Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts UnderExposed - A New Girl in Town by Neil
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts UnderExposed - A New Girl in Town

Neil

Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended. Hogwarts UnderExposed - A New Girl in Town Chapter One
The Message

New York, New York 1:25 PM July 02, 2006


Tom Pitt waited impatiently in the outer office of Attorney Mark Williams. His appointment had been scheduled for one o'clock and he was starting to become rather irritated by the delay. Tom considered just getting up and walking out, but he was running out of potential links. In the last month over two-dozen attorneys had callously escorted him to the door of their places of employment and he had little reason to be more optimistic about today. His cause was beginning to seem futile and he was on the verge of giving it up as an impossible dream.

"I apologize for the wait, Mr. Pitt," the attractive blonde secretary said, getting to her feet and walking over to the door. "Attorney Williams will see you now." She opened the door and ushered Tom into an elegant office. It was evident to Tom that Mark Williams was making an excellent living as a lawyer.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Pitt," Mark Williams said, rising to shake his potential new client's hand. "It's been a hectic day thus far. I'm sorry that you were kept waiting."

"No problem," Tom lied politely.

"What can I do for you today?" Williams asked, motioning Tom to a chair positioned in front of his impressive desk.

"Hopefully help me find my daughter," Tom replied.

"I'm sorry," Williams said, sounding not quite heartfelt. "Perhaps I misunderstood you. You see; I'm an attorney, not a detective. I most certainly could help you in a custody case, but before I become involved you must first know the child's whereabouts."

Tom paused. This conversation was rapidly approaching the point where nearly all lawyers escorted him out rudely. "I sort of know where she is, but I can't make contact with her," Tom said. "It's sort of difficult to explain."

"Time is money and after the initial free fifteen minute consultation, I charge nine hundred dollars an hour," Williams said, rather bluntly. "Unless you're exceedingly rich, I suggest that you stop shilly-shallying around and get to the point of your visit."

"Sir, I came to you because you have a reputation for having handled some rather bizarre cases. I'm hoping that perhaps you might know how to make contact with my daughter."

Tom sighed. The time had come to bite the bullet and take the consequences.

"My daughter is in England, but she is a witch and I have no way of contacting her in the Magical World." Tom waited for Williams to spring to his feet in annoyance and call for security.

Williams did push a button, but his words were not at all those that Tom expected. "Miss Watson, please hold all my calls and see that Mr. Pitt and I are not disturbed."

"You believe me?" Tom said, totally flabbergasted.

"For the moment, let's just say that I'm still listening," Williams replied. "Tell me the whole story."

* * * * * *

While Williams listened intently to Pitt's account, across the sea in London, England a mother and daughter were having what was quickly becoming a daily argument.

"Mum, I know your intentions are good, but this just isn't working," Claudia complained for the umpteenth time. "Home schooling might work for young Muggles, but I need to actually attend a suitable school in order to properly learn witchcraft; it's just too complex and involved."

"We tried sending you to a school in the States and look what happened," her mother said. "You do remember, don't you?"

"Of course, I remember," Claudia retorted. "I was the one that was ostracized. Maybe it will be different here in England. Perhaps the students here aren't as cruel and prejudiced."

"Unfortunately, I'm fearful that discrimination is prevalent worldwide," her mother replied dejectedly. "I just don't want to see you hurt all over again; I love you too much. If only people were more understanding. It's not your fault that you're … well… unique."

Claudia seemed to ignore her mother's remarks. "I've read that Hogwarts is an extremely fine school," she persisted. "Plus, Harry Potter and Hermione Ganger are on the Hogwarts' staff. They're the greatest wizard and witch of our time."

"You're not going to give up on this, are you?" her mother asked wearily.

"Not until you agree to let me go to Hogwarts," Claudia countered firmly.

Her mother sighed. "Very well, this is against my better judgment, but I'll owl the school and see what their policy is on transfers," the older woman agreed reluctantly. "I just hope we don't both end up regretting this decision."

* * * * * *


Attorney Mark Williams stared questioningly at Tom Pitt "Why is it that I feel you're holding back information from me?"

"I'm not," Tom insisted vigorously.

"But why at this time?" Williams did a quick calculation in his head. "According to what you've told me, your daughter would be fourteen, nearly fifteen. Why have you waited this long to try and contact her?"

"I've wrestled with a similar question," Pitt replied gravely. "At first, I tried to persuade myself that she would be better off without me in her life. She'd almost certainly grow up ashamed of having me, someone not magical, as a father. I think her mother had been mortified by the fact that she had gone as far as to be intimate with someone nonmagical.

"I convinced myself that one and all would be better off if I just vanished from their lives and so I came to the United States. But even though I've put thousands of miles between us, I've never been able to escape the guilt that I feel. I have a daughter out there somewhere that I've never even seen."

"You're willing to spend thousands of dollars just to see a girl, who will in all probability spit in your face?" Williams questioned.

"If she does, it's no more than I deserve," Pitt responded. "I don't expect her to ever forgive me or love me; I can't even excuse myself. I just want to see her and have the opportunity to tell her face to face that I'm sorry."

Williams stroked his chin as he contemplated Pitt. "Very few people know of the existence of the magical world; even less will admit its authenticity. I can make some inquiries, but it will take considerable time, probably several months before a meeting, if acceptable, can be arranged."

"If acceptable?" Pitt questioned uneasily.

"We're dealing with the magical world and in situations such as this, their laws supersede our own," Williams enlightened. "It will be up to the girl and her mother as to whether they will meet with you or not. If they decline, then there will be nothing more I can do to help you."

Williams got up to see Pitt to the door. "One more question before you leave, Mr. Pitt."

Tom paused.

"The mother's last name was Garrison and you said that she was in no doubt that the sex of the child would be female," Williams clarified. "Did she ever give you any clue as to what she might name the little girl?"

