Unofficial Portkey Archive

Captivated by [x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Captivated

[x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]

AN: I am so sorry for the late update. My life has been so caotic for the past 2 weeks. I have 3 assignments for school due in like 4 days and I found out 2 weeks ago I was pregnant with my second child. So in between ultra sounds, morning sickness and school I have FINALLY managed to get this chapter finished. I hope you all like it. We get a bit of H/Hr interaction at the end of it which I think everyone is looking forward to.

- This story was a challenge on the PK forums in the H/Hr section http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26459

- Please read and review. Tell me what I need to change, whether you liked it or you think I am writing the characters wrong.

- This story is AU. If you don't like anything like that then please be warned now.

- Thanks to Riza (jediyoda) who beta'd this chapter, thanks sweetie

Disclaimer: Everything written here belongs to JK, I only play around with them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry sat on his bed with a sigh. He had left the kitchen soon after Remus had told everyone of his plan and Ginny had recovered from her fainting spell. He lay back on the bed with his head hanging over the side, thinking about the events that had just happened in the kitchen.

Flashback

Mrs. Weasley ran to her daughter's unconscious body, and shook her body softly trying to wake her up. Harry looked from the two Weasley women on the floor to the Lupins now sitting across from him. Remus was still piling his plate with food as if nothing had happened while Tonks was trying to hide the giggles that were escaping her mouth.

It took a few more minutes for Molly to wake Ginny up from her fainting episode. As she helped her daughter back onto the seat, Harry could see the emotions running through her eyes: confusion, realization and then rage. With a sharp look towards Remus who had now stopped eating his breakfast she let everyone know how she felt.

"This is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard" she screeched. "Harry would never agree to something like this. Why would he want to seduce someone who works for his worst enemy?"

She looked from Remus, to Tonks and then to Harry with an expectant look. He knew she wanted him to back her up but he knew that he was unable to do so. Even though he knew it was a stupid idea and he would never be able to achieve it, he thought it was a great plan.

"I need to think about this" he sighed before getting up and walking out of the kitchen, leaving his untouched breakfast on the table. He was about half way up the stairs when he heard Ginny's anger filled screams.

End Flashback

Harry knew that Ginny was going to have a fit with this idea and she won't stop until everyone has heard her. She would try to persuade everyone to side with her, but the way Remus informed them of the plan, it seems that it's no longer open to discussion and he is determined to see this one properly executed. The calmer Remus is with a plan, the more confident and staunch he is about the upcoming operation. An example of that was earlier. Unfortunately, there is just one flaw in the plan. Harry had never seduced a woman before.

"Brilliant plan, Remus" Harry mused, snorting in the process. "Just bloody brilliant. If you could just give me tips on how to seduce a woman, then I am bloody perfectly fine."

Harry turned over angrily and crawled towards his pillows and flopped down, not caring that his bed creaked loudly. It's not like he can't have any girl he wants. He, as they say, is Harry-bloody-Potter, the hero of the wizarding world. Girls would love to be associated with him, well in Hogwarts at least. According to Ron, if he would beckon, any girl would gladly throw herself at him. He, as they say again, has the dreamiest and greenest eyes they have ever seen and his kisses are such a dream (don't know where that information come from, though he had his suspicions on a certain red-headed girl). But despite his Casanova reputation, he, Harry Potter, had never courted much less seduced a girl in his life.

Yes, he had fooled around with Ginny, shared kisses and snogs, but he never really courted her. She practically threw herself at him, with all those years of girly crush on the famous Harry Potter. And when the opportunity comes for a relationship, she never took a second to consider it. But courted someone? He never did. Look at the disaster that was Cho. He couldn't even ask her decently to a dance. Now Remus is asking him for a full-on seduction?

His musings were interrupted by a knock on his bedroom door and a second later, the head of his best friend.

"Harry", he asked tentatively, silently asking for permission to enter his room. With a nod from Harry, he entered the room and approached him cautiously.

Ron wore a somewhat somber - amused expression, telling Harry that he knew about "the plan". He sat silently at the foot of his bed, his eyes trying to avoid looking at him. Harry watched him anxiously for a minute before speaking.

"You might as well as say it Ron."

Ron grinned sheepishly. "Blood hell, Harry. Do you agree with Remus' plan? Seducing that death eater? He's barking mad for suggesting that."

Harry shifted uncomfortably as he shifted into a sitting position across his friend. "It's a good plan Ron," he sighed. "But I don't know if I can pull it off."

Ron shot up, looking at him incredulously. "You mean you agree with the plan? You are actually going to do it? Blimey Harry! You cant be serious!"

"Its not like I have a choice Ron! What do you want me to do?" Harry snapped. "Its not like we have had success so far in getting information from her about Voldemort. WE are getting no where and Remus' plan is the most plausible so far."

"Well, you can always torture her," Ron absent-mindedly mumbled.

Harry stood up and faced Ron. "We are not stooping down to their level." He said hardly before walking to sofa at the corner of the room.

