Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Orb of Ter'angrel by Sapphire Rose
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Orb of Ter'angrel

Sapphire Rose

~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters; they all belong to J.K Rowlings and Warner Brothers. Although I wish I did lol.

~*~*~*~

A/N: Just a reminder this is a Harry and Hermione pairing, if you don't like the pairings then don't bother reading it in the first place. With that said I will continue on with my story for your reading pleasure. Things become a bit more interesting with this chapter, mostly straight forward. The plot will reveal itself it all due time so just be patient and watch how it all unfolds. With the new release of the 5th book I realize that there are a few things that happen that I won't go into for all those who haven't finished the book. The new release will not effect the direction my story is going in because I like it the way it is and I prefer the way things are. Hope you enjoy it, Read and Review!

~*~*~*~

Harry Potter and the Orb of Ter'angreal

Chapter Two

By: Sapphire Rose

Hermione gasped when she laid eyes on the room she would be staying in the rest of the summer. Her room was much like the room Ron was staying in but the walls and curtains were a light shade of pink along with the bed linens that had white trimmings. Hermione just stood in the center of the room with her mouth gaped. This is how Harry found her when he walked in the room. You could see the smile cross his features as he approached her from behind and whispered softly in her ear.

"So do you like it?"

This seemed to bring Hermione out of the trance she had fallen into.

"Like it? I absolutely adore it!"

"Well I'm glad to hear it. Why don't we unpack your things?"

"That's fine with me."

Placing the trunk down beside the bed, Hermione pulled open her trunk. The first thing Harry noticed was the piles of books Hermione began to pull out.

"So do you think you brought enough? I was wondering what was making your trunk so heavy."

Hermione playfully punched him in the arm as if to say she wasn't very amused with the remark.

"Well unlike some people I know I don't slack off during the summer holiday."

"And who might you be inferring to?"

Hermione looked directly at him as if to say the answer were right in front of him.

"You wouldn't be suggesting that I slack off during the break?"

He said with mock shock in his voice.

"No I'm suggesting the wall behind you does."

Hermione replied sarcastically while rolling her eyes heavenward. The expression on Harry's face became one of pouting. This did not escape the attention of Hermione and she could do nothing but laugh.

"Oh stop pouting; you know you're too cute for your own good."

"Why thank you very much Ms. Granger."

"It's my pleasure Mr. Potter."

After that exchange the two continued to organize Hermione's things in various drawers around the room. The silence was evident and there was an air of awkwardness surrounding the two. Both felt the need to break the silence but didn't know what they would actually say to each other. Finally Harry decided to start a conversation with her.

"So Mione how has your summer been?"

"It has been alright, nothing special really. What about you?"

"I've been mostly spending time with Sirius when he isn't at the Ministry."

Once again the silence returned for some reason Harry couldn't hold a conversation. Why was this so difficult for him? It was only Hermione; it wasn't as if he had never been in a room alone with her before. Why was it so difficult now? Similar thoughts ran through Hermione's mind although she had a better grasp on where these feelings could be arising from.

"So Hermione, how are things going with Justin?"

That was it. The one thing she was hoping wouldn't come up. She knew Harry would eventually ask, but she didn't expect it so soon. It wasn't that she wanted to keep it from him; she just knew how he was going to react when she told him. No use hiding it now, she couldn't find it in her heart to lie to him.

"Well we broke up earlier in the summer."

Harry knew he made her feel uncomfortable, but he had to hear it from her directly.

"Why? You both seemed so taken with each other?"

He could feel the pit in his stomach begin to pull as the words left his mouth. For some reason jealousy was all he could feel. Harry was always overprotective of Hermione but he just couldn't understand why he was jealous?

"Well I thought I was…until."

"Until?"

Hermione sat down on her bed with her hands covering her face as if to hold back the tears waiting to spill. Harry sat down beside her, placing a soothing hand on her back, rubbing it gently up and down.

"Mione its ok, I'm here to listen."

No longer able to hold back the tears, Hermione's arms were thrown around him as she cried silently on his shoulder. Taken aback at first Harry fell into the embrace, taking the shaking form of Hermione in his arms, whispering calming words in her ear. Oddly enough Hermione felt very relaxed in the position she was in, for some reason Harry made her feel safe and protected.

Eventually the tears subsided and Harry placed a hand on her chin drawing her face up to look at him, with his thumbs he brushed away the stray tears that lingered on her porcelain face.

"So tell me what happened…"

"I don't know! I went to go see him during the summer trying to surprise him and when I get there I find him in the arms of another girl!"

"Hermione, Justin is stupid if he did that. Honestly I don't think he realized what he had until he lost it. You deserve so much better."

In her mind she screamed, 'if I deserve so much better then how come I don't have you?' Contemplating for a few moments, Hermione began to rethink this thought, could it be this was more then a mere infatuation, that she really did think of Harry more then a friend?

"Hermione I hate to see you this way, the next time I see him…"

His next few words were cut off by the delicate finger placed against his lips. He froze from the simple contact of Hermione's hand with his lips.

"Please Harry don't, I know you hate to see me upset but don't do something that will get you expelled."

"I can't just sit by and watch that jerk get off easy. No one should treat you that way."

"Please?"

The pleading face could earn her anything her heart desired, he could never say no to THAT.

"Fine. But I'm only agreeing under protest."

She smiled and placed a light, feather kiss on his cheek that seemed to linger there longer then necessary.

"Thank you so much!"

Harry unconsciously placed a hand to his cheek while Hermione turned to the bathroom to freshen up. Could one simple gesture actually cause this kind of reaction? Walking back into the room Hermione closed her trunk and looked towards Harry.