Pitt shook his head glumly. "We never got to discuss such niceties." He turned again to leave and then stopped abruptly. "She had a little sister that died when just a child. She thought the world of her. My daughter may be named after her."

Tom Pitt's eyes squinted, trying desperately to recall the sister's name. "Katherine, Katie… Caitlin. It was definitely Caitlin," he declared emphatically. "She may have named her Caitlin, Caitlin Garrison."

* * * * * *

As Tom Pitt was leaving Attorney Williams' office, Alan Harris was entering the Three Broomsticks Tavern in Hogsmeade. Harris was a retired Auror; his wife died some three years ago and his two adult children, both married, lived near London.

"You're late tonight, Alan," Madam Rosmerta said in welcome, checking her watch. "I can usually set my clock by you."

Alan led a boring lonely life. The highlight of his day was dinner at the Three Broomsticks followed by a few pints with a group of fellow retirees. Alan and his mates spent most evenings reliving the good old days and complaining about the ministry.

"Over slept my lie down," Alan said with embarrassment. "What's the hot special on the menu tonight?"

"Me," said Rosmerta with a roguish laugh.

"As wickedly tempting as that sounds, I think I better pass," Alan chuckled. "I doubt this old heart of mine could handle such excitement."

"I must be losing it," Rosmerta chortled. "You're the second bloke that has turned me down tonight. Do you think you could handle a plateful of Fish and Chips instead?"

"Sounds more my speed," he replied jovially. "And a pint of mulled mead, please."

* * * * * *


"It's been two days," Emily said sadly, as she and Caitlin cuddled in bed, consoling each other. "Is no news considered good or bad in this type of a situation?"

"I don't know," Caitlin answered despondently. "We seem to go right from one calamity to another. Sometimes I think our family is jinxed."

"We do seem to experience more than our fair share of misfortune," Emily suggested.

"Jamie was so looking forward to teaching Charms; she just has to be alright," Caitlin insisted. "Alex must be devastated."

Jamie Zacherley had just concluded her seventh year at Hogwarts. In spite of her youthful age, she had been chosen personally by Professor Flitwick to be his replacement as Charms Professor. Jamie was last seen saying good-bye to her friends at the Hogsmeade station as they departed for home on the Hogwarts Express.

"I still don't understand why anyone would kidnap Jamie," her sister, Emily questioned. "She doesn't have any enemies; everyone loves Jamie."

"Mum and Dad were conferring about that with Ron and Sam this morning when I unexpectedly walked in on them," Caitlin commented. "They stopped talking when they saw me, but not before I overheard parts of their conversation. "You know how Jamie and Hermione look so much alike. They all seem to think it was a case of mistaken identity."

"But if the intended victim was Mum; what will the captors do with Jamie when they realize they've made a mistake?" Emily fretted nervously.

"That seems to be everyone's critical concern," Caitlin sighed.

* * * * * *


"You be careful now," Rosmerta said as Alan negotiated his way out of the Three Broomsticks. "I can't afford to lose my finest customer."

"I'm all right," Alan slurred. "See you tomorrow night."

Rosmerta smiled and went back to washing glasses as the door closed behind the elderly ex-Auror. Some younger patrons, enthralled with Harris's tales of adventure and daring do, had insisted on buying him drinks throughout the evening. Consequently, Harris had consumed considerably more than his usual few pints tonight.

Alan didn't realize just how smashed he was until the warm night air hit his face. "I'll never learn," he mumbled to himself as he staggered unsteadily down the street. As he passed a shadowy alley, he heard a noise that aroused his Auror instincts.

"Who is there?" he shouted, instinctively reaching for his wand.

There was no answer. "Damn mulled mead has me hearing things," he muttered to himself.

Harris was about to continue on his way when he heard a faint voice gasp pleadingly, "Help me, please."

"Lumos," he shouted. Then he wheezed in horror at the sight his wand's beam of light revealed. There was a mutilated naked body huddled in the shadows. It appeared to be a young woman, but she was so bloody and matted with dirt that he couldn't be positive.

The horrifying sight worked better to clear his mind than any sobering charm conceivable. Immediately Harris performed a spell to put the body in stasis. It might already be too late, but any further blood loss would be disastrous; then he sent red sparks into the air, summoning aid.

* * * * * *


"Caitlin, Emily, wake up," Harry yelled urgently. "Poppy has just sent word that Jamie has been found. She's about to be Portkeyed to the infirmary."

"Is she okay?" Emily asked, jumping to her feet.

"Doesn't sound good," Harry answered truthfully. "She's been put in stasis. I've already sent an express owl to Alex. Poppy thinks she will need your help, Caitlin. Hermione is already on her way to the hospital wing."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Caitlin cried. She and Emily were out the door before Harry could say another word, neither girl taking the time to bother about dressing. Harry dashed hurriedly after them.

Harry was amazed at how fast the girls could run, especially considering that they were both in bare feet. He was out of breath when he finally caught up to them at the infirmary door. Severus and Katie had evidently as well just arrived and were about to enter. The Headmaster observed Emily and Caitlin's lack of clothing sternly, but considering the situation steered clear of making a chastising comment.

The five rushed into the room, and then froze, gasping at the horrifying site before them. Severus felt as if he were about to retch.

"What happened to her?" Emily cried out desperately as she gazed at the bloody mound, that was her sister, on the hospital bed.

Poppy just shook her head feebly. "I don't even know where to start," she said sounding helpless. "She's lost so much blood that I'm leery of taking her out of stasis. Caitlin, can you measure the extent of her injuries while she remains in stasis?"

"I can try," she said somewhat cautiously. "I just have to avoid full body contact. We don't want a recurrence of the Yule Ball incident, when I tried to help Emily and ended up putting myself in stasis."

