Unofficial Portkey Archive

Helping Hermione Find Her Parents by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Helping Hermione Find Her Parents

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own it, otherwise OBHWF would be just a delusion of someone and not canon…

A/N: My response to the challenge "Harry at Hermione's" by vivitribal. The requirements can be found here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=1356&st=0 Please if you read leave me a comment, it takes you few minutes and it makes me happy! *grins*

Helping Hermione Find Her Parents

Chapter Six: Together, At Last

Harry had just pulled Hermione on his lap, and then he kissed her.

Hermione stood in shock for a moment, her eyes wide, but since she was with her back toward the three annoying girls, they could not see it. "He's kissing me! He's kissing me!" she thought before she realized she should kiss him back to make it believable.

Lacing her arms around his neck, she did just that, and till their lips were pressed together no one else existed in the world.

Then, when they finally parted, Harry held her close and smirked at the three girls.

"Satisfied?"

They stood rooted to the spot till one snorted. Then, she shoved Hermione away and sat on Harry's lap, kissing him fiercely. Only, a moment later she was on the floor, where Harry had dropped her.

Standing up, he took Hermione's hand.

"Come on, luv, let's go" he smugly said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and leading her toward the exit. Hermione was happy for having put those cows in their place, too, but she was also pissed because they had interrupted their night out.

She couldn't believe the nerve of the other girl. What did she thought that Harry was, some kind of male slut?

"Sorry about that" she finally said. "They were old classmates of mine and as you can see we didn't get along so well"

"Guess they got a show, uh?" he winked at her. She smiled, nodding. "Thanks for doing that for me" she whispered.

"No problem" Harry replied with a grin of his. "I must say it has definitely been pleasurable" he winked at her again making her blush.

Having reached Hermione's house, they entered, and she sighed.

"Harry, I think we need to talk" she said then, voicing what she had been thinking most of their way back. .

"Now?" he asked.

"Now"

"Ok ma'am" he agreed with a mock military salute.

"Git" she giggled, and led him to her room.

She sat on the bed, while Harry went to take a look from her window. "Hey! There's a pool in the backyard!" he exclaimed.

"Yes" she nodded.

"I didn't notice before. Do you think we could try it tomorrow?" he said giving her his best puppy dog eyes and she laughed. "Ok, ok. It's summer after all so why not?" then she got serious. "Now, though, come here. We really need to talk about tonight"

As he joined her on the bed, she sighed. "Harry, I don't want you to think I'm some kind of slut" she started. Seeing he was going to protest, she shushed him.

"I know you saw me kissing Ron during the final battle"

Harry nodded, although the image wasn't exactly his fondest memory. "Yeah, and I must admit I've kind of always known you two would be together" he said, slumping his shoulders. He had an idea where this was going to end, and it was not with him and Hermione being together.

Hermione looked at him like he had grown a second head. "Me and Ron?" she said shocked. Then, she just had to laugh.

"What's so funny?" he said, confused.

"Nothing, is just that out of everyone who knows us, I'd have thought you would be exactly the one to know me and Ron would never work as a couple"

At Harry's puzzled look, she rolled her eyes. "I admit he's grown to be a nice looking bloke, and he seems to have matured some this year. Still, he hurt me too bad in the past, what's to prove he won't do it again? We have always been at each other's throats during our Hogwarts years, and more than once ended hurting the other's feelings pretty bad" she said, and Harry had to admit it was true. He had always thought it was their way to hide their attraction for the other though.

"I don't want a relationship like that, thanks" she said, shaking her head. "Plus, I can't forget he deserted us, you, in the two moments you possibly needed him the most. What if we got married and then we had an huge row? Would he leave too? I can't help asking myself these questions, and it's not the better base to start off a relationship"

"So why did you kiss him?" Harry asked.

Hermione shrugged, putting her face in her hands for a moment before taking a deep breath and talking again.

"I guess I kind of settled for him. I knew you'd prefer Ginny to me, so to not end alone I knew I had to hook up with Ron. I mean, if I was to settle for someone who wasn't you, then at least Ron had been my friend for years"

"Are you telling me that you fancy me, Granger?" he said with a smile. "Because I definitely fancy you, you know"

"Actually, Harry, I don't want to scare you but I think I'm in love with you" she whispered, looking down.

He raised her chin so that their eyes met, and from those green pools she could see he felt the same.

"Hermione, I don't really know what love is" he started, "but I think I'm in love with you too"

"Well, we will just have to find out together, then" she whispered with a smile dancing on her lips.

He grinned at her. "I like the sound of that" he said, pulling her close and claiming her lips with his own.

She kissed him back, and tentatively ran her tongue on his lower lip. He gave her access, and their tongues met for the first time. It was a bit clumsy, but they enjoyed it all the same.

As they parted, they grinned at each other, then Hermione noticed it was almost three in the morning. They had been talking for almost two hours.

"We better get some sleep or we won't be able to wake up tomorrow" she said.

"I'm not moving from here" he said, with a gleam in his eye.

"Harry James Potter, if you think I'm gonna give you a private show just because you're my boyfriend now, you're sorely mistaken" she mock glared at him.

"Boyfriend?" he smirked. "I like the sound of that"

"Me too" she shyly admitted.

"But, don't boyfriends get special rewards or something?" he asked as innocently as he could, but she saw right through him, and her glare was enough of an answer.

