Unofficial Portkey Archive

School Yard Crush by [x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

School Yard Crush

[x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters or the Harry Potter world

A/N: Ok I thought about this for a little bit I have decided to write a "Hermione" part for this story. Only because you kind of don't know what she is thinking and for the rest of the story it is kind of needed.

********************************


Hermione

Here I am walking through the halls of my new school trying to find my maths class. I had already felt unwelcome not just once but a few times as I walk around aimlessly. First there were some popular girls who laughed when I asked them which way Maths was, then I bumped into a group of boys down another corridor. They seemed more interested if I knew what "root" meant. I of course rolled my eyes at them and walked on, in the wrong direction might I add. Here is a little bit about myself:

My name is Hermione Granger. I am nineteen years old and am originally from London, England. If it wasn't for my stupid parents I would still be over there with my friends. Of course life never plans out the way you want it. My dad got a job offer over here and seeing as he had wanted to live in Australia he took it. Even though I argued with him about moving, he didn't listen to me. We arrived three weeks ago and got settled into our new home. I must admit it was bigger than the house in London but I missed my home. I was enrolled in school and took the rest of the two weeks relaxing before school started.

So here I am trying to find my way to the Maths classroom, feel like an absolute outsider.

*********

Finally I found the room I was looking for. The door was open so I stood there watching the class for a few seconds. Everyone looked so bored and the teacher was talking about sequences or something. I knocked lightly and the teacher looked up over at me.

"Is this Maths?" I asked quietly. After the teacher nodded I walked into the classroom and looked around for a place to sit. Everyone was staring at me except for one guy sitting towards the back of the room. For some reason I was drawn over to him. Maybe it was because he wasn't staring at me like I was some sort of freak. I walked over and stood behind him, expecting him to look up. When he didn't I decided to make a stand.

"Can I sit here?" I asked him. Instead of looking up and answering he just nodded his head. He is a lost cause I thought to myself. I pulled the chair back and sat myself down. I opened my bag and pulled out my maths book and my pencil case which had massages all over it from my friends. As I looked back up I saw the guy looking at me. He wasn't saying anything just staring as if I had grown an extra head.

"Do I have something on my face?" I asked, his cheeks flushed a light red colour before he shook his head and went back to looking at his hands. I sat there listening to the teacher talk about sequence functions and took some notes before a piece of paper fell on my book. I picked it up and looked down at the messy handwriting.

I had to laugh at what Harry had written. Thinking for a minute I took my pen and began to scribble my response down before throwing it back in his direction. I sat their listening to the teacher, when Harry laughed quietly next to me. It was then the teacher had finished up the lesson. I neatly put everything back in my bag and made my way out of the classroom. As I walked down the hallway I ducked into a little crevice, hiding from everyone. I stood there and saw Harry stop just in front of me. For a moment I thought he knew I was there. He looked to his left and then to his right. He was obviously looking for someone. Sighing loudly he walked off. It was then I came out of my hiding place and walked in the direction I had just come from.