Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and The Legends of the Dark Knight by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and The Legends of the Dark Knight

Classic Cowboy

When I first meet him I didn't take him seriously. I'm pretty sure the feeling was mutual. He thought I was just the heir to the art because my fathers the grandmaster. We came to respect each other after a while. I'm still the better fighter though. It's kinda strange how we both ended up in the same business. Then again maybe not. He's one of the few who knows my secret and I'm one of the few that know his. I also know is that there is no one I'd rather have covering my back in a fight then him. - Shinji Saotome/Superman (See: upcoming untitled super crossover co-written with Fusionblaster)

Chapter 4: Incomplete

(-V-)

Empty spaces fill me up with holes
Distant faces with no place left to go
Without you within me I can't find no rest
Where I'm going is anybody's guess

I've tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby
It's written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

I've tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete

I don't mean to drag it on, but I can't seem to let you go
I don't wanna make you face this world alone
I wanna let you go (alone)

I've tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete

- Incomplete by Backstreet Boys

(-V-)

Present Day

Hermione Granger-Weasley managed to get her flat's front door open and walked in with a yawn. It hadn't been an uneventful evening; how many women can say they shared pizza and a small round of firewhiskey with their ex and his undressed new flame? Once they got passed Luna's randomness they had a fun evening, and despite Ron's teasing Hermione didn't break down and strip down like Luna to compare and contrast.

She made it to her bedroom and silently changed into her nightgown, before sitting down on the bed with a book. The book was never opened as her eyes were locked with a photo on her night table. Hindsight is twenty-twenty they say, and Hermione could definitely profess to that. On her night table was a picture of her wedding day with two most important men in her life, and now she could see plainly a deep rooted sadness that she ignored for so long in his deep green eyes.

Hermione had assumed that since Voldemort was dead Harry would just slip into back into the Harry she knew before the Dark Lord started picking her best friend's humanity apart. It was only logical… like it was only logical that because everyone thought they were a cute couple that she and Ron were soul mates. "Oh Merlin …" Hermione whimpered as she took the picture and held it tight to her chest. She didn't let the emotions go very often, never in front of anyone. But now alone in her room, she wept for what she and Ron had accomplished that Tom Riddle never could.

(-V-)

"Hold him down!" Pompy said as Remus and Tonks fought to hold the thrashing Harry down to the table. "Get that top off him so we can restrain him … bloody spell proof grabs!" the medi-witch cursed as she aimed her wand as Lupin jerked at Harry's ruined Bat-suit top. Once it was up enough, Pompy hit the screaming young man with a petrifying spell right on the abdomen freezing him instantly.

Harry laid still at last while Pompy went to work at his burns and injuries. Meanwhile Lupin held Tonks as she turned to him, unable to stand the look of raw pain and terror edged on Harry's frozen face. "As soon as you're recovered, Harry, you're talking to Ron and Hermione about what happened and how you feel," Lupin said watching the tears run down Harry's frozen cheeks, having a good guess on what it was he was seeing.

Ten Years Ago

"Y-you're getting what?!" Harry gawked as he glanced from the gitty Hermione to the awkwardly blushing Ron.

"Ron asked me to marry him at the stroke midnight last night, and I said yes of course, who would have thought Ron could have a romantic bone in his bloody body?" Hermione raddled in one breath.

"Are … you two sure about this?" Harry asked glancing back and forth between them. "I mean … you've only been dating for a few months, right?"

"Yes, but we've known each other since we were eleven," Hermione rolled her eyes slightly, "And it's like you've been saying since the Charlie's wedding this past summer, not to wait and live life to the fullest because you never know when it'll be your last day alive!"

"If … you're sure … then … congratulations!" Harry said, though Hermione didn't notice the total lack of enthusiasm.

"Oh … Harry there's something else …" Hermione said, her excitement fading into an almost timidness.

"Yes …" Harry gulped, wondering why this felt worse then any Cruciatus Curse.

"Um … with my parents and Professor Dumbledore gone …" Hermione bit her lower lip looking up into Harry's eyes. "Would you … maybe be willing to be best friend and also … maybe if you would … give me away?"

"You … you want me to … to give you away … to Ron …" Harry stammered as if trying to get his mind around the thought.

Hermione gave a shy nod in reply.

"Hey, Hermione, you mind stepping outside the common room for a second, so Harry and I can talk about it?" Ron asked after a moment of Harry's goldfish impression. "You know, guy talk."

