Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 2 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 2

spacegal

Title: Harry Potter and The Darkness Year 2.

Characters: I got fed up with everyone trying to guess who is getting together so I'm making this clearer.

Harry/Hermione. Mia/Other Character. Draco/Other Character. Ron/Luna. Other will vary!

Rating: Teen/Mature/Adult

Disclaimer: I own nothing but two characters I made up. (If I did own them then book six would have never happened that way)

Summary: Harry and Co are back for the summer and for their second year at Hogwarts but more danger is blowing on the horizon and Hermione is in training but she didn't expect what training the trio went through before coming to Hogwarts.

Darkness Series: If first time reading this please read the first one otherwise you will be lost. Link will be in my profile at the bottom.

Books - 1-5 (Ending of five is different, Book 6 has no place in it, except the horcuxes, the only thing from book 6).

Chapter 1: The Summer Begins

Harry Potter woke up on the first summer morning. The sun was shining brightly through the window of his bedroom and he snuggled down deeper into his bed, pulling the covers tightly over his shoulders. He looked down at the foot of his bed and smiled when he saw his pure black husky lying there. The dog had been a present from Sirius when Harry had turned five and Harry loved the dog to pieces. Harry shivered with the morning chill and tightened the covers around him once more.

It may be summer in Britain but it was cold, and he knew he should just revel in it as the heat wave was going to get closer.

"Time to get up Harry!" Mia Black's voice called through the door. "Lover girl is going to be here any minute!"

Harry bolted up in bed as his wide eyes shot toward the closed door, startling the dog at the foot of the bed, who barked at Harry. "What?" he demanded.

"You heard me. Hermione is going to be here any minute. Better get yourself ready for her, lover boy," Mia shot back before she walked down the stairs. Harry bolted out of his bed, falling onto the ground with a hard thud due to his feet tangled up in his covers. The dog jumped off the bed and moved over to Harry, he sat down and cocked his head, watching Harry tangled up.

"Damnit!" Harry muttered as he slammed his hand on the ground before turning around and kicking the covers off his feet. He dashed into the connecting bathroom, shutting door with a slam.

Mia whistled to herself as she made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen where her father was sitting. Sirius was eating his breakfast as he read the papers when they both heard a thump and looked toward the ceiling before he turned to face his daughter. She sat down at the table, smirking and looking awfully proud of herself.

"What have you done?" Sirius asked and Mia looked up at her father with an innocent expression, pausing in filling her plate with her breakfast.

"What?" she asked and Sirius just arched an eyebrow, causing her to go on the defensive. "Why do you automatically assume it was me? It could have been Draco!"

"Draco isn't here and you just came down the stairs," Sirius reminded her as he turned back to his papers.

"Draco could have sent Harry a letter," Mia shot at him and Sirius shook his head as he turned the page.

"No alarm went off to let us know that any letter had arrived," Sirius told her and Mia scowled.

"Fine. I may have let it slip that Hermione was turning up in a few minutes," Mia shot at him. She looked at her father only to see that the papers were shaking slightly and his shoulders too. "Dad?" she frowned and Sirius dropped the papers, showing that he was laughing.

"You are too much like your mother," Sirius choked out, still laughing. "She did that exact same thing to James, only he was too scared to actually do anything back at her because anything he did, she could give back three times," Sirius explained once he calmed down. Mia rolled her eyes as she turned back to her breakfast as Harry came running down the stairs, looking around as he smoothed back his hair.

"Relax lover-boy, she's not here yet," Mia informed him as she took a sip of her pumpkin juice and Harry glared at her before taking his seat. He was dressed in a green shirt and black jeans and bare footed and his hair was still slightly wet.

Mia shifted herself in her seat; she wore mid-thigh blue demin skirt and a black-strapped top with her low-heeled sandals.

"When is Hermione supposed to get here?" Harry asked and Mia looked at the clock.

"Any minute now," she replied.

Hermione walked over to the door, she turned and waved to her parents. They both had wanted to meet Sirius and the children but they had an important meeting that they couldn't rearrange or miss so they had decided that they would see them just before the kids went back to Hogwarts. They had spoken to Sirius before Hermione had arranged to stay with them. Sirius had cleared the air about him being a so-called murderer. Hermione had told them the truth about him being accused of being a murderer and that he had been framed. They had hesitated to believe her, believing that she could have been easily fooled, but she was very adamant and they knew that when their daughter was firm about something, it usually meant that she was right.