"What if you just touch various parts of her body with your hands, one at a time?" Hermione suggested. "Not necessarily trying to heal them immediately, but rather just identifying the extent of the injuries."

"I can try that," Caitlin answered optimistically.

"Should I clean her up somewhat first?" Pomfrey suggested.

"No, I can tell more if the fluids remain," Caitlin replied. "The stasis will prevent any further contamination of the wounds. We can wait and sanitize her when we're ready to commence the healing process."

Harry and Hermione had tears in there eyes as they watched Poppy and Caitlin begin the examination of the motionless heap of torn flesh that barely resembled the beautiful young woman they both loved and thought of as a younger sister.

Caitlin, for reasons known only to her, started the examination with Jamie's feet. First she examined the right and then the left foot.

"All of her toes have been broken," Caitlin stated clinically, trying to control her deep-rooted emotions. "Spikes appear to have been driven through each foot. The damage is extensive, but can be mended.

"Ankles and knees aren't damaged, but both legs have broken bones," Caitlin announced as her hands gently stroked Jamie's gashed thighs. "Every inch of her body appears to have been whipped unmercifully, but thus far most of the injuries appear to be on the surface. They can be healed without scarring.

Caitlin placed her hand on Jamie's pelvis and gently pressed. "Not broken," she said with relief.

Emily gasped as Caitlin, in a business like fashion, moved her hands to Jamie's vagina and began probing it gently with her fingers. "A lot of tissue damage, but miraculously there doesn't seen to be any internal injures."

When Caitlin finally arrived at Jamie's breasts, everyone in the room, as one, shuddered. "Deep laceration on the right breast, left virtually severed." Caitlin looked up sadly. "I'm not sure if I can restore it as it should be."

Emily started to cry. No one deserved such cruel treatment, but especially not Jamie. She was such a good person.

Caitlin continued. "Broken nose, severe deep lacerations to both the left and right cheeks." She shook her head doubtfully. "Is it possible to turn her over?"

With Poppy's assistance, Harry and Hermione gently turned Jamie's lifeless body. Katie and Severus watched downcast.

"Spine intact; left shoulder blade cracked." Caitlin looked sadly at the numerous welts on Jamie's legs, back and bum. She thought to herself that Jamie must have been whipped ruthlessly well over a hundred times.

Caitlin was about to make an observation concerning this when something caught her attention. She separated Jamie's bum cheeks and tenderly removed the girl's wand that had been inhumanly shoved up her anus.

"Sick, fucking bastards," Caitlin cursed.

Neither Harry nor Hermione even considered reprimanding her for cursing.

"Did I miss anything Madam Pomfrey?" Caitlin asked dolefully.

"Just her head, I believe," Poppy replied. "Are there any signs of a fracture or a concussion?"

Caitlin started to concentrate, leaning down close to Jamie and placed both hands on her sister's bloody forehead. Unexpectedly, silver-while shining sparks emanated from Jamie skull and connected to Caitlin. The next thing Caitlin knew, she was on her knees, her face buried in her hands, her brain aching as though it were about to explode.

"What happened?!" Hermione asked concernedly, kneeling down to put her arms around her trembling daughter.

"I'm not sure," Caitlin gasped, trying to regain her equilibrium. Abruptly tears filled her eyes and she shuddered uncontrollably.

"I have her memories," Caitlin panted. "Don't ask me how, but suddenly I know everything that happened to her as if I had watched it in a pensive. It was dreadful." Caitlin started to throw up in revulsion.

Hermione and Harry just gaped incredulously at each other.

"Is that even possible?" Hermione finally asked, looking questioningly at Madam Pomfrey.

Poppy shrugged her shoulders. "Had you asked me that question a few years ago, I would have said, no. But now that I've seen your daughter do the theoretically impossible, I have to say yes. If she can heal with her hands and mind, it doesn't seem unreasonable that she would also be able to absorb thoughts, especially if the person carrying those memories would desire to reject them."

Madame Pomfrey was about to begin a cleansing charm, when Alex burst breathlessly into the room. "I Apparated to Hogsmeade as soon as I received your owl. How is she?" he asked, before seeing the motionless form.

"Oh! My God!" he cried, rushing to Jamie's side.

"Maybe, I should take Mr. Ward with me while you labor on Jamie," Severus suggested. Inwardly he was very uncomfortable because of Emily, Caitlin and Jamie all being unclothed.

Hermione shook her head. "Alex won't leave unless he's forced," Hermione said, knowingly. "Moreover, it's better he remain. For the sake of their relationship, it's vital that he know exactly what she went through and how much she suffered."

"Caitlin, she's cleansed and prepared," Madam Pomfrey informed. "Do you want me to take her out of stasis?"

"Not quite yet. Let me get into position first," Caitlin replied. "Mum, because of the quantity and severity of Jamie's injuries, I'm going to need your energy to help sustain me."

"What do you need me to do?" Hermione asked, supportively.

"I'm going to climb up on the bed and interlace my body with Jamie's," Caitlin explained. "I need you to embrace me as tight as possible so that your powers will augment mine."

Caitlin hesitated briefly before adding, "Clothing will hinder the transference of power."

Hermione nodded and then looked demurely at Harry as if seeking his consent to undress.

"Of course," Harry said, without hesitation. "Whatever is required."

Caitlin climbed into the bed and began to position herself as Hermione made to remove her robes.

"Katie and I should go," Severus said, tensely. He was turning extremely red. "We'll check back on Miss Zacherley later."

"Severus, there is no reason for you to leave," Hermione insisted. "You've already seen me naked on a number of occasions. Besides, I'm a naturist. You know I'm quite at ease being seen nude."

