Unofficial Portkey Archive

Captivated by [x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Captivated

[x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]

AN: I know it has been a VERY long time since I have updated but so many things have been happening. I had this chapter written for a while and only just found it recently on my computer. I can't promise that updates will become a regular thing BUT I will try and get some more written for you.

- This story was a challenge on the PK forums in the H/Hr section. I will provide a link at the end of this chapter.

- Please read and review. Tell me what I need to change, whether you liked it or you think I am writing the characters wrong.

- This story is AU. If you don't like anything like that then please be warned now.

Disclaimer: Nothing I have written here is owned by me.

Seducing Hermione Part 2

Harry almost slid from where he sat at the edge of her bed if he hadn't held himself quickly. Did he hear her right? Did she just say he was trying to seduce her? Was he that obvious? Was she able to read his thoughts?

"What makes you think that?" sending her another smile.

Hermione peered at him suspiciously as she tried to inch herself further into the headboard. "You're acting suspicious Potter. This wasn't how you acted before. Why the interest in having this kind of conversation now? Charming doesn't become you."

Harry chuckled slightly as he turned completely to face her. "Maybe you should get to know me then. I am not as bad as you think and I can be very, very charming."

"Are you going charm me to death and convert me to the light side Potter? I think not. I serve the Dark Lord and my loyalty stays with him." Hermione scoffed in reply.

"Nobody is asking you to be disloyal to him." Harry asked. "I just want to know you better and maybe you might want to know me as well. I assure you, I am not the bad person you think I am. I promise there is no hidden agenda."

Silence greeted him but he could see the hatred in her eyes. He sighed. "Tell you what; whatever we talk about inside this room will stay here. I will not divulge what you tell me, even for the order. If we become friends inside this room, it stays here. You can still consider me an enemy outside the four walls of this room and kill me if you deemed so."

When there were no interruptions he continued talking. "For starters, you can call me Harry. Potter sounds so formal. Besides, only Moody calls me that and he is a cranky old guy. You wouldn't want me to picture you in that image wouldn't you?"

He hoped that the last part would earn him a smile but his attempt was futile. Moving up the bed a little he extended his hand, "What do you say Hermione?"

He could see the inner battle that was raging inside her. Through her eyes, he could see the confusion, anger and reluctance battling for control. Harry often wondered what went on in the mind of a death eater, as they seem so merciless on the battlefield. They seemed incapable of any emotions, only the instinct to kill at will.

However, what he saw in Hermione's eyes may have changed that and Harry began to feel hopeful that Hermione would agree with him.

"In your dreams Potter, friendship between us can never be. I work for the Dark Lord and you, a pet for the ministry. We shall not be treated as pets. We are wizards, powerful beings we are. We should dominate, not hide through the lanky beings that you call as the wizarding government. Maybe next time we can be friends Potter. But not in this lifetime." Hermione sneered at him.

Harry heaved a sigh. He tried he really did but even he has his limits. He knows when he needs to give up. "But remember Hermione, you may be powerful wizards but you are still working. However, I know when I am not needed."

H walked to the door and just as he was about to go out, he tuned back to her "Goodnight princess" he said softly. Before she could react, he was out of the door, locking charms once again being placed.

****

Five minutes on, Hermione was still frozen on her bed. She was still clutching the sheets close to her. His parting words still reverberated through her mind. It had sent a tidal wave of emotions though her. Only one other person had said those words to her and that person has died a long time ago.

"Goodnight Princess…" How she has missed those words just as much as the person who used to utter them. Hermione slid down the center of the bed and curled into a ball as she let go of her emotions, letting them take over her. She had promised herself a long time ago that she would not falter, never shed a tear and to never show any emotions. But tears were now flowing down her cheeks. She cried out her frustrations, disappointments and all of the emotions she has been holding in.

Sometimes she wished that she was not spared, that she died with her parents. She missed her parents so much. Her father treated her as his one and only princess. He was her version of a knight in shining armour. He always looks out for his princess and his queen, making sure they were protected from any danger. Her mother was the perfect housewife, the epitome of a happily married woman. But someone has to take them selfishly away from her. Someone had destroyed her utopia. That someone was Kingsley Shacklebolt of The Order of the Phoenix.

Though she had killed him, she wanted more. She wanted to punish all those who held his beliefs, those who believed in him, those who loved him. She would not stop until they feel the pain that she is feeling and she was going to start with Harry Potter.

"You see now Harry," she thought. "You see why can't we be friends?"

****