Her parents had worried about getting the right house but Sirius had assured them that it was easily spotted. The houses on either side of the house that Sirius and the kids were living in were empty and there was big sign at the front of the gate that said 'Grimsom's house' was written clearly so that they knew they had the right place.

Hermione watched as the car drove off before she turned back to the door and knocked on it. This was going to be her home for the next two months as they were all heading back to Hogwarts together. There were barks of excitement behind the door and she could hear nails scratching at the door and a low whimper before the door opened.

Dee- Di, the house elf, opened the door and looked up while holding onto the dog's collar. "Welcome to the Grimsom's place," she told the visitor. Hermione Granger stood on the other side of the door, dressed in her jeans and a jumper with a jacket over her body.

"Hi, I'm Hermione Granger," Hermione greeted.

"Dee-Di welcomes Hermione Granger," smiled the house-elf before she took a step back, dragging the dog along with her. "Dee-Di wishes for Madam's forgiveness over Rex's excitement."

"No problem," Hermione told her as she stepped into the house and she looked around, impressed with the house. It had a warm welcoming feeling in it and it was definitely family lived in as she could see Harry and Mia's stuff all over the place. "Who does this cutie belong to?" Hermione asked as she patted the black husky's head, who turned his head and licked her hand, enjoying the attention he got.

"Mine," a male voice stated from behind her, startled, Hermione spun around to see Harry standing there with a smirk on his face. "You know, if I snuck up behind Mia, she would have kicked me out of the house, literally," Harry informed her.

"And you know it," a female voice agreed, causing Hermione to spin around once more and saw that Mia was standing behind her with a huge grin on her face. "Hermione!" she squealed as she rushed over and hugged the younger girl and got a rib cracking hug in return.

Hermione laughed as she hugged her friend back before they pulled away. "I missed you!" Hermione exclaimed and Mia shot her a smug look.

"Everyone misses me," Mia told her and laughed as Hermione hit her on the shoulder before they let go and Hermione turned to Harry and smiled slightly with a blush rising on her cheek.

"I missed you too," Hermione told him before hugging him and Harry hugged her back, enjoying the feel of her hair against his cheek.

"I missed you too," Harry told her.

"I see what you mean," a male voice stated, causing Harry and Hermione to break away to see an older black-haired man standing the doorway. He was leaning on the doorway with his arms crossed with a smirk shining on his face.

"Glad that someone does," Mia replied. Sirius laughed as he pulled away from the door and nuzzled Mia's hair with a fatherly affection before reaching a hand out.

"I'm Sirius Black, their guardian," he introduced and Harry arched an eyebrow.

"Not a very good one though as he taught us how to cause mischief," Harry shot back and Sirius chuckled.

"What did you expect?" Sirius asked and Mia snickered before shaking her head. Hermione just smiled as she shook Sirius' hand.

"It's nice to meet you," Hermione told him and Sirius nodded.

"It nice to put a face to the person that my daughter and nephews are always talking about," Sirius told her.

"Is Draco here?" Hermione asked and Mia shook her head.

"Nope. Now that the Wizarding World knows that Harry is alive, Lucius Malfoy has been keeping a tighter leash on Draco, poor guy," Mia explained.

"Draco's father works for the ministry - he's on the board of directors and has a lot of friends in Slytherin," Harry explained as Hermione looked at him. "Lucius still doesn't know about Draco and us so Draco is still safe there."

"How have you managed to hide it from Lucius all these years?" Hermione asked, curious to how they've managed to hide their friendship. Mia smirked.

"Easy when the man doesn't look beyond his own nose. All Draco has to say is that he is staying with a friend and Lucius agrees with it. He even phones us up just to make sure that Draco is here. We can change our voices so that we don't give the game away," Mia explained.

"But he should come up sometime later today, hopefully, if Narcissa can get away from Lucius. She is excited about meeting you," Sirius told her.

"As our water," Mia informed as she wrapped an arm around Hermione's arm and Harry rolled his eyes.

"You see?" Harry asked. "You see what I had to go through all year last year and probably for the rest of my life?" Sirius laughed as he ruffled Harry's hair while both girls' arched their eyebrow at the boy, who just shot them an innocent look in return.

"I'm sure they're not bad," Sirius told him before leading the way into the kitchen as Dee-Di followed them.

"Will Master Black be wanting food?" Dee-Di asked and Sirius' looked at his watch. "Not right now Dee-Di, but can you make your special dinner for us tonight, as Hermione is a welcomed guest," Sirius explained and Dee-Di nodded.

