gryffindor Table, and handed the four class mates sitting on the other side of Ron and Hermione a bag full of gold. "There's you more money then you'll make in five years, mates, go sit somewhere else."

Hermione glared as the four former class mates grabbed at the money like rabid animals and leapt from the seats.

"Who says money can't buy happiness, huh mates?" Harry winked at Draco and his date as they all sat down beside Harry's teen years' best friends.

"So, got tired of washing Ronniekens' dirty boxers, did you, Mione-dear?" Harry asked toward Hermione, causing her face to turn red in embarrassment and anger.

"Ten years and not a word, and the first thing you can say to me is THAT?" Hermione asked in outrage.

"Well, sure the divorce was two years ago, Mione, and I still have yet to congratulate you on making Vice Minister, also your parents for finding that great property in Jersey." Harry smirked, smiled at Hermione and Ron's stunned expressions. "Think I didn't keep up with you two? How's Mum, Ronniekens?"

"She's fine …" Ron blinked, as Harry glanced up at McGonagall, who was still giving a speech.

"Think you can pick it up? I'm hungry." Harry shouted, earning glares from three fourths of the room, but chuckles from Slytherin table.

"Harry! How could you be so rude!" Hermione hissed, then taking a glare at his dingy looking date, who was glancing around the room with wide lazy eyes.

"Oh it's easy Hermione, you should remember exactly how it's done from sixth year," Harry gave the bushy haired girl a lopsided smile.

Hermione stood to her feet and threw her pumpkin juice in Harry's face. "Come along, Ronald, we're setting somewhere else."

"Hey don't be like that, Hermione!" Harry called out, but Hermione and Ron were already making their way to the other end of the table. With their back turned they missed the flash of regret in Harry's eyes.

(-V-)

The Reunion continued on without incidence, Ron and Hermione for the time being kept their distance from Harry, till Hermione cooled down anyway.

"Can you believe that?" Hermione asked still fuming.

"Yeah, where does he get all those beautiful toys?" Ron asked, staring at the obvious super model Harry brought as a date.

"That's a girl Ron, not a toy," Hermione narrowed her eyes on her ex.

"po-tay-to, po-tah-to, she's beautiful," Ron continued to ogle the blonde.

"Why don't you go talk to her," Hermione nodded as Harry was called over to Professor McGonagall in the corner of the room. "He'll dump her in a week. He hasn't kept a girlfriend for more then a week since he came back."

"And how do we know this, Hermione?" Ron grinned at the Vice Minister, who suddenly took the facial color of his hair.

"Whatever, go talk to the bimbo, I'm going to go see Harry get jerked back to reality by the Headmistress." Hermione glared, before walking away.

"I'm sure you love to see Harry get jerked, don't you Mione?" Ron grinned, earning a half growl half hiss from his ex-wife.

Ron giggled to himself as he walked toward the blond, and finally took her in. She was leaning against the wall in a long purple gown that hugged her curves, and her long curled hair hung over one shoulder, while her big blue eyes shinned in the low lit room. "Hey … the name's Weasley, Ron Weasley, you know, third of the great trio, Auror, one of the three saviors of the world, magical or otherwise …" Ron said smoothly.

"One time best keeper in Gryffindor history, as well as youngest son of Arthur and Molly Weasley?" the girl said, turning her dazed eyes on the redhead.

"Yeah, that's me," Ron said.

"Ronald, I'm cut that you do not remember me," the girl said in an overly dramatic pout.

"Great Merlin …" Ron breathed as realization finally hit him from hearing the girl's voice. "Luna?!?"

(-V-)

Hermione hung to the wall as she got to where she could see Harry and McGonagall but they couldn't see her, and she stifled a gasp when McGonagall slapped Harry across the face. "Harold James Potter, I could understand you taking in the joys of life but did Professor Dumbledore not teach you a thing. Did you not comprehend what he was trying to teach you between what is right and easy?"