Hermione looked vaguely disappointed, but nodded. "I'll go tell Ginny and Luna the good news while you do that and I'll meet you both at the great hall." She said before bounding out of the common room.

The boys waited in silent for a moment, making sure Hermione wouldn't return before Ron finally spoke up. "I'm not as daft as a lot of people take me for you know, Harry?" Ron said crossing his arms and turning away from his best friend.

"W-What do you mean?" Harry said finally finding his voice.

"I saw what happened in fifth year," Ron stated simply, not meeting Harry's gaze. "I've seen my older brothers falling for girls all my life; I know what it looks like. I wasn't expecting Hermione to ask that of you, and make no mistake, I'm just as shocked as you what she asked. I just have one question for you, Harry. Brother to brother, all I ask is pure honesty."

"You know I wouldn't lie to you about anything important," Harry croaked out.

"Do you love her?" Ron asked finally looking at him.

"Of course, after everything we've been through together, how can I not love the both of you …" Harry answered, cocking his head to the side. This seemed to infuriate the redhead.

"That's not what I'm asking, dimwit," Ron hissed through clinched teeth. "I'm asking do you LOVE her as in "In-love" Potter?"

"Oh." Harry said in understanding but made no other noise.

"Answer the bloody question before I hex you," Ron warned, fingering the wand in his pocket.

"I have no complaints to you marrying her, Ron," Harry said in a monotone voice, turning away and starting toward the stares to the dormitories. "Tell her I'll give her away." He said in the same tone before disappearing up the stairs.

Ron stared after him for several moments before cursing under his breath. "Face the Dark Lord but can't … Bloody coward…"

(-V-)

Days rolled almost as hours and minutes. Graduation came and gone, and now at Number 12 Grimmauld Place a new life was about to begin for two of Hogwarts' most famous students.

"So, you're just going to leave after the wedding Harry?" Remus asked as Harry stood just inside the back door of the mansion. "Any idea where you're headed?"

"Yeah, there's a sorcerer that's known for combating evil in Europe," Harry said, looking out the opened door to see Ron fidgeting before the Minister of Magic and his brothers trying to calm him. "Dr. Fate has already accepted me as a pupil. After that … we'll see."

"It's time."

Harry and Remus looked, and the breath caught in Harry's throat at the pure beauty at the top of the stairs. "Hermione … wow …" Harry breathed at the beautiful blushing bride in a rather fitting but conservative white gown with her face partially hidden by a white veil. She was flanked by her bridesmaids. As each of the women, Prof. McGonagall, Ginny, Lavender, and the Patil twins, stepped forward to be take a usher's arm.

Never seen a blue sky

Once the last of the bridesmaids was escorted to the front of the gathering, Hermione wrapped her arm around Harry's. "Am I making the right move Harry?" She asked, but Harry had no answer for her.

Yeah I can feel it reaching out

And moving closer

"Nothing's changed, Harry," Hermione whispered as Harry led her up the isle in the candle lit backyard of 12 Grimmauld Place. "When the honeymoon's over and we come home, we're still going to be the Trio. You know that right?"

There's something about blue

Asked myself what it's all for

"A night wedding was a really nice idea, Hermione," Harry replied as they approached the Minister and the Bridesmaids and Groomsmen.

"Who gives this young witch to this wizard?" The Minister asked in a booming voice and Harry felt his blood freeze.

You know the funny thing about it

"Her …" Harry closed his eyes and steadied his breath as best he could. "Her parents and I."

I couldn't answer

No I couldn't answer

Harry handed Hermione to Ron then took his place at Ron's side as Best Man … best friend.

He watched silently as Hermione and Ron held hands and stared into each others eyes paying attention to the Minister about as much as Harry was.

Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Harry listened as Ron and Hermione exchanged vows, wondering if this is what his parents wedding was like … and if this is what Snape felt having to sit through it.

And images that might be real

"Is there anyone here who has any reason these two should not become man and wife, please speak now, or forever hold your peace." The Minister said and Harry was tempted to speak up.

May be illusion

"Then by the power vested in me by the Her Majesty the Queen and the Ministry of Magic," the Minister said as a faint squeaking and fluttering sound could be heard in the distance. "I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Weasley. You may now kiss your bride."

Keep flashing off and on

As soon as Ron's lips touched Hermione's a massive flock of bats swooped down the isle seemingly attracted to the lights. Everyone panicked and ducked down dodging the winged mammals with the exception of one.

