Unofficial Portkey Archive

Kingdom of Slytherin by Anime Redneck
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Kingdom of Slytherin

Anime Redneck

Chapter 2

The Spell Blade

A/N: No animals were harmed in the writing of this chapter.

"Hey beautiful," James said as he entered their high balcony from their bedchamber.

"You want something," Lily responded not looking back as she continued to brush her hair.

"Whatever gave you that thought?" James asked as he walked up and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You're kissing my ass," his wife smiled coyly as leaned into her.

"Not yet, my dear, at the moment I'm kissing the back of your ear," he whispered as he did just that.

"Don't try to distract me, it won't work. What's wrong?" she asked pinching the back of his left hand. After a moment of strained silence, her husband finally answered.

"I'm a monster, Lily," he said in a strained voice, which caused Lily's heart to break. "Don't try to deny it; the damned mark on my arm broadcasts it to myself and the whole God-forsaken world."

"James …" Lily said turning to face him.

"How am I supposed to teach Harry to do the right thing when I don't even do it myself?" He asked, looking away from her.

"Right or wrong you're doing what you have to do to survive," Lily pulling him to her, "what you have to do so our family can survive. People like Riddle can't rule forever. Someday someone will take him down and then we can finally be able to worry about what's right and wrong. Let's just worry about getting there for right now, ok?"

"Do you ever get tired of being right all the time?" James chuckled into his wife's shoulder.

"No, it's quite an enjoyable sensation, you should try it sometime," Lily grinned cheekily. "And don't worry, someday this will be over, and we'll be enjoying some green eyed bushy haired grandbabies."

"You think … I always had Harry pegged for Arthur and Molly's youngest," James mused, "You do know Genera's the first Weasley female in generations."

Lily pulled away and glared. "That little spoiled thing? I don't think so. You just like her because she's a redhead, not every male is attracted to that. I think Harry likes books and cleverness …"

"Personally, I just want him to be happy," James said and the couple fell into silence for a few moments.

"For once, husband of mine …" Lily smiled, "We agree. Now, why don't you join Hermione and me for a Quidditch match?"

***

Harry and the rest of the team donned dark red robes over their armor, and stood next to their mounts waiting patiently for the gate to the quidditch pitch to open. Outside one could here the roar of the crowd. Harry looked out of a slit in the gate and saw that the sun had set. A dull red glow filled the entry ramp. Dimly Harry could here the sound of hundreds of magical lamps being lit.

"Mount up boys and girls, Game time."

***

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the final quidditch match of the season. Introducing first, your defending Hogwarts champions, led by Harry Potter, THE MAURADERS!!!" The crowd roared as the gate opened and Harry's team took flight. Harry was the last one out as the team began a lap of the pitch showing off for the crowd as they passed. Harry landed on Voldemorts personal box holding the quidditch cup in one arm. Harry gracefully knelt and placed the cup upon a pedestal. Voldemort smiled and nodded his head. Harry immediately returned to his hippogriff and took to the air.

The rules to a season of quidditch in England were now far different from the rest of the world. Now the best team was named the champion. From then on any team could challenge for the championship in a single match. Though it was only October, Malfoys' was the last team to challenge Harry's. Unless Malfoy won it was unlikely anyone else would challenge this year.

"And now introducing their challengers, led by Draco Malfoy, THE HAND OF JUDGMENT!!!" Malfoy's team burst out of the gate, wearing dark black and silver robes and riding thestrals. Harry noticed a few thestrals had blades attached to their hooves. In another time and place this may have been a cause for concern from Harry. Here and now, however, Harry's only thought was how long Malfoy's team would last. Well that and how long it would take to calm his mother and Hermione down after the match. If Harry's father hadn't been so adamant about Harry playing he was certain his mum wouldn't allow him to.

*Flashback*

"So Severus, you have finally decided to sponsor a quidditch team." Voldemort hissed from his throne. "And you think that young Potter here will be a suitable captain? I will admit he is gifted to have become a Slytherein at his age. I was surprised to see you accept him as your personal apprentice."

"I believe he will be the best." Snape countered with a glance over his shoulder at the eleven year old boy standing behind him.

"This is ridiculous my lord." Lucius Malfoy spat. "Quidditch is meant to be an exercise for only the most tenacious and ruthless students in Hogwarts. Potter doesn't have the stomach for this. What position could he even play?"

"He will be a seeker. He has already chosen." Snape answered calmly. Voldemort smirked at this.

"Seeker? Surely you jest. No one chooses to be a seeker anymore. Not if they're sane." Malfoy scoffed.

