Unofficial Portkey Archive

I thought you didn't really love me by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I thought you didn't really love me

Harry85

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, or HBP would have been different.

A/N: I proposed this plot as a challenge, but no one seemed interested, so I worked on it myself. Please, if you read, leave me a comment.

Happiness, at last

"Yes. I'll marry you, Harry" she said, before kissing him again, which led to a night of passionate love making under a starry sky.

Next day, Hermione went to work as the most happy young woman in the world. Finally, she and Harry were going to marry, and now she had not the slightest doubt that he loved her.

This time, nothing would bring their happiness away.

So, she made her way to her office humming softly, and entered, just to find Caroline in, waiting for her.

The girl grinned. "Seems someone is in a good mood, today. Had a good shag with your boyfriend?"

Hermione turned scarlet red, and closet the door hastily.

"Caroline!" she cried in mock outrage. That was the moment the other healer noticed the ring.

"Oh. My. God. Hermione, is that what I think it is?" she said, pointing to her friend's hand.

Hermione nodded, then, unable to contain her happiness anymore, she hugged the other girl squealing. Caroline soon joined her, luckily Hermione's office was soundproof, or many would have wondered what exactly was going on in there.

Then, a full detailed telling of the previous night was done, and only after that the two wee able to concentrate on their work again.

In the same moment, Harry was entering his new office in the Auror Department, and felt not less happy than Hermione for the happenings of few hours before.

At lunch, he went to grab something to eat with Draco, and told him about that.

"It was bloody time, Potter" the other man said, sincerely smiling. "You deserved happiness in your life. But, the period from now to the wedding will be hell, I assure you. You'll risk to go nuts, with all the planning she will make you do, I know because Ginny was the same"

"Thanks, Draco. I hope to survive that, then. Now, about that case you left paperwork on my desk…"

Soon the news were told to all their closest friends, and Ginny made it a point of her honour to organise an engagement party for the two of them. She called all the old friends from Hogwarts she could get a grip onto, and it was planned for a Friday night.

They were to reunite at her and Draco's place, and all night Harry and Hermione were congratulated. Of course, being that Ginny worked at the "Daily Prophet" and Luna at the "Quibbler", both asked them for interviews, so the two publications both reported the news with great details.

After all, it is not all day that the Boy-Who-Killed-Voldemort gets engaged…

Anne Granger was more than happy at the news, and immediately after she hung the telephone, she ran to her room to retrieve all her bridal magazines. A wedding needed to be organized.

Harry found that Draco was absolutely right.

There wasn't a night in which Hermione did not read bridal magazines, taking notes on what may be interesting or useful, and tormenting him on little details that to him were totally insignificant.

To him, what mattered was that they were going to be married in half an year. They had set the date on August 20th , almost midway between their birthdays. He thought it shouldn't be important if the roses adorning the church were red, white, or pink, but he knew it was important to her.

The first time she couldn't have the marriage she dreamed of, this time he wanted to give it to her. So, he sighed, and listened to her rambling about where to have the ceremony for the tenth time.

"Love" he finally interrupted her, "I think it would be great to have it at Hogwarts. After all, it was there that we got to know each other, and it was there were we fell in love. It seems just right to me to celebrate it there"

She looked at him, biting the end of her quill in thought. Then, a bright smile crept on her face.

"You're right, Harry. Hogwarts will do. Although, we will have to lift the Anti-Muggle wards for Mum and Dad"

"Oh, that will not be a problem. I'm sure Professor McGonagall won't object about that for few hours"

So, it was settled.

"Now, are we going to celebrate it in the Great Hall or outside?" Hermione asked.

"I think outside will be lovely. In August, weather should be fine, a little warm too, and hopefully sunny, so the grounds would be perfect. There's the view of the lake too, it's nice" he said, thoughtfully.

"But how can we know weather will be good? What if it rains?"

"Yes, that is a chance…" he admitted.

For some time they wondered about that, but in the end they decided to risk and do it outside.

They were wizard and witch, after all, as all their friends. So, in case, they could move it inside in a few time, if the weather menaced rain.

Then they called it a night, and went to bed.

Next evening, the scene repeated, only that this time they were gathered at the Granger's.

While Hermione discussed with her mother about if she should use a veil or not, Frank brought Harry outside.

"Let them be, Harry. These next months will be the most stressful of your young life, although I know most of what you went through. No Dark Lord can be as scary as a young woman planning her wedding…"

Harry chuckled and nodded. "I've come to see that. But, I want for Hermione the perfect wedding she dreamed to have when she was a little girl"

"And you will give it to her, no matter what you dress like or where the ceremony is held, and so on. Wanna know why?"

Harry nodded, curious.

"Because you two are deeply in love with each other. In the end, that is what really matters. That is what she has always dreamed of. Finding true love, and marry the man who could give her that. So, you can now see how, although she works so hard on planning this, she will be happy no matter what, as long as you are with her"

"I will forever, sir" Harry said.

