Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Two Boys by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Two Boys

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope, not mine. JK owns it.

A/N: My take on the "My Two Boys" Challenge, by ZerothChild. You can find it here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26727 . Hope you will enjoy it, I feel I need to warn you that romance won't be the main focus here, but friendship will be.

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

My Two Boys

Chapter Three: Humiliation

Parvati and Lavender were right. Just those simple changes to my wardrobe elicited a response in the guys.

More than once I found one of them looking at me almost in awe, and I could just blush, pleased. Parvati and Lav gave me knowing looks, and then giggled.

"You've got to get used to it, Hermione, because they won't stop anytime soon" the blonde told me with a sincere smile.

I smiled back, nodding.

"Feels nice" I admitted, while we entered the greenhouses for Herbology.

Ron and Harry still keep to themselves at times during the day, but right now I don't feel so upset. I've found someone else to hang out with, and it's much more fun than I thought.

Mum would be happy to see me stepping out of my shell and act more like the sixteen year girl I am.

I should write her about it, in fact. I think I might do that after lessons today. After all, it's been a while since I wrote home. Well, not really, just a couple weeks, but still.

Professor Sprout has finally arrived, so better keep these musings for later. Right now, Ron, Harry and I have to tend to this magical plant from Brazil, and it won't be an easy task. Just looking at it I can tell it's dangerous, we better concentrate.

--

After dinner I went to the Owlery to send that letter. Just imagining my mother's reaction to my letter makes me smile.

I can picture her squealing in the living room, excitedly planning a shopping spree as soon as I arrive home to get me more trendy fashions. Mum is one of the most level-headed people I know, when she focuses on her work, but at times she can be such a girl!

I giggle to myself, and shake my head. Finally managing to tie the letter to a brown school owl which glares at me for my antics before hastily leaving, I sigh, and start the long way back to the castle.

On my way, though, my good mood is spoiled by the blasted "Slytherin Prince", no one else than Draco Malfoy.

"What do you want?" I icily growl.

"Feeling good in your new tart-like clothes, uh Mudblood?" he drawls. I roll my eyes at him.

"Come up with something more creative, Malfoy, if you want to hurt me" I tell him as I walk away. I don't even realize I just challenged him, and that he will do just that.

--

A few days have gone past, and a Hogsmeade weekend has come. Lav and Parvati have decided to take me shopping with them, and since I've nothing else to do, I accept.

I didn't realize what kind of shopping we would be doing though. They had me buy some lingerie I'd have never thought of wearing. Now…well, now I feel more confident, so I agreed. But seriously, lacy black bras and panties? They weren't me at all only a few weeks ago.

I must admit Harry and Ron have been a bit silly. They feel like they need to protect me from the stares of the other boys, resuming our going to class together, sitting together in class, and such. It's almost like before this whole ordeal happened, but now and then I can see them whispering to each other, not wanting me to hear them. I wonder what they are talking about.

That night, I had to check something in the library.

"We will wait for you" Harry suggested, after sharing a look with Ron, who nodded.

"Really, Harry, I don't know how long it will take me. You two just head to dinner, I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself" I say, with a smile. He grins back, and finally nods.

"If you say so" he concedes, before being dragged away by Ron, who is clearly eager to go enjoy dinner. I swear, he could eat all day and not gain a stone. I envy him at times.

When I finally leave the library, I feel my stomach growl. Maybe skipping lunch today to finish that Potions essay wasn't a brilliant idea after all.

Rushing down the stairs hoping to catch the meal still being served, I never notice someone sending a hex my way.

Completely oblivious, I push open the doors of the Great Hall and start walking toward Ron and Harry, who have kept a seat for me.

Sweet of them.

But why is everyone staring at me like I've grown a second head?

I gently sit between my best friends, and notice they too are staring at me like I've gone mad. Finally taking a look at myself, I gasp, and want to disappear.

I don't know how, or why, but my clothes vanished! I'm the Great Hall, wearing only my new underwear!

Tears start to come to my eyes, and I feel myself going weak. I can't function properly, and both Harry and Ron, realizing my shock, decide it's best for me to go back to the common room.

As they escort me away, after conjuring robes for me to cover myself with, I meet the shocked eyes of Parvati and Lavender, and the smug ones of Malfoy on the opposite side of the room.

I know it was him, when he mouths to me "Got you" before starting to laugh with his cronies.

I feel completely humiliated, and can't help crying, finally slumping on the common room couch when I reach it, curling myself in a ball.

-->