"So when am I going to get that tour I was promised?"

"Right now if you like."

"Great, let's go!"

Hermione grabbed Harry's hand, dragging him out of the room. Subconsciously he never wanted to leave that room but he held on to that hand that was so willingly placed in his own.

Down the hall from Hermione's room we can find Ron and Lavender. Lavender's trunk wasn't unpacked yet and was forgotten by the door. Lying on the bed we find Ron on top of Lavender enjoying a snogging session. Ron's hands roamed down Lavender's sides while her hands were tangled in his hair. Short of breathe they both break away from each other, breathing in deeply and staring into each others eyes.

"So did that make up for lost time?"

Ron asked with a cocky smile plastered across his face.

"Well to be honest, I can't be sure since I haven't seen you in almost a whole, entire month."

"Then I guess we'll just have to try it again, just to be sure."

Lavender grabbed a handful of Ron's shirt, pulling him back down to her lips. This was pretty much how Ron and Lavender spent their afternoon together. Completely forgetting about the clothes that needed to be put away in their proper places.

As of now Harry was showing Hermione the library which had books from floor to ceiling. She was very impressed with the collection of books Harry and Sirius kept, even thought they probably would never read a single one. Harry watched as her eyes lit up, books were always Hermione's weak point. Continuing the tour, Harry showed Hermione all around the manor, including the Quidditch field that was just outside.

When they started to head back inside, Hermione tripped on a rock and began to fall. Harry reacted quickly and caught her before she hit the floor; since he was the Gryffindor Seeker he had fast reflexes. Hermione's arms remained wrapped tightly around him as he placed her back on her feet.

"Thank you…"

"It was nothing really."

Realizing there current state, the two quickly pulled away from each other and headed back into the house silently.

The afternoon whirled by and pretty soon night began to fall once more on the estate. Currently Harry and Hermione were seated in the living room, playing a game of Wizarding Chess to pass the time.

"So what do you think Ron and Lavender have been up to all this time?"

"Most likely snogging each other, there isn't an hour that goes by when those two aren't involved with each other."

"I actually find it enthralling."

"And why is that?"

"Well to be honest I envy them, they both share something I wish I had…"

"I'm sure you'll find someone worthy of you one day Mione…"

"I don't know about that."

"Don't be silly, you're smart, beautiful, caring…any guy would be blind to pass you up."

The words played in both their minds until the noise of footsteps interrupted their thoughts. Sirius entered the room, plopping down in a seat by the two. Sirius studied the chess board for a few moments before moving Hermione's knight into place.

"Check mate!"

Studying the board, a broad smile crossed Hermione's features.

"I won! Thanks Sirius."

"Yea thanks a lot; I thought you were supposed to be on my side!"

"Sorry Harry but let's head off to dinner. Where's Ron and Lavender?"

"I'm sure they'll be down to join us momentarily."

"I'll take your word on that…"

Harry and Hermione put away the chess pieces and joined Sirius in the dinning room. Harry sat by his godfather while Hermione sat next to him. After what seemed like hours to the hungry trio Ron and Lavender came rushing in. Lavender's hair was tousled and the two took seats across from the amused looks on their friends. Trying to save face Ron looked up at the rest.

"Sorry about that we lost track of the time."

"I'm sure you did Ron."

Ron gave Harry an exasperated look while Hermione and Lavender shared a small smile.

"Well now that you're all here I guess that means we can eat!"

"Sirius do you only think of your stomach?"

"You know Harry I resent that."

"Honestly you both sound like children."

Harry and Sirius stared at Hermione with the exact same look of pure innocence.

"If I didn't know any better I could swear you both shared one mind."

"Yes Lavender I quite agree."

"Of course you'd agree Ron; she is after all your girlfriend."

"Well Harry I'm sure if there was someone who caught your attention you would be acting the same way."

"I highly doubt that."

"We'll see about that."

Throughout dinner the group ate the delicious food prepared by Dobby. Laughter spread throughout the room and the good cheer was obvious. Far away in a distant land a dark figured watched this happy group sit down and eat.

"Soon Harry Potter we shall face each other again…soon."

The image disappeared and the man fell into darkness.

After dinner Sirius left the quartet and they headed into the living room. Ron, Harry, Hermione and Lavender spent the night talking about school, the future and their summer holidays. Eventually the clock announced the hour of midnight. Hermione's head rested upon the shoulder of Harry's as she began to drift off to sleep.

"Looks like she couldn't stay up much longer."

"Why don't we go to bed then?"

"Alright but what are we going to do about Mione?"

"I'll carry her upstairs, you two can go up we'll be fine."

"Ok, good night Harry see you in the morning."

Ron and Lavender took to the stairs leaving the sleeping Hermione and Harry in the room. Harry picked Hermione up in his arms with ease and began to carry her sleeping form up the stairs to her room. When he got there he gently kicked the door open and walked Hermione over to the bed, lying her down. He pulled the covers over her and placed a chaste kiss atop her forehead and left the room, leaving the door slightly ajar. A smile crept across Hermione's face as she fell into a peaceful slumber of dreams.

~*~*~*~

A/N: Well there's the second chapter, I may not update for a while I don't know because I'll be busy reading that 5th book which FINALLY came out! Thank you to all the reviews good and bad. To answer the question about the title it won't come into play till later on in the story. There actually is a point to it so be patient. The title does come from The wheel of time, but the idea used in The wheel of time won't be it. I'm just using the word basically and putting my idea into it. Other then that keep the reviews coming! The next chapter will take place the following week, I'll be posting more often.

~*~*~*~


Created on ... June 21, 2003