Unofficial Portkey Archive

That Summer by Luminous Star
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

That Summer

Luminous Star

A/N:

Six months?! I have quite possibly got to be the worst fan fiction author in the world and just for that, I won't bore you anymore so we'll just get straight to the story, be sure to read the full AUTHOR'S NOTE at the bottom! Hope you like the chapter! J

Disclaimer: I own nothing, everything that you recognize from the Harry Potter Universe belongs to the lovely and absolutely amazing JK Rowling. The only thing I own is the plot, though I wouldn't say no to owning James too if JKR would let me… ;-)

Chapter 5: Let's Go to the Movies!

The sun seeped through the peach colored curtains in Lily Evans' room the next morning and danced gracefully across her closed eyelids until the redheaded girl finally awoke. Lily kept her eyes closed, smiling slightly for no apparent reason as she pulled the covers closer to her body, burying her nose into the long sleeve of the soft flannel shirt she had left on from the day before. As she breathed in, the distinct smell of James Potter filled her nose and Lily sighed. The smile that was currently on her lips involuntarily tugged and widened itself as memories of the day before flooded back to her. Realizing what she was doing, she shot up suddenly and shook her head, pressing the palms of her hands to her eyelids.

"Urgh! I will not dote or fall for James Potter. I will not dote or fall for James Potter." Lily repeated over and over as she gave orders to herself.

"I will not," she began as she opened her eyes and looked out the familiar window which, coincidentally looked into what was now James' room. "Dote or fall for…" Lily's rhythmic chant slowed down as she saw James race into his room. He picked up a book which was lying on his desk, tossed it into the air once and then caught it before sprinting back out and shutting his bedroom door behind him.

Lily felt a familiar tugging feeling on her lips and before she knew it, she was smiling again. She sighed and buried her head in her hands before muttering,

"Oh, sodding hell."

Admitting defeat, Lily hopped out of bed and grabbed a towel before walking to take a long shower. After, she returned to her room, careful to shut the curtains to her window before deciding on what to wear and changing for the day. Lily looked over her appearance in the mirror once more before deciding she looked alright and tucking the same thin wallet and cherry flavored chap-stick in her back pocket.

Picking up her old white sneakers, she finally padded down the hall barefoot and made her way downstairs to the empty kitchen.

Humming an old muggle song, Lily set the tea kettle on the stove top before going outside to fetch the daily newspaper from which she neatly extracted the 'In Your Town' section before setting the rest in front of her father's usual spot at the table. Seating herself on the opposite end of the small round table, Lily poured herself a bowl of frosted flakes cereal and began reading.

"Hello gorgeous." said a deep voice from behind her which caused Lily to jump.

"Dad!" Lily shrieked, playfully slapping him on the arm as he walked over to the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of orange juice.

"Don't do that! You gave me a fright!"

Jeff Evans smiled and let out a good natured laugh.

"Sorry, love, I just couldn't help it, you seemed so concentrated in reading that newspaper."

Lily rolled her eyes and took another bite of her breakfast.

"I thought you were going to be in the office all day Daddy."

"I am. Just came back to pick these up." Jeff replied holding up a few files in his right hand before setting them back on the table next to his glass.

Lily nodded and returned to her breakfast.

"But now that I'm here," Jeff began. "How did your date go with James yesterday?"

Lily forced herself not to choke on the cereal currently in her mouth as she swallowed.

"It wasn't a date dad." She replied hurriedly.

"Ok, fine." he replied, smiling slightly. "How did your completely platonic encounter that lasted the whole day go with James yesterday?"

Lily nodded, and opened her mouth to answer her father's question but was interrupted as she heard someone bounding down the stairs.

"Honey, I found this on the floor in your room," Laurie Evans said holding up James' flannel shirt.

Lily felt the heat rising slightly to her cheeks and forced it back down.

"I was going to ask you how your date with James went yesterday--"

"It wasn't a date mum!" Lily cut in, finding her voice, which had momentarily escaped her.

