Unofficial Portkey Archive

Black's Secret by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Black's Secret

Konflickted

A/N: I thought this might be an interesting little short story. Something for you all to nibble on while the next big story is in the works. Let me know what you think.

**********************************************

Black's Secret

Prologue

Sirius Black looked at himself in the mirror. He was thankful he had shaved before he had left the house, though he knew he needed to get back soon before his absence was noticed. He looked behind him in the reflection where she lay so peaceful and serene, he was certain she really was asleep and not pretending. He studied the curve of her small breasts hidden under the black satin sheets. Her honey colored hair was a stark contrast to the black satin pillow, her mouth puckered rather alluringly while the rose colored lips had darkened from his kisses.

`She really is quite lovely,' Sirius thought as he watched her rhythmic breathing rise and drop her breasts from under the sheet. He smiled, despite himself. He was never one who was able really to care wholly for anyone. Not since James and Lily had Sirius loved anyone. Then came the young man, Harry, his godson, and Sirius had learned that he could love again.

Not to say that he loved the young woman in the bed, though. She was a delight to be with no doubt, and some years his junior. Wholly, she had been untouched before Sirius had come across her, and she was smitten, no doubt. He loved talking with her and he loved making love with her. She was eager to learn the secrets of the older man. He had been surprised at how smart she really was, and he loved to make her laugh.

"Going so soon?" She asked sleepily as she propped herself up on her arm. Her wispy hair fell away from her face, the smooth skin inviting and glowing. Sirius smiled at her as he buttoned his shirt.

"You know I hate that it has to happen this way, Celeste," Sirius said as he tucked the tails of his shirt into his pants. She nodded.

"I know," Celeste said as she roused herself more from her sleep. She pulled herself into a sitting position. "I know it isn't a wife you run home to, but still I feel a bit slighted by your responsibilities."

"You are a dear, Celeste, and when this is all over, I will bring you to my home and introduce you to my godson," Sirius promised as he lowered his mouth to hers. She allowed him to kiss her, and she warmed to him, her arms circling his neck.

"I know, I know," Celeste murmured as she released him. "The Order must come first. It is for the good of all we are."

"Yes," Sirius agreed as he slipped his shoes onto his feet. He looked at her and smiled. "Dumbledore says he doesn't believe it will be too much longer."

"I know," Celeste said crossing her arms and pouting slightly.

"You look like a child when you do that," Sirius reminded her gently as he pulled his coat on over his shirt.

"You forget, Sirius," Celeste murmured. "I am not that much older than your godson, Harry."

"Nothing about you, Celeste, is ever forgotten," Sirius teased as he lowered himself down for one last kiss. He stood finally and went to leave. "Take care of yourself and I will be back soon."

"I love you," Celeste murmured. Sirius continued out the door, pretending that he did not hear her confession. Celeste heard Sirius close the front door to her little one room flat as he left and she threw herself back against her pillows.

Soon, he would return. Soon, this forsaken war would be over. Soon, Celeste and Sirius could bring their relationship out into the open. Soon couldn't come fast enough for Celeste though. Soon would never come, though. A week later, at the ministry and in front of his godson, Sirius was dead, killed by his own cousin and blood. There was no funeral, as there was no body to be buried. Celeste would never hold him in her arms again.

*********************************************

A/N: So that is where the prologue leaves us for now.

-->