Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Orb of Ter'angrel by Sapphire Rose
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Orb of Ter'angrel

Sapphire Rose

Harry Potter and the Orb of Ter'angreal

~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters; they all belong to J.K Rowlings and Warner Brothers.

~*~*~*~

A/N: This will be a Harry/Hermione fanfic. Only the characters from the book will be used there are no original characters. I realize the rating is R and that's because later on there will be R rated material, just know the first chapter isn't R. Here is my story I hope you all enjoy it, the main plot of the story won't really reveal itself to the second or third chapter…I'm really not sure yet so read and review!

~*~*~*~

Harry Potter and the Orb of Ter'angreal

By: Sapphire Rose

It was the summer before Harry Potter's seventh year attending Hogwarts, his last and final year. Harry was lying on his bed staring up at his ceiling thinking about his friends. He picks up a letter that was lying beside him, one that Hedwig delivered earlier that day. It was from his best friend Ron Weasley. Ron and Harry had been friends since their first year. Ron's family was always kind to him. Harry read the note over to himself once again to make sure he understood everything right…

Harry- My parents said it would be alright that I come and stay with you the rest of the summer vacation. I'll be arriving by floo around noon. See you then! -Ron

Harry smiled at the thought of his friend coming to stay with him. He was glad he could see his best friend again. Since Harry moved in with Sirius he had everything he could ever want...well maybe not everything. Today was the day Ron was supposed to arrive! It was only eleven in the morning when he checked his clock last. His friend was due to arrive within the hour.

Harry then picked up another letter that was resting alongside him. This one was from his friend Hermione Granger, like Ron he had known Hermione since their first year at Hogwarts. For some reason Harry's thoughts lingered on her more then usual.

Hey Harry- Well my parents agreed to let me stay with you for the remainder of the summer. I'll be coming with Lavender so I won't be able to come till the next day around 1pm. I hope it's no trouble. I can't wait to see you both again. -Hermione

Harry was kind of disappointed; he had to wait a whole day before he could see his friend. She was coming with Lavender, Ron's 'steady' girlfriend since last year. Harry liked Lavender, but she had a tendency to speak her mind constantly. How Ron and Lavender lasted this long, no one will ever be able to comprehend. He laughed silently to himself over the thought.

At the moment Harry was not seeing anyone. His last relationship ended just before the end of his sixth year. He had been going out with Ginny Weasley, Ron's younger sister. Harry and Ginny still remained on friendly terms but their relationship just didn't work out the way he planned. To him there was just always something missing between the two.

Harry decided to wait for his friend down by the fireplace where Ron was supposed to arrive any minute. He opened the door to his room, and headed downstairs, and took a seat on one of the couches. Harry didn't have to wait long before he saw the tall, redheaded boy come through the fireplace. Ron dusted off the soot from his clothes and pulled out his trunk from the fireplace.

When Ron finally looked in Harry's direction a smile crossed his features. Harry stood up from his seat and walked over to his friend. Ron embraced him in a friendly hug.

"Well Harry it's nice to see you again, where is Hermione she's normally the one who's always on time?"

Ron laughed at his own statement and Harry joined in.

"Well she's not arriving till tomorrow around one."

"Alright then what shall we do now?"

"Well why don't we bring your trunk up to your room and then I can give you a tour."

"Sounds great…"

Harry picked up one end of Ron's trunk while Ron took the other. He led Ron up the stairs and to the left. They walked down the hallway, when they finally approached the room Harry opened the door and guided him in…

"Alright Ron this will be your room…mine is down the rest of the hall and to the right."

The room was specious and well furnished, it had a large bed at one end of the room, a desk, a few drawers, a couch with a few chairs scattered around the room and a closet. The walls were painted blue and the bed linings and curtains were blue as well with silver trimmings. Ron and Harry set the trunk down by his bed.

"The bathroom is the room to the left…and I think that's about it really."

"So where's Lavender sleeping…?"

"She'll be in the room across from you and Hermione's room will be by mine."

