Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts: Once More With Feeling! by Ancient Werewolf
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts: Once More With Feeling!

Ancient Werewolf

Chapter 2: Lovely Announcement

Once they reached to the Great Hall, Dumbledore stood up and cleared his throat. "Today I wanted to address something important. As you all know, Harry Potter has defeated Voldemort.

"Some of you come from families who have told you being against Muggles and Muggle-borns is fine. Some of you now know it's not. Some of you still believe in blood purity. Do any of you know what was that finally defeated Voldemort? It was love... You see..." Suddenly music filled the air, and some people groaned, realizing what would happen.

The old wizard, much to everyone's astonishment, jumped on the Staff Table, started moving to the rhythm of the music and sang, "The power of love is a curious thing

Make a one man weep, make another man sing

Change a hawk to a little white dove

More than a feeling that's the power of love," everyone in the Great Hall watched on, unable to tear their eyes off the scene. "Tougher than diamonds, rich like cream

Stronger and harder than a bad girl's dream

Make a bad one good, make a wrong one right

Power of love that keeps you home at night.

You don't need money, don't take fame

Don't need no credit card to ride this train

It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes

But it might just save your life

That's the power of love

That's the power of love."

Snape and Hagrid walked over to the front of the Staff Table, standing on either side of Dumbledore, and sang along with him. "They say that all in love is fair

Yeah, but you don't care

But you know what to do

When it gets hold of you

And with a little help from above

You feel the power of love

You feel the power of love," they stood there, also swaying to the music, but the old wizard continued alone. "It don't take money and it don't take fame

Don't need no credit card to ride this train

Tougher than diamonds and stronger than steel

You won't feel nothin' till you feel

You feel the power, just the power of love

That's the power, that's the power of love," and then again the other two sang along with him. "You feel the power of love,

You feel the power of love

Feel the power of love."

When the song ended, a deafening silence fell on the Great Hall. Hagrid smiled sheepishly and sat back on his seat, but Snape took off running with a horrified expression on his face. Dumbledore shrugged and smiled at them, unperturbed by his own performance. He sat down on his own seat and hummed the song he had just sang.

Ron looked at his two friends in disbelief. "I have the feeling today's going to be a long day..." Harry and Hermione nodded dumbly.

-

Remus and Tonks were the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers that year. Because of this, everyone always looked forward to their classes. The werewolf and the Metamorphmagus had made it perfectly clear that they were not dating, and were just friends. Yeah, right, most people thought.

Today, being so weird with everyone breaking into song all the time, the class was even funnier and embarrassing. Especially when the young female teacher started singing in the middle of Lupin's explanations. The werewolf stared wide-eyed at her.

"My beloved werewolf and me

We go everywhere together

Wearing a raincoat that has four sleeves

Gets us through all kinds of weather

He will always be the only thing

That comes between me and the awful sting

That comes from living in a world that's so damn mean." That was one of the funniest (yet serious) thing anyone's ever heard, but Tonks had ran out of the room as if it was on fire, and Lupin had forgotten about the class, taking off after her.

After that, the three Gryffindor friends had headed off for their next class. They had to avoid a group of girls that started singing as Harry walked past them, "I need a hero

I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night

He's gotta be strong

And he's gotta be fast

And he's gotta be fresh from the fight."

The raven-haired boy shuddered as he rushed to the Charms classroom. Hermione opened the door and heavy rock music escaped from inside. "All the small things!" She closed it quickly, and turned to her friends.

"Um, let's wait until Professor Flitwick... calms down," she said, trying not to burst out laughing. Ron was red and shaking, and Harry was feeling much better after the singing fans encounter.

"What is going on, though?" Harry asked after a moment.

"I bet it has to do with your brothers," Hermione said, narrowing her eyes at Ron. "It's too much of a coincidence."

The redhead blinked, and then his eyes widened. "I think you're right... Do you remember when you told us why you hated April's Fools, last year?"

Of course, how could she forget about it. She often felt so dumb for telling them what had happened to her so many years ago. Both of them thought it was funny that her parents messed up with her clocks, and that she was up at six o' clock in the morning on a Sunday, school books under one arm and lunch bag on the other hand. She still resented her parents for doing something like that to her, their only child! The Grangers, of course, always told everyone about that day, laughing as if it was so funny.

She stared uneasily at Ron. "Yeah, so...?"

"Um, I think they overheard... I remember they said something about a big surprise for their next birthday, when Ginny and I were getting ready to board the train at the start of the term," he explained.

"And what does it have to do with her?" Harry asked, blinking confusedly.

"Well, they said they talked to Hermione's parents and learnt about Muggle musicals," Ron said with a shrug. "They liked what your parents did to you, I guess."

Hermione groaned. "I can't believe this!"

Harry chuckled and nudged her. "Hey, it's not that bad. It might be the only chance we get at hearing you sing!"

She glared at him. "You'll never hear me singing."

"Me neither," Ron said. "I don't have anything to sing about, anyway..."