Unofficial Portkey Archive

Full Circle by gti88
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Full Circle

gti88

OK…that spell, d'you know what it says? If you guess it, you win a cookie :p

Other than that…onward with the story

Disclaimer: JK owns the characters, except the plot…

Chapter III: Oh, Woe is Me

"Hello, Hermione," he simply said

She still could not find her voice. The shock of seeing Harry, standing alive and well before her, rattled her to the core. It was not logical that he be alive. She looked at him again. Those eyes, Hermione could recognize anywhere, and this person in front of her was most certainly her best friend. Ironically, that conclusion was the most logical one.

"H…hi," she stammered. "Is this really…really you, Harry?"

"Yeah, it's me, Hermione," Harry told her.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, as she ran and flung her arms around Harry, clutching him as tightly as if he was a mirage that would fade away.

She felt a pair of strong arms envelop her as well.

"I'm happy to see you too," he breathed in her ear.

It was a few minutes before Hermione released Harry from her grip, and grabbing him by the hand, she dragged him inside her flat. Outside, Ron and Luna followed closely, barely daring to believe their own eyes.

Mutely, they entered the flat as well.

Ron's mouth was open in awe. He realized that the story Luna had charged him with telling her was going to become more…involved.

"My dream was true, Ronald," Luna said vaguely. "Harry is alive."

As the shock wore down and comprehension finally took a firm root, questions began to surface.

"Harry, what brought you back to us? It has to be very dark magic to rise someone from the dead," Hermione observed.

"I don't know, Hermione," he said. "What I do remember is that I suddenly found myself in a confined space, and it was raining. I couldn't recall much else, other than that someone was saying a spell, a girl, I think it was."

"What happened after that?" Ron inquired.

"There was pain. A lot of pain," Harry visibly shuddered. "I was carrying something or someone, and then my memory is blank. My last memory is standing in front of Hermione's door."

Harry's cryptic explanations offered scant insight into his return among the living, save for one - there was a spell involved. Hermione wondered what it could be. She had heard mention of a terrible spell, used last over a thousand years ago, to resurrect an evil, the likes of which the world had not seen in millennia. The tale of horror, as Hermione had read, continued to describe the heroics of Merlin and other famous wizards of the time, who defeated the force, but at an enormous price, which included Merlin's life. Since then, the obscure spell had been banned from being taught, written, or mentioned, until, years later, it was largely forgotten, and few knew of its existence.

Hermione strained her knowledge further. What was that spell? Three vague words flashed in her brain.

Enoevarb Odaedeth Morfesir

With another jolt, she realized this spell had been employed to resurrect Harry. Only one person Hermione knew would be desperate enough to do it - Ginny. The redhead had been very reclusive since Harry's death, and was completely transformed from the vibrant person she was before. Now Hermoine knew the reason for Ginny's self-imposed isolation. She was searching for the spell.

Ron looked at her with wide eyes - the look he gave her when he knew she was connecting facts together, and about to burst forth angrily when she had assembled the truth about the matter. Luna, as usual, had regained her absent expression, despite the fact that a living corpse was standing in the room with them.

"Ron, did you find something in the graveyard when you went to visit?" Hermione asked carefully.

" I think we did…Luna, give Hermione that book we found on the ground," said Ron.

"Here it is," Luna reached in her purse and pulled out the tome Ginny must have had dropped earlier. Hermione flipped through the ancient pages, her features becoming more and more disproving.

"It is as I feared," Hermione declared gravely, as she pulled a strand of long red hair from the cover. "It was Ginny."

"What did Ginny do?" asked Ron.

"She gave Harry his life back," answered Hermione. "And you, Harry, did you not have the faintest inkling that it was Ginny you were carrying back, perhaps to the Burrow!" she turned to the black-haired man, her voice raised.

"I told you, Hermione, it was like I was acting on instinct," Harry said. "I didn't know it was Ginny I carried back."

"Didn't you at least recognize the Burrow? I mean that it should've been obvious then that happened!" Hermione snapped as her frustration grew.

"But -" Harry started in a higher tone, but was cut off.

"Don't tell me you weren't able to see now!" Hermione practically shouted.

"Excuse me, but I didn't ask to be brought back, now did I?" Harry retorted in an aggravated voice.

"Neither did I, but why did you carry Ginny back? She practically treated us all positively terrible for the last two years, and yet you have the decency to…to…" she didn't finish, but sniffed angrily instead.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" Harry fired up all of the sudden. "I went through hell on earth to defeat Voldemort, and I was finally at peace! Why should I have to be in this hell again?"

"It wasn't my idea, believe me," Hermione shouted through tears.

She could not understand why she was angry with Harry. He hadn't done anything wrong, but yet, here she was, taking out all her pent up frustrations on him.

"I missed you, Harry," Hermione said in a subdued tone. "Don't get me wrong, I am happy you're back, but I wouldn't go as far as disturbing your peace," she dissolved into sobs and fell on the couch, crying into one of the pillows.

"Mate, it's good to have you back," Ron clapped Harry's shoulder, to confirm that he was real. "You don't know what it's been like without you around."

Harry sighed. He had been forcibly thrust back into the world he was happy to leave behind, and it seemed the Chosen One was back in business, he thought bitterly. This time, to fight the battles of the heart, but whether he would succeed, he strongly doubted.

A/N Chapter three is done and done…next, we get to see more of Ginny, and yet more drama…in the meanwhile, I'd appreciate it if you leave a review

-->