He threw his arms up in defeat. "Ok, ok, I'll go change and then I'll be back. If you're not finished changing by then, it's your problem" he said with a challenging grin.

"Fair enough" she said, quite formally shaking his hand to seal the deal, then they both burst laughing. Finally, Harry bolted from her room to his own and got changed in a record time. Then, he was back, but he inwardly cursed when he noticed Hermione was already stretched on her bed in her nightgown.

"A bit slow, aren't you?" she teased him, and he grumbled. Giggling, she moved to give him space, then let him pull her close. Her back leaning on his chest, and his arms wrapped around her waist, she sighed contentedly, till he started nuzzling her neck.

"Harry, are you aware of the fact we are definitely not going to sleep if you keep doing that?" she gently scolded him, and he stopped, albeit quite reluctantly.

Finally, sleep took them, and they were met by really pleasurable dreams.

Next morning, Harry woke up with a grin on his face as he realized where he was and remembered what had happened the previous night.

"I can't believe we are together now" he thought to himself, while kissing her neck and eliciting a soft moan from her.

Deciding she would hex him into next millennium if he was to step over his boundaries, he reluctantly got up and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. When Hermione finally appeared in the doorway, she was met with a wonderful smell of coffee, bacon and eggs.

"Morning, beautiful" Harry called out to her, and she smiled.

"Morning, handsome" she retorted while grabbing a toast and taking a bite. She then sat in front of him, poured herself some coffee and started filling her plate.

"So, you wanted to enjoy the pool today?" she asked.

"Yes, but if you don't mind, I'd do that in the afternoon. This morning, since it's almost eleven already, I'd go for a walk and then maybe we could have lunch at some place"

"Eleven?" she said, widening her eyes in surprise, and looked at the watch to see it was ten to eleven.

"We slept in, uh?" she smiled, and he gave her one of his boyish grins who always made her insides melt.

"So, what do you think of my plan?" he asked then.

"Sounds good to me"

So they got dressed and headed for the mall, where they could window shopping.

As they were there, Hermione felt a bit nervous. They walked in front of a videogames store where she knew some of her old classmates used to go everyday and she wanted to avoid a repeat of last night's events.

"Hey, Granger" she suddenly heard, and rolled her eyes.

"What do you want, Feskins?" she turned to see a tall boy with another two in tow.

"Heard from Jeannie that you were back from that boarding school you go to" he shrugged, "and that you have a boyfriend now, although I can't really believe it. You've never been able to attract boys when we were classmates"

"We were ten, Feskins" she said, rolling her eyes again. She felt Harry take her hand, and the boy noticed it too.

"Who are you, her bodyguard?" he asked. "Can't you even go to the mall on your own, Granger?" he said, starting to laugh.

"You'd be amazed to see what she can do on her own" Harry nonchalantly said, pulling her close. "Oh, by the way, I am her boyfriend"

"You? No way!"

Harry rolled his eyes and kissed her soundly. She eagerly complied, and they were lost in each other for some minutes.

When they finally parted, the three boys looking at them were speechless.

"You believe it now?" Harry said. "If you don't mind, we would like to grab a bite before going back home, so goodbye, and believe me it's not been a pleasure to meet you"

Hermione giggled at this and followed him, leaving the three of them stupidly scratching their heads in wonder about what they had just witnessed.

That afternoon, they relaxed in the backyard, enjoying the sun, which albeit obviously cooler than in Australia, was still quite hot for England. Harry lay on a towel on the border of the pool, waiting for Hermione to join him, and he couldn't help grinning at the thought that she was now his girlfriend.

Soon she arrived, since they were in her house she didn't bother with shorts and a t-shirt, so she was wearing just a bikini. It was one of the few things they had bought that day, as they had mainly strolled through the mall, but she had seen it and decided she had to have it. Harry didn't know though, as he had stayed outside of the shop waiting for her.

"He's going to be surprised" she grinned to herself while walking there.

And surprised he was, because his mouth dropped when he saw her, and he almost started drooling.

"Tease" he growled to her as she settled near him.

"Me?" she innocently said, turning to lie on her belly, and giving him a nice view of her bum.

Harry decided some retaliation was in order, so he entered the pool, and after a minute or so, seeing she was relaxing and had her eyes closed, he suddenly pulled her into the water with him.

As she emerged, she glared at him.

"You're so mean" she pouted, and Harry sucked his breath. She looked damn sexy when she did that.

"You're going to be the death of me" he huskily whispered into her ear, and she shivered, turning into his embrace so that she was facing him. She lazily wrapped her arms around his neck.

"It's going to be a good death then, I hope" she flirtatiously whispered back, and he growled.

"Wonderful" he said just moments before kissing her hard, at which she could just respond in the same fashion.

Their tongues danced together into their mouths, fighting for dominance, in a well established rhythm. The slight nervousness of their first kisses was rapidly ebbing away as they got more used to it, so this time neither held back, pouring into the kiss all the pent up passion for the other. Harry felt like he was in Heaven, and as good as his kisses with Ginny had been, they were nothing compared to this.

Hermione fit perfect against his body and he caressed her back with his right hand while she squeezed his buttocks, never breaking contact of their lips. She gently nibbled on his lower lip, and he could see the laughter in her eyes at his slight surprise, but he retaliated making the kiss even hotter. A small moan escaped the back of her throat.

They were so focused on each other that they never heard a taxi arriving in front of the house.

However, they did hear Hermione's father enraged voice.

"What's going on here?"

-->