"You don't really think the son of Lord Bane average do you?" Snape drawled as he stared at Malfoy. "Perhaps a test is in order then?" Snape took a knut out of his pocket and tossed it to Harry. "Flick the coin in the air and catch it." Snape commanded. Harry obediently did so catching the coin with ease.

"You don't really think that will suffice do you Severus?" Voldemort hissed. Snape sneered and with a wave of his wand four coins appeared poised on each of Harry's hands. Just then the doors opened and a cloaked figure stepped in.

"What is going on here." James asked surveying the scene before him.

"You're just in time for the fun Lord Bane." Bellatrix laughed. "If the ickle baby here can catch all those coins then the Dark Lord is going to make him the youngest seeker in a century." Bellatrix's laughter was cut short as James glared at her and she visibly swallowed.

"Make it ten." James said softly. Snape hesitated for a moment before waving his wand adding a coin to each side making five in each hand for a total of ten. "No. Make it ten on each hand." James said as he came to stand in front of Harry next to Snape. Behind him Voldemort chuckled. Snape once more waved his wand increasing the coins to ten on each hand. "Do not fail." James growled as he crossed his arms.

Harry nodded. He bent slightly at the knees, his eyes half closed, he took a deep breathe and flicked the coins into the air. Like a pair of coiled vipers Harry's hands shot out immediately catching eight coins. Time seemed to slow and Harry realized the coins were to far spread out. Spinning tightly in place, Harry's hands seemed to shoot out in all directions before he ended in a kneeling position facing Voldemort. Slowly he brought his hands forward and opened them revealing twenty coins. Harry opened his eyes and looked directly at Voldemort.

"Will that suffice my Lord?" The only answer was Voldemort echoing laughter.

*End flashback*

The teams landed in position around the center of the pitch. Professor Pettigrew stepped out onto the field. With a flick of his wand the two bludgers and the golden snitch were released from the chest, hesitantly he reached out and picked up the quaffle. The hippogriffs crouched down like a lion ready to pounce. The thestrals stomped their feet and snorted. With a cry Pettigrew tossed the quaffle into the air and ran as fast as he could from the pitch. In an instant the teams flew into action. Ginny and a hand chaser reached the quaffle at the same time. Hippogriff and thestral met in a clash of tooth and claw. As quickly as it began it ended with Ginny flying away with the quaffle. Immediately she was flanked by her fellow chasers as they charged toward the goal. With the other two guarding her Ginny quickly scored. 10-0 Marauders.

The hand chasers quickly regrouped and raced across the pitch tossing the quaffle back and forth between them. They were halfway across when a bludger flew right between them breaking the formation. The marauder chasers quickly seized the opening and tackled the hand chasers sending them scrambling and losing the quaffle. A marauder chaser quickly passed to Ginny who scored easily once again. 20-0 Marauders.

A hand chaser quickly grabbed the quaffle and soared through the air. A marauder quickly caught up to him before he was tackled by another hand chaser. The chaser with the quaffle hurled it at the hoop, but Ron made a spectacular catch. He immediately passed the quaffle to a chaser who made it halfway across the pitch before a panel disappeared from the wall on the stands and several darts fired out of the wall. The chaser quickly rolled out of the way but dropped the quaffle. Almost instantly a hand chaser swooped in and swung her broom like a bat sending the quaffle flying where Ron barely missed it. 20-10 Marauders.

Ginny grabbed the quaffle and rushed across the field. She was just about in range for a shot when a Hand chaser came at her with his lance extended. Ginny barely had time to raise her arm as her shield magically expanded and blocked the attack. The force of the blow however, cause her to drop the quaffle. Ginny quickly gave chase as a hand chaser caught the quaffle. The two raced across the edge of the pitch, Ginny just barley behind. Suddenly a jet of fire rushed out from another panel on the stands. The hand chaser ducked down and barley passed below the flames. Ginny tried to bank to the side but ended up burning the wing of her hippogriff. She swore as she heard the bell sound signaling another goal. 20-20 Tied.

The marauder chasers grabbed the quaffle and began their run toward the goal, but Ginny was unable to keep up and as she fell behind one chaser was stuck with a bludger that knocked her off her hippogriff leaving the chaser with the quaffle on his own. Without hesitation the three hand chasers attacked the lone marauder stripping the quaffle away and forcing him to the ground. By the time all three chasers were back in the air, the hand chasers had scored three times. 50-20 Hand of Judgment.