"--fine, your outing then." Laurie replied, correcting herself as she smiled down at her daughter.

"Yes, how did it go then Lily?" Her father asked again.

"Um…good I guess…" Lily replied quietly, moving the dregs of cereal that were still left at the bottom of her bowl around.

Laurie smiled at her husband and then looked back at Lily who was still not making eye contact.

"I'm sure it went more than 'good' considering I found his shirt on your bedroom floor this morning Lily." Laurie replied cheekily. "So tell us, how good is good exactly darling?"

"Um…" Lily replied slightly embarrassed.

If she couldn't even figure out exactly what she felt about James Potter, how was she supposed to explain it to her parents? Thankfully at that moment the doorbell rang.

Lily glanced up at the kitchen clock, knowing that it was James who must be at the door.

"So good in fact that James and I are hanging out again today? Bye!" Lily replied quickly as she dashed out of the kitchen and toward the front door, leaving her parents to chuckle heartily at her reply.

Lily opened the door hurriedly and shut it quickly behind her as she stepped out.

She gave a loud 'EEP!' As she lost her balance, having unexpectedly collided with a solid object that she knew wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, and squeezed her eyes shut, expecting to land hard on the wooden patio. Instead however, she felt a pair of strong arms catch hold of her before she fell and when she opened her eyes once again, it was to see the face of James Potter grinning down at her as he held her steady, in a position that resembled that of a dip in ballroom dancing.

"Hi." James breathed lightly.

"Hi yourself." Lily murmured back smiling.

"A-are you alright then?"

"I will be as soon as you put me upright James." Lily replied with a laugh.

"Oh! Yeah, right, sorry." James pulled her up to a standing position, smiling sheepishly as he did so.

"Thanks," Lily replied as she straightened out her outfit. "So, should we start walking?"

"Uh, actually, my dad said he'd drive us into town today on his way into the city." James replied motioning for Lily to follow him. "Come on, he's right over here."

Lily followed James down the steps and immediately saw Mr. Potter seated behind the wheel of a car waving merrily at them.

"Good morning Lily!" he called out.

"Good morning Mr. Potter-- I mean David. How are you doing?" Lily replied as she slid into the car through the door James had opened for her.

"Fit as a hippogriff my dear." David replied at her and James (who by this time had gotten in as well and was seated next to Lily.) through the rear view mirror.

"So, are you sure you know how to drive this thing dad?" James asked as he put on his seatbelt and tightened it so it fit snugly around his waist.

At this comment, David Potter turned around to look at his son, giving him an over exaggerated shocked look that was so similar to the ones James had given Lily on past occasions when she was accusing him of something it was almost uncanny. "James!" David Potter gasped. "I'm hurt that you would question my knowledge on such a subject, of course I know how to drive a car-- now if I could just figure out how to move the little stick thingy here down to the 'R' we could be on our way."

Lily cringed, realizing that if Mr. Potter did what he had just said, he would succeed in reversing the automobile directly into the hedges.

Mr. Potter caught her eye in mid thought and chortled. "Don't worry Lily, I was only joking." he replied with a wink as he put the car in 'drive' and took off.

Lily heaved an internal sigh of relief, discovering first hand that David was actually a very good driver for someone who had apparently just learned.

The three sat in silence as the compact car made its way toward the heart of town, Lily and James sneaking peaks at each other while they thought the other wasn't looking.

"So, what do you kids have planned for today?" David Potter asked, again looking at the two teenagers through the rearview mirror.

"We're going to see a moo-vee." James replied matter-of-factly.

"Lily pretended to scratch the end of her nose as she hid the smile that crept on her lips at James' pronunciation of the word 'movie.'

"Lily says that it's like watching a bunch of wizarding pictures put together with music and other sounds, right Lily?"

"Well, that sounds like it should be fun." Mr. Potter replied as he turned into the heart of the town.

He pulled up to a bus stop so that James and Lily could get off the car and with a last shout of "You kids behave yourselves!" and a parting wink out the window, James, and Lily, who was now blushing profusely, were on their own once more.

