Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogsmeade by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogsmeade

jms granger

A Life Sized Tony Adams

As Harry was rummaging in his pockets for his key he could practically hear Kate's discontent at how long he was taking. They were still damp from their jump and now that night was approaching it was starting to get a little colder, and by her slight shuddering he could tell she was ready for a cup of tea, a jumper and a sit down by the radiator for the evening.

"Get a move on Harry, Pleeeeease?" she said giving him a little tight hug in order to make him hurry up. She lived by the belief that a hug is the best incentive you can have in life.

"I am Hurrying…got it" he said as he opened the door, where Kate quickly nipped past him and skipped of quickly into the house shouting "Hi", going in deeper she went in the direction of the kitchen.

Harry followed her slowly through the corridor towards the kitchen, pausing to retrieve a couple big jumpers for them from under the stairs, where the dry cleaning was always kept. He would of usually have gone up stairs to his room but he was in a bit of a hurry to make sure Kate didn't embarrass him to much with stories of his `near-choke fall', as she delighted in calling it.

Pushing open the door he saw that Kate hadn't started the story yet, but was busy making herself a cup of tea. He passed her the jumper, and after she put it on quickly she gave him a hug, his reward for doing it.

"So how was your day, my little Marauder?" his mother said, adding her pet name for him.

"It…" Harry started but Kate cut him off with an excited voice.

"Fantastic, Lily!" she said having finally made her tea she took a sip, smiled as the heat filled her before continuing "The beach was gorgeous! And most of those horrible holiday makers have already gone home, so it was quite empty!" His mother laughed lightly at Kate's excitement,# and her shudder when she talked of the tourists "Oh, and I just love those shoes! Where did you get them?" she practically squealed taking a step closer in order to look at them better.

"Oasis" Lily replied smiling "How much do you think they were?"

Harry looked at them, and had to admit to himself that he just had no idea. They just seemed like normal plimsolls, but with sequins.

"About £40?" Kate asked genuinely interested.

"£15 in the sale, you should go. They've got some gorgeous tops in there, if I was a few years younger I'd have bought the whole shop!" Lily explained, Harry might as well have been invisible while his mother and Kate gossiped, so off in their own world they usually became.

"You have sooo got to take me next week, we'll make a day of it!" Kate said helping herself to a seat.

"Maybe" his mother said. Harry doubted that Kate could tell but he knew something was wrong, his mother never gave just a maybe to a girly day of shopping. "So what else did you get up?"

"We finally got to do our pier jump!" Kate explained to Lily, who frowned like she did every time this subject was brought up, she favoured Harry's opinion to the idea.

"Are you getting my baby boy to risk his life again this week?" Lily said in pretend harsh, both Harry and Kate knew it was pretend because his mother absolutely adored her.

"You know that no one can get Harry to do anything he doesn't want to do, just look at his hair!" Kate said with a pretend sigh, like she his messy hair was the bane of her life and all she could do about it was sigh nowadays. Harry knew that if he stayed that both Kate and his mother would tease him for at least another half an hour, maybe all night knowing them.

"I like it" Harry said truthfully "People don't gawp at my scar like this"

"I think it's cute!" Kate said smiling sweetly at him "matches your lightning wit!" she teased gently.

"I'd love to keep listening to this, but unfortunately I need a shower" Harry said smiling.

"Dear, I've been telling you that for weeks!" Kate teased making his mother nearly choke on her tea as she laughed mid drink.

"You should of seen him when he was younger…" his mother started, Harry noticing that Kate inched herself closer in preparation of another embarrassing story of his youth.

"Bye mum" he said giving her a kiss on the cheek, and after giving Kate a quick kiss he went off upstairs to his room so he could get his clean clothes to change into after his shower.

