Unofficial Portkey Archive

Secret Wizards by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Secret Wizards

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Harry and Hermione would be married right now.

A/N: My take on the challenge "Secrecy" by reptilia, you can find the requirements here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26369 . Hope you'll like it, and if you read, please review to let me know how I'm doing, ok? Thanks!

Secret Wizards

Chapter Seven: A Day With The Target

The first rays of sun entered the suite, making Harry start to stir. He had to get up to meet with their target and go fishing, but he really didn't want to. With Hermione in his arms, he was more than comfortable there, thank you.

However, he knew it was a good chance to build even more trust between him and their target and maybe Frikplask would let something slip, and it may be important for their mission.

So, he tried to disentangle himself from Hermione's body as quietly as he could, without waking her up. There was no reason for her to be up so early, after all.

His attempts, however, weren't successful, as he felt her stir, and soon later his green pools met her brown ones.

"Good morning" he said. "I tried not to wake you up, but…"

"No problem" she said, smiling up at him. "Although, I might act like a real newlywed and keep you here" she teased him, tightening her grip around his waist.

He chuckled, lazily running his left hand through her brown curls.

"Believe me, the offer is tempting" he winked, and she looked up at him with mock outrage.

"Harry Potter, are you flirting with me?" she said, and he shrugged.

"Makes our cover more believable if he are comfortable doing that, don't you think?" he said, and noticed a flicker of hurt pass in her eyes, but just for a moment.

"Yeah, of course, the cover" she said, finally releasing him. "Well, you better go then, Ethan is not going to wait and you're already almost late" she added, retreating into the bathroom, leaving Harry wondering what had just happened.

Inside the bathroom, Hermione chastised herself. "Silly girl, Granger. He's married, there's no way he would cheat on Ginny. He's too loyal for that, plus you're just plain, no way he can notice you" she thought while splashing cold water on her face, trying to rid of the remnant sleepiness.

When she came out, Harry was fully dressed, he had already drank the Polyjuice potion, and pulled her close, kissing the top of her head.

"Behave when I'm not around, ok?" he teased her, then left without giving her a chance to retort, but not before giving a gentle slap on her bum and a wink.

Annoyed that he had just had the upper hand, Hermione chose trough her wardrobe for a bikini, a comfortable shirt and pair of shorts, and then settled on the bed to review her notes on the documents she had copied from Frikplask's bag.

--

Harry jogged to the lounge room where he had the appointment with Ethan. He found his target was still there, and sighed in relief.

"Sorry" he said, joining the other man.

"Your miss almost made you run late, uh?" the other one winked, and Harry smiled, thinking that it was exactly what had happened. "I'll have to make it up to her later for leaving her alone all day on our honeymoon, but I've heard fishing here is something really exciting and I couldn't pass it up"

"Oh, exciting, it will be for sure" Ethan chuckled. "Just hope we don't meet a great white shark, or it could be even more. I daresay it would be thrilling, in that case, if you get my meaning" the man said, shaking his head with a smile.

"Yeah, I've heard those beasts are quite vicious" Harry agreed while they reached Ethan's car and drove to the harbour.

There, Harry and Frikplask got on a rented boat, and started preparing their fishing rods while the owner of the boat drove it to the spot Ethan had told him.

"Sorry, I never used one of these. Can you tell me how to do it?" Harry asked, and Frikplask was kind enough to help Harry with it. Once they reached the planned place, Ethan showed Harry how to throw the bait into the water in the right way, then the two of them sat, waiting.

"A beer?" the suspect offered and Harry agreed.

As there was nothing else to do, They started chatting, and Harry decided to try and breach the subject.

"So, you never got around telling me what it is that you do for a living" he casually asked taking a sip from his beer.

"Oh, I'm in the construction field" Ethan evasively said. "Sadly, some politicians have lately passed some laws that make it difficult for me to develop my activity"

Knowing the man was a wizard, Harry had little difficulty imagining the politicians he referred to were some from the local Ministry of Magic, probably the Minister himself. Which gave Harry an idea on the possible target of a terrorist attack.

He made a mental note to check with their boss later that day on it.

"So, tell me something about your lass" Ethan said while they were having a couple sandwiches for lunch. "Where did you meet her?"

"Oh, we met at school. Both in a boarding school, we were in the same class, so we got to know each other very well by the day we graduated" Harry said, following the planned profile for their covers, but it was also the truth considering his and Hermione's history.