James chuckled and Lily looked up into his smiling face.

"What?" she asked in a slightly snappish tone.

"You know, you're cute when you're embarrassed." James replied.

"I'm not embarrassed." Lily huffed.

"Lils, you're blushing."

"No, I'm not, and don't call me Lils, James."

"Alright, Lily." James replied, putting an emphasis on her name. "Then how would you describe the act of your face turning red if not with the word 'blushing' ?"

"For the last time James, I'm not blushing, I'm simply-- simply glowing!" Lily replied lamely.

"Well, then Lily, I must say," James replied, lowering his head so that their noses were but centimeters apart. "If you glow anymore, you're likely to give a ripe tomato a run for it's money."

"One more comment like that Potter and you will be a tomato." Lily replied seriously as she pushed the sleeves of her three quarter shirt up past her elbows and advanced on him.

"C-come on Lily, I was only joking, heh, you know that right?" James replied as he backed away slowly as he watched the familiar I'm-going-to-hex-you-badly look cross over Lily's beautiful features.

Lily continued her advance on James, she had him right where she wanted him as he continued to ramble about how she should contain her anger, just a few more steps back and…

Suddenly, James felt his ankle hit a the back of the curb, and having been in mid-step, he tripped over his feet and landed on his back, his arms splayed out by his side.

Squinting his eyes against the bright sun, he looked up to see that an expression of amusement to have replaced the one of anger and annoyance that had adorned Lily's pretty features just seconds before.

"Honestly, Potter," Lily said through a giggle. "If we're going to be friends, you're going to have to learn how to take a joke once in a while and maybe realize when I'm not angry with you for teasing me?"

"Come on, Lily, we've had this conversation before. How in the name of Merlin do you expect me to act toward your apparent anger after being on the receiving end of most of your better hexes for the past six or so years of my life?"

"Oh, I knew you'd act that way," Lily replied matter-of-factly, "I just like watching you get tongue tied."

James shot her a look of outrage. "Oh don't be so touchy! Here, let me help you up." Lily held out a had to him and James examined it, as if considering his options.

"Or," James reached for her outstretched hand slowly. "I could always help you down."

And with that, James pulled on Lily's arm until she was on the grass beside him.

"No one gets the better of James Potter, not even you Miss Lily Evans." James tickled her, paying no attention to the fact that he was currently sitting atop her stomach as the ring or her laughter echoed through his ears.

"Okay! Okay! I give up, s-stop n-now James!" Lily shrieked through her laughter.

"Nope! First, you have to say James Potter is the most brilliant master mind to ever walk the halls of Hogwarts and I am more than lucky to be graced with his presence."

James stopped tickling her and leaned back so he was sitting on her stomach with his arms crossed, awaiting for her to repeat the phrase.

"Little full of yourself there aren't you?" Lily replied.

"Well, I thought about making you say 'James Potter is a sexy beast and I am restraining myself fully from dragging him into a dark alley and having my wicked way with him.' but I didn't think you'd take too kindly to that."

"Too right you are, but this is just plain silly." Lily replied, gesturing to the phrase.

She sighed and looked James straight in the eye before saying clearly:

"James Potter is the most brilliant master mind to ever walk the halls of Hogwarts School and I am more than lucky to be graced with his presence. Now will you please get off my stomach? You really weigh more than you look and at the moment you're cutting off my air supply."

"I dunno," James shifted slightly incase he really was making it hard for her to breathe. "I kinda like it up here, very comfy."

Lily crossed her arms and rolled her eyes at the boy messy haired boy, letting out a huff or air as she did so.

"Look! A brick wall!"

"Huh?" James replied, turning to look in the direction that Lily had looked in during her sudden outburst.

Seizing the opportunity, Lily flipped James over so their positions were changed.

"Ha!" She cried triumphantly. "See? Not so fun being pinned to the floor is it?"