At the moment, however, Severus was more concerned with his own emotions, rather than Hermione's. He realized that there was a clinical reason for her getting undressed. He just wasn't sure he'd be able to look at her in a purely detached way. In Jamie's present condition, her nudity was distinctly NOT a sexual turn on. And he kept telling himself that Emily and Caitlin were young girls and that it was totally immoral to even consider having sexual thoughts about them. Hermione, however, was a different case entirely.

"Please, Severus! Let's hang about," Katie urged. "I mean, if Hermione really doesn't mind. I'd like to stay. I've read so much about Hyperempaths. This might be my only chance to actually observe them at work."

"I truthfully don't mind," Hermione said, removing her robes and revealing to the room that she was totally bare beneath them.

Hermione ignored Katie and Severus, who both appeared momentarily taken aback by her nudity. Harry, Emily, Alex and even Madam Pomfrey seemed to take her nakedness in stride.

"What exactly do you need me to do?" Hermione asked.

"Climb on the bed behind me," Caitlin instructed. "Then sort of mold your body to mine. Hold me tight and concentrate on sending your healing energies to me. Our combined powers should be strong enough to heal the majority of her injuries."

"The majority?" Hermione questioned, anxiously. "We have to put her back as she was."

"I'm going to try my utmost," Caitlin assured, gritting her teeth. "I'm concerned with her breasts and the extremely deep gashes on her face. They've already started to heal a bit on their own. I think there may be some inescapable scarring."

"There just can't be," Hermione cried, anguish evident in her voice. "Jamie was so beautiful. It's terrible enough that she has to carry the memory of this ordeal the rest of her life; she can't as well be reminded of it every time she looks in a mirror."

"Mum, you know I'll try. At this point I just don't know," Caitlin replied, her spirits obviously disheartened.

"I know you'll do your best," Hermione said, hugging Caitlin tightly. Caitlin's eyes went out of focus and she seemed to drift into a trance.

"Professor Potter, couldn't a memory charm be performed on Jamie so that she won't be haunted by recollections of this atrocity for the rest of her life?" Alex asked.

"Memory charms can be dangerous and aren't infallible," Harry replied solemnly. "The more traumatic the experience, the stronger the charm must be; the stronger the charm the more chance of latent brain damage. Even if successful, the strongest Memory Charm won't put a stop to nightmares. If Caitlin can heal her physically, hopefully time will help heal the mental scars."

At first, as they watched, there was no visible change in Jamie's appearance. Then Katie gasped and grabbed Severus's hand as the deep wounds left in Jamie's feet by the spikes disappeared before her eyes.

Katie's eyes went wide and her head shook in wonder. "How is it possible? How can anyone heal another person like that? I'm seeing it and I still can't believe it."

One by one the welts that covered Jamie's body vanished before their amazed eyes.

"What I'd give to just have a small level of her power," Madam Pomfrey said, visibly awe struck.

In a relatively short time Jamie's body was returned to its undamaged form with the exception of her face and breasts.

"You might want to turn away and not watch this," Poppy remarked, to the room as one.

"Why?" Katie asked. "I find this fascinating."

"Yes, it is," Poppy agreed. "Caitlin's powers have enhanced to such a degree that in most instances she no longer has to emulate her patient's injuries in order to heal them. I don't think that will be the case with Jamie's facial and chest injuries."

"Emulate?" Katie repeated, a horrified expression on her face. "What exactly do you mean by that?

"Hyperempaths heal in different ways depending on their ability and the severity of the injury," Poppy explained. "Because of her superior skills, Caitlin is able, in frequent situations, to heal without even touching the victim. In the case of a severe injury she does something that most Hyperempaths are not capable of doing; she actually takes on the injury and then as she heals her own body, the patient's body also heals."

"But what if the injury is of such severity that Caitlin can't heal it?" Katie asked. "What if the injury is life threatening?"

"That was our concern this past winter with the situation at the Yule Ball," Poppy enlightened. "We were concerned that the damage to Emily might have been too vast for even Caitlin to heal."

"And what if it was?" Katie asked uneasily. "What happens to the Hyperempath if the patient dies?"

"Normally, nothing," Poppy said. Unless, the Hyperempath has emulated the injuries in order to heal them; in that case the Hyperempath will also die. But that, fortunately, is not our concern today. Although Jamie's remaining injuries are horrendous, they are not life threatening."

Katie still seemed troubled and continued her questioning. "If Caitlin copies Jamie's remaining injuries, does that mean she'll suddenly display those horrible gashes on her face and have her breast practically lopped off?"

"Yes…a Hyperempath takes a great risk when they emulate injuries," Madam Pomfrey explained, "but it's the only way to possibly heal such terrible wounds completely."

"What if she can't heal the wounds completely?" Katie asked, dreading the answer.

"The patient and the healer both share matching consequences," Poppy answered somberly. "If Jamie has any enduring deformities or scars, Caitlin will share them."

"Why would anyone take such a risk?" Katie asked.

"In this case love," Poppy answered. "A great deal of love for the patient. Miss Potter is an extraordinary young woman."

Emily nodded her head in agreement with Poppy's remark. Caitlin was indeed astonishing.

"How will Hermione be affected by all this?" Harry asked, apprehensively.

"She is only acting as an energy booster for Caitlin," Poppy elucidated. "Other than being extremely exhausted, Hermione shouldn't be affected at …"

Poppy's last word was cut off by Emily's shrill scream. Caitlin's lovely face was suddenly covered in blood as an invisible knife slashed her. She seemed to shudder in agony as the same knife ripped her breasts, nearly severing the left completely from her body.

Katie gasped and collapsed to the floor in a faint. Severus was thankful for the need to attend to Katie; any excuse to turn away from the horrific scene unfolding in front of him. Harry, Emily and Alex all clasped hands in support.

"It's all up to Caitlin now," Poppy said gravely. "I hope she has the strength to restore them both."

"Be honest with us Poppy," Harry beseeched. "Do you think she can do it?"

