Unofficial Portkey Archive

(untitled yet) by Gilksey
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

(untitled yet)

Gilksey

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters used in the series, that belongs solely to J.K Rowling.

Warning: Character death

Author's note: Hey everyone! I really hope you like my story and I promise to try and update as soon as possible. Please review as this is my first fanfic and I need the criticism. As you've probably already noticed my story is untitled, I thought I'd give the opportunity to those who review to nominate different title suggestions. All the more reason to review. Well enjoy the story!

-Gilksey

Chapter 1

Harry followed Ginny to the hospital wing in a state of shock. Ginny kept casting concerned glances his way. He didn't notice. When he walked into the wing all eyes turned to him except a pair of golden browns. She was sitting slouched in a chair beside Ron's bed, he it seemed, was still unconscious and not looking too well. Professor McGonagall walked in to the wing and spoke.

"Harry, what happened? Hagrid was saying something about Snape and Dumbledore?" He turned to Ginny and gave her a pleading glance. She seemed to understand as she began telling the others what had happened. Harry went over and sat with Hermione. She didn't glance at him or acknowledge anyone else's presence; she just clutched Ron's hand with unshed tears in her blank eyes. "Harry is it true? Albus? Snape?"

"Yes, I saw the whole thing."

"B-but Snape?! He was in the order he couldn't of!!"

"Look, if you'd like to be like the rest of the world and never believe anything I say fine then don't ask!! Now someone tell me what's wrong with my friends!!" Everyone had taken a step back when Harry snapped. It even looked as though some magic was fizzling around him.

"Uh... Well we don't know. Hermione brought Ron in here just before we sent Ginny after you. He's alive but barely, and we can't tell what's wrong."

"Well what happened?"

"We've no idea. Hermione hasn't said a word and everyone else was dueling when whatever happened happened. It's like she's not even there. She hasn't moved, talked, she won't allow me to heal her wounds. She doesn't even realize we're all here." Harry looked at her again. It was true, the only movement she'd done in the last 10 minutes was breathe. He walked over to her and taking her hands in his, he kneeled before her. Looking her deep in the eyes he tried to find her in there. There was no emotion in her eyes, nothing.

"Hermione? It's me. Are you there?" She had no reaction. He cupped her cheek in his hand and pulled her eyes to his. "Mione? Can you hear me? It's Harry." She didn't make a sound, didn't move, and didn't show any emotion. All she did was look at him, really looked at him. "What happened?" She just watched him.

As Harry tried to bring back Hermione, Madame Pomfrey went to check on Ron again. Just as soon as she picked up his wrist, she dropped it again with a gasp.

"What is it?" Ginny asked. "Madame Pomfrey? What's wrong?" She looked up with tears in her eyes.

"He's dead." A collective gasp coursed round the room just to have the air knocked out of them as though hit with a hammer. A force field had enclosed around Harry, Hermione and Ron's body. It blocked everyone else from them, to try and get through to them meant you were blasted into the wall.

"DON'T SAY THAT!!" Harry was standing tall, with red and gold sparks all around him. He was furious! How could she say something like that?! Hadn't he lost everyone else already?! Why does she need to take Ron from him too!!

Tears escaped his eyes, revealing his pain within his anger. He knew it was true; he just didn't want to believe it. "RON IS NOT DEAD!!" With each word his voice got louder, just as the sparks got stronger. By then it was as though flames were surrounding him. His green eyes blazed and his hands remained white with the force he was using to fist them. Harry refused to admit his friend was gone. He couldn't be alone. Not after all he's been through.

All of the sudden Harry calmed down. The shield was gone and so were the sparks. He felt something warm and looked down to find his hand in Hermione's. No, he wasn't alone. He still had her.

He looked at her and saw she was still not quite there. A tear had escaped but her eyes were still blank. She had cuts, bruises and dirt all over. Her clothes were torn in places and some of her hair had escaped her ponytail. She looked so lost and pained. In that moment he swore to protect her no matter what. He wouldn't lose her too, couldn't lose her. He wouldn't survive if he did.

Everyone he'd lost was like a part of him. His parents were his legs, always inspiring him to move forward and keep going. Sirius was his middle, making sure the memory of his parents always stayed with him. Dumbledore, his hands; always was guiding him. Ron is-was his head. Constantly keeping him sane. But Hermione, she was his heart, his brain. She was his reason for living and the reason he was alive. He couldn't lose her. He rejected the idea.

And so he took Ron's now cold hand in his and silently thanked him for everything he'd done. He then said his temporary goodbye. He'd see him again someday; he'd see them all. Harry turned around and helped Hermione stand then scooped her up in his arms. With her head in the crook of his neck and her arms around his neck and shoulders. He gave everyone a nod and walked out of the room leaving everyone shocked and fearful.

-->