"Yes, Master Black," Dee-Di smiled before snapping her fingers and disappearing while Sirius shook his head.

"Every time I ask her to call me Sirius, every time she ignores me," he muttered.

"You own house-elves?" Hermione asked, curious and slightly shocked. She had read the house elves were treated as slaves.

"They're paid!" Mia and Harry both burst out as one, causing Hermione to look at them both, startled. Harry and Mia shared a sheepish grin. "Sorry," Harry muttered while Sirius' shook his head.

"Sorry about that, they tend to get upset if someone orders an elf around so they want to make it clear that our elves are freed and paid," Sirius explained and Hermione nodded.

"I'm glad that someone sees it that way," Hermione told them before she grabbed her bags. "Where do I put my bags?" she asked.

"Follow me," Mia told her as she took one bag and Harry took the other. They led the way up the stairs with Bast walking along with Harry.

They walked down the hallway and came to a stop two door to the right. Mia leaned forward and opened the door, allowing Hermione to step into the bedroom. Hermione walked in and took in the sight of her home for the next two months.

There was a large queen size bed in the room with a large wardrobe and two sets of drawers. There was also a dressing table near the window with a mirror on it. There were also bookcases filled with books, much to the happiness of Hermione.

"So, what do you think?" Mia asked and Hermione just shook her head, stunned at what had been revealed to her and Harry smiled.

"I think she's happy," Harry told Mia, who just grinned back before they moved over to the bed and set the suitcases down.

"We'll give you time to get used to your bedroom and unpack. Just come down the stairs when you're finished and we'll see about giving you a tour of the Grimsom's house. Hermione just nodded as Harry and Mia left the room, leaving her to her bedroom to enjoy.

Hermione finally came out of her bedroom and made her way down the stairs and walked over the to the first door. She opened it and saw it was the kitchen. She saw Harry, Mia and Sirius sitting around the table, looking over the paper when Harry looked up and smiled when he saw Hermione.

"Hey, finally managed to tear yourself away from your bedroom?" Harry teased and Hermione blushed slightly.

"Yeah," she told him as she moved closer when they heard the front door open and close, causing the other three to stand up from their seat.

"Hello!" a male voice called out and everyone made their way into the hallway where they saw Draco and Narcissa hanging their coats up. Draco turned and grinned when he saw them. "Hey!" he greeted as he and Narcissa moved forward. "Mum, this is Hermione Granger," Draco told her and Narcissa took in the young woman. "Hermione, this is my mother, Narcissa."

"It's nice to meet you," Hermione told her and Narcissa smiled.

"Yes, she is a curious one," Narcissa told her son, who rolled his eyes in amusement.

"Are we training today?" Draco asked and Harry nodded.

"Yeah, just basic stuff. We don't want to throw Hermione into the deep end straight away," Harry told him and Draco rubbed his hands.

"Weights and simple moves?" he asked as he followed Mia into a room.

Hermione looked around. There was one door on either side of the room. Weights and machines were all over at the far back of the room, and mats and body dummies nearer at the front.

"This is the training room," Mia explained to Hermione, catching her curious gaze. "This is where we train ourselves fighting and such. There are three other training rooms - one where we use our wands and wandless magic, don't worry, it's unplottable, you can do any magic here without the ministry bearing down on you. One where we use weapons and things like that because it's safer there and one where we will learn to do elemental magic."

"First we need you trained up on the basics before we go anywhere near the other two rooms. The elemental magic will have to be done when you come back here before your third year summer. If what the kids tell me is true, then we have a lot of work to get you into training. You need to get a better idea of your power core before you can attempt to use elemental magic - if done wrongly, it can kill you," Sirius explained and Hermione nodded.

"Do we have anything special for elemental magic?" Hermione asked and Harry grinned as he crooked his index finger, motioning Hermione to follow. He led her out of the room and over to another door that was across from them.

They stepped in and Hermione felt her breath get caught in her throat. There was a large pool at the far left of the room. The water was deep blue and sparkling off the sunlight that was shining through the windows. There was a large patch of earth at the far end of the room. Flowers were blooming; Hermione couldn't help but breathe in the sweet scent of the foliage. To her far right, there were huge candles surrounding the area while a small red circle was marked in the middle. In front of her was just a large empty space. The middle of the room was slightly white and there was an altar in the middle that had a pure white pillow on it.