Free

Wanna be free

Gonna be free

And move among the stars

You know they really aren't so far

Harry glanced around at everyone, the Weasleys, Hermione, Ron, the Minister, their classmates and friends, and Ron and Hermione's families. They were all terrified. It was … fascinating.

Feels so free

Gotta know free

Please

Harry without looking back walked up the isle, through the swarm of bats as if they weren't even there.

Don't wake me from the dream

It's really everything it seemed

He walked into the mansion and picked up his packed bags and looked at the portkey Dr. Fate gave him.

I'm so free

No black and white in the blue

What did Harry have here left? Sirius and Dumbledore were dead. Ron and Hermione had each other. What did Harry have? He had a responsibility, one that he wasn't ready to take yet. He had to prepare. He had to train.

Everything is clearer now

Life is just a dream you know

"Goodbye Ron … Hermione …" Harry said as he stared at the portkey. "You'll be safe. Everyone will be safe." Harry said softly as he reached out for the portkey.

That's never ending

I'm ascending

(-V-)

Two Years Later

"You've done well, Harry," Dr. Fate said as they both sat two feet in the air cross legged.

"Thank you," Harry said simply, staring into the golden full faceplate of the Sorcerer.

"You have much to learn still though," Fate said, standing up and motioning for the young wizard to do the same. "And not only in combat disciplines. You must accept your parents deaths were not your fault. Your friends' deaths were not your fault. You must confront the darkness inside you, and if you cannot drive it away, you must harness it so that it will be under your control and not you under its control."

"Yes sir," Harry nodded, then looked confused when the wise sage handed him a sheet of parchment.

"On this are addresses. These are all powerful warriors. They will train you in what you need to know. Some are magical some are Muggles. Learn what they have to teach you and you will accomplish what you are driving yourself to do." Fate said and in a flash Harry found himself outside his tower with a traveling backpack at his feet.

Deceived by my eyes and all I was told I should see
Opinions not mine, the person they taught me to be

"If my clumsy son can do it you can to!" the Muggle pigtailed martial artist snapped as Harry got back into a base stance beside another his own aged. "Shinji, Harry, do it again."

Harry watched the dark haired youth mirror his own moves; both going through advanced katas. Harry struggling to keep up with the almost inhumanly fast Shinji Saotome, heir to the Anything Goes Style of martial arts.

"Don't get mad, Hair," Shinji said, as Harry's green eyes snapped to the young martial artist. "Just don't give up." Shinji added with a smirk.

"Maybe I like getting mad," Harry said before throwing a few more punches into the kata.

One night in the dark, a vision of someone I knew
And in the darkness I saw, a voice say, "I'm you"

Harry threw his shirt to the side of the practice mat, the hot Florida sun burning at his muscled skin as he glanced at his aged teacher, before turning to his sparing partner. "Sensei Possible, are you saying I will have your stamp of approval if I take your granddaughter down?"

"That'll do it, sonny," the old woman smirked, pushing her glasses up on her nose.

Hearts uninspired, trapped inside somebody's dream
Too close to the fire, yet cold and numb with the pain

"As my best friend would say," Harry's redheaded opponent smirked, taking a fighting stance. "Bring it."

Harry studied the redhead in the green tank top and cargo pants for a moment before leaping at her using only the martial arts techniques he learned at the Saotome School in Japan.

But the fever has broken, and the river has run to the sea
Washed to the ocean, and saved by a voice inside me

Harry gawked in surprise when she easily side stepped him, and slapped his butt as he soared past her. He landed on one hand and spun to face her in a crouching stance.

"Wondering how I did that?" his opponent asked, pushing her long red hair over her shoulder. "It was no big."

Inside me a light was turned on
Then I was alive

"Hey slow down!" Shinji yelled as he struggled to keep up the mirroring of the katas.

Harry didn't listen just kept pushing himself harder and harder to learn the style.

If you close your eyes
Your life, a naked truth revealed

"Whoa!" the redhead gasped as she barely dodged the slightly older Brit.

"Oh, you are so not going to … eep!" She gasped when Harry swept her legs and caught her in a cradle.

"Well, I caught you, K.P." Harry smirked down at the girl cradled in his arms.

"So not the drama," the redhead smirked back, giving Harry a worried feeling. "One, only one person is allowed to call me that and … two, you have to hold on to me."