The two enemy beaters closed in on the weakened marauder chasers preparing to take them out of the game. Their grins faded when a shadow formed over their heads. They looked up just in time to see Harry dive in from above like a bullet. Buckbeak flared his wings at the last second raking his claws across the outstretched wings of the beaters thestrals sending both careening toward the ground vainly trying to stay in the air. Harry raced toward his chasers intent on rallying them back in the game. Harry didn't get far before a hand chaser slammed into him pushing him toward the bleachers. Harry looked up and saw Malfoy dive toward him with his lance out. Harry never had time to react before the lance slammed into his shoulder. The lance shattered under the force of the impact and Harry was sent flying off buckbeak where he crashed into the bleachers.

***

"HARRY!!!" Hermione and Lily screamed in unison as they watched Harry fall and hit the bleachers across from them. Nervously they waited with held breathe for any sign that Harry was okay. James sat beside them calmly eating some popcorn as he began to count in his head.

*Ten*

*Nine*

***

Harry groaned as he pulled himself up to a sitting position. His shoulder hung at an odd angle evident that it was dislocated.

"Alright then, you wanna play nice, we'll play nice." Harry growled before slamming his shoulder into a bench. With a loud pop that made more than one wizard nearby faint, Harry popped shoulder back into place. "You wanna play rough, then let's play rough." Harry ran toward the end of the bleachers and whistled as he leaped over.

***

*Two*

*One*

James finished counting just as Harry leaped off the stands. He was in the air for only a moment before Buckbeak soared beneath him catching Harry on his back. James smirked as Harry raced back across the pitch. Beside him Lily and Hermione breathed a sigh of relief.

***

Harry swooped across the field toward Ron. Harry had Buckbeak perch on top of the goal next to him as they watched the game begin to get even more intense on the other side.

"I thought the traps on the pitch were supposed to be randomized" Ron called out.

"They are." Harry replied, but he and Ron had both noticed that Malfoy and his team seemed to know where all the traps were.

"What are we gonna do Harry? Malfoy's got the whole team cornered over there." Ron said as a collective groan came from the crowd. A marauder chaser had been hit hard and knocked off her hippogriff. Fortunatley all quidditch mounts were trained to catch their riders.

"I think it's time we got both involved Ron." Harry said as he took flight. Ron nodded and quickly followed slightly behind and to Harry's right.

Halfway to the rest of their team Harry noticed a shimmering light down on the ground underneath the hand goals. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." Harry whispered as the forms of two catapults appeared. With a pop the boulders magically appeared in the catapults and were launched in the air. Harry barely had time to shout a warning as he and Ron rolled to the side narrowly avoiding the boulders.

"Did you see that Harry!?!" Ron shouted behind him.

"They're throwing boulders at us Ron, how would I not see that?" Harry snapped.

Harry and Ron dodged another boulder before they reached both teams. Ron rushed in expanding his shield before he slammed it into the face of one hand chaser before executing a roll that allowed him to hit another chaser that was below him. Harry swore he saw a tooth fly after the second hit. Harry meanwhile Harry extended his lance and hurled it like a spear pinning the last hand chaser to the wall by his robes.

"Regroup, defensive formations!" Harry shouted as he watched both teams beaters engage each other in the air above him.

***

Voldemort watched the fierce match with barley contained glee. "Time to raise the stakes." He whispered. Almost absently he reached out and touched a glowing blue skull lying on a small table next to him. Immediately a blue energy field surrounded the pitch separating the playing field from the stands. In the center of the field a large trap door swung open and a terrifying roar preceded the creature's escape from within. Some in the crowd cheered and some screamed as the Hungarian Horntail shot out of the underground cage flying towards the players.

***

"Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better." Harry muttered.

Harry saw the dragon soar across the pitch breathing fire at the players as they scrambled to avoid it. Finally it settled on the hand chaser that was still pinned to the wall by Harry's lance. Without hesitating the dragon bit down on the boys leg tossing him in the air before swallowing him with one bite. Next, the dragon set his sights on one of the marauder chasers. Harry never hesitated as he flew around the dragon. Buckbeak rolled and flew underneath the dragon raking his claws along the dragons' underside. Though it failed to do any real damage it succeeded in drawing the dragons' attention. Harry flew pushing Buckbeak as fast as he could, the dragon hot on his tail. The instant before the dragon could close his jaws around Harry and Buckbeak Harry dived to the side. Harry felt the air rush as the jaws passed by him and heard the crash when the dragon slammed into the protective barrier.

