Unofficial Portkey Archive

Fight for Custody by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Fight for Custody

Harry85

Disclaimer: If this was mine, I'd be awfully rich, and we would be happy for HHr happening.

A/N: My reply to the "You can't take my child" challenge by Natsky, you can find it here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26363&st=0 . I hope you'll like the story, and I feel I need to alert you, Ginny won't be particularly likable here. I don't think that's a problem, but anyhow, I told you beforehand, ok? lol. Now, on with the story…as this is an epilogue, it will be very short, sorry.

Credit for the original plot of the story goes to AnasellaEmm, who wrote the story A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy on fanfiction.net.

Again, thanks to my great beta Gingercat. Sadly this is the last chapter but you'll see more of me soon, you won't be able to get rid of me this easily, lol! ;)

Fight for Custody

Chapter Thirteen: She, Who Should Mother His Children

A couple months after their honeymoon in Anguilla, Harry came home from work, and found Hermione in the living room, a book in her hands, but she was obviously nervous.

When she spotted him, she smiled shakily, and he knew something was wrong.

"Luv, what's bothering you?" he asked, kneeling in front of her and taking her hands in his own. She gazed into his emerald pools, and took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant" she said, anxiously waiting for his reaction. He was stunned, but a bubbling feeling of happiness quickly started spreading through him, and he pulled her up with him, enveloping her in a bear hug.

No words were needed for her to guess he was overjoyed, and the wave of relief made her loose her grip on her own emotions. It was just few moments before she started sobbing, and Harry looked worriedly at her.

"Hermione…" he started cautiously, and she knew what was going through his mind. She shook her head to reassure him, as a brilliant smile spread on her lips.

"These are tears of joy, Harry" she said.

"So you're not upset that you're pregnant with my child?" he asked, warily.

"No way" she said, pulling him down for a long kiss. "Because it would been, my being upset at the realisation of my deepest desires finally coming true" she murmured then against his lips, before kissing him hard once more.

--

Harry was inside a room in the St. Mungo's Hospital. He was holding his wife's hand, and he never guessed she could have such a vicious grip.

"If you come anywhere near me again, Potter, I swear I'll kill you with my bare hands" she growled through the pain of the delivery.

He smiled at her, knowing it was usual for women in labour to say such things to their husbands, or the fathers of their children, anyway.

"Another push, Mrs. Potter, and we should be done" the Healer advised, and Hermione closed her eyes in concentration, willing all the strength she still had into that push. A loud cry was heard as the baby was finally completely out, and soon cradled into a warm blanket by another Healer. Harry kept holding her hand.

It was not much later that the second twin was born, and Hermione exhausted, was brought back to her room to rest.

Harry went to tell the Weasleys, who were all waiting outside.

"They are here! Two little boys!" he said, with a proud smile.

"And here I thought twins ran only in the Weasley family" Ron joked clapping his best mate's back, as he and Luna had had twins too, and then there were Fred and George in the family of course.

--

Later, when Hermione had rested enough, Harry asked the Healers to bring their babies to her room so she could meet them. He was a bit anxious, as he had memories of Ginny not wanting to hold Bea when she was born, even if he rationally knew Hermione wouldn't act that way.

And in fact, the brunette was overjoyed to hold her sons in her arms, taking turns in cradling them.

"They are so beautiful" she said, as tears of joy ran down her cheeks.

"That they are. With your brown hair, and my green eyes, how could they not be?" he joked, and she playfully rolled her eyes at him.

He settled near her, as she smiled contentedly at him.

"I love you so much" she said.

"I love you too" he said, and in that moment he knew how it had always been meant to be, who should have been the mother of his children from the very beginning, who truly loved him for who he was and not for his fame.

Kissing her forehead as her eyes fluttered close, tiredness catching up with her again, he knew this time he had found his happy ending, for real.

He could already imagine himself and Hermione choosing names for the two little guys, and then raising them together, in a loving family.

Yes, now all was well.

-->