"Son, call me Frank, please. We're about to become related, after all" the older man said, pouring himself some other whiskey.

They walked back to the living room, where mother and daughter were still debating on the use of the veil. Hermione thought it to be too old-fashioned, while Anne thought it essential for a wedding.

In the end, the older woman won. Hermione accepted to use it, although not totally happy about that.

In the following months, all the details of the wedding were defined. Now, it was time to make the list of the invitations.

"So, would you like a small wedding, or something big?" Harry asked while sipping his Butterbeer, after they had had dinner.

"Well, not something huge, that's for sure. I think of course all our closest friends should be there, and I thought about inviting our old fellow Gryffindors, plus the staff of the school, my parents, Remus, Tonks, all the Weasleys, and the closest members of the Order"

Harry chuckled. "Well, that is not small, for sure"

She smiled warmly, leaning into his embrace. "No, it isn't"

"If this is how you want it, this is what you will have, milady" he said seriously, bowing to her.

"My, I do thank you, my lord" she said, bowing back, then she broke in a fit of giggles that made Harry laugh too.

They finished writing the list, leaving the actual writing of the invitations for the next day, it was one month before the wedding, and Harry brought her into their bedroom in his arms.

"You're really courteous, good man" she said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I'm training myself for my wedding night" he said, puffing out his chest after leaving her on the bed. She pulled him down to her and captured his lips in her own.

"And your wife will surely be pleased at that" she whispered huskily, proceeding to kiss his neck. "And at that" she added, then started unbuttoning his shirt.

In a few minutes, they were caught in the heights of passion, and they made sweet love. Both of them kept coming for more, and that night they caught really little sleep.

Finally, the invitations were written. Hermione checked them again, before starting to send them.

Harry James Potter

And

Hermione Jane Granger

Are proud to invite you to their wedding,

That is going to be held on the grounds of

Hogwarts Castle on August 20th, at midday.

She thought them to be ok, so they gave the huge stack of invitations to Hedwig.

"Sweetheart, I know it's an huge delivery, but please make it for me, ok?" Harry said, giving his owl a special ration of owl treats before letting her go.

She hooted not so happily, and flew out of the window. The raven haired wizard looked at her for some moments, then returned to the living room.

"Now, we need to choose the wedding party" Hermione started. "I think my maid of honour will be Ginny. My mother would qualify too, but she will be emotional enough as it is, seeing her little girl marry, so I guess Ginny would be perfect"

Harry agreed.

"As for my bridesmaids, I thought about Tonks, Luna and Parvati"

"Parvati? But I thought you did not like the girl very much…"

"Well, it's her or Fleur…" Hermione reasoned. "Do you think I should pick Fleur?"

"Yes, I definitely think so. You've created a good bond with her since she married Bill, don't you?"

"Yes, but still…"

However, in the end it was settled. Fleur would be her last bridesmaid. As for Harry, he chose Ron as best man, and Remus, Draco and Bill as groomsmen.

A couple weeks before the wedding, the party reunited to go and pick robes for the ceremony.

Harry found some elegant black wedding robes that fitted him perfectly on the third shop they visited, and there they purchased the groomsmen's attires too. They would dress in light grey.

As for Hermione's party, it was settled that they would dress in light pink, and Harry had to admit all the girls looked glorious in that.

Remus was almost salivating when he saw Tonks in the dress she would wear at the ceremony, and that earned him a chuckle from Harry.

Not that Bill and Ron were much better with Fleur and Luna, though, as well as Draco with Ginny.

Hermione's dress was of course kept secret, but all the girls assured Harry she was stunning in it. They had it done just for her months before, and that day just a last trying was needed.

Finally, the day came. Harry was still a bit incredulous. He could not believe that with all what he had been through in his life, he was really going to get married, and have an happy life afterwards.

He kept pacing nervously in the Gryffindor common room, where he and his party were waiting.

"Hey, Harry, if you keep pacing like that, you're gonna make an hole in the floor" Ron teased him.

"Yeah, and you look dreadful. Are you sure you're ok? You look like you might puke in a moment" Remus added, chuckling.

"Thanks, Moony. That's exactly how I feel" Harry glared at him. "Let's see how you feel when you marry Tonks"

"Ease up, mate. Your father was just as nervous as you are. He did, in fact, puke twice before the wedding started"

Harry grinned. "He did?"

Remus nodded. "But you, just like him, have nothing to worry. Just go out there, and start the life you deserve"

Soon, they descended to go in the grounds. People was already gathered there, and Harry took his place near the altar.

He looked back to where the tent hiding the bride was.

Ginny winked at him, to reassure the boy, and he smiled.

Then, the wedding march was heard, and soon he saw her. They were right.