Harry looked back at the dragon and noticed Malfoy go into a steep dive not far from him. Harry narrowed his eyes and saw a familiar flicker of gold on the other end of the pitch. The only problem was the dragon was still between Harry and the snitch. Clenching his jaw Harry spurred Buckbeak forward straight at the dragon. At the last moment Harry jumped off and Buckbeak went into a steep dive avoiding the dragons' jaws. Harry landed on the dragons back and sprinted across it leaping off the end. The sharp end of the tail passed a hairs breath away from Harry's face as he dove and landed on Buckbeaks back. With wings tucked and Harry ducked down as low as he could the pair dived at a fearsome speed quickly gaining on Malfoy. With uncanny grace Harry slipped past Malfoy at the bottom of the dive and with a flick of the reins Buckbeak rolled upside down placing Harry barely a foot off the ground as Harry reached out and plucked the snitch out of the air. Final: 170-50 Marauders.

***

"Honestly Harry, I have no idea how we made it out of that one." Ron said as he and Harry walked out of the locker room after removing their gear and getting a much needed shower.

"Sometimes it's best not to think about it Ron." Harry replied.

"I'm just saying Harry; don't you ever wonder how the hell we make it through these life and death situations without a scratch on us?"

"Nope. And what do you mean without a scratch on us? My arms gonna be killing me for a week." Harry muttered as he rubbed his shoulder. A large bruise was already turning purple. Harry looked out across the field and saw a pretty blonde wearing very tight robes walking towards them. "Don't look now Ron, but here comes your biggest fan."

"Shut it Harry." Ron snapped just before the girl reached them. "Hey Luna."

"Hello Ronald." Luna said huskily. "You may be interested to know that I may have discovered a new diet that will allow your hippogriffs to fly faster. I might be willing to share my discovery with you if you'd be willing to help me with my… experiments." Luna said as she began to trace Ron's jaw with her finger.

"I think we can work something out." Ron said with a grin.

Harry just shook his head and continued on his way knowing that his friend had completely forgotten about him for the moment. He was halfway back to the castle when he saw a tall hooded figure standing in the shadows apparently waiting for him.

"Father." Harry greeted cordially. "You came to the game today, I was surprised."

"I had some free time." Bane replied emotionlessly. "How does it feel being responsible for the death of a player?" Harry felt his insides freeze at the implication.

"That wasn't my fault!" Harry snapped. "It's not like I was controlling the dragon."

"It was you who left him helplessly pinned to the wall." Bane smirked, his face hidden in shadow.

"He wasn't my responsibility. I had more important things to worry about then the welfare of some random player." Harry shot back, trying to convince himself as much as his father.

"Of course." Bane replied consolingly. "After all, what is the life of one player against winning the game?" Bane placed a finger in his chin as though he were deep in thought. "I wonder what Hermione thinks of you now?" Harry growled and reached for his wand. With a flicker of movement Harry found his father standing in front of him holding Harry's wand wrist in one hand and his other hand gripping Harry's throat. "Don't get ahead of yourself boy. You're not ready to face me. Not yet." Bane shoved Harry back a few steps. "Voldemort requests your presence in the morning." Harry rubbed his wrist as he watched his father walk away.

***

Hermione waited patiently at the entrance doors for Harry. Absentmindedly wondering what could be taking him so long. She never heard the footsteps of the person sneaking up behind her. Without warning Hermione felt something strike her in the back sending her to the ground.

"Now that's more like it." Sneered Draco. "A mudblood's proper place is on her knees in front of a pureblood." Hermione jumped back to her feet quickly moved back trying to create distance between her and Draco.

"Leave me alone." Hermione muttered as she instinctively clutched the pendant around her neck. Draco laughed as Crabbe and Goyle came up behind him.

"You think you can order me around mudblood? CRUCIO!"

Draco flicked his wand, and Hermione cried out in pain as the curse hit her knocking her on her back. Draco released the curse and Hermione began to desperately crawl backwards. Several people had now gathered around them eager to watch the spectacle. Hermione knew better than to expect help from any of them though.

"Now that we have an audience the fun can begin." Draco slowly advanced on her till he was standing directly over her. He leaned over to grab her and Hermione lashed out with her foot right between his legs. A second kick hit him square in the jaw. Hermione immediately leaped to her feet and ran. She only got a few feet before Draco summoned the pendant around her neck jerking her back to the ground. "You bitch." Draco snarled. "You're going to pay for that. I'm gonna…" Draco suddenly stopped. His eyes went wide as he noticed he could see his breath in the suddenly cold air. An icy wind ripped thru the gathered crowd chilling them to their bones.