Poppy hung her head. "That young lady, in years to come, will indisputably be the greatest Hyperempath our world has ever seen." She sighed. "There is just too much damage. In the Muggle world, Jamie would be scarred for life and definitely lose at least one of her breasts. Even with Hermione's added strength, I don't believe that Caitlin yet has the necessary power to right the lot. I'm afraid that both these girls will always carry some physical evidence of this tragedy.

* * * * * *

"Severus, what are you going to do about Caitlin and Emily?" Katie asked as they slowly walked back toward the teacher's quarters.

He looked at Katie guiltily. "I know, I should have reprimanded them for running naked in the corridors, but under the circumstances I didn't have the heart," Severus admitted. "Those two dumbfound me. It doesn't faze them even the slightest to be totally naked in the midst of a group of fully dressed people. I'll have to talk to Hermione and Harry about the girls being more modest."

"You've missed my point entirely," Katie replied. "I don't want you to admonish them or have Hermione or Harry get on their case; just the opposite, in fact. I think you should be more accepting of the reality that they are naturists."

"More accepting?" Severus questioned, intensely. "What do you suggest? I think I've been extremely tolerant of the whole nudist fixation. Might I remind you that it was I who fought tooth and nail to keep Harry and Hermione on the staff when public knowledge of their unconventional behavior threatened their jobs."

"There are two types of tolerance," Katie stated calmly. "Being truly tolerant means that you're open-minded and accepting of differences. I think your definition of tolerance falls more into the category of putting up with a difficult situation that you can't alleviate."

"Perhaps it does," Severus retorted, his voice growing louder. "But I find the whole concept strange and disconcerting. It goes against all rules of decency. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Hermione and the girls being nude tonight didn't bother you at all?"

"Caitlin and Emily didn't," Katie replied, remaining cool. "I think they both look adorable running around in the buff. They might be teenagers, but they both still have a sweet innocent ambiance about them. I'll admit that Hermione stunned me at first, but it wasn't her nudity; it was her beauty."

"Okay, since you're so accepting; what would you do, if you were me, to show your understanding of their lifestyle? Allow the girls to attend classes nude?" he asked mockingly.

"No! And now you're being ridiculous," Katie answered angrily. "I have no doubt that the girls would jump at the chance, but you know as well as I do that most parents, along with the Board of Governors, would never stand for it."

"Then what do you propose I do to show my compassion?" Snape asked, arrogantly.

"That's easy," Katie replied smugly. "Ten months out of the year, the girls abide by the school rules and wear a uniform to classes and meals. During the summer let them be comfortable and live as naturists."

"You can't be serious?" Snape bellowed. "You actually want me to allow them to scamper about the castle and grounds totally starkers. Have you gone mad?"

"Severus, what harm would it do?" Katie asked, almost pleaded. "The students are gone for the next two months along with most of the school personnel. Besides, the majority of the staff has already seen them nude on numerous occasions. They're two of our best students. Their lives appear to be in constant jeopardy. It wouldn't hurt anything and it would make them exceedingly happy."

"You're serious, aren't you?"

"Never been more serious," Katie said. "I have a special treat planned for you, if you do it."

"Are you trying to bribe the Headmaster?" Severus inquired.

"I prefer to use the term, entice," Katie replied sweetly.

"Have you considered Harry, Hermione and Jamie?" Severus asked. "After all, they're naturists, also. Should I suggest they also forgo their clothes? Perhaps we could convert the school into a clothing optional resort for the summer."

"Perhaps you should become accustomed to sleeping alone again," Katie retorted. "I was simply suggesting that you do something nice that wouldn't harm anyone. It's obvious though that you prefer to be an arse." Katie turned and stomped away.

"Where are you going?" Severus called after her, concernedly.

"Any place that you aren't," she replied sharply. "I need some fresh air."

* * * * * *

Monday, July 3, 2006


"Ronnie, if you can feed Timmy his breakfast; I'll be ready to go in about fifteen minutes," Sam shouted from the bathroom.

"I still can't believe they didn't contact us as soon as Jamie was found," Ron called back, his voice echoing hurt feelings.

"Ron, be reasonable. It was the middle of the night. They didn't want to wake us unnecessarily. Besides, what more could we have done other than offer moral support?" Sam questioned.

"You're probably right, but I still wish they had let us know right away. I wonder who they had watch Ben?"

"Probably Ginny," Sam replied. "They know that Molly spends most of the night awake, so they most likely figured that they wouldn't be rousing her. Don't take it so personal. They aren't disowning you; we're still their best friends."

"I know," Ron said, semi-reconciled. "Should we offer to keep Ben for the day?"

"That's a nice idea. We can stop by at Draco and Ginny's apartment before going to the infirmary," Sam suggested. "Ben will probably be eager to see his family and then he can spend the balance of the day with Timmy and us. I assume all the Potters spent the night in the hospital wing."

"Most likely. The note doesn't go into a great deal of detail," Ron responded. "Harry does ask us not to question Jamie about what happened." Ron shook his head. "I have a feeling that the poor girl went through a living hell the past few days."

* * * * * *

"Ron and Sam are going to stop by and pickup Ben on their way to the hospital wing," Ginny said explanatorily. "Should we go with them to visit Jamie or would you rather stop by to see her later today?"

"I can't go to visit her, at all," Draco replied uncomfortably.

"Why not?" Ginny asked, perplexed. "I'm sure she'd appreciate your coming."

"You don't understand," Draco bawled. "I'm the reason she's there in the first place. I can't face her knowing that I was responsible for the suffering she endured."

Ginny stared mystified at him. "What on earth are you talking about, Draco? You were with me when Jamie was kidnapped. Don't you remember? We were busy bringing this small bundle of joy into the world." Ginny looked down lovingly at little Molly, cradled in her arms.

