Unofficial Portkey Archive

Secret Wizards by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Secret Wizards

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Harry and Hermione would be married right now.

A/N: My take on the challenge "Secrecy" by reptilia, you can find the requirements here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26369 . Hope you'll like it, and if you read, please review to let me know how I'm doing, ok? Thanks!

I decided to make some changes to this chapter, following the suggestion of many reviewers that Hermione was too forgiving toward Harry. And I removed the graphic part of Harry sleeping with Michaela. Only a kiss is left now, then we jump to Hermione entering the suite. Most of the chap is the same though

Secret Wizards

Chapter Nine: Disagreement And A Mistake

The talk with Hanlemore had not gone well. Harry was pushing to go and arrest Frikplask straight away, but their boss wouldn't budge.

"SW Potter, if we capture him there's no way to assure someone else won't carry on the plan all the same. We need to trap them all, or most of them, to cripple their organisation once and for all"

While there was logic behind this order, and Hermione could clearly see it, Harry had always been the one for impulse, for acting on instinct, and while he knew his boss was right, he also felt useless doing nothing while those thugs were planning assassinations and world domination.

Sensing that her partner needed to relax, Hermione suggested they hit the beach.

"Some sunbathing will make you good, Harry" she reasoned, "plus the ocean is really great to have a swim in"

Despite his foul mood, Harry couldn't stop himself from giving her a smile.

"Why is it that you always manage to cheer me up?" he said, affectionately pulling her close and holding her tight.

She blushed crimson, and said nothing, just enjoying his touch.

"You've got it bad, Granger" she chastised herself, "He's married man, what kind of woman are you for wanting him? No better than that slag!"

And with that thought, she pulled away, claiming she had to get ready and that he better start doing it too.

Half an hour later, they were lying on the golden sand of the beach, the waves roaring not afar, and a light breeze blowing, keeping them from being too hot under the Australian sun.

"You up for a swim?" she asked, and he shook his head.

"You lazy pig" she joked, and swatted his bum, before running into the water. She didn't notice Michaela grinning to herself once she left.

The blonde made her way toward Harry.

"So, John. Nice day, uh?" she said, plopping down where Hermione had been moments before.

"Mmh" he said, not really in the mood for conversation.

"You seem tense" she flirted, placing her hands on his shoulders and starting to massage them. Harry wanted to tell her to sod off, but the massage was relaxing, and he definitely needed to relax at the moment. So he let her continue.

"I was wondering, where's your wife?" she whispered into his ear, leaning on his back to do so, and thus pressing her bikini-covered breasts on it.

"She's gone for a swim. I didn't feel like going so I stayed here"

"And would you mind terribly if I kept you company in the meanwhile?" she cooed, stretching on his right side, on Hermione's towel.

Harry thought that yes, he would mind lots, but he couldn't be rude, plus she was their suspect's girlfriend. Maybe he could play her and find out more about Ethan Frikplask. Besides, Hermione wasn't really is wife, was she? That fact that he had a wife, albeit in England, was not important right now.

"No way" he said, flashing her one of his best grins.

"You'll have to help me with the sun lotion though" she said with innocent eyes, and Harry fought an urge to roll his own at the blatant flirting she was doing.

"My pleasure" he said with a fake smile, taking the bottle, and squeezing it so that some fluid landed on Michaela's back. The contrast between the cool fluid and her hot skin made her shiver, and then Harry set to work, massaging the lotion on her shoulders, and her back, earning soft little moans from Michaela, which he was sure she was exaggerating in her attempt to seduce him.

It was by now half an hour since Hermione had left, and he was starting to get thirsty.

"Michaela, I'm heading to the bar to have a drink" he said, standing up.

"Call me Micky" she coyly said. "Or you don't think we are close enough for that?" she pouted then. Harry chuckled.

"Ok, Micky, I'm going to get something to drink now" he said, with a mock bow. She giggled, and stood up too, taking his hand.

"I'll come with you" she said, her eyes sparkling. He fought the urge to sigh and nodded. After scribbling a note to Hermione and leaving it in her purse, they then left. All the way to the bar she kept his hand in her own, leaning her head on his shoulder now and then and Harry was starting to get annoyed at that. Luckily, they had arrived.

After placing their orders, they sat at a table.

"So, where's Ethan today? Not back from his fishing yet?"