When Harry said Hermione's name his face seemed to brighten up just at the thought of her. Ron noticed the change and a broad smile came across his features as well…

"Harry is there something you would like to tell me?"

"About what?"

"About what's going on between you and Hermione?"

Harry was a bit taken aback by Ron's indirect assumptions…

"Nothings going on between us Ron…"

"Whatever you say Harry…"

"Come on Ron its only Hermione; she's been my best friend since first year."

"Ahh…yes Harry but not only is she your best friend but she is a girl with feelings as well."

"Hermione would never think of me that way and neither would I…"

"You never know…anything is possible. Don't forget Justin and her broke up earlier this summer…"

"She never told me…what happened?"

"He cheated on her with some muggle that lived next door to him…she went over to his house to see him and she saw them kissing…"

The blood began to boil in Harry's veins; he hated to see anyone hurt Hermione. When the new year at Hogwarts would begin he would make a trip to go and see Justin.

"I knew he was never right for her…"

"Harry you seem to be a bit jealous."

"I was never jealous…I just hate to see someone I care about hurt…Hermione didn't deserve that."

"But Harry this isn't the first time either…it seems whenever Hermione dates anyone you become over protective of her…she can take care of herself she's a big girl now."

Harry crossed his arms over his chest in protest, trying to block out whatever Ron was saying…

"Remember when she dated Terry Boot from Ravenclaw…if I recall you had a little talk with him and he stayed clear of Hermione after that…"

"Well he wasn't suitable for Hermione either."

"Harry when will anyone be good enough for our Hermione…you can't keep her in a bubble for the rest of her life…"

"I just don't want to see her hurt Ron…"

"I know and neither do I but you have to let her live her life."

Harry sighed in defeat…

"Well it still doesn't change the fact that I would like to hurt Justin for what he did…"

"You know Harry why don't you just admit you like Hermione more then a friend."

"Because I don't like her that way…"

"Well you may not see it now but I believe you will later on."

"Whatever Ron…why didn't she tell me about Justin anyway?"

"Because she probably knew how you were going to react and that's why she didn't tell you anything about it…"

"I guess…well let's start unpacking your things and I can give you a tour of the place."

For the next half hour Harry and Ron spent their time unpacking the trunk, placing Ron's clothes in assorted drawers and in the closet. When they were finished Harry showed Ron around the house…the house itself was fairly large and it was well furnished. The tour took up most of the afternoon and by now it was around four in the afternoon and dinner would be ready around six so they had some time to spare.

Both Harry and Ron had decided to squander the remainder of their time talking to each other. So they headed to Harry's room. Ron sat down on one of the chairs and Harry seated himself on his own bed…

"So Harry do you know who the Head Boy is going to be this year?"

"As a matter of fact Ron I do know who it is…"

"Well then spit it out…who is it?"

Ron asked with curiosity…

"Well Ron the Head Boy this year just happens to be me."

Harry smiled broadly at the thought…he was proud that he beat Justin out of the spot.

"Really? That's great Harry…and of course we can expect our fair Hermione to be the Head Girl."

Both the boys gave off a slight chuckle…

"Well she is after all the smartest witch I've ever seen, she deserves it."

"That she does…hey Harry where has Sirius been all this time?"

"Well he's at the ministry now…he has a job there as an Auror. He won't be home until dinner so you'll see him then…"

"It seems that things are working fine for him…I'm glad his name was cleared finally."

"So am I…since then I've been able to live with him. I couldn't wait to leave the Dursley's."

"Honestly I don't know how you ever survived there…"

"Just barely."

"So what are our plans for the summer…?"

"Well there's a lot to do in Godric's Hollow and we can pretty much do whatever we want."

"What time is it now Harry?"

"Just about dinner time...we should head downstairs."

Harry and Ron wander down to dinner and when they got there they could see Sirius already seated at the table waiting for the other two to join them. Sirius looked tired but that didn't stop him from smiling at the two boys that entered the room. Harry and Ron reminded Sirius a lot of himself and James at their age.