"Putting aside the fact that I feel incredibly thick at the moment for falling for the 'Look! A Brick Wall!' distraction, I quite like this position-- much more so than our last one."

James smiled mischievously.

"Y-you-- wait what?"

"And for the record Lily, you can feel free to pin me anytime you'd like." James added waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Oh, you're so incorrigible!" Lily slapped him on the chest before getting up and tucking a lose tendril of hair behind her ear.

"I know I am," James said standing and pushing his glasses up his nose slightly. He walked over to her and leaned his head toward hers so they were a few inches away.

"But I have a feeling that you find my incorrigibleness endearing, nevertheless." James flashed her an infamous lopsided grin before walking ahead in the direction of the theater.

Behind him, still standing on the grass, Lily felt the butterflies in her stomach flutter but stubbornly immobilized them before quickening her pace to catch up with James.

Not even five minutes later, Lily had taken the lead once more.

"Come on! If we don't hurry, we'll be late for the matinee showing."

As they neared the front of the Sequoia Theater, James noticed a small booth that was painted in the same pale blues, creams, and pale wine reds as the theater itself. Across the top of the booth, in bold black letters the word 'Tickets' was painted, and just under that, a medium sized window situated with a slot underneath just large enough for you to stick part of your hand in.

Behind the window, sitting at a small counter, James noticed a girl no older than twenty with curly brown hair looking quite bored as she leafed through a magazine and blew rather large bubbles with her pink colored bubblegum.

"Hi." Lily approached the window smiling kindly.

The girl barely looked up from her magazine at Lily and popped yet another large bubble before replying in a slight drone. "Welcome to the Sequoia Theater, how can I help you today?"

"Two for the twelve o'clock showing of 'The Wizard of Oz,' please." Lily replied.

The girl put her magazine down and pushed a few buttons on the till and then another which made two identical tickets pop out from a slot in the middle of the counter.

"That'll be £ 3.75"

James noticed Lily reaching into her pocket to pull out her wallet and stepped up to the till.

"I'll get it Lily."

"No, James, it's fine, look I'm already getting the money out." Lily replied.

"But I want to pay for it." James replied pulling out a crisp bill from his back pocket.

"Come on, you two, I don't have all day, one of you has to pay for it." the girl behind the counter chimed in.

"Just let me pay for the tickets, please James?" Lily replied.

James looked at her hesitantly and she could tell that he wasn't happy about letting her pay.

"Look, I promise I'll let you buy the snacks once we get inside, deal?" Lily did not wait for him to answer before she handed the money over and retrieved her change as well as the two tickets.

She turned back to face James who was waiting for her at the entrance to the theater with a slight frown on his face.

"Why the long face?" she asked as she handed him his ticket.

"I don't like having you pay." James grumbled.

"Oh come on James, it's not that big of a deal. Look, I promise I'll let you buy me whatever you want at the concession stand."

Lily saw James' eyes dart up ahead.

"Whatever I want?" he asked.

"Yes, whatever you want." Lily replied knowing she was going to regret having said that.

"Great! Come on, let's go!" James replied dragging her over to the stand where this time, a teenage boy was standing.

"Hello there! What can I get you, mate?" the boy asked as he smiled friendlily at James.

"We'll have two butterbeers, a scoop of fizzing whizzes, two licorice wands, an acid pop, a packet of drooble's, a stack of cauldron cakes, and about four pumpkin pasties-- no, wait! Better make that five pasties." James ordered.

The boy looked at James as if he had suffered some type of injury to the head.

"Butter-who's? And Fizzing what's-its? Are you feeling alright mate?"

"You'll have to excuse him, he's foreign, they have different snacks where he comes from you see."

"Ah, an exchange student then?" the boy replied, a knowing look dawning on his face.

"so where are you from then, mate?" he asked looking at James who opened his mouth to reply before Lily cut in.

"He's from Bora-bora!"

"Right, well, just take a minute to look at what we have and let me know when you're ready." The boy replied, leaving James and Lily to go start up the popcorn machine once more.

