Unofficial Portkey Archive

Kingdom of Slytherin by Anime Redneck
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Kingdom of Slytherin

Anime Redneck

Chapter 1

Lord Bane

6 years ago

Ten year old Harry Potter panted heavily as he raised his wooden sword to a guard position. His father stood across from him in the back yard of the home in Godric's Hollow, his own wooden sword held lazily in his hand.

"You are a direct descendent of Godric Gryffindor Harry, you must show no fear." James said as he lunged forward and knocked Harry off his feet sending his sword tumbling through the air landing a few feet from him.

"I'm not afraid." Harry growled as he rolled away from his fathers' next attack. In one motion Harry grabbed his sword and spun around to block another strike from his father.

"Not bad son." James smirked before he renewed his attack. "Gryffindor's believe in courage above all." A loud crack rang out as Harry blocked another strike. "Gryffindor's never betray their own." James growled as another strike forced Harry back. "Gryffindor's never retreat." *CRACK* "We are the soldiers on the front line of whatever battle we find ourselves in." *CRACK* "Gryffindor's never surrender." With a fierce blow James got thru Harry's defenses knocking him to the ground once more. "A Gryffindor's first duty is to protect those he cares most about. Can you do this Harry? Are you ready for the responsibility? Could you give everything you have to protect your Mother or Hermione if they were in danger?" James asked. Harry pondered these questions for a moment. The thought of his best friend Hermione in any danger only strengthened his resolve.

"I can." Harry said as he stood and raised his sword once more.

"Prove it. Prove you're not just a waste of space." James taunted. Harry braced himself as his father rushed him sending a flurry of blows his way. "Don't spend all your time defending Harry, attack!" Harry tried to keep up with his father, but a blow came his defenses again, and he was struck on the thigh, arm, and chest in quick succession. James sighed as he watched Harry fall on his back and groan in pain. "You are not ready for what lies ahead of you." James said as he turned and headed for the house. Then he paused and called over his shoulder. "Tomorrow I'm sending Hermione to an orphanage. She doesn't belong here."

"NO!" Harry shouted and jumped his feet. Magic energy coursed through his vein with such force he thought he might burst. An emerald green aura appeared around Harry as he instinctively channeled the energy into his hands and feet. With a cry Harry dashed forward kicking up a dust trail in his wake. James barley managed to raise his sword and block Harry's attacks. Quickly James ducked and swiped at Harry's legs, but Harry immediately jumped and flipped over his fathers head. Harry landed and put all of his strength into one attack and swung with all his might. The tip of the wooden sword dragged across the ground before moving upward to fast for James to follow. The blow stuck James across the face sending his glasses flying. Time stood still for a moment before James glared at Harry and swung his sword. The magical force behind the swing knocked Harry to the ground hard, even though the sword had never touched him. James breathed deeply and calmed himself. Wordlessly his summoned his glasses and walked over to his son. Harry looked up and saw his father with a kind smile on his face as he held his hand out to help Harry up.

"Good job son, we just might make something of you yet." James said as he pulled Harry up.

"Dad your not really gonna send Hermione away are you?" Harry asked worriedly.

"No son. Not today. You have a strong courageous heart Harry. Now I can begin to teach you the lessons you will need to get by in school next year." James said as he knelt in front of Harry. "Hogwarts is not the same place your mother and I went to Harry, but what I teach you will help you to not lose yourself in Hogwarts. Remember Harry: Honor, Loyalty, and Courage."

"I won't let you down dad."

"I know son. Now come on let's get something to eat I'm starving." James smiled as he led Harry back into the house.

Present day

Voldemort and his Death Eaters stood in assembly in the Staff room of Hogwarts. It was decorated in Black and Green banners across the walls. The dark mark floated above their heads. Voldemort tapped his fingers impatiently on his throne.

"He's late again." Voldemort mused. Just then the doors flew open and a robed figure walked in. His face was hidden by his hood.

"It's about time Potter! You know better than to -ACK!" Snape shouted before he began to choke as the air was literally sucked from his lungs. The other Death Eaters visibly stiffened as Snape fell to his knees grasping at his throat trying to breathe.

"What did you call me Snivellus? I'm sure I must have misheard you." A quiet voice spoke from under the hood.

"M-My apologies Lord Bane." Snape gasped as the hold on him was released.

"What is with the glamour my apprentice?" Voldemort asked gesturing to James' face. "Don't hide your true face; it's nothing to be ashamed of."

James pulled back his hood and removed his glasses. As he did red slashes appeared to slither across his face before settling on the left half and turning black. His eyes also changed to a vicious yellow.

"Much better." Voldemort hissed as James came to stand by his side with his arms crossed. "Now let us get down to business, Dumbledore's brother Aberforth has been discovered in disguise in hogsmeade. He must be dealt with immediately. I grow tired of the antics of the resistance."

"Might I suggest my lord that we send two Slytherein students to deal with him? They have been getting rather anxious to get a true test of their skill." Snape offered calmly.

"And which two should we send?" Voldemort asked curiously. Snape was about to respond when Lucius Malfoy beat him to it.

"Why don't we send Lord Bane's son and his friend the Weasley?" Malfoy said with a scowl.

