Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Party Thower: Back in Hogwarts by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Party Thower: Back in Hogwarts

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. JK Rowling does.

A/N: This is the end of the "Party Thrower" universe. Hope you liked these two fics as much as I enjoyed writing them! If you read, please leave a comment, it takes you few moments and makes me happy!

Chapter Five

"The End of The Story"

Ron patted her on the shoulders.

"I'm so sorry" he said soothingly.

Suddenly Nev, who had witnessed the scene, shouted.

"The broom!"

"What?" Ron said. Hermione looked up at them, wiping away the tears.

"Harry left his Firebolt to you, Ron!. She can try and reach him if she hurries" Neville said.

Hermione didn't need for him to say that twice. She stood up and started running. She knew where Harry kept it, and although she hated flying, this was an extreme case.

"Hermione!" Nev called after her.

"What?" she said, not turning.

"Good luck"

She stopped in her tracks, and turned to smile at them.

"Go now, and stop him!" Ron called.

She ran as fast as she could, his Firebolt in her hand, and as soon as she was out of the main gates, she took off, overcoming her fear of heights, and flew like mad trough the grounds.

She passed over grass and cut as much as she could the road she had to do. Finally she managed to see his form walking toward the village. She had to hurry, or he would Disapparate.

He was almost out of the grounds now, mere meters away from being able to leave her behind.

There was only one thing she could do.

She dived toward him at neck-breaking speed, and managed to crash herself just in front of him, her attempt at landing failed.

He stopped abruptly, as she got him from the thoughts he was lost into.

"Hermione! You hate flying! Are you trying to get yourself killed?" he said, walking toward her and picking her up from the ground.

She was sore, had some bruises, but nothing too serious.

"Harry, I'm so sorry" she said, tears starting to fall once again.

"Sorry for what?" he asked, hugging her.

"For being such a stupid girl. I should have let you explain"

"Probably you wouldn't have believed me all the same" he said, kissing the top of her head.

"Probably. However, I know the truth now. It's been Draco and his cronies, again"

"What?"

"He's sent that Fleur girl to try and seduce you, and then she twisted everything you did to make it look something romantic. Then he paid one photographer from the "Hogwarts Prophet" for taking pictures of the two of you"

"Bloody hell, the git doesn't ever grow, does he?" Harry said.

"I don't think so" she said, smiling. "But what's important is that we know the truth now, fortunately before it's too late"

"That's for sure. Now, I guess this means we are together again?"

"Only if you want to" she said sheepishly. "I mean, I know I don't deserve it, but…" she started saying but was cut off by his lips crashing on hers.

She eagerly kissed him back.

Then they lay there, in the middle of Hogwarts grounds gates, foreheads touching one on the other, holding each other close.

After some minutes, he spoke.

"Well, I guess I've got a reason to remain here, then. I better go to Dumbledore and cancel my resignation"

"And I'll bring your broom back to its place. Then Draco will know a piece of my mind"

"Oh, no. You dealt with him last time. I want to take care of him now" Harry said, a devilish gleam in his eyes.

"If you say so…"

"Oh, don't worry. Nothing too bad, but something he'll remember for a long time. Just like your little vengeance"

So they separated, going for their own tasks.

"Here again, Potter?" Snape asked, seeing him enter the Headmaster's office.

"Yeah. See, Professor" he said to Dumbledore, who looked at him with his usual twinkle in the eye, "I've straightened up all troubles with Hermione, once again Mr. Malfoy was the root of all troubles, so I now do have a reason to remain here"

"I'm glad. It's been a pleasure working with you this school year, Harry. You didn't lose your love for having fun, but you matured too. That's a good mix"

"Thanks. So, since my resignation is cancelled, I think I'll go organising an end of term party" he said, winking to the professors and leaving.

In the meantime Hermione had brought the broom back. It was definitely dirty, but apart for that, it was unscathed.

She ran to Harry's room where Ron and Nev still were.

"So?" they asked together.

She grinned at them. "I stopped him. He's gone to take his resignation back"

"Wicked!" Ron said. The other boy just smiled.

"This is great news. But what made you change your mind?" he asked.

So she told them what she had heard that morning from the Deltas.

"Malfoy again. I bet Harry wants revenge. Better get ready…" Ron said to Neville, who nodded.

"Hermione , when do he have his last exam?" Harry asked when he entered.

"Tomorrow"

"We need to hurry then"

They worked all afternoon. Then they put the result in a small bottle like the ink ones and gave it to Hermione.

"You just substitute his ink with this bottle, ok?"

"Ok" she agreed mischievously.