Five minutes later, James and Lily were both carrying two trays of snacks including everything from two large buttered popcorns and fizzy drinks to gummy bears and M&M's.

"I can't believe you ordered and bought this much food, James." Lily stated as she lead him to a mid theater row and made her way toward the center.

"Well, you did say I could buy us anything I wanted."

"Yeah, but there's no way we're ever going to be able to eat all this and just because I said I liked chocolate malt balls and red vines licorice didn't mean you had to buy both of them."

"Of course it did. You wouldn't let me pay for the tickets so the least I could do was buy you the candies you like."

Lily could not think of a way to respond to that so instead she smiled slightly and looked around the theater. It was surprisingly empty, but they still had five minutes before the movie actually started.

"So, what is all this stuff?" James asked finally as he looked down at what he had purchased.

"Well, those are licorice whips-- they're kind of like licorice wands I suppose." Lily explained. "Then you've got your regular jelly beans-- no dodgy flavors like the Bertie Bott's ones, gummy bears which are kind of fruity flavored I guesss, snacked sized mars bars, M&M's, and chocolate malt balls which are all basically some forms of chocolate. Um, peanuts, obviously," Lily pointed out. "And then there's the fizzy drinks which is basically what we drink in the muggle world instead of butterbeer, and of course what every movie wouldn't be complete without, the buttered popcorn."

"Okay, I think I got all that." James replied, looking at everything.

He picked up the cup with the fizzy drink inside and examined it before finally taking a sip.
"Is it supposed to be this…bubbly?" James asked choking slightly.

"You mean carbonated? Yeah, that's the general idea." Lily smiled thwacking him on the back a couple of times so he wouldn't really choke.

"Not as good as butterbeer of course, but it isn't bad either." James decided as he proceeded to try everything else he had bought. After he had tried at least one of everything, James discovered that he preferred licorice wands to the red licorice whips but that jelly beans were much safer to digest than Bertie Bott's beans. He had also developed quite a liking for popcorn.

"Hey, slow down there tiger." Lily teased as she watched James scarf down handfuls of popcorn.

"Why?" James asked through his full mouth. "The guy at the concession stand said we get a free refill on each bag."

"Oh, running out of popcorn is most likely inevitable since you bought like four bags." Lily laughed. "What I meant was slow down or you'll choke."

"Aww, you do care, Lily." James proclaimed. "And here I thought I was actually beginning to believe your constant hopes that I would choke on my morning cereal one day were real."

"Hey, I just don't want you to be the reason why I'll finally get the chance to put my Heimlich maneuver certification class to use."

James swallowed some more popcorn. "Heimlich maneuver?"

"It's this-- oh never mind." Lily started.

James nodded and took another sip of his drink.

"So, 'The Wizard of Oz' is what we're watching? What's it about?"

"Yeah, it was my favourite movie when I was little, watched it so many times, I inadvertently memorized all the lines." Lily replied vaguely.

"Well, if it was your favorite, then it must be good." James said smiling as the lights began to dim and the scarlet curtain in front of them was drawn back to reveal a very large screen that began to light up.

"Well, we'll see what you say after the movie." Lily answered smiling back before turning to look at the screen.

James watched Lily's profile out of the corner of his eye, illuminated by the brightness of the screen. For a moment, he was content to just watch her and completely ignore the movie that was about to start, but then, a large lion's head appeared in the center of a hoop and emitted a loud roar. The starting credits began to roll and music began playing all around him as James looked up at the big screen completely in awe of what he was seeing and experiencing for the first time.

"But it wasn't a dream, it was a real live place! And I remember that some of it wasn't very nice, but most of it was beautiful! And just the same, all I kept saying to everyone was 'I wanna go home.'-- And they sent me home."

The character named Uncle Henry chuckled on the screen as Dorothy retold the tale of her journey to the Land of Oz. James' eyes were glued to the screen, now only half munching on his popcorn.