"Trying to remove the competition from your son's path Lucius?" Voldemort hissed. "Aberforth is a formidable opponent. I called this meeting because he requires the attention of a senior Death Eater to deal with him."

"My son will not lose. Send him my master, you will not be disappointed." James replied coldly while staring at Malfoy.

"Very well, if he fails then the task shall fall to you Lord Bane. I shall be impressive if he even survives." Voldemort chuckled. With a wave of his hand the assembled Death Eaters began to leave the room James was about to leave when Voldemort called after him. "Not so fast my apprentice, come walk with me." Voldemort hissed as he exited through the back door.

"What do you require of me my master?" James said as he fell into step beside Voldemort.

"Are you certain you wish to send young Harry against Aberforth?" Voldemort asked.

"It is as I said my lord. My son will not fail you." James growled.

"Yet I sense that you are disturbed." Voldemort said while glancing at James. "I wonder if you are more worried than you say. After all, it would be a shame if Harry were unable to fulfill his role in my plans." Voldemort hissed.

"You need not fear my master. He will fulfill the plans that have been set for him." James said with narrowed eyes.

"Excellent, our alliance with Durmstrang is secured; soon their representative will arrive here with a contingent of their advanced students. They, alongside young Harry, and the Slytherein's shall launch an attack against Beuxbatons. With a little luck we should have the French school under our control within a month." Voldemort chuckled.

"Yes, my master. If you will excuse me, I must see my wife before the quidditch match today." James said with a bow.

"Yes of course, go see your beautiful wife, and be sure to send your son to me tomorrow so that I can give him his orders regarding Aberforth." Voldemort said as he walked away, not noticing the dark grin that passed over James' face for a moment.

***

At that moment Harry and Hermione were leaving Snape's Dark Arts class. As the exited the classroom Harry spotted Ron heading towards them.

"Hermione, why don't you go find my mum so you two can sit together. I'm sure dad won't be there again." Harry said softly.

"Harry I wish you wouldn't play quidditch, it's far too dangerous." Hermione replied, worry evident in her voice.

"Don't worry Mione, it's just quidditch, nobody's died in like three months." Harry said seriously.

"Just promise me you'll be careful." Hermione whispered. Her gaze directed at her feet. She unconsciously clenched the pendant of a lion and sword that hung around her neck. It was the crest of the Potter family. Harry had given it to Hermione in an attempt to ward off any students who might try to attack her since she was muggleborn. Since the pendant signified that Hermione was the "Property" of Lord Bane's family it was usually enough to grant her plenty of protection from the students. As for when it didn't, well there was a reason that Harry was considered rumored to be the best of all 25 Slytherein's. Even though the pendants only purpose was to protect Hermione at school, Harry wasn't sure he'd ever seen her take it off since he gave it to her in second year.

"I promise I'll be careful ok?" Harry whispered as he stepped closer to Hermione so their faces were only inches apart. "Meet me outside the locker room after the match; we'll sneak out to hogsmeade for breakfast ok?"

"Ok. Good luck Harry." Hermione smiled before she headed off. Just as she left Ron came up behind Harry.

"You don't have feelings for that pet of yours do you Harry?" Ron asked suspiciously. Harry's body tensed for only an instant.

"Don't be ridiculous Ron. She's just a mudblood." Harry growled, angrier at himself for what he had to say then at Ron for asking the question. According to an old school rumor only one student had ever called Harry's mother mudblood. That student had been ordered to a private audience with Lord Bane and was never seen again. "Now come on, we have to get ready for the match today. Who are we playing again?"

"Malfoy's team." Ron answered as he and Harry began walking.

"What are they calling themselves this year?"

"The Hand of Judgment."

"How dramatic." Harry relied dryly.

Harry and Ron reached the locker rooms and began to get their armor on for the match. Ron and the two beaters were decked out in full steel plate armor. The three chasers in lighter chain mail armor, and Harry wearing even lighter dragon hide pads. Everyone wore a miniature shield on one arm that could expand to full size on command. Everyone also had an extendable lance on their backs. Harry placed his wand in a shoulder holster while the two beaters checked their heavy maces. Once everyone was ready Harry walked up along the bench eyeing his team.

"Okay everyone, just another walk in the park, we've played plenty of matches and haven't lost yet-"Harry suddenly paused as he say Ginny smiling hungrily at him. "It's game time Ginny, get your mind in the killing mode."

"I am in the killing mode Harry." Ginny replied seductively.

"Then why are you smiling?" Harry asked impatiently.

"Because it tickles." Ginny replied still smiling at Harry.

"You need to be fixed." Harry muttered as he walked past her. He was getting sick and tired of her advances on him.

"You know you want me Harry." Ginny called out to him.

"Yeah, in bizarro world." Harry replied sarcastically.

"Why do you have to be so delusional?" Ginny snapped.

"It's better than the alternative." Harry shot back. "Come on everyone, time to mount up." Harry and the rest of the team walked out to the stables at the edge of the pitch where their Hippogriffs were waiting for them wearing armor similar to their riders. Harry walked up to his and bowed graciously. The hippogriff likewise bowed it's head and Harry grinned as he walked up and petted the hippogriff. "Hey Buckbeak, ready to have some fun?"

Next Chapter:

Quidditch: Slytherein Style