"Well Ron it's nice to see you…how have you been?"

Harry and Ron seated themselves at the table…

"I've been fine really…not much has been going on."

Sirius nodded and he looked over in Harry's direction…

"Where's Hermione; wasn't she supposed to come as well?"

"She isn't arriving till tomorrow with Lavender so it's only us for now."

"Alright…well lets eat I'm starved!"

The sound of laugher could be heard throughout the room. Sirius sounded as if he were an impatient little boy. The three ate their meals up and when dinner was finished they left the food there so the resident House Elf, Dobby could clean it up. Once Harry moved in with Sirius he asked Dobby if he would like to come live with them and they would pay him for his services. Dobby agreed of course 'Anything for Harry Potter.'

Harry, Ron and Sirius spent the remainder of the night sitting in the living room. They played Wizards Chess and of course Ron beat both Harry and Sirius. It was finally getting late and they all decide to call it a night and go to bed. Sirius was the first to separate from the pair as he headed right from the stairs. Harry and Ron walked to the left and down the hallway. When they came upon Ron's room he opened the door and walked inside.

"Well goodnight Harry see you in the morning."

"Night Ron…"

Ron closed the door behind him and Harry continued down the hallway to his room. He walked inside, put his pajamas on and shifted into bed. He closed his eyes and went to sleep. The night was peaceful and all was quiet.

~*~*~*~

Time passes and the next day dawns. The sun crept passed the hills that surrounded Godric's Hollow and lit the area. There was a light breeze in the air and it would be a warm summer day. For Harry Potter and Ron Weasley this would be the day when their friend Hermione Granger came to stay with them for the remainder of the summer before they had to return to Hogwarts for their last and final year.

That day Hermione had roused up early to do any last minute packing. She had to make sure she had everything she needed because Lavender was going to be taking her to Sirius's house. In her head she mentally checked off everything she required…

'Let's see books…robes…shirts…'

She gathered Crookshanks things as well and put them away. Hermione finished packing and she tried to close her trunk, with some difficultly she finally closed it. All she had to do now was wait for Lavender to pick her up but that wasn't for another two hours. While she was waiting Hermione decided to take a shower. She walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower. She took off her clothes from the night before and threw them in the hamper and stepped into the shower.

Once she was fully washed and her hair had a good rinse she turned off the water and wrapped a towel around her figure, she steps out and walked over to the mirror. The steam fogged up the glass and she wiped it off so she could see herself clearly. It was obvious over the years she had changed…she grew into a very attractive girl. Hermione no longer had the bushy hair she once had during her first year. But for some reason she had still been unable to catch the attention of the one person she truly cared for. Although she never really admitted it to herself. Her feelings went out to once specific boy but she didn't confess this to herself. Hermione snapped out of her thoughts and she started to brush the knots from her hair and once she was done she blew dry it. Hermione walked to her room and threw on a pair of clothes, by the time she was finished it was almost time for Lavender to come and pick her up. She tried to carry down her trunk and with some difficulty she finally managed to get it downstairs.

When she reached the fireplace Lavender was already standing there with her own trunk in hand and she seemed to be smiling. Hermione dropped the heavy trunk and walked over to her friend and they enveloped each other in a big hug…

"Lavender it's so good to see you again…"

"Same here Hermione…it seems like this will be an interesting summer, we get to spend it at Harry's."

"Well I think I know why it will be interesting for you…"

Hermione said with a knowing smile…

"Harry and Ron are expecting us around one so we should start heading there…I'll go first so you will know what to do. To get to Harry's all you have to say is 'Sirius Black's House' and you're there…"

"Alright I know what to do."

When Lavender mentioned Harry's name her face seem to light up with a smile and Lavender noticed her change…

"Hermione is there something you would like to tell me?"

"About what?"

"About what's going on between you and Harry?"

"Nothing is going on between us Lavender…"

"Whatever you say Hermione…"

"Come on Lavender is only Harry; he's been my best friend since first year."