"Draco Draco Draco." A calm yet icy voice called from the crowd. Draco unconsciously swallowed. Harry stepped forward from gathered mass lighting a cigarette. "We've talked about this Draco. Touching other peoples property is against the rules." Harry said as he took a drag from his cigarette. He stopped directly in front of Draco and blew a cloud of smoke in the slightly taller boy's face. "And it pisses me off."

"Don't think all this posturing frightens me Potter. I know all about your wind elemental abilities. Besides, we both know that the only rule that matters in this school is don't get caught." Malfoy spat.

"True, and yet here you stand in front of several eye witnesses." Harry said motioning to the crowd.

"As if one would-" Draco's reply was cut short as Harry drew his wand and slammed the hilt into the bottom of Malfoy's jaw.

"Don't interrupt me." Harry growled.

"When my father hears about this Potter." Draco coughed spitting blood from his mouth.

"Oh you want to play the father game huh? Fine Malfoy, how about I tell my father that you damaged something that belonged to him?" Harry grinned as Malfoy paled slightly. "Your father shudders at the very mention of my fathers name. So let's settle this between you and me okay?" Harry began to pace slightly in front of Malfoy. "Now what punishment shall suffice for this crime. I know how about you apologize to my servant that you attacked."

"How about I just kick your arse Potter." Malfoy snapped.

"A good offer, but here's my counter offer. Why don't I just kick the ever-lovin shit out of you?" Harry asked conversationally.

"In your dreams." Malfoy scoffed.

"Oh no, in reality. If I kick your ass then will you apologize?" Harry asked calmly.

"Fine." Malfoy spat.

"Okay let me double check my options here. Option A: you kick my ass. Option B: I kick your ass then you apologize. Hmmm I don't know I could use a good ass kicking." Harry said as he put one finger on his chin as if deep in thought. "I'm gonna go with option B." Harry said as he took another drag from his cigarette.

"Ten galleons on Potter." Someone in the crowd said.

"That's a good bet." Harry called out. He stretched his back out and popped his neck. "You know we've done this dance more times than I can count Malfoy. I believe I'll spice things up a bit and give these good people a demonstration of the true power of the Slytherein class." Harry said as he twirled his wand.

"Stupefy!" Malfoy shouted. A red jet of light soared out of his wand.

"Teras Kasi." There was a soft snap-hiss, and a vibrant emerald green energy blade manifested at the end of Harry's wand. The blade hummed as Harry swung it batting away Malfoy's spell. Harry grinned at Malfoy's horrified stare. "This ladies and gentlemen is called a spell blade." Harry said as slowly turned around speaking to the crowd. "The charm was invented by my father about ten years ago. It is capable of deflecting most spells, even a kedavra, and can cut thru nearly any material."

Malfoy snapped off three curses wordlessly. Harry's spell blade flashed around him batting away two curses and rebounding one back at Malfoy. Malfoy grunted as the bludgeoning charm hit him in the chest knocking him to the ground. Malfoy leaped back to his feet. Before he could fire another spell, Harry closed the distance slashing Malfoy across the arm. Malfoy screamed in pain and clutched the stump where his hand had been a moment ago. His hand still clutching his wand laid on the ground in front of him.

"I'LL KILL YOU FOR THIS POTTER!!! YOU AND THAT MUDBLOOG WHORE-ack!!!" Malfoy's scream was suddenly cut short as Harry wordlessly and wandlessly cast a constricting charm on Malfoy's throat strangling him.

"What did you say Malfoy? I'm certain I misheard you." Harry said, his voice infinitely cold.

Harry cautiously looked around at the assembled crowd, listening to the sound of Malfoy choking, before his eyes rested on Hermione. In an instant he saw a multitude of emotions play across her eyes, pleading Harry to stop. Harry closed his eyes and reached out with his free hand releasing his hold on Malfoy. "Class dismissed." Harry drew a large amount of air in around him. In a heart beat it condensed and with a thrust of his palm Harry released it sending Malfoy flying thru the open doors into the castle. Crabbe and Goyle chasing after him. Harry extinguished his spell blade and placed his wand back in his pocket as students began dispersing.

"Harry James Potter." A stern lovely voice snapped behind him.

"Oh god she said my whole name." Harry grimaced as he turned around and saw his mother standing not twenty feet from him with her arms crossed. Hermione was standing slightly behind her.

"Just what do you think you are doing smoking young man?"

"Hi mum." Harry said quietly while scratching the back of his head.