That night, she proceeded to the exchange.

"Hey, Hermione, haven't seen you all day" Draco asked.

"I know, I got busy. However, I don't want to disturb the association anymore. I know he's left once and for all, so I can go back to my room" she said, carrying her things and leaving.

"Hermione, wait. Here you'll be safer anyway!" he shouted after her.

"Don't worry, I'm not a baby anymore" she said before vanishing in the dark.

That evening Harry, Hermione, Nev and Ron with Hanna and Luna too, went all together too have dinner in Hogsmeade. They toasted to Draco's demise once and for all, and then they retreated to their dorms.

Well, Harry and Hermione took some time for themselves, walking around the lake hand in hand. Then they sat under a tree, his back leaning on it, and her one leaning on his chest.

"I'm really sorry, Harry. I know you've been tremendously hurt by my actions, and I dunno how can I make it up to you"

"Shh. It's not your fault. It's Draco's. And we will pay him back. As for making it up to me, I kind of know a thing or two you could do" he said, a typical Marauder glint in his eye. Then he kissed her hard.

"I kind of like this way of making up" she cooed.

"Me too" he said before kissing her again.

Next day, Draco went to have his exam, sure of passing it and finally graduating.

But he was oh so wrong.

He kept scribbling for the two hours the exam lasted, then went away. Just then he noticed a small writing appearing on his sheets.

"Nice last exam, Draco.

I would check your ink tough.

I fear it may have disappeared.

Best wishes,

Harry"

A non-human shout was heard in Hogwarts Castle.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Harry chuckled while walking to see Hermione's last exam.

He entered the room just when she sat in front of the professors. She saw him and winked at him. He winked back.

She brilliantly answered all their questions, and so she graduated in Wizarding Journalism.

"Thank Merlin this is finished" she said, leaning into his embrace once she was out of there.

"Not yet. I've a small surprise for you" he said.

"What kind of surprise?"

"Well, I pulled some strings, and now there are two reporters from the "Daily Prophet" ready to interview you and offer you a job at their newspaper"

"Harry! Writing for the "Daily Prophet" has always been my dream! I can set the newspaper right finally!" she sad excitedly before kissing him. "Thanks"

"Anything for you, milady" he said, bowing.

She swatted him playfully on the arm.

"Jerk"

"But you love me for that"

"And for many other things too" she said, kissing him.

"Hey, you two, get a room!" Ron said, seeing them.

They simply stuck their tongues at him and resumed their previous activity.

"I'll pick you up at noon" he said her.

"Ok. I'm so nervous" she said, taking a deep breath.

"Don't be. I'm sure you'll do great, as usual" he said, kissing her forehead. "I love you"

"I love you too" she said.

A couple hours later, he was outside the building waiting for her.

When she arrived, she a big grin plastered on her face. "They hired me! They hired me! I'm gonna write for the "Daily Prophet"! Oh, just let Mum and Dad hear this…" she said.

He grinned at her and swung her around, making her giggle like a little girl.

"You're so amazing, Hermione" he said lovingly. "Let's go. I've booked two seats at the most exclusive restaurant in the city" he said.

While eating she wanted details of his revenge on Draco.

"Well, I got him where it will hurt him more. The bottle I gave you, as you probably imagined, was special ink. It deleted itself after two hours. So when he gave the sheets back, they were perfectly blank, apart for a small writing that only he could read. There's only one potion that can make the ink reappear, but he doesn't know what that is. I've some in my room"

"Brilliant! So he'll have to be here one more year!" she giggled. "He deserves it all!"

"Exactly. Wonder what his parents will say of him. "Mr. Perfect Student" who doesn't graduate for two years in a row…"

"I bet they won't be pleased" she mused.

"Well, let's not think about him anymore. We've got a wonderful day ahead of us…and some planning to do for the end of year party. Hope you'll like to help"

"Of course, but only if you make it a girl power party" she replied mischievously.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, a bit worried.

Few days later, Hermione and all the girls were enjoying having the guys being their slaves for the night. There weren't female dancers but only male ones.

For one night, the girls were the mistresses of the college. The males were to do whatever their mistress would tell them to.

Some embarrassing moments ensued, especially when Lavender Brown, who had crushed for years on Dean Thomas, made him strip in front of everyone. Of course lots of Butterbeer was brought to the party, and more alcoholic drinks too, like Firewhiskey.

Once the party had ended, and all had gone to bed, Hermione and Harry resumed their tradition of the nightly walk.

