Unofficial Portkey Archive

Tell Me On A Sunday by Br0ken.Dolly.x
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Tell Me On A Sunday

Br0ken.Dolly.x

Tell Me On A Sunday

Chapter Three - It's Not The End Of The World

She'd gathered a bag of clothing, underwear and other essentials then apparated away, while heartbreakingly, Draco drank himself further into a stupor. Now, his need for drink fuelled by a melancholy air and a desperation of facing life alone and lonely, at that. She found herself perched on the stoop outside of the wooden backdoor which would open to reveal Molly Weasley's kitchen; she'd come to her childhood home for the night, to The Burrow. Tears swam in her chestnut eyes. She was filled with a strange sadness and disappointment, she had thought she'd have been so good for him.

Somewhere within her she knew that it wasn't going to kill her, she wouldn't die simply because she'd left him, even if it felt that way tonight. Tomorrow the sadness would still, perhaps, be there but the day after that? A year later? She knew she'd feel none of this anguish, so tonight she would cry and hurt and tomorrow, tomorrow she was leaving England. It was spontaneously decided and yet all at once she knew that was what she needed to do. She didn't think she could stand to see knowing looks from her family, risk bumping into Draco and definitely knew her heart wouldn't last the distance should she ever see him with another her. The replacement Ginny Weasley in Draco Malfoy's life was something she refused to watch occur. Bitch. She hadn't even been found and already Ginny hated her.

She hated Ron for bringing it all out in the open. Hated Draco for being so bloody obvious. She was happy, or at least happily deluded when she could pretend he didn't have a drinking problem and wasn't shagging anything with a enough oestrogen in it. Ignorance had been bliss. At least she'd been able to share a bed with someone, wake up to his shallow breathing, eat breakfast across from him each morning. She hadn't been alone. Lonely, maybe. But not alone. And that, for Ginny, was the most important thing. After Ron's first year she discovered what being truly alone was like. There'd been no one to play or talk with, Merlin, she'd have taken Fred and George's teasing over the silence that had filled the Burrow that year. Then her high hopes of friendships and acceptance had been dashed in her first year of Hogwarts. Thanks to another Malfoy, oddly enough. No, Ginny Weasley could not be alone.

"Bastards!" Her yell came out sounding strangled, straining her tender vocal chords. It was a good job her show had finished the previous week and was only in early rehearsals for the next play, she didn't think her voice could take singing or performing monologues twice a day, six days a week right now. Furthermore the fact her new show had only just commenced rehearsals she didn't feel quite so bad about abandoning it for, for…"New York."

"What the bloody he--" The door had been yanked open behind her and she found herself sprawled at her father's feet. "Gin?"

"Hi." She sniffed slightly, never gladder to see her daddy.

0x-

Half an hour later, she'd been plied with two cups of strong tea and a generous supply of homemade ginger biscuits. Her mother looked at her through glassy eyes, feeling helpless and wanting more than anything to stop her daughter's pain. She'd been one of the family who'd supported the relationship between the two, she really had thought they'd work. He adored her, she saw it in his eyes whenever they were together. He'd clearly got problems and this was his way of coping, but - damn it - couldn't he have dealt with his issues in a less destructive manner. Molly had always prided herself on being able to judge people's character, and she was not going to write off Draco. He was good, she was certain of it.

"But, I've decided that I'm going to, to move."

"Oh?"

"To New York."

Molly nearly choked. Arthur simply looked unsurprised. His daughter was hurting and she was tearing herself away from the man she was desperately in love with. He could understand that everything here would remind her of her loss, although he had to say he wasn't particularly fond of her choice of destination. Most simply wandered off to France or Spain for a couple of weeks until it died down, but the way she was talking of finding new agents and attempting to crack Broadway, while resigning from her current West End show he felt this was a slightly more permanent move for the twenty-seven-year-old.

"Ginny," her mother finally broke the intense silence. "I know that you're hurting right now." She grabbed her daughter's slim hand, "but this isn't the answer. Don't go chasing pipe dreams."

Fresh tears lined her daughter's cheeks, "Mum, it's not the end of the world to take chances, my life was going stagnant and clearly Draco thought his was too. And it's certainly not the end f the world to have pipe dreams and to chase rainbows."

"I know it's not the end of the world, Ginny, darling. But it's hardly what I want."

"And what about what I want, hm? I want to move on. I need to move on. I-I can't stay here. Life is for living, and it's not the end of the world until…until it's gone." And with that she stood, kissed both parents on the cheek and tiredly, dejectedly, made her way up to her old bedroom. It would be nice to sleep in her old duvet, surrounded by her childhood, her walls painted a ghastly pale pink.

Molly said nothing more, but gripped her husband tightly, knowing he was going to allow their daughter to leave them and set up a home on the other side of the world. Knowing that she too, would offer no further protest to Ginny. It wasn't the end of the world, for her darling redheaded daughter, but she knew that it'd certainly feel like, for present anyway.

It's not the end of the world if I leave him

It just might seem so tonight.

It's not the end of the world, it's a blessing

Musn't wait 'til it's too late.

I've got to get away,

That's the best thing to do.

It's time for a change, if I stay put I'll go crazy.

It would do me good to meet people I've never met.

And forget…

It's not the end of the world to take chances,

Standing still is no big thrill,

It's not the end of the world to chase rainbows.

I'll be fine when I find mine.

It's not the end of the world to move on.

It's not the end of the world 'til it's gone.

Author's Note: Yay. Third chapter.

Feel like I'm getting Ginny's character a bit more now.

Like it? Review? Ta.

X