"…Oh, but anyway, Toto, Toto, we're home! Home…and this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again-- because I love you all, and…Oh, Auntie Em, there's no place like home!"

The girl named Dorothy smiled widely as she clutched onto her dog and the scene faded into one of a cloudy sky as the ending musical score began to play and the words 'The End' appeared on the screen in bold white letters.

Lily sighed smiling as the song 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' began to play and looked over at James who was still looking at the screen even as the curtains closed and the theater lights began to slowly turn on.

"Come on, James." Lily whispered touching his arm. "It's over."

James shook his head slightly and looked over at her before getting up and following her out of the theater.

"So, what'd you think?" Lily asked squinting up at a still glassy eyed James.

"Do all movies have that much singing and dancing in them?" James asked finally.

Lily laughed. "No, there are different types. 'The Wizard of Oz' is called a musical."

"Oh, what other types are there?"

"Well, there's comedic movies, romance, science fiction, action, horror." Lily listed off.

"Wait, there are action movies? Those sound interesting." James replied.

"Typical." Lily laughed rolling her eyes.

James looked at her about to respond before she cut him off.

"No! It's not bad, it's just that most guys do like those types of movies that's all."

James nodded. "Well, I liked the one we just saw." he mused.

"Really?" Lily asked surprised.

"Sure, I mean, it was brilliant the way they made it so all of a sudden everything was in color once she landed in Munchkin Land and I quite liked that scarecrow character, he was amusing, but those flying monkeys, now those were creepy. I wouldn't fancy coming across a heard of those." James replied.

"No, that would be awful." Lily agreed. "But I'm glad you liked it."

The movie had amused James, that had not been a lie, but he secretly thought of telling Lily that he would have liked the movie even if it had been a complete dudder simply because he had gone to see it with her, but thought it best not to.

"Hey," Lily suddenly said abruptly pulling out some coins from her pocket. "Do you have any spare change left? We could take the trolley home."

"Yeah, I think so." James replied pulling out some coins from his pocket and holding them out to Lily.

Lily showed him what each coin was worth and then picked out the correct amount for him.

"Awesome, okay, lets go. The trolley'll drop us off really close to the house." She said leading him about a block back down the street and back to the old train depot.

She stopped in front of a tall poll that was situated right next to a small wooden bench.

"So, what exactly is a trolley?" James asked, knowing she couldn't possibly be talking about the trolleys they used at King's Cross to take their luggage to the Hogwarts Express.

Lily turned around and smiled.

"That's a trolley." She pointed to a large vehicle coming down the road that stopped right in front of James.

"Well, sonny, are yeh gettin' on er aint-cha?" a rather large man wearing a cap and a uniform that was pinstriped navy blue and white asked James from behind the wheel in a thick accent.

"We're, getting on." Lily replied friendlily as she linked arms with James and lead him up the steps.

Lily deposited the coins into a box like object next to the driver who in turn, gave her a slip of paper. James did the same and then turned to find Lily who had already found a seat half way down the bus.

"Over here, James" Lily replied waving a hand.

James began to walk toward her but not having expected the trolley to start moving, he teetered on the balls of his feet for a moment before finally getting used to the movement of the trolley and reaching the seat Lily had saved for him.

"It's kind of like the Knight Bus" James replied. "Only not as tall."

"Oh, I've never been on the Knight Bus, but Erica Engstrom, you know from Ravenclaw? She was telling me about it once in Potions."

James and Lily talked until the trolley finally rounded the corner and stopped across from their homes and Lily motioned for James to follow her out.

"My mum made some fresh iced tea this morning, do you wanna come in and have a glass?" Lily asked as she crossed the street.

"Sure, that sounds great--" James stalled, noticing that Lily had stopped walking and was standing at the edge of the sidewalk looking at her front porch.