"Oh, how sweet. I'm sure you two hooked up at school and were united since?"

"Actually, we dated some other people in school, and never got together till a couple years ago" Harry corrected. "Seems like we were afraid of what we had and thought we were meant to stay only friends, but it turned out to be rubbish" he chuckled, and for a moment a thought passed through his head about his real situation with Hermione. Might that be the path reserved for them too? Were they too blind to see the truth back in Hogwarts? There was no time to dwell on it at the moment though.

The conversation then steered toward sports, and luckily Harry knew enough of football to not raise suspicions in his host about his true identity.

He wondered where Frikplask had learned so much, but then remembered the man had been living as a Muggle for years to escape the attention of Auror forces.

"So, what's your favourite team?" Harry asked.

"Oh, definitely Manchester United, even if I live here in Australia most of the time nowadays"

"And you always stay at that hotel? You must be really rich!"

"Oh, no. I've got an agreement with the hotel owner, since I can guarantee him that the suite I stay in is occupied most of the year, he gives me lower fares. Becomes almost a rent more than an hotel bill, to tell the truth"

Harry was sure the fact he had his Trust-me bracelet on was helping Ethan spill so much info, otherwise there was no chance the man would be so open with personal life, especially if he was working to plan a terrorist attack. The Twins had outdone themselves again.

"Mine is Manchester City" Harry said. For a moment he had been tempted to say West Ham, Dean's old favourite team, but then he remembered being impressed by City's play against Chelsea last summer when they all got together to their Muggle-born old friend for a "old times" dinner.

"Seems we're in for a friendly rivalry when the derby comes around then" Ethan joked, and Harry thought their rivalry wouldn't be so friendly if the man knew Harry's true identity and job.

"Guess so" he smiled then, taking a bite of his sandwich.

--

Hermione had never been more annoyed than at the moment. She had been on the beach for a total of five minutes, and Michaela had already found her.

She almost wondered if it was her and Harry who were tailing the other couple, or the other way around.

However, she gave the woman a polite smile, and inwardly groaned when the blonde claimed the spot next to Hermione's with her towel.

"You don't mind, do you?"

"Of course not" Hermione said with a tight smile, although she would have wanted to strangle the other girl.

As they were sunbathing, Hermione was becoming quickly bored with the conversation.

"Harry sure has to make it up to me, I swear" she thought, while listening to Michaela tell her all about her numerous boyfriends.

"So, what about you? Is John your first?" the other woman giggled. "I dare guess he is"

"And why would you?" Hermione said, a bit too defensively as her own real private life had been quite dull after the divorce with Ron, and not so exciting before the marriage too.

"Well, no offence, but you don't seem the kind of girl to have throngs of admirers waiting to shag you"

"Not that it matters, does it, since I'm quite content with my love life as it is. After all, John satisfies me more than enough" Hermione retorted, with a smug smile, as to say, "not that you will ever know how he is in bed".

Michaela noticed, and scowled. "The question is if he is satisfied with you" she muttered before claiming she was tired and going back to her suite.

Hermione was fuming. Not that she and Harry had ever done anything, they weren't even together, but to have another woman to imply she wasn't good enough in bed, even if directed at her cover, made her mad.

So it was with a foul mood that she returned to the hotel a couple hours later, only to be pulled in a fierce kiss by Harry, who was just waiting for the lift as he and Ethan had come back from their fishing experience.

She tensed for a moment before relaxing in his arms and kissing him back with all what she had, pushing herself even closer to him, her tongue seeking his own in his mouth, and tangling itself around it in a fierce battle for dominance, Harry's free hand caressing her back, and sneaking to her shorts to squeeze her bum, eliciting a yelp from her.

"What was that for?" she breathlessly asked when they finally parted.

"Can't a guy kiss his beautiful wife when he gets back from a day away from her?" he said with innocent eyes. Hermione laughed heartily, and noticing Michaela passing by, leaned in and huskily whispered, loud enough for the other woman to hear, "Wait till we get into the room, and you'll see what I plan to do to my handsome husband"

She then threw a look behind her shoulders and saw the blonde glaring at her, which sent a thrill of feminine satisfaction, only bettered when she felt Harry's physical reaction to her words pressing into her thigh.

The raven haired wizard, for his part, knew her words were just for show, but felt aroused by the way she said them all the same, and wished they really were newlyweds who were going to enjoy their honeymoon.

He sighed, not knowing how long he would be able to restrain himself around Hermione anymore.

-->