"Ahh…yes Hermione but not only is he your best friend but he is also a boy with feelings as well."

"Harry would never think of me that way and neither would I…"

"You never know anything is possible. Ginny and he did break up…"

"Yes I know they did…"

"Come on Hermione, I'm your friend you can tell me anything…"

"Oh Lavender I really don't know…to him I'm just a bookworm."

"There's nothing wrong with being a bookworm...and I'm sure that's not all Harry sees in you anyway…you've turned into a very attractive girl and any guy within a mile would be able to see that…it couldn't even pass Harry and if it did he's blind."

This got a laugh out of Hermione and Lavender smiled…

"We should be going now…they're expecting us."

"You're right…let's get going remember I go first."

Hermione and Lavender walked towards the fireplace luggage in hand. Lavender would go first; she took a handful of floo powder and threw it in. When the powder touched the flames they erupted green. She stepped in shouting out 'Sirius Black's House' and she went spinning away through the floo system. Finally she reached her destination and stepped out of the fireplace dusting herself off, pulling her trunk along with her. She spotted Harry and Ron and she smiled...

"Hey Guys…"

Ron's eyes lit up with joy as he watched his girlfriend come through the fireplace. He hadn't seen her since the end of their sixth year but they kept in touch with each other. Lavender had long blond hair and brown eyes. She was around 5'8", a few inches shorter then he. She wore a pair of thigh high shorts with a white tang top. Ron walked over to her and wrapped her in an embrace kissing her.

"Well it's nice to see you too Ron…"

They shared a smile and were interrupted from a noise that sounded as if they were clearing their throat. It was Harry, they realized he was in the room and smiled…

"So Lavender…where's Hermione?"

"She should be on her way…knowing her she probably wanted to pack a few more books away."

And a few moments later you could see a brown headed girl coming through the fireplace. As she walked out, dusting off her clothes Harry felt as though something was stuck in his throat…Hermione had changed a lot over the summer. She now stood at a height of 5'7", her hair lost it's bushiness over time and it now laid straight. She seemed to be wearing a short flower print skirt which showed off her shapely legs and a white tang top that clung to her like a second skin, and the straps of the shirt were slender. But the feature that caught his attention the most was her deep hazel eyes that looked in his direction with a smile on.

Hermione pulled her trunk out of the fireplace and looked around the room noticing Ron and Lavender in each others arms and her gaze then fell on Harry. She didn't know what to think he just looked so 'good' for lack of a better word. He was at least 6'1" now; his raven black hair was messier then ever. He seemed to have gained some more muscle tone in his body; probably from all the extra Quidditch training he was putting himself through leaving him with a broad chest. His sparkling green eyes shined with a brilliance and warmth. He wore a pair of black pants and a simple white tee-shirt that hugged him in just the right places.

Silence seemed to have entered the atmosphere as Hermione entered but was soon broken by a voice on the side and they were pulled out of their daze…

"Well Hermione, you sure have changed since the last time I saw you and Lavender it's nice to see you again as well…"

Sirius said walking into the room looking at the group before him…

"It's nice to see you again too…thanks for letting us spend the rest of our summer vacation here."

"It's really no problem Hermione…it's a pleasant change."

"So what should we do now?"

"Well Lavender I know you'll probably want to spend some time with Ron so he can show you to your room and give you a tour and Hermione can come with me."

"Sounds like a good plan to me lets go."

With that the four picked up the trunks and headed up the stairs, they walked down the hallway. Ron opened the door to Lavender's room and they walked inside while Hermione and Harry continued on. The silence seemed to be increasing as time passed by, they finally approached Hermione's room and the two entered.

~*~*~*~

A/N: Well that's chapter one! I decided to leave you all off at some type of cliff hanger. In the next chapter we'll see more revealed…but that's it for now. I hope you all enjoyed it. Remember Please Read and Review. Bye!

~*~*~*~


Created on ... June 19, 2003