"The pool is for you," Harry explained and Hermione looked at him. "Water?" he reminded and understanding dawned on her. "The earth patch is for Draco, the candles are for me, the large empty space is for Mia and the middle is for the elemental of spirit," Harry explained. Hermione pondered it all as she followed Harry over to the large dark brown cabinet that was next to the door that they just came in. He opened it so Hermione could look in.

Hermione saw the elemental weapons that Mia had found before their first year. She reached out and let her fingers gently caress the white staff with the dark blue crystal that adored the top. "Interesting," Harry stated and Hermione looked at him. "That you would go straight for the one that is meant for you." Hermione's eyes widen as she looked at him before looking at the staff. "Yes, the staff is for the element water, it's yours."

"What about the others?" she asked and Harry arched an eyebrow.

"Why don't you take a guess? You did very well when it came to picking out yours," Harry told her. Hermione took a deep breath before looking at the weapons once more and reached out and touched the sword.

"This is yours, fire," she whispered before touching the axe. "This is Draco's, earth," she touched the twin twist blade. "This is Mia's, air," she touched the sphere. "This is the element, spirit."

"Well-done," Harry told her and she looked at him, startled. "You got them correct. I guess water is more in tune than I thought." Hermione looked a bit confused and Harry smirked. "Are you telling me that I know something that Hermione Granger, the smartest witch to step in Hogwarts, doesn't?" he asked and Hermione smiled sheepishly. "Water is the most in tune element there is. It is influence by the moon, as many other things are. It makes sense you are more in tune about other people than you realise. It's probably why you distance yourself from us."

He closed the closet doors and led the way out of the room and back over to the training room where everyone was getting things set up.

"That's the girls' changing room," Sirius told Hermione as he pointed to the door to her right. "That's the boys' changing room." He pointed to her left and Hermione nodded as Mia moved over to her and stood next to Hermione.

"Do you want her to do weights first or just go on to simple tactics?" Mia asked and Narcissa eyed Hermione.

"Put her on tactics first then put her on weights. This gives us a more advantage of what to put her on," Narcissa told her and Mia agreed.

"Come on," she took Hermione's arm. "Let's go and get changed." Hermione nodded as they made their way over to the girls' changing room while the boys moved to their own.

Hermione looked around the room. There were two lockers, both bearing the girls' names.

"How come you have changing rooms?" Hermione asked and Mia looked at her.

"So that we don't need to run up the stairs and get changed and all that. Besides, it makes it easier. It's like being at a real gym," Mia explained as they move over to the lockers and pulled out their gym clothes.

Hermione pulled out grey sweats and a grey-strapped top and pair of trainers. She quickly got changed and pulled her hair back into a ponytail and turned to see that Mia was dressed the same way as us. "Let's rock and roll," Mia told her and Hermione smiled as they exited the changing room and stood at the exit.

They watched as Harry and Draco exited the changing room. They were dressed in grey sweat shorts and grey vests and trainers, and they moved over to the equipment. Everyone started stretching out and such; before they went on to do any physical exercises.

"So, how did you get into all of this? I mean, where did you learn everything?" Hermione asked.

"The army," Mia told her and Hermione looked at her, stunned at what had just been revealed to her.

"The army?" Hermione asked and Mia nodded.

"Yep, and the navy. We also had kickboxing, karate, judo and such," Mia explained and Hermione looked at her.

"How did you get into the army and such?" Hermione asked.

"Harry's Grandpa Evans - he was in the war and people owned him a few favours, dad called them in and they trained us. Don't worry; you won't be going in because of Hogwarts. We had to use time-turners and all that and let me tell you, that one was big huge nightmare. We were totally exhausted after we used them - don't know why anyone think those are a good idea," Mia shook her head before looking at Hermione once more. "We'll teach you how to sneak into places without anyone even knowing you there. How to sneak kill someone and all that," Mia explained and Hermione nodded, paling slightly. Mia smiled, gently. "I know it seems really scary but, believe it or not, this actually does get easier after time because it's second nature. Besides, think of this as self-defence. No man would ever be able to lay a hand on you unless you permit it."

Hermione thought about and nodded, smiling.

"That actually makes it better," Hermione told her and Mia nodded as she watched Hermione look around the room before sighing.

"I'm never gonna catch up," she told her and Mia wrapped an arm around Hermione's shoulder.

"Do what I do, watch them to see how they do, break it down step by step then give it a go," Mia explained and Hermione sighed as they moved closer to where Sirius was standing with the pads on his hands.

"What's this about?" Hermione asked.

