Unofficial Portkey Archive

Full Circle by gti88
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Full Circle

gti88

This challenge has to do with Harry dying and coming back from the dead at one point…I'll try to keep low on the angst, but it must be there because of the nature of the challenge…

Disclaimer: All JK, but the plot

Chapter I: Remembrance

"Avada Kedavra," Harry and Voldemort simultaneously shouted.

The streaks of deadly light met in the middle between them, and formed into a large, ominously glowing green ball. Time stood still, as the curses separated, and hit their respective targets in the blink of an eye. Neither had time to react.

That was two years ago.

Since then, Ron Weasley and Luna Lovegood had formed a family of their own. Two children filled their lives with happiness - Madelyn and James.

Hermione Granger had overcome her wartime trauma, and was well on her way to graduating from the Auror Academy. It had been re-established and improved after Voldemort's death.

One particular Saturday morning, Ron was attempting to make a knot in his tie, but he was failing miserably, and giving up in frustration, he left to look for Luna - she knew how to tie knots.

"Morning, Loony," he said and kissed her on the lips before grabbing the customary cup of morning coffee. "Could you please help me with my tie?"

"Certainly love," Luna smiled, and she walked over to him.

"Thank you"

"I had the strangest dream last night," she said, as she fiddled with the tie, and Ron smiled inwardly, "I dreamt that Harry is alive."

This was a sensitive issue for Ron. He never completely overcame the loss of his best friends, and his wife had a talent for bringing topics like these in conversation as calmly as if she were talking about today's weather.

"Is that so, love," Ron said. "It was just a dream. That's all it was," he sighed sadly, and headed out on the balcony in the sunshine. Luna, in the meanwhile, left the kitchen to check on the children, and raise them for the day ahead.

Hermione was supposed to come by Ron's house to come with them to visit Harry's grave. The second anniversary was today. He had noticed that when Hermione spent time around his family, her spirits lifted as well. Otherwise, she always remained somewhat distant. Probably because of Harry, but she never said why.

The lady in question rang the bell of the Weasley household precisely on time. Luna opened the door, and met the newcomer with a smile.

"Come in, Hermione."

Hermione stepped into the household, and greeted with a grin of her own. She was dressed in a subdued black dress, and carried a red rose in her left hand.

"Are we ready to go?" she asked.

"In a minute" said Ron.

Two hours later, a Ministry official showed them to where Harry was buried. Neatly trimmed grass surrounded his grave, and a granite headstone was engraved with a relief of his face, and the dates of his birth and death.

Hermione stepped forward, and laid the rose to rest at the base of the headstone. She paused for a second, as her fingers traced Harry's engraving, and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I know, Hermione, I know," Ron said softly, kneeling beside her, "we all miss him, but he's in a better place now."

"Oh, Ron," she wailed and he hugged her, letting her cry freely against his shoulder.

Hermione had felt the loss more intensely. The reason, Harry and her had been engaged merely a week before Harry lost his life, and since then, she never completely recovered.

Luna laid the bouquet she and Ron had brought, and she observed a minute of respectful silence as well. Sullen, the three of them turned and headed back towards the Ministry car. James and Madelyn were walking alongside their mother, and they were crying, although they had not the faintest idea why. One day, that knowledge could to be revealed to them, but not now.

Later that night, when the children had been put to bed, Luna joined her husband in the living room of their flat. He was sitting on the couch, a faraway look in his eyes.

She sat down beside him. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing, honey, just reminiscing," Ron answered. "All the crazy things Harry, Hermione and I did back in Hogwarts…"

"Mmm, yes, you three were inseparable back then," Luna told him. "You always had to run away on some adventure with them when I tried to have you all to myself."

"I know, but we had to do it," Ron said tonelessly.

"Ron, you still haven't told me how you finished Voldemort, and why it cost Harry his life," Luna suddenly said. "You promised you'd tell me one of these days."

"Ah, so I did," Ron replied. "Well, the story is quite exciting, but before I begin, we need to go back to Harry's grave tomorrow, so I can show what started Harry on his quest, a year after he was born."

"Do we have time tomorrow?" Luna asked.

"Yes, I think we do."

A/N There's chapter one…kind of tame, but the next one will be more intense…expect to see Ginny and…well, enough spoilers for now. Please review!

-->