Unofficial Portkey Archive

Cry by PunkPrincess
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Cry

PunkPrincess

A/N: This story takes place in Lily and James 6th year. Just thought I would get that out there, because we all know that Lily and James get together in their 7th year. So, onto the story then!

*Lily*

I was starting to choke up. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. My lips were quivering from the brief contact they had just made. I couldn't concentrate on anything but this feeling of pain that suddenly hit me.

"I HATE YOU!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The tears broke through, and I fell to my knees. My breath was coming in small gasps, and I had to force the air in. I clutched my chest, ant tried to take in the air. It was painful and it was hard, but I kept trying. My face was soaked, and the ground was already wet from fallen tear drops. My hair was turning dark red from the wetness coming from my eyes, and the emerald was shining too dully, as if it were being killed.

Standing motionless in front of me was the messy-haired bane of my life. His body had not moved one inch, and he was staring at the wall in deep concentration. He just stood as I struggled for breath. He just stood as my face became an overflowing lake of tears. He just stood as I screamed at him.

"I HATE YOU!!!" I repeated, the pain becoming more and more intolerable. I fell to the ground and beat my fists into the floor as my sobs came forcefully from my small quivering mouth. I glanced up and saw he was still there, unmoved from the position he was in before I had fallen.

He stared, not at me, but at the area of wall where my head had been before I had fallen to the ground. I clenched my hands into fists to try to block out the pain that was coursing through me. I took in another forced breath, and looked up again. He was still unmoved, but his eyes had finally moved down to me. The look in his eyes, pain, sorrow, and hurt, would have normally hurt me, but I was in too much pain to feel anything else hurtful. I was in more pain than I ever had been before, and I didn't even know why.

"I HATE YOU!" I screamed again. He just looked at me. I let loose another wave of sobs, and fell back to the ground, still forcing the breaths into my lungs. I felt broken, but I didn't know why. I just wanted to die. And then out of nowhere I felt a pair of strong arms pick me up, and carry me over to the couch. I looked at the face and saw him holding me like a baby in his lap. I struggled to get out of his arms, but he wouldn't let me go. I started crying harder, and beat my hands against his chest, harder and harder, knowing that even though he didn't show it, he was in pain. "I HATE YOU!" I screamed into his chest again.

With every beat into his chest, "I HATE YOU!"

"I HATE YOU!"

Another hit.

"I hate you… I hate you… I hate you… I hate you so fucking much," I muttered quieter and quieter with each statement.

"I hate you… I hate you… I hate you… I… I love you… God Damnit James, I love you!" I cried into his soaked shirt. I still continued to beat my fists into his chest.

"I love you so fucking much James. Haven't you been able to tell? I try to be around you as much as I can. I don't yell anymore… I stopped getting onto you about Snape… James, can't you tell?"

James said nothing. Just started stroking my hair and wiping my tears away. I beat my fist into him again. "I'm confessing everything to you! Why aren't you saying anything? What are you thinking?" I questioned him. He just kept stroking my hair and wiping away my never ending tears. I was so frustrated. The pain wouldn't go away, still pounding into my heart, still clawing at my lungs, still clogging up my throat. I began to cry even harder, and again tried to pull myself away from his comforting arms. This time he let me go, and I stared at him for a moment. He looked at me apologetically, and sighed, looking down. I took that for my chance to leave, so I turned to run. When I got the portrait door I heard a small voice whisper something.

"I loved you," he whispered, then got up and walked to his dorm room. With that I broke down again, and I just collapsed. My head slammed into the floor, and everything went hazy. I was in hell it seemed. I couldn't even force the breaths anymore. I couldn't stop the tears from falling to the floor my head was rested so painfully on. I couldn't stay conscious, and I lost all control I had left, falling into black nothingness.

A/N: so I hope you liked! Stay tuned for James POV next chapter!

-->