She was absolutely gorgeous, with a white sleeveless dress, that clutched at her body in an elegant way, but still exalted her curves. It had a not completely bare back, and a V-neck that plunged not too deep, but enough to show a bit of cleavage. Small diamonds were on it, to reflect the sunlight and give her an ethereal and angelic glow.

Her hair was pinned in a chignon, apart for some tendrils adorning her face. A light veil covered her head, and a single white rose was pinned behind her left ear.

Slowly, she walked down the aisle, accompanied by her father, and smiled at him. They locked eyes for all her way through the aisle, and he grinned back.

Once she was there, he mouthed her "You're beautiful", and she blushed the tiniest bit.

Then, it started.

"Who gives this witch away?" the officer asked.

"I, her father, do" Frank said, his voice quivering a bit, then he left her there, and went to join her mother, who was already in tears.

"We're here reunited to celebrate the union in marriage of Harry and Hermione. If someone wishes to oppose to it, speak now, or keep quiet forever"

No one spoke, so the wedding proceeded.

"Now, you have to speak your vows. You start, Harry"

"Hermione, we met many years ago, and I knew you would be important in my life. With passing of time, I've learned just how much. You have been my rock in my difficult times, and kept me going when I did not want to. If I'm here today, alive, it's thank to you. And along the bumpy ride that has been our youth, I've come to admire and love the young beautiful woman in front of me now more than friendly. I love you, Hermione"

"Harry, I knew about your fame even before meeting you, and thought you would be a spoiled brat, but you proved to be caring, brave, and fair, and handsome too, which is always a good thing. You stood for what you thought right, even when it cost you dearly, and you proved to love me in ways I could never think you would. I've found myself melting in your eyes more times than I could keep the count. I love you, Harry"

"Now, you have to exchange the rings"

Ron moved to bring them the wedding bands, then retreated to his place.

Harry took one in his hand, gently lifted Hermione's one, and spoke. "With this ring, I thee wed" he said, sliding it in place although his hand was trembling.

She mirrored his actions. "With this ring, I thee wed". Her hand was shaking with emotion too.

"Harry, Hermione, I declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride"

Harry had been waiting that moment all the ceremony, so he eagerly lifted her veil, and placed his lips on hers for the sweetest of kisses.

She had to admit her mother was right. The lifting of the veil was really one of the most emotional moments of the whole ceremony, and she would treasure that in her heart for her whole life.

Later, they transferred in the Great Hall for the banquet, something Ron had been waiting for since morning. Molly had helped, bringing lots of cooked things, but most of the work was done by the castle Elves, Dobby leading them.

He came, as usual with unmatched socks, to congratulate the happy couple, and to give them his best wishes.

Then, they all ate chatting happily. Toasts for Harry and Hermione were held, and lots of pumpkin pie eaten. Champagne was being poured over and over, till the banquet ended with the cutting of the cake, a big one made of chocolate, whipped cream and sponge.

Soft music started to play then, and the newlyweds opened the dances.

They swayed to the soft music, looking lovingly in each other eyes, and kissing for the pleasure of the cheering crowd.

Then the others joined them, and they switched partners. Hermione danced with Ron, while Harry did with Ginny.

"So, keep him in line, will you?" Ron teased her.

"I surely will, but I do not think there will be too much need of that. Oh, Ron, you can't imagine how happy I am"

"Oh, but I can. I was the same way when I married Luna. I wish both you and Harry were there…" he said a bit sadly. "But this day is for happiness, not for sad memories" he grinned at her, spinning he around and eliciting a giggle from his best friend.

"So, Harry, you've finally fulfilled your dream, uh?" Ginny said, smiling softly at him.

"Yes, I have. I've dreamed of this moment for years, and finally I'm here, about to start a family with the woman I love" he said, looking at Hermione dreamily.

"I swear, you've got it even worse than me with Draco!" she said, placing a kiss on his cheek before letting him dance with Hermione again.

A couple hours later, the time of throwing the bouquet came, and although their closest friends were already married, they gathered around the happy couple all the same.

However, Seamus was the fastest and grabbed it, for Lavender's joy.

"Well, compliments, Seamus. It would seem you and Ms. Brown are going to wed soon…" Harry complimented his fellow Gryffindor.

When everyone was gone, Harry took Hermione in his arms, and Apparated both of them to a secluded island in the Polynesia, in a Wizarding Resort. He had brought their luggage there before the wedding, and so he knew which suite was theirs.

He walked to it, and carried her through the threshold.

"Oh, very manly of you, Mr. Potter" she cooed.

"Pleased to meet your expectations, Mrs. Potter" he said, placing her on the bed.

"I like the sound of that" she grinned.

"I do too" he nodded before attacking her mouth.

So, Harry Potter had what he had searched all his life.

Happiness, at last.


-->