Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Vigilante by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Vigilante

Harry85

Disclaimer: Not mine, otherwise Harmony would have sailed.

A/N: My reply to the "Vigilante" challenge by Leochick, you can find it here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26730 . Hope you will enjoy the story, and please if you read review and let me know what you think of it, ok?

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

The Vigilante

Chapter Three: Training, part II

A couple weeks passed with the two of them going to run together every morning, then meeting at night for the rest of the training.

It was after one of those sessions, both of them being sweaty and tired, lying on the floor catching their breath that Hermione asked Harry for some pointers on flying.

He looked at her with his eyebrows raised, wondering why she would want to learn how to fly when she had always hated it before.

"It's just something I feel I have to learn, even if I'm not ecstatic to do so. I guess I can go on with our training routine on my own now, I feel I have a good grasp on it although I admit working out with company is much more fun that doing it on your own" she said with a smile and Harry grinned back.

"So you suggest from now on we meet for some flying lessons instead of running or training?" he asked, and she nodded.

"I think it would be for the best, so that I don't require too much of your time. I feel like I'm monopolizing you these days" she joked, and he rolled his eyes.

"It's not like there is someone waiting for me at home, you know" he said with a smile, nudging her on the shoulder. She stuck her tongue out at him in retaliation.

"Mature, Granger" he said, deadpanned, before forcing himself to stand up. "I guess I better go and catch some sleep" he sighed then, and she stood up too. Walking him to the door, she once more thanked him for his help.

"You don't know how much this means to me" she said, and he just grinned, nodding.

"No problem, Mione. You know you did much more for me back at Hogwarts. You'll just have to tell me why you go through all of this, one day, though" he smirked, and she snorted.

"You know if I don't want to, I'll never tell you, right?" she said, playing with her wand, and Harry's eyes widened.

"Ok, ok, I know when to pick my battles, and a duel with you is the last thing I'd willingly step into" he said, kissing her on the forehead before Apparating away to his flat, leaving Hermione to lean on her door, sighing, as she touched the spot where he had kissed her, knowing she would have to take care of her arousal on her own once more that night.

The next day, Harry arrived just after work and brought his Firebolt with him

"Ready for your first flying lesson?" Harry asked.

She nodded a bit warily, wondering if she was really doing the right thing.

"Don't worry, we will take it easy today. Just a bit of flying around together on my broom, so that you get acquainted with the feeling of being up in the air, then tomorrow we will start working on your technique"

"You want me to fly with you on your broom?" Hermione asked, wondering if she had heard right.

"Yup" Harry said, motioning for her to come, as he turned and headed outside the building.

Hermione followed soon, her mind reeling. A wizard and a witch, flying together on a broom…that was one of the many romantic images the Wizarding world offered, and the brunette felt a blush come to her cheeks at the prospect of sharing such a situation with Harry.

He instructed her to get on in front of him, and then he followed suit, his arms moving around her to grab the handle of the broom. Slowly, he kicked off, and Hermione fought the urge to snap her eyes closed.

"Relax" he whispered in her ear, making her shiver, and not because the chilly air of the night quickly descending upon them. That was not the best way to have her relax, she thought.

"You know I won't let you fall, right?" he added then, and she nodded, a small smile gracing her lips. She trusted him completely, and slowly relaxed, her body leaning against him, and she swore she heard him sigh contentedly when she did.

When they were finally high in the sky, she gasped. The scenery was truly breathtaking from up there, the stars and the moon seemed so close, almost at arm length, and under them London lay, her inhabitants minding their business, unaware of the couple watching them from over their heads, protected by Disillusionment Charms to avoid being spotted.

Harry moved over the town, slowly at first, then gaining speed, attempting some mildly bold moves, now and then one arm circling Hermione's waist as he secured her position on the broom and loving the feeling coming from the contact.

She shrieked now and then, when he got a bit carried away with the speed, but overall it was a pleasurable experience. She was once more amazed at his ability as a flier, and knew she would never be able to repeat some of those moves with the easiness he did them, not even if she practiced for years.

When they finally landed again, Hermione insisted on cooking dinner for him, and Harry knew he couldn't refuse without her suspecting he was avoiding her for some reason. He had started taking a shower at his own flat after their nightly training. She always reminded him there was no need as long as he had a change of clothes with him.[Author ID1: at Thu Apr 17 09:44:00 2008 ]Â [Author ID1: at Thu Apr 17 09:44:00 2008 ]

So, he accepted, knowing it would be torture for him to see her leave the bathroom in only a towel, and knowing he would need the best of his self control to rein in his lust for her. But he was confident he could manage, as long as it happened now and then, not every day.

It was hard enough to have to run and train with her, when she was wearing so little, and see her everyday at the Ministry during their working hours, without snogging her senseless or taking her against the nearest wall.

While Hermione showered, Harry was sitting in the living room, mentally preparing himself for the sight he would be met with in a few minutes. However, when she appeared in the doorway, a white towel wrapped around her body, her brown curls still wet, and told him the bathroom was all his, the raven haired young man knew whatever he did to prepare himself, such a sight would always affect him.

Struggling to maintain control and not do something he might regret, he quickly entered into the bathroom, letting the cold water of the shower spray calm him down.

The rest of the evening went on quietly, both of them sneaking glances at the other, both having a hard time keeping their feelings hidden, and yet both determined to not ruin their friendship with a possibly meaningless fling, or so they told themselves.

Hermione had proved to be an excellent cook, and Harry thought her lasagne and roasted chicken were the best he had ever eaten, even better than those from Molly, but be careful to no let her know that!

When they were done with dinner, Harry helped her wash the dishes, and finally Apparated home after thanking her for the delicious meal.

"It was nothing" Hermione blushed at the praise. "You're being so kind to help me, I thought I could do something nice for you too" she whispered, and he grinned, pulling her in a hug.

"You didn't have to, but thanks all the same" he said, before releasing her and wishing her good night. A couple moments later, he was gone with a soft pop.

Hermione sighed, and closed the door after her as she went to the living room for some duelling practice with enchanted dummies.

That was a part of her training she didn't share with Harry for fear he would see through her intentions and discourage her from going through with her plan. The fact he was helping her with the physical part and the flying was going to be risky enough when she would start the second part of the plan, but it couldn't be avoided.

It was well past midnight when she finally stripped to go to bed. While she brushed her teeth in the bathroom, a healthy habit she had picked up from her parents, them both being dentists, she noticed something crumpled in a corner of the room, and went to pick it up, realizing it was Harry's shirt.

With a mischievous smile, she Scourgified it, then removed her pyjamas top and slipped it on. That night, she would sleep comforted and engulfed by Harry's musky scent, and the simple thought made her feel giddy inside.

"Maybe this is a sign he will be on my side no matter what" she thought to herself with a smile as she let sleep engulf her.

--

At the same moment, in his flat, Harry realized his shirt was missing.

"Must have forgotten it at Hermione's" he mumbled while he downed a Butterbeer. "I'll get it tomorrow"

Minutes later, he was asleep too, his rest filled with a certain brunette witch and her hot, luscious body, involving in pleasurable activities with him.

-->