Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Letter by Solomon Aegis
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Letter

Solomon Aegis

Chapter Three

Weddings and Birthdays

There was silence in that room situated above the bar of the grimiest pub in London. Not that you would have heard any noise or even found the location of the Leaky Cauldron and the room it contained unless you were a witch or a wizard. The witch and wizard who occupied the room were lying on the large four poster bed trying to rest although it was only eight in the evening. They had been awake and busy for the best part of sixteen hours, but if Harry had to be honest it was the occurrence of the last ten minutes that had really tired him out, and left him emotionally drained. Hermione had kissed him …not a friendly peck on the cheek, or the tighter hug and kiss that followed a miraculous escape from imminent death; this had been a full blown, deeply felt, bit of mouth to mouth resuscitation.

This is the start of the third chapter of a story that stared life as The Letter, which has now been transfigured into Harry Potter And The Final Enchantment which will be posted next year.

I had not intended to write another story but these two short chapters kept prodding me in the back of the head saying "Go on write a bit more." So I have succumbed and Harry Potter And The Final Enchantment is the result. Although Letter 1 and Letter 2 form the basis of the first two chapters of HPFE there are major differences and additions to the original script so please read them and don't jump straight to chapter three. Thanks for all your reviews on The Letter I hope you find HPFE much better.

Solomon Aegis.

England, December 2006.