Dreams you never lived,
and scars never healed

Harry wasn't prepared for her to knee him in the jaw and leap away grinning playfully. "It is 'so on'," Harry mimicked before continuing their game of cat and mouse.

In the darkness, light will take you to the other side
And find me waiting there

"Guess this is it, huh?" Shinji said as he and his parents stood at the entrance of their dojo. "If you ever need me, you know where to find me." Shinji said gripping Harry's wrist.

"Back at you … if you can find me." Harry responded. "All things considering, you're the second person I ever considered a brother."

"That means a lot …" Shinji said glancing away, and to his and his parents surprise when they looked back to Harry they found themselves alone.

"Going to have to get him to teach me how to do that sometime …" Shinji smirked, before following his family back inside.

You'll see, if you just close your eyes

Harry breathed in the Gulf coast air and listened to the waves from his hotel room window when he heard a voice speak up from the bed. "So who's Hermione?"

"No one important …" Harry replied not looking at the younger girl in his bed.

"Must have been for you to use her name during … ya know." She said blushing slightly.

"Ok, then, who's Ron? When you lose two guys to a girl by the same name, you can talk," Harry smirked, glancing back to the ocean. "I'm really starting dislike the name … Ron …"

"Nana said your training's done, what next?" she said sitting up in the bed.

"Got one more stop in the Himalayas. After that … I'll go home." Harry said, glancing to his packed bag.

"Think I'll ever see you again?" the girl asked, "I know this was just a fling but … I'd like to think we're at least friends."

"We'll see, Kim, you have your best friend to go home to, I have mine." Harry said scanning the room with his eyes for a moment.

"Yeah, your best friend and her Ron, and my best friend Ron and HIS game queen Zita." Kim pouted slightly glancing away. "Like I can actually talk anymore now can I? Harry?" she asked glancing up and finding Harry and his backpack missing. "Could have said goodbye…"

(-V-)

Harry stumbled up the snowy mountain, half frozen and all numb from the cold temperature as he approached the final destination on his list. He looked up and saw a monastery and as he approached the large wooden doors, they slid open for him. He walked into the large hallway and could see a single man seated at the back of the hall.

"Ra's Al Ghul?" Harry's hoarse voice growled as he stumbled into the warmer room.

"Harry? Harry, it's time to wake up."

Present Day …

Harry's eyes slowly fluttered open. "Remus? Tonks?" He breathed seeing to the two relieved faces at his bedside.

"You had us worried stiff, young man," Lupin said patting the young man's shoulder.

"What happened?" Harry asked trying to sit up but failing miserably.

"You were hit by a massive dose of fear tonic, Mr. Potter," Madam Pomfrey said walking up and shining her lit wand in his eyes. "That, plus you were caught on fire. Might I suggest fireproofing that costume of yours?"

"I'll look into it, Pompy …" Harry sighed closing his eyes.

"I'll leave Remus the formula for the antidote for Severus' fear tonic," Pompy rolled her eyes as she moved toward the doorway. "Merlin knows you'll probably need it…" She sighed as she left the room and the smirking Harry.

(-V-)

A hand reaches out of the depth of the stream before the burned skinny bleached white body pulled itself from the icy waters. The once chubby man ran his now bony pearl white, purple nailed hand through his neon green hair as thoughts of his disastrous life came back to mind leading to this point.

His parents thought of him as a freak and a waste of skin.

"Hehe …"

His classmates, including the Marauders whom he considered his best friends looked at him as a loser.

"Hehe … hehe …"

Lily, who was his life line and defender, looking back now, only looked at him in pity.

"Haha … hehe … hehe …"

Severus and his fellow Death Eaters used him as canon fodder.

Hahaha … hahaha …"

His lord Voldemort. He gave him his hand and what did Voldemort give him in return? A hard time and a wasted life.

"Hahaha … haha …"

Sitting on his knees in the icy water, Peter Pettigrew finally understood what everyone already knew. His life finally made sense… He knew his purpose in life … he was just one … big … joke.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

To Be Continued …

"Kim Possible" and "Ranma ½" are properties of their respective owners; Shinji Saotome is the brainchild of my good friend Fusion Blaster. And we all know who Pettigrew has become…

I may go into more of Harry's training a bit later, but I just wanted to sum up a few of the places where Harry learned to fight. Up to you readers if you'd like more info on that or not. Join us next time, same bat website and same bat author!

Song credits:

Incomplete - Backstreet Boys

Blue - From "Cowboy Bebop"

Just Close Your Eyes - Waterproof Blond