Standing there was a girl who was tall and thin with her hands on her hips and her foot tapping impatiently. She had a slightly abnormally large neck which all the more made her resemble a giraffe. Her bony face was framed by blond hair that was done up in large curls and her eyes were a pale blue. There was nothing extremely gorgeous about the girl's appearance in James' opinion but he thought that although she was what most would call a 'Plain Jane,' she'd look a lot nicer if she wasn't wearing a scowl that looked as though it was a semi-permanent feature on her face.

"Oh fucking hell." Lily swore. "You have got to be kidding me."

James raised an eyebrow at Lily's use of words but she didn't notice because she was still looking at the girl who was standing on her front porch.

"Another former grammar school mate?" James questioned Lily.

Lily looked at him as if surprised he was standing next to her.

"Worse." Lily replied through gritted teeth. "My sister. James, I'm sorry but I think you'd better go, I'll see you later." Lily said as she neared the end of the porch.

"This is so typical of you, Lily Marie. Taking your sweet time getting home and not considering that other people have to wait for you to get back." The blonde haired girl spoke as Lily neared.

"Is that the way you welcome your only sister home?" Lily laughed cynically. "And here I thought you were beginning to miss me or something. Seriously though, hasn't anyone ever told you that if you want someone to be home at a certain hour you're supposed to tell them so, Petunia Anne?" Lily retorted, putting emphasis on her sister's middle name.

"Wait? Your sister?! But you don't--- I mean, she doesn't--"

"James, I thought I told you go." Lily replied.

"But, Lily. I don't understand." James replied looking slightly put out.

"You don't have to just go! I mean it James." Lily replied more forcefully.

"And who's he? Your--"

"He's none of your concern, so never you mind" Lily snapped.

Petunia opened her mouth to retort back but Lily cut her off.

"Well, come on Petty dear, I thought you implied I was late for something-- must not be that important if your wasting your time dawdling with your mouth hung open like that on the porch." Lily said as she sprinted up the front steps and made to open the front door.

"Well, come on missy, chop, chop before you make us even more late!" Lily added as she made to move inside the house.

"Now wait one second you." Petunia said in a deadly whisper that in no way intimidated Lily as she grabbed hold of her sister's arm roughly. "I'm warning you, there are some very important people in there and I don't want any-- any funny business from you. I know you can't help being a freak, but at least do everyone a favor and try to be as normal as you can for once in your life." Petunia warned as she thrust Lily's arm away and entered the house with her nose stuck high in the air.

Lily huffed and balled her fists at her side, closing her eyes tightly to prevent herself from screaming in rage.

The shutters on the window to her right rattled noisily as they sometimes did when there was a strong breeze in the air. But there was no breeze today and as Lily watched one of the screws that was holding the window screen in place, she willed herself to calm down. The last thing she needed was to have the Ministry send someone over from the accidental magic reversal squad because she couldn't control her temper and therefore her unintentional wandless magic.

And so, with one final deep breath, Lily entered her home to see who was over that had Petunia so worked up about them finding out that Lily did not attend a normal boarding school in the Scotland country side as her family had made everyone believe for the past six years.

A/N:

So, anyone know who's over the Evans' house? Cookies to whoever guesses first.

Well, I guess now would be a good time to say that I'm so, so, so sorry that I haven't updated in 6 months-- almost sorry and ashamed enough to never show my face or my writing here again, but I can't do that seeing as I know many of you are dying to see how this story ends. Anyway, although there's no excuse for my not updating in forever and a day, I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who is still going to continue to read this story even after months of no updates. I know I tell you all this a lot but honestly, just knowing that you all read my story and review makes my days all the more better and motivates me to write like you wouldn't believe even if it's just for a few minutes out of my day.

Anyway, thank you to everyone for reading and keeping with this story and hopefully I will never take six months to update ever again. I have chapter 6 planned out, by the way at least up to about half way so hopefully that will be out soon.

Take care all and please, please all of you REVIEW if you want me to stay a happy writer.

Oh and by the way, I have created a live journal account where I will be talking about my so-called life and more importantly to you all, how the story's going so far so check it out, I absolutely love talking to new people so feel free to drop me a line or friend me there.

My username is luminous_star87