"You know, I really missed this" she said softly, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I did too. But overall, I missed you"

"That's sweet. I still can't forgive myself for how I behaved. I risked to throw our happiness away forever…"

"Hermione, it was a mistake. Everyone does that first or later. For example, if I hadn't took her out for dinner…"

"She would have found some other way to frame you" Hermione ended.

"Maybe, or maybe not. Who knows? But that doesn't matter anymore, because we are together again now"

"You amaze me every day more, Harry. I never thought you could mature so much"

"I didn't either. But it happened and it's you I've to thank for that" he said staring lovingly into her chocolate pools, his hands cupping her face.

Neither of them knew who started it, but soon their lips were locked in a sweet kiss, that quickly grew into an heated one.

Things went out of control and soon their burning desire for each other prevailed, and they made love in the small wood.

Then they lay on the ground looking at the blue sky pointed with bright stars.

"This is beautiful" she murmured sleepily.

"You're beautiful" he corrected her, draping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her on him. Soon they fell asleep.

Next afternoon, he searched for her. She was packing as they would leave the next day.

"Hey, sexy" he said.

"Hey, handsome" she replied.

"I've come to invite you to the engagement party of one person really close to me" he said. "It's tonight. Do you think you could come?"

"Of course I can!" she squealed. "I can't believe one of your friends is engaged! Who's that? Ron or Nev?"

"Neither of them. You'll know tonight"

"Ok" she pouted.

"Hey, that's not fair. You know when you make those puppy dog eyes I can't resist you!" Harry said, pulling her close.

"Ok, I'll just wait tonight to see" she said then.

And so it was.

That night they went to the most exclusive club in Hogsmeade. They were dressed elegantly, Harry in his black tuxedo, Hermione in a deep blue dress that underlined every curve of her body. It had a bare back and a deep V-neck.

"My, you're gorgeous" Harry said when he saw her.

"Thanks. You're not too bad yourself" she said appreciatively.

So the party started.

Three hours later, Hermione was curious.

"Harry, when is the engaged couple going to arrive?"

"Really soon I think"

Soon later, his cue arrived. The song "This Year's Love" by David Gray started playing.

He swiftly got on one knee and pulled a small box out of his pocket.

"Hermione Jane Granger, will you marry me?" he said, looking her in the eyes.

She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Harry was proposing to her! She kept glancing from his face to the ring.

"Mione, please, say something, yes, no, what the hell you were thinking doing that, just say something" Harry said.

She nodded, unable to speak. Her answer was all in the hungry kiss she placed on his lips.

"I guess that's a yes" Harry chuckled, when they parted.

"Yes, Harry. I'll marry you" she said. He grinned and slipped the ring, made of white gold and with sparking diamonds and emeralds all over it, on her finger.

"Come, let's have this dance" he said then, holding out his hand for her and leading her to the stage.

Then it dawned on her.

"This whole party, it was for us, wasn't it?"

He grinned sheepishly nodding. "Yeah. I hoped you would say yes"

"Oh, Harry, you're so sweet at times"

"Well, don't say that too much around, or my reputation will be crushed" he joked.

Once they were on the stage, he took the microphone.

"One moment of attention, please. I want to thank all of you for coming here tonight. This is the most important night in my life, and I'm proud to introduce you to the future Mrs. Potter" he said motioning toward Hermione. She took the microphone.

"Yes, thanks for having come here tonight, it means a lot to us" she said.

Just then banners with written "Congratulations Harry and Hermione" rolled down the walls where they had been pinned all that time.

Harry looked at Ron and Nev in surprise. They winked at him.

And then fireworks erupted.

Harry looked amazed, as well as Hermione. Then he pulled her to him and kissed her in front of the cheering crowd.

After everyone left, the happy couple went to meet their friends.

"Guys, really, the banners and the fireworks were amazing" Harry said. "Seems you're talented in throwing parties, uh?"

"Well, we learned from the best" Nev said, and Ron nodded.

Harry blushed just the tiniest bit before they all left together to reach the castle. That night Ron and Nev left the dorm to Harry and Hermione to give them some privacy.

Next day, they were readying themselves to leave when they saw Draco passing by.

"Sorry, love, I just can't resist. Come with me, please"

So they walked to him.

"Hey, Draco"

"What the hell you want, Potter" he said without turning.

"I just wanted to introduce you to my fiancée, Hermione"

At that words Draco turned.

"You remember you said she would never be interested in me, when you came to book your bachelor party? Well, seems like she is interested in me after all…" he said.

And with that they left, leaving him speechless.

The project of life of Harry and Hermione was taking off and no one would be able to shoot it down.


-->