Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts: Once More With Feeling! by Ancient Werewolf
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts: Once More With Feeling!

Ancient Werewolf

Chapter 4: Foolish Love

Harry's heart was racing as everyone clapped at the blushing girls. Who was Hermione singing about? Whoever it was, Luna must've known. Ron was quite amazed, next to him, staring at both girls. "Um, never knew they could sing like that..." was all he could say.

The raven-haired boy nodded dumbly, in agreement. He was going to say something, when they heard a familiar voice snapping at everyone. "Everyone back to your classes!" Snape was fuming, probably because some people kept snickering, remembering his participation on Dumbledore's song and Harry's song in the morning.

Just as everyone was scrambling away from the angry professor, more music filled the air, Snape sighed and sang, "Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight

Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight..."

Everyone left him singing alone, trying to erase the memory from their heads.

-

Care of Magical Creatures couldn't have been any more interesting. Especially when Hagrid started singing, "I was working in the lab late one night

When my eyes beheld an eerie sight

For my monster from his slab began to rise

And suddenly to my surprise

He did the mash

He did the monster mash

The monster mash

It was a graveyard smash

He did the mash

It caught on in a flash

He did the mash

He did the monster mash."

Most people just shook their heads as Hagrid danced with one of the dangerous creatures he was supposed to teach them about.

Harry looked at Hermione nervously. "So, you're not going to tell us who you were singing about?" he asked for what seemed to be the millionth time. Ron rolled his eyes and the girl glared at her raven-haired friend.

"When are you going to let it go? I sang. Yay. You can go ahead and laugh now. Just leave me alone!" she snapped as she got up to leave. She looked at her classmates and pointed at the dancing Hagrid. "And that's not even funny!" With that, she left.

"What did I do?" Harry asked as everyone stared at him.

-

Ron sighed as he finally saw Luna. Because of Snape's song, he had lost her in the crowd. Now that he found her, he didn't know what to say. Harry was behind him, whining about Hermione. But he didn't care, not now, when he felt something tugging at his heart as he watched the blonde girl.

Luna looked at him curiously and smirked when music could be heard in the background. Ron smiled sheepishly, cleared his throat and forgot about the people staring at them. Harry had even stopped complaining and watched on with interest.

"Wise men say

only fools rush in

but I can't help

falling in love with you

Shall I stay

would it be a sin

if I can't help falling in love with you..." Luna's smirk turned into a nervous smile as the redhead continued singing. "Like a river flows, surely to the sea

Darlin' so it goes, somethings are meant to be..

Take my hand, take my whole life too

for I can't help fallin' in love with you,

for I cant help falling in love with... you."

It seemed that for the first time, that day, the singer didn't bolt out of sight. Instead, Ron proved to be a true Gryffindor and stood his ground, looking at the girl he, now everyone knew, liked.

Luna giggled slightly and walked up to him, stood on the tip of her feet and kissed him on the cheek. Around them everyone started clapping and cheering for them.

-

Harry sighed. He was alone now. Ron and Luna were in some broom closet, snogging their brains out, and Hermione was nowhere to be found. It seemed today everyone was getting together or hating each other. By the end of the day, there were less outbursts of singing. Either whatever spell was thrown at the school was getting weaker, or everyone had said (or sung) everything they wanted (or not).

Harry didn't care. He just headed to the library. Before he could walk in, someone bumped into him. "Hey!" he cried out, reflexively.

"Sorry," a female and very known voice said. It was Hermione. She looked up and realized who he was. "Oh... It's you," she muttered, but didn't look angry. She looked sad, and Harry couldn't help feeling emotional.

"Bloody hell..." he muttered before a soft melody rang through the air. Some people at the library started to leave, but when they saw who was going to sing (again) they sat down on the floor around the couple.

"Call the Creevy brothers!" one Ravenclaw exclaimed.

"Shut up, he's about to start!" yelled a Hufflepuff.

Harry gulped as he began the song, "Looking at the pages of my life

Faded memories of me and you

Mistakes you know I've made a few

I took some shots and fell from time to time

Baby, you were there to pull me through

We've been around the block a time or two

I'm gonna lay it on the line

Ask me how we've come this far

The answer's written in my eyes.

I've lived, I've loved, I've lost, I've paid some dues, baby

We've been to hell and back again

Through it all you're always my best friend

For all the words I didn't say and all the things I didn't do

Tonight I'm gonna find a way."

Somehow, Neville was there, next to Harry, singing as a back up. "Every time I look at you, baby, I see something new

That takes me higher than before and makes me want you more

I don't wanna sleep tonight, dreamin's just a waste of time

When I look at what my life's been comin' to

I'm all about lovin' you."

The music sped up a bit as Harry continued, "You can take this world away

You're everything I am

Just read the lines upon my face

I'm all about lovin' you!"

And the chubby Gryffindor sang along, "Every time I look at you, baby, I see something new

That takes me higher than before and makes me want you more

I don't wanna sleep tonight, dreamin's just a waste of time

When I look at what my life's been comin' to

I'm all about lovin' you."

"All about lovin' you," Harry said in the end.

The first thing Neville noticed as he stepped away (very embarrassed) was that there were more people than before. In fact, maybe half of the student body was there, cheering. Didn't they have anything better to do? Apparently not.

Harry decided to follow Ron's example and not run off. Not that he wanted to, anyway. He stepped towards her, actually. "I understand if you don't feel-"

He didn't get to finish his lame acceptance of 'rejection', because his best friend of seven years threw herself at him and kissed him fully on the lips. The cheering and whistling was long forgotten, and all that mattered to them was each other.

The crowd dissipated quickly, but two figures stood there, grinning at the kissing couple. "It seems I was right again, George," one of them said.

The other sighed dramatically. "I suppose so, Fred."

Harry and Hermione pulled away slowly and looked at them. Hermione narrowed her eyes at them. "You two!" she exclaimed, stepping towards them. She looked ready to kill - for a second. Then, to the guys' surprise, she smiled at them. "Thank you!"

Harry didn't know what hit him, he just knew he was being kissed again. He didn't mind. Not at all. He was really considering sending the Weasley twins a big amount of gratitude in the form of golden coins.

From then on, Hermione looked forward to April's Fools.

-

Songs used:

Limp Bizkit - My Way (or the Highway): Harry

The Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch: random students

Huey Lewis and the News - The Power of Love: Dumbledore (and Hagrid and Snape)

Eels - My Beloved Monster: Tonks

Various - Holding Out For a Hero: fan girls

Celine Dion & Luciano Pavarotti - I Love You Then I Hate You: Ginny and Draco

Macy Gray - I Try: Luna

Celine Dion & Barbara Streisand - Tell Him: Hermione and Luna

Various - Somewhere Out There: Snape

Misfits - Monster Mash: Hagrid

Various - When Fools Rush In: Ron

Bon Jovi - All About Loving You: Harry