"You need to practice your punches. This helps you build strength behind them," Mia explained as she wrapped bandages around her hands and wrist, leaving her fingers free and Hermione copied her.

"Wait, what about protection?" Hermione asked and they looked at her. "How did you all protect yourself?" she asked and Mia smiled.

"We had dragon hide protection when using spells, knifes and all that. We used body protection that the police used from gunshots and that. We also took potions to reduce our stress. It was better for our body to get used to stress and all that because we are gonna be under a lot of stress when Voldemort comes back," Mia explained and Hermione nodded, satisfied with the answer for the now.

"Right, jabs first," Sirius told Hermione. "Watch how Mia does it," and Hermione nodded, concentrating. Mia stepped up to Sirius and punched her boxing gloves together before lifting both of them up to her face.

"Always have one near your head so you can protect your face while your other hand does the punching, and always swap over," Mia instructed. Mia then jabbed her right hand into Sirius' right hand pad before pulling it back into her face and used her left hand to jab into Sirius' left hand pad before repeating the action over and over again, each time getting faster and throwing more weight behind them.

"Always try and punch as hard as you can, ignore that little niggling voice at the back that tells you that violence is a bad thing," Draco stated as he came to stand next to Hermione, wiping the sweat off his face.

"You finished your work out?" Mia grunted out as she hit Sirius' hand once more before pulling away and taking a deep breath before looking at Hermione. "And remember to breath during the jabs, it won't do anyone good if you pass out," she teased and Hermione laughed.

"Yep, I've finished. Harry is taking up the weights at the moments. You're welcome to the press up and sit ups," Draco told her and Mia shot him a sarcastic grin.

"Oh gee, how lovely of you," she told him and he shot her a wink.

"I try," he drawled back, causing Mia to roll her eyes while Sirius just watched them in amusement before turning to Hermione.

"How about it? Want to give it a try?" he asked and she nodded as she stepped forward and mimicked the stance that Mia had adopted earlier.

"If you are unsure, think of someone you hate," Harry offered as he came up next to them. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with a towel before draping it around his shoulders and Hermione looked at him, arching an eyebrow.

"And that should be you, huh?" she asked, causing Sirius to laugh.

"She's good," Sirius stated and Harry shot him a grin before turning to Hermione.

"How about Snape? You seem to hate him? Or that girl in Ravenclaw you always seem to hate too but never mentioned her name," Harry reminded, causing Hermione to glare at him.

"Don't remind me," she muttered before turning back to Sirius and started her jabbing, catching him off guard.

"Oi!" he exclaimed.

"Sorry," Hermione told him with a sheepish grin while Draco, Mia and Harry hid their laughter behind their hands.

"Next time, give me a warning," Sirius muttered as he moved back into stance. Hermione started her jabbing once more while Mia moved over to the weights with Draco following her to spot her.

Once Hermione had gotten more confident in her jabs, Sirius called it off and shook his hands after he took them out of the pads.

"That's enough, you don't want to overexert yourself too much," Sirius warned her and Hermione nodded as she stood next to Harry.

"Right, weights," Harry told her as he led the way over to the equipments. "You'll need to do sit ups and push up, stretching and lunges before you go onto any weights otherwise you'll give yourself sore muscles," he warned and Hermione nodded. He started showing her some basic moves of stretches and lunges and Hermione copied him.

Once she had finished her warm up, Harry led her over to the weights. She lay down on the bench and raised her hands and gripped the bar. Harry helped her lift it off the hook after he had changed the weight, making sure it was easy for Hermione to lift it up.

He stood back and watched as she moved the weight up and down, counting as she did so. He had learned his lesson of not counting and ended up overexerting himself and ended up with muscle soreness, which was something he didn't want Hermione to go through.

Once it seemed like Hermione was getting tired, he helped her lift the weight and placed it back into place and helped her up. He handed her a towel and she wiped her sweat away before he handed her a bottle of water, which she gulped down, causing Harry to reach out and take the bottle.

"Slow down, take a few sips at a time or you'll make yourself sick," Harry warned her and she nodded as she took the bottle back and took a few sips, taking Harry's advice when Sirius called out.

"Okay, I think that's enough training, dinner time," he called out and Harry looked at him, hope shining briefly in his eyes.

"Dinner?" Harry asked and Sirius nodded.

"Yeah, go and get cleaned up. I'll call Dee-Di," Sirius told them before he left the training room and the kids made their way into the changing rooms. They had a quick shower and got changed back into their normal clothes while dropping the workout clothes into the hamper and made their way out of the training room.