As he walked into his room he smiled, he had always been allowed to do what he wanted with his room but that hadn't mattered to him too much when he was younger. When he started going out with Kate though that changed completely, Harry often joked that the only reason she said yes to him was because of his room. Within a month of getting together she was quickly adopted by his mother as a surrogate daughter, and she went to work on making the room her place. In the last year she had painted the walls twice, once a green that she said went with his eyes and the other a blue for hers. At the moment though she had done all four walls in one long, square Murial of the Vatican. She said this was because of the beauty and in no way because of the Catholicism, which she was eager to point out whenever anyone asked. Her mother was a strong Catholic and Kate had rebelled against her like the daughter of drunks often do, and thus the religion was vilified in her eyes because of her mother. But he still thought that deep down she was Catholic, just unwilling to let her mother `win' that one.

As well as the walls she had literally littered the room with allsorts of things from pillows to lampshades, which often had to be changed as her taste did, which was very often. Harry's favourite thing was the pull out couch that they had bought so she could stay over some nights. Naturally in such cases she never actually slept on it, but it was great to relax on reading a book, or to sit together and watch a film for the evening.

Harry chuckled to himself as he thought of once when Kate was ill and had refused to share a bed with him, and also refused to sleep on the couch. In this instance he ended up spending a restless night on it, which turned out to be slightly too small for his body, so his feet couldn't fit. Kate really was his boss, but luckily for him she was a nice and cute boss.

As he made his way over to his wardrobe he paused to look at the letter that was so central in his life at the moment, a letter that he hadn't yet told his mother or Kate about. Scanning the lines he had read so often over the last week he felt the flitter of excitement in his stomach at the thought of it, before he folded it up and put it away.

After retrieving his new clothes from the wardrobe he gave a little salute to Tony Adams. Tony Adams was a life sized cardboard cut out of his idol, the ex-Arsenal centre back. Not only was he captain of Arsenal Football Club for more than a decade as well as England, but he was also the bane of Kate's life. It was, as she said, the one thing that wasn't perfect in their lives, and she would never marry him if Tony came with him. Bidding him a small sad smile for his one day `death', Harry left to take his shower.

*

Harry sat on his bed, looking once more at the letter, he was wondering when he should tell his mother and Kate about it. He knew he should, but he couldn't hide the worry he felt as well as the realization that this was his first secret for a long time, which was probably the cause of his worry. He heard a tap on the door and he could barely stuff the letter under his pillow before Kate came bounding into the room, a suspicious look appearing on her face as Harry tried to plant a casual smile on his own.

"What was that?" she said eyes narrowing as she eyed him, and then the pillow that lay on top of hidden letter.

"Nothing" Harry lied, badly, making Kate's eyes got even more narrow, she wasn't use to Harry lying to her "So what are we doing tonight?" After a moment hesitation she sat down next to him giving a little hug and once again was acting normally.

"Nothing" she said with a little tut "Lily needs to talk to you about something. She wouldn't tell me what" she said with a shrug. Harry was confused, he had never heard anything like this, his mother actually setting out time for a conversation with him instead of just having one. Then he remembered how she was acting slightly weird before, not jumping at a girly shopping day, and thinking more on it he didn't think that she looked at him the whole time. Things didn't seem to add up, but at least he'd find out tonight.

"Penny for your thoughts, smelly?" she asked teasingly.

"I just had a shower!" he said indignantly to which Kate giggled slightly.

"Guess that means it's a real problem then, if it won't go away?" she teased more earning a little tickle in the ribs from Harry. As she squirmed out of his grip he couldn't help but smile. He grabbed her as she tried to struggle across the bed away but brought her face close to his.

"Have I told you I love you today?" he asked giving her a kiss.

"Nope" she said pulling away from his kiss "and that doesn't count!"

"Good, I'd hate to have lied to you" Harry said in mock relief watching as she gaped in, what he hoped was, pretend anger.

"You're terrible!" she said hitting him in the ribs to get him off her before climbing of the bed. Harry took a moment to pretend that the punch had hurt him before turning around to look at her. As he looked at her he noticed she was staring at something next to him, and as Harry followed her line of sight he saw that during their wrestle the letter had been brought out of its hiding place.