Draco sat down and rubbed his face in his hands as if trying to erase a bad memory. "I lied to you about where I was the weekend of the final task," he admitted. "I wasn't helping my mother; I had been summoned to finally meet Lord Slytherin. I was there when he received the news that the Hogwarts team had been rescued from Fantastic Island. He was livid.

"Nott and I just stood there watching on tenterhooks as he ranted and raved. We both doubted that we would ever leave the room alive. Finally, when his anger subdued, he approached me. He had such a cold, uncaring look in his eyes.

"Nott tells me that you wish to join my ranks," Slytherin bellowed. "Yet you don't seem to be in any hurry to prove your loyalty to me. It has been months since you were assigned the task of delivering Professor Granger to me. Perhaps you need a stronger incentive."

"I'm sorry, My Lord," Draco pleaded. "She never leaves the castle."

"SILENCE," Slytherin roared. "I've grown weary of excuses. It is my understanding that you are soon to be a father. Is that correct?"

"Yes, My Lord," Draco murmured.

"Then I give you a choice," Slytherin bellowed. "Either deliver the Professor to me or I will kill your first born." Slytherin paced the room. "And don't be so foolish as to think that the walls of Hogwarts will protect the child from me. I designed the castle and can enter and leave it at any time I desire."

Draco wondered to himself, why Slytherin didn't just snatch Hermione, if that were the case, but he prudently held his tongue.

"Why Hermione?" Ginny interrupted fretfully. "What is Slytherin's fixation with her?"

"It's not Slytherin, but Damien that has the obsession with Hermione," Draco explained. "When The Great One returned the spirit of Slytherin to our time, it took possession of Damien's body. It was Damien who had so cruelly tortured Hermione and who is still fascinated by her. Slytherin's spirit controls Damien's body, but occasionally Damien's thoughts and desires bubble to the surface."

"I didn't know what to do; who to turn to," Draco sobbed desperately. "I was afraid to go to Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. If Slytherin could get into the castle, there was no protecting you and the baby. I again considered suicide as a way out, but I doubted that even that would secure your and the baby's safety."

"Then Hermione came to us and told us that she and Jamie were going to go into Hogsmeade," Draco declared. "It was my way out of this hell."

"You were going to actually give him Hermione," Ginny said, horror-struck.

"Not in reality," Draco quickly cut in. "I owled Nott telling him that Hermione would be in Hogsmeade the next day." Draco bit his lip. "I planned to tell Potter the whole arrangement in the morning. I didn't like using Hermione as bait, but didn't see any other choice. Potter could have the Order watch over her and thwart any abduction attempts. Hopefully, Slytherin would not blame me for the stymied attempt and we would all be safe.

"Then that morning, Molly decided to enter our lives. Hermione was helping with the delivery, so I didn't bother telling Potter about the plan. I knew she was safe. I wasn't sure if Slytherin would accept another excuse from me, but at the time my mind was occupied with more contented thoughts. I didn't for a moment consider Jamie to be in any danger."

"Slytherin, unfortunately assigned Crabbe and Goyle to pick Hermione off the street, total dimwits that they are. I know Jamie and Hermione bear a striking resemblance, but they're not twins. Those two idiots went to school with Granger for seven years and have seen her since, yet they screwed up and snatched the wrong girl."

"Are we still in danger?" Ginny asked.

"No, at least not at the moment," Draco explained. "Slytherin feels I did my part and that I'm not to blame for Hermione not going into Hogsmeade."

"Then everything ended okay," Ginny said matter-of-factly. "Jamie made it back safely. Everyone is out of harm's way. You shouldn't blame yourself. You had a horrible decision to make, but it all turned out fine."

Draco stared at Ginny, an astounded look on his face. "I'd hardly call it fine," he said vehemently. "Slytherin's first inclination was to kill Jamie."

"But thankfully he didn't and she made it home safely," Ginny proclaimed.

"You have no idea what you're talking about," Draco shouted. "Slytherin didn't just decide to good naturedly release Jamie. He gave her to his underlings and let them have their way with her. She was subjected to all manners of abuse and torture. His only orders were that she was not to be killed. He wanted her to be a walking message of what happens if you wrongly cross Lord Slytherin's path."

"Do you mean that she was…?"

"By just about everyone of his followers," Draco declared with revulsion. "A good number of them, numerous times. She was furthermore beaten, tortured and mutilated. I doubt even Caitlin with her remarkable powers can put right her cruelly disfigured body. Even if she can do the impossible, the girl will always have the memories. And I'm to blame for it all. Somehow I don't think that my going to her and saying that I'm sorry will be quite sufficient."

Ginny looked at Draco, then Molly, and then stared off into space, not uttering a word. She had literally no idea what to say.

* * * * * *

When Caitlin and Hermione both passed out from exertion the previous evening, Harry gently carried them each to a separate bed and then settled on a chair next to Hermione.

"I imagine you'll all be spending the night?" Madam Pomfrey asked Harry, Emily and Alex.

"If you don't mind," Harry said tiredly. "We all want to be here when they wake up." He glanced first at Jamie and then at Caitlin. "Will they both have those scars for the remainder of their lives?"

"Some, but not all," Poppy replied. "Dittany will help diminish the scarring. There will unquestionably be some faint scarring remaining surrounding the left breast, but considering the original damage, that's to be expected. The facial scars should fade away completely in a few days."

"It's amazing," Harry said, scanning Jamie's striking body. "It's almost as if the atrocity never occurred. Anyone who didn't see her before the healing wouldn't be able to fathom what she suffered."

"If only Caitlin had the power to heal the psyche, too," Poppy declared. "I'm afraid Jamie might be haunted by nightmares of this experience for the remainder of her life."

"Jamie's strong," Alex said assuredly. "It might take her some time, but she'll rebound from this experience."

"I hope you are correct, Mr. Ward." Poppy replied. "All we can do is be supportive and not push her. She is going to need time to adjust."