They entered the kitchen where they saw Dee-Di was setting the jugs of juice on the table while Sirius helped another house elf carry the plates and sat them on the table. Narcissa took the glasses and the cutleries and set them down on the table while the kids sat down.

They waited till Sirius and Narcissa sat down and Hermione looked at the house elves, who made their way back into the kitchen before looking at Harry, slightly confused.

"They refuse to eat with us when it's not Christmas. We force them to eat with us on Christmas day because they are a part of our family but they refused to eat with us during the normal days," Harry explained.

"It's a part of who they are," Mia added in and Hermione nodded as she tucked into her dinner.

Soon the kids retired to the living room, where they talked about what could happen at Hogwarts next year and what Dumbledore would try to do to them. Narcissa had almost blown a fuse when she heard about Dumbledore placing a tracking charm on Harry and turning Mia into a portkey. Narcissa took a look at the time.

"I better get back home before Lucius find me missing," she told Sirius before she looked at the kids. "Draco, I'll tell your dad that you are staying at a friend's house. Be aware - he will give you a phone call," she warned him and Draco nodded.

Sirius took a look at the time and smiled at Narcissa before looking at the four of them. "Okay kids, bed time," Sirius told them and they made their way up the stairs.

The reached the top of the stairs and Mia smirked.

"Dvds?" she asked and the three of them grinned back as they stepped into their bedrooms and got changed into PJs.

"Whose room are we in?" Hermione asked as she came out.

"Harry's," Mia told her as she came out, holding her quilt and pillows.

"Should I…" Mia shook her head.

"Nah, you can share a bed with Harry. We tend to watch horror films during sleepover so that way you have someone you can cling on to. Besides, I don't like nail marks in my arms and I don't think Harry would like it if you were clinging on to Draco," Mia teased. Hermione blushed slightly as Draco and Harry came out from their bedroom. Draco was carrying a quilt and pillows too.

"Are you two going to stand there and gossip all night?" Harry asked, confused about the girls' actions.

"We're just coming, give a us a break," Mia told him, exasperated before she pushed past Harry and made her way into his bedroom. She settled herself on his floor while Draco did the same thing.

Hermione and Harry looked at each other before Harry motioned to his bed and Hermione climbed in it before settling herself under the covers and he took up his space on the bed next to her.

Harry looked around. He and Draco were wearing their t-shirts and boxers. Mia was dressed in her blue shorts with a black-strapped top with the words - I love my sleep, but I hate you written across it. He smiled when he turned to face Hermione and saw that she was dressed in her light white trousers and a white top with the words Sleeping Angel written across it.

He turned to face the TV while Mia slipped a disk into the DVD player and switched the TV on while Harry grabbed the remote from his bedside table and switched it to the correct channel for the film to start playing.

The door opened, causing everyone to jump slightly when they saw Rex standing the doorway. He let out a little yip before moving closer to Mia as the door closed behind him and the girl shook her head as Rex lay down.

"You silly dog," she teased before scratching his head and settled back down to watch the movie.

"What movie are we watching?" Hermione asked and Mia picked up the box and looked at it.

"Dog Soldiers," Mia replied and Draco grinned.

"This ought to be good," Draco, told her as they all settled back into their normal places and watched the show.

Sirius was sitting in the living room, reading when it started chiming. Startled, he looked up to see the clock had struck 12o'clock and he shook his head, amazed at how long he had been down in the living room for.

He got up and placed the book that he had been reading on the table before making his way up the stairs to turn in for the night when he felt something pushing him over to Harry's door.

Sirius opened the door and looked in only to smile when he saw the sight. Mia was cuddling into Rex, who was lying down next to her, sleeping. Draco was sleeping, hugging his quilt close to him. Sirius looked up on to the bed and saw that Hermione had her head rested on Harry's chest while Harry had his arms wrapped around her waist, holding her close and an similar image came to Sirius' mind, causing his eyes to widen as he closed the door and headed into his bedroom.

He walked over to the shelves that were above his TV and pulled a thick album out and sat down on the bed before resting the book across his lap and he opened it.

He turned to the page where there were two babies sleeping together in a cot, the male baby had dark messy black hair while the female baby had brown curly hair and looked up at the picture that was on the wall. It was a picture of Lily, James and Callie standing together, laughing. He shook his head before turning back to the picture and he smiled before closing the album and got himself ready for bed.

He had a feeling that was life was going to get very interesting from now on.

TBC

Thanks to my beta and her never-ending patience for my mix ups!