"No, he must have gone soft on you yesterday. It's rare he comes back before dinner time when he goes on those trips of his" she rolled her eyes. Harry nodded, then turned toward the bartender to see if their drinks were coming.

"Oh, I'll get them" she said. "You're already being gentleman enough to pay for them" she winked at him and he let her. At least, he would enjoy few moments without her presence.

Sipping his drink while chatting with the blonde, Harry thought it tasted a bit different from what he expected, and he knew he should stop drinking. But he was pissed at his boss and he rarely used his head when he was so angry, so he ended drinking the whole cocktail. Not that he had ever tasted a Japanese Slipper, so he couldn't be sure it had been spiked with something.

After a few more minutes of chatting, Michaela claimed she was a bit tired of the sun, and preferred to go back to the hotel.

"Will you accompany me?" she asked, and Harry felt the need to see that she got to her room safely. He didn't know why, but he felt he had to accompany her.

So, letting her take his hand again, they strolled toward the building of their hotel, and then entered an elevator.

"Which floor is your room?" he said, feigning ignorance.

"Oh, I don't want to go to my room yet" she said, smiling. "I feel much better now, so why don't you give me a tour of your suite?"

Harry grinned and pushed the button for the floor his and Hermione's suite was on. Leading the way, he let her in. The moment he closed the door, she kissed him hard on the mouth, lacing her arms around his neck.

He was surprised, and for a moment thought about pushing her away, but then he found himself kissing her back with as much enthusiasm.

--

It was only two hours later than Hermione came into the suite, and noticed Michaela's purse on the couch. She had a sinking feeling and didn't know if she was more angry at Harry for doing what she thought he had done, or at her for being so affected by it. But the thing that disgusted her when she stormed inside the bedroom finding the both of them naked under the covers, was that Harry was a married man, and that he had cheated on Ginny with a stranger. Deep down, the fact he did that with a stranger but not with her hurt a lot, too.

"John!" she shouted, her brain functioning enough to keep their cover up.

Michaela looked up from doodling with her finger on Harry's chest and smirked.

"Seems I need to leave, luv" she whispered into Harry's ear before leaving the bed, gathering her sparse things, and moving to the living room, smirking at Hermione.

As she passed near the other girl, she whispered maliciously.

"I was right, he wasn't satisfied at all with you, silly girl" she said, before haughtily making her way out of the suite.

Hermione was rooted to the spot, and Harry looked at her like he was seeing her for the first time. After blinking for the tenth time, he groaned.

It all came back to him, and he wanted to disappear, but he knew he had to address the issue before it could cause damage to their teamwork and thus to the mission.

"Hermione…" he started, but she looked the other way.

He moved, put on his swimming trunks and a shirt for decency, and then walked up to her.

"Hermione" he said again, more forcefully. He placed his hands on her shoulders, but she moved away, slapped him hard, then turned.

It broke his heart to see tears pooled in her eyes, and he knew he totally deserved that slap. He probably deserved more, in fact.

"I trusted you, Harry. But more than anything, Ginny trusted you, and you betrayed us both" she whispered, looking outside of the window.

Harry's eyes widened. Ginny! He had already stopped thinking much about her with Hermione around, if not for fleeting moments of guilt about his blooming feelings for his best friend, but he had completely forgotten about his wife when with Michaela. How was that possible? How could he not act on his growing attraction for Hermione out of respect for Ginny, and yet he could shag a stranger without the minimum remorse?

"I'm shit" he whispered, putting his head in his hands, guilt overwhelming him. He wished he had a Time-turner to set things straight now.

Hermione said nothing, she just kept staring out of the window.

Silence engulfed the room for a long time, before Hermione finally spoke. "I…I think I should go for a walk" she said. Being in the same room he was in was unbearable now. She never thought he could hurt her so much, and yet he did.

Of course, it was unintentional, and the one really hurt should be Ginny, not her, as the redhead was his wife, and yet she felt betrayed, almost like he had cheated on her. She brushed away the tears falling from her eyes as she closed the door of their suite.

Harry nodded, his heart wrenching at the hurt clearly showing on her features. Seeing her cry was his undoing, and once she had left, he berated himself for his stupidity, pacing the suite angrily. It was five hours later when he fell asleep on the couch, and Hermione hadn't come back yet.

A/N: For those of you wondering about it, the Japanese Slipper is a cocktail made with Midori, Cointreau, and lemon juice.

-->