Madam Pomfrey said her good nights and then went off to her quarters that adjoined the infirmary. Alex and Harry settled into chairs next to Jamie and Hermione, each holding their loves hand. Emily crawled into bed next to Caitlin and cuddled her sister into her arms.

It was a few hours later, after they had all fallen asleep, that Jamie awoke. At first she was startled and bewildered. Then finally, she recognized where she was and who was holding her hand. The excruciating pain was gone, her physical suffering at an end. She saw her family sleeping in close proximity and understood instantly that Caitlin had healed her. She reached her unoccupied hand to her breasts and anxiously examined them with her fingers; she was relived that they were still there. She felt her face. The cuts were gone, but she wondered how awfully scarred she might be.

Despite her efforts to block out the memories, her mind returned her to that day and she began to cry. She felt like a used and battered slag. Even though the room was sterile clean, she felt dirty; she felt like she would never be clean again. She knew in her heart that she was going to lose Alex. He couldn't possibly want her anymore; not after what had happened to her. She sobbed. Their love had been so special and now… Now she felt like a soiled rag that would be tossed aside.

Alex stirred and then awoke. "Hi," he said, smiling at Jamie. "Welcome back. I imagine you know that you had us all rather worried."

"I was somewhat scared myself," Jamie said understatedly. "Not a vacation that I'd recommend."

"No, you didn't appear to have been treated very nicely," Alex sighed. "Thankfully your ordeal in over and you've been returned to us. I love you so much. I couldn't picture living without you by my side."

"Are you sure you still want me?" Jamie asked. Her eyes widened as she looked up desperately at Alex. "They didn't just beat and torture me Alex. They used me in every sick depraved way imaginable. I feel like a filthy village whore." She burst into uncontrollable tears.

"Jamie, I love you," Alex said, wrapping his arm around her quaking body. "I'm not going to say that what happened doesn't matter because that would be treating it in a frivolous uncaring way. It does matter; it was atrocious. I won't be satisfied until every one of the sick bastards is dead or residing permanently in Azkaban. But what happened doesn't change the way I feel about you. It just makes me that much more sure of my feelings for you. I love you. Nothing will ever change that."

"But they destroyed something special we had," Jamie sobbed. "You and I had only ever been with each other, now I feel like I've been shagged by the whole damn dark army."

"Nothing was destroyed," Alex said comfortingly. "We still have what makes our relationship special. You see, I consider shagging and making love as two entirely different things. We still have that special connection and always will."

"You mean you still want me?"

"How could you think otherwise?" Alex replied.

"You'll have to be patient with me," Jamie said. "It might take a little time for me to be comfortable being intimate after what happened."

"Do you still love me?"

"Of course, I love you," Jamie insisted.

"Then time is no problem," Alex replied. "I'd wait an eternity for you."

"I hope it's not that long," Jamie said, giving the glimmer of a faint smile.

"Would you like me to find other accommodations until you are ready?" Alex asked.

"No! I like you close and you holding me feels good," Jamie answered. "I'm just going to need a little time before we do the other stuff."

"Does the other stuff include kissing?" Alex inquired.

"No! Actually I could really use a tender kiss right now from someone."

"Would you like me to get either Harry or Hermione?" Alex kidded.

"Only if you want to die."

Alex leaned over and their lips met in a caring, affectionate, gentle kiss.

Harry squeezed Hermione hand. "They're going to be all right," he whispered.

Hermione smiled. Emily and Caitlin hugged each other happily.

* * * * * *


Madam Pomfrey had Dobby bring breakfast to the infirmary for everyone. She wanted to give Hermione and Caitlin a full examination prior to releasing them. She insisted, however, that Jamie remain in the infirmary for at least a few days.

It was nearly lunchtime when Poppy finally told Caitlin she could leave.

"You two better ask Madam Pomfrey if you can borrow hospital gowns," Hermione suggested. "The Headmaster didn't seem too happy that you were both nude last night."

"I had to be naked in order to treat Jamie's injuries properly," Caitlin insisted. "Besides he didn't have a problem with you stripping off your garments."

"That was poles apart," Hermione insisted. "It is not unusual for a Hyperempath to be nude when rendering care. I believe he was upset by the fact that you both obviously had traversed the distance for our apartment to here without any clothing. He won't tolerate you running about the castle starkers."

"I'll never understand why some people get so bent out of shape over nudity. It should be a matter of choice," Emily declared. "I don't insist he go naked; he shouldn't insist that I wear clothes. What does my being nude hurt?"

"Honey, we've had this discussion a million times," Hermione said with a sigh. "I agree with you, but I'm not the ruler of the world. When I become ruler, I'll declare the entire world clothing optional."

"Could you hurry up with becoming ruler then," Caitlin asked jokingly. "I'm getting more and more fanatical like Emily. I'm really beginning to hate the feel of fabric against my skin. I can't believe there was a time when I actually used to wear knickers." Caitlin shuddered at the thought.

"Do we really have to put on those awful hospital gowns?" Emily begged.

Hermione gave Harry a questioning glace. "Okay, forget the gowns, but go right to our apartment and try to avoid contact with anyone. I don't want you two getting on the bad side of the Headmaster."

Caitlin and Emily kissed everyone goodbye and then promised Jamie they'd return shortly after lunch. They checked the corridor to make sure it was empty before slipping out the door.

"Those girls! Sometimes I just don't know what to do with them," Hermione declared. "If they had their way, they'd never wear clothes."

"I noticed you haven't scurried to put your robes back on," Harry joked.

It was only then that Hermione became conscious that she was still nude from the previous night. She hadn't even thought to cover herself when Sam and Ron came to visit Jamie. No wonder Ron had acted so weirdly.

"I think I'm going to have to reclassify you," Harry said with a laugh.