"I understood his lessons completely, Professor …" Harry said in a softer tone, only to be silenced by a second slap.

"I normally do not become physical with my students but I often viewed you as a grandchild, Harry, and someone has to knock you from your foolishness!" McGonagall growled.

"Professor, please …" Harry said for the first time to either of them that night sounding like the old Harry. "What you see … this isn't the real me, there's more … deep down, that I can't show, not yet."

"Mr. Potter, you should realize by now it is not what is inside that makes you who you are, but what you do that defines you." McGonagall stated, crossing her arms across her chest.

"I see …" Harry bowed his head.

"Go back out there, Harry, I won't throw you out," McGonagall said, "UNLESS you cause anymore trouble."

"No, I think I'll just take a walk around the school right now," Harry said, narrowing his eyes on the shadows around the corner, "You head on back in there, you too Hermione," Harry said glancing toward her hiding place.

Hermione sheepishly walked out from the corner and stood beside McGonagall as Harry quickly walked out of the hall.

"He's become quiet peculiar …" McGonagall said.

"Yes he has," Hermione nodded.

"Though he has developed quite the butt on him as well," McGonagall stated again before turning back toward the party.

"Yes he… WHAT?" Hermione shook off the shock and followed along behind.

McGonagall and Hermione walked back into the party only to stop suddenly when they felt two jabs in the back.

"Don't move, or you'll get it," Hermione heard the Death Eater Bellatrix's voice behind her, "Perfect place to get revenge on the three brats who killed our master," Her companion stated from behind McGonagall.

"OK!" Bellatrix called into the party, causing it to come to a full halt. "I want everyone to throw your wands to the ground and stay completely still."

Most did as told while the Professors, Ron, and Neville were the slowest to reply. "Do it or they both die, Granger dies anyway, but I'd hate to have another Headmaster die." Bellatrix's unknown lackey stated hatefully.

Neville and the Professors finally did it but Ron waited till he saw a pointy-eared shadow cross across the corner of the room.

Ron glanced at Bellatrix, "Have you heard about those new stories about the Batman? How he's hunting down all the Death Eaters who followed Riddle?" Ron asked with a smirk. "Do you really think bringing yourself out into the open like this was a smart thing to do?"

Bellatrix laughed heartedly. "I know your game, the Batman is just a fairy tale you Aurors made up to scare us into giving up, but I will not be fooled by your little game." She stated boastfully, only her lackey noticing the large bat-shaped shadow growing around them.

Bellatrix gasped when one foot planted on her dark wizard lackey's face, knocking him to the ground, then her own wand being jerked from her hand and thrown across the room. Hermione and Minerva stared in awe as they turned and saw Bellatrix being lifted off the ground by the collar of her robes by the Dark Knight. "W-What are you?!?" Bellatrix half screamed staring into the demon's blank eyes.

"I'm Batman." He stated coldly before throwing Bellatrix over his shoulder, into the refreshment table. McGonagall and Hermione gasped when the Batman grabbed them both, and leapt into the air, landing near Ron and Neville. "Start evacuating the room. There's other Dark Wizards around." Batman growled toward Ron and Neville.

"Where, only ones we saw were Bellatrix and her mate," Ron stated.

Batman answered by backhanding something behind him and a dark wizard tumbled to the ground with his invisible cloak bunching around him.

Hermione stared in awe of the Dark Knight, as Ron ushered her out of the room with everyone else. Before Neville closed the door she could see the strangely dressed vigilante approaching the dazed Bellatrix, and then right after the door closed Hermione could hear her terrified screams.

TO BE CONTINUED …

C. Cowboy: I know it may seem a little fast paced, but I wanted to set the stage for what's going on. Let me know what you think, this is my first dribble in post HBP, and I hope I'll give the characters more justice then I feel JKR did.

Song credits:

Enter: Sandman by Metallica

Gotham City by R. Kelly