Ron sighed as he sat back down on the bed. He ran his hands through his hair, gripping the strands to calm himself and think rationally. After a few moments, he looked over at Harry, who was still sitting on the sofa, brooding.

"So how are you going to execute this plan?" Ron tentatively asked.

"I have no idea Ron" Harry replied curtly.

"Couldn't you flash her with your mega-watt smile? And give her your puppy dog eyes?" Ron suggested trying to ease the tension.

Harry couldn't help himself to grin. "Am afraid not. Death eaters are immune to my charm."

"Well you got a lot of problem there mate." Ron grinned before turning seriously. "Really, Harry. How are you going to do this? I mean have you ever tried seducing someone before? Well, there was Cho..."

Harry snorted. "Cho? I don't think you can even consider that as seduction by a mile. I mean, that was a half-knit wit courting. Heck! I couldn't even ask her to the Yule ball that year."

"How about Ginny?"

Harry sighed. "Ginny and I... there...there wasn't such a thing as courtship Ron. It was like a spur of the moment thing that we just decided to get together. Its like… I like her, she likes me, lets get together thing. It's not exactly courtship."

"Kinda like me and lavender right, sixth year" Ron smiled.

"Yeah, kinda like that" Harry said.

"So we are back to square one. How are you going to do it?" Ron asked.

"I have no idea Ron, I have no idea."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry listened to the silence in his room as his bedside clock ticked the midnight hour. The house has gone quiet now after an eventful day. After his conversation with Ron, Molly and Ginny had attempted to talk to him too. They had incessantly knocked on his bedroom door with Ginny pleading him to talk to her. But he just ignored them and decided to cast a strong locking and silencing charm on his door.

His thoughts lay once again on Remus' plan. He still hadn't thought of a single thing he would do but he needed it soon. The fate of the wizarding world depended on it. What information she can give about Voldemort would be vital to their plans in defeating him. Instead of burning himself in thinking of a plan, he decided to confront the problem. He stood up silently and crossed his room to open the door. He looked left and right at the long hallway, ears straining for any sound. When silence greeted him, he went silently out of his room and down one flight of stairs and in the direction of a particular room.

Standing in front if it, he gathered his courage before unlocking the charms that sealed the room. Once it was done, he opened the door silently, hoping its occupant was asleep. But much to his surprise, she was propped against the head of her bed, very much awake and staring at him with hateful eyes.

He smiled nervously at her. "How are you doing?" he asked timidly, as he made himself walk forward a couple of steps, silently gathering up his courage.

"What do you think?" She sarcastically retorted. "Comfy? You know, the Dark Lord will kill you for this. You, who they think is the saviour of the wizarding world, will be nothing but a mere boy once the Dark Lord is done with you." She sneered.

Harry inwardly cringed. She hadn't given up then and her demeanour was as strong as ever. Its now or never, he thought. Summoning his most charming smile, he flashed those pearly whites on her while trying to look as roguish as possible. Putting his hands on the backs pockets of his jeans, he leaned on wall and said leisurely, "You know, you have the fiercest personality I've seen on a woman. So feisty, like an attacking feline. I like that in a woman."

"Then all of the death eaters must appeal to you then." She snapped.

Harry managed to chuckle, making his emerald eyes sparkle and his face more boyish. "Well…the idea of Snape being a feline is not entirely appealing much less Crabbe, Goyle or even Dolohov and MacNair. I'm going to have a nightmare for days by just imagining that. I was more thinking of you. You know feisty as a cat."

Her brows furrowed as she tried to get what he was up to. "What do you think you are doing?" She asked angrily.

Harry shifted and stood up from his position. Walking leisurely towards her, he looked at her eyes straight on, still maintaining that roguish charm he had projected. "Nothing," he replied. "Just making conversation….or would you still prefer the usual routine. You know, you being tied up and all those questions being asked again and again."

When he was greeted with silence by her still angry yet confused expression, he smiled again. "Thought so."

Harry then simply sat at the edge of her bed, making her pull her legs towards her as she inched further into the headboard.

"There's no need to be afraid of me," Harry said conversationally, while holding his hands up as if trying to caution her. "I promise not to hurt you and I will be here just to talk. Okay Hermione?"

It was the first time she had heard him spoke her name so softly, that reminded Hermione of a dream she had last night, when she thought that soothing voice saved her from her usual nightmares. Doubt and confusion ran through her brain as she was left pondering on the game that the famous Harry Potter was playing. This side of him was certainly not being discussed during their training as death eaters. This was altogether strange and new to her.

But his roguish smile, boyish demeanour, silky words and charming attitude are reminiscent of only one thing. One thing that she can't help think and blurt out from her mind.

"Are you trying to seduce me?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN: Yes I know I am mean leaving it there. I actually have a full paragraph written after the last line but I thought I will make this bit into 2 parts. It just seemed a lot better that way. So until my next chapter please review and tell me what I need to change etc.