"Pardon?"

"Don't tell me you forgotten the famous Potter Classification System, the PCS of nudists?" Harry asked.

"Oh! That!" Hermione laughed. "Of course, I remember. I even recall the four classes. The Fourth Class is the private nudist. That's someone who likes to be in the buff, but only when alone. They're always dressed if someone else is about. The exception being that some fourth class nudist don't mind being naked in front of their mates."

Second and third class are both recreational nudists. They have no problem being nude in a public nude environment. The third class tends to play it straight when out of the nudist atmosphere, where the second class continues to be nude as much as possible as long as they are comfortable with the people they are with. I remember you classified me as second class and you as thirds class," Hermione laughed.

"Then there are our girls, first class nudists all the way. If they could, they'd never wear a stitch. They don't care who sees them nude. They're not the least bit embarrassed. Given the freedom and safety to do so, they wouldn't hesitate to go anywhere starkers even if everyone else were fully clothed."

"Mione, you never cease to amaze me," Harry exclaimed. "Don't you ever forget anything you've read or heard?"

"I try not to. So, are you changing my classification up or down?" Hermione asked.

"Definitely up. I think you are ready to be first class."

"Harry, I'm nothing like the girls," Hermione protested. "I'm not an extreme nudist."

"True, unlike the girls, you wouldn't push the boundaries of naturism but you have to admit that your modesty factor has changed appreciably. Does it embarrass you at all any more to be seen naked?"

"No, not really, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to parade into Hogsmeade in my birthday suit, either," Hermione asserted.

"I doubt there would be many complaints if you did," Harry teased.

Hermione blushed. Harry was correct; a part of her would be quite content to forgo clothing. She wondered if, like the girls, she would be at ease naked in a world of fully dressed people. There was a time that the answer to that question would have been a definite no, but now she wasn't sure. Stranger still, was the fact that she'd like to have the opportunity to find out.

* * * * * *

"Will you and Jamie always have those scars?" Emily asked concernedly, as she and Caitlin made their way back to the Potters' quarters.

"Yes and no," Caitlin replied, unemotionally. "Madam Pomfrey feels that the dittany will cause the facial scars to fade completely away. I'm rather thankful of that. No girl wants to resemble Mad-Eye Moody. The scars on our chests are another matter. They'll fade, but the ones around the left breast especially will always be noticeable to the observant."

For a time they walked in silence, both lost in thoughts.

"It looks like we'll make it back to our apartment without being seen," Caitlin finally said, as they neared the teachers' quarters.

As if she had tripped a jinx, they turned the corner and nearly ran into Professor Bell and the Headmaster.

"We're sorry," Caitlin cried out nervously. "We know we shouldn't be out of our quarters in the buff, but last night we left in a panic and forgot our clothing. It won't happen again."

"Calm down," Katie said understandingly. "No one is going to reprimand you. How is Jamie?

"It's going to take her sometime to deal emotionally with what happened to her, but she'll be all right physically," Caitlin explained. "Except for a few scars, most of which will fade away."

Caitlin indicated the blemishes on her cheeks and chest. Severus cringed, remembering Jamie's initial butchered appearance.

"We're on our way to the hospital wing now to visit her," Katie said. "It's fortunate that we ran into you; the Headmaster has something he wants to chat about."

Katie gave Severus an obvious nudge.

"Ah yes," Severus said indecisively. "I wanted to talk to you about this whole naturist thing."

The Headmaster seemed unable to look at the unclothed students, instead his eyes seemed fixed on a spot on the wall behind them about a foot above their heads.

"Professor Bell has pointed out to me that I haven't been nearly as understanding of your choices in life as I should be." He gave a deep sigh before continuing. "Admittedly, I find your state of undress upsetting, but that is caused more by my dated way of thinking than by any harm your nakedness actually causes."

He took another deep breath. Evidently he was having a hard time groping for the correct words to express his feelings.

"I honestly don't understand naturism. Professor Bell tells me that it sort of boils down to you being as uncomfortable with clothes on as I would be without them."

Emily suppressed a giggle and nodded her head in agreement.

"You young ladies spend ten months of the year uncomfortable, forced to wear garments that you loathe. Since the castle is just about vacant in the summer, I imagine that it wouldn't cause a hardship if you were allowed to be comfortable for those two months."

Emily and Caitlin exchanged startled expressions. Had they heard the Headmaster correctly? They had expected to be chastised. Was he actually saying that they could spend the summer as true naturists?

"You're having a go at us," Emily blurted out.

Snape laughed in spite of himself. "I assure you, that I'm not."

"Just us or can others be natural, too?" Caitlin asked.

"I assume you mean young Timmy and your friend Miss Thatcher if she again visits at the end of summer. Certainly they may likewise be comfortable." Snape said. He was noticeably uncomfortable.

"I more meant adults," Caitlin replied. "Jamie, Sam, our parents?"

Severus noticeably gulped. "If they so choose, I imagine it would be acceptable." He glared momentarily at Katie, as if asking her what she had gotten him into.

"We can be nude all the time; anywhere on the grounds or in the castle. Even the Great Hall?" Emily questioned excitedly.

Severus nodded. Suddenly he felt as if he had opened Pandora's box and that all hell was about to break loose.

"We have to get down to the infirmary," Katie said, grabbing Severus's hand. "You girls have a wonderful summer."

"We will," Emily and Caitlin shouted happily in unison.

When Professors Snape and Bell turned the corner, the girls exchanged high fives. It was going to be a marvelous summer.


End of chapter one



My thanks go out to my betas for this chapter: Don, Ken and Mistri-Tonks' Admirer. If anyone would be interested in being a beta for this series, please contact me at the group site. Please be a good reader and take the time to review.

If you like to be advised of new chapters and get to read them first and in a non-censored way, then join Hogwarts Exposed.