"What's that?" she asked curiously "And why would you be hiding a letter from me? And then lying about it?"

"It's nothing?" Harry said grabbing the letter and shoving it into his pocket.

"Why the hell are you lying about a letter?" she said suspiciously. Harry thought for a moment but couldn't think of a good excuse.

"Honestly, it's nothing important" he said looking away from her to avoid her stare. She walked up to him and sat down next to him.

"Is this something to do with that Lucy again?" she asked calmly, but Harry could tell that she was in fact just hiding her anger.

"I promise you it's not about her" he said looking into her eyes, earning a little nod of acceptance from her.

"Then what is it? Please tell me…" she said giving him a little hug, advance payment for him being honest.

"Ok, I'll tell you…but you have to promise you won't keep on going on about it, ok?" he said.

"I can't promise that!" she said indignantly, like Harry had tried to make her agree to kill someone. In spite of himself Harry had to laugh.

"Ok, you know Reading got promoted to the Premiership this year?" He started to explain, Kate nodded to pretend that she knew that information "Well since they got promoted they've put some money into their youth team, now they can attract better youngsters their taking advantage of it. I mean who know how long they'll be in the Premiership… they'll probably be relegated next year. So anyway, they've been scouting all around the country, especially close to them, and being in Bournemouth and all meant they saw quite a bit of me, and somehow they must have heard good things. Anyway they wrote to me to ask me to go to a trial next week. I didn't want to tell you because it probably means nothing"

"Means nothing!" she said throwing her arms around him in a done crushing hug "This is brilliant! Oh it's perfect! I'm so proud of you, Harry!"

"Don't get carried away, I doubt I'm good enough to tell the truth" He said trying not to get carried away with the possibilities.

"Nonsense!" she exclaimed "I know you'll do brilliantly at this… football… interview… thingy!"

"Don't get ahead of yourself" he said, even though her optimism was starting to rub of on him.

"There's so much to do!" she exclaimed in amazement "I've got to tell my college I won't be going! Oh, I better apply soon to one in Reading…"

"That's getting ahead of yourself!" Harry said kissing her, but she withdrew quickly in order to carry on talking.

"My Mother won't care, and if she does it won't matter. I can probably get a transfer of my weekend job to a Library in Reading, there all joint in someway or another" she said making a plan of what she had to do, all of a sudden though she let out a little high pitch squeal before laughing "Imagine me being a footballers wife! It'll be just like that TV show! Oooh, I hope I get to be that that evil bitch!"

"Honestly honey, please don't get ahead of yourself because you're taking me with you, and if I do I don't think I'd be able to take that rejection" he said simply, trying to calm his racing heart.

"I thought you would of gotten use to rejection a long time ago!" she teased giving him a proper kiss and pushing him backwards onto the bed.

"I'll let you know that I've never been rejected!" he said kissing her neck softly.

"Never?" she asked seriously.

"Never" he said kissing deeper just behind her ear, a place he knew worked wonders.

"Not even once, by a beautiful brunette?" she said seriously making Harry laugh

"That sooo doesn't count!" Harry said kissing the line along her jaw and listening softly as she murmured her agreement of his kissing technique.

"And why don't I count, Mr. Potter?" she said running her hand up the back of his shirt.

"Because I got you in the end. You knew it was the right thing" he said running his hand up her jumper and along her stomach.

"That's not it, I just felt sorry for you" she said undoing the buttons on his shirt.

"With a girlfriend like you, who wouldn't?" he said earning a scoff from her, and a slap on his now bare chest.

"How about you shut your mouth for a bit…" she said pulling Harry's mouth up from her neck to meet hers "and put Tony away, he's not allowed to watch"

*

That's the first Chapter, or Chapter two if you count the prologue. What did you think?

Are you wondering why not much has happened yet? Well I'm setting the context. Read the next chapter for plot development

Wondering why Lily's alive? I'm not going to tell you that one yet!

Please let me know what you think, and read the next chapter!

Jms Granger…

-->