Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Two Boys by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Two Boys

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope, not mine. JK owns it.

A/N: My take on the "My Two Boys" Challenge, by ZerothChild. You can find it here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26727 . Hope you will enjoy it, I feel I need to warn you that romance won't be the main focus here, but friendship will be.

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

My Two Boys

Chapter Four: Pampering and a Question

It takes only a few minutes before Ron and Harry barge into the room and sit near me, both wrapping their arms around me and whispering soothing words in my ears.

Slowly, I start to calm down, wiping away the last few tears, and smiling shakily at them.

"Thanks" I whisper, and they both nod.

"It's nothing. What are your best friends for, if not for this?" Ron says, and we all laugh.

"Seriously though, we are here for you, whatever you might need" Harry says, his green eyes boring into my brown ones.

I nod, because I know it's true. They might have been a bit distant these last few weeks but they have always been on my side whenever I've needed them, even before we were friends, with the troll incident.

"I know" I say softly, and he grins.

"Not a bad choice of underwear though" he smirks, teasing me, and I swat him playfully on the arm.

"Well, I think this evening has been stressful enough as it is, I better go get some sleep" I announce, and both accompany me to the stairs.

"You know you two can't go a step further or you'll slide down, right?" I joke, and they both smile sheepishly at me.

"Goodnight then" Ron says, and I wish them goodnight too.

Somehow, despite the humiliation, I manage to sleep well, knowing my friends are still on my side.

--

Next morning, Harry and Ron are already up waiting for me in the common room when I come down. That's a rarity, and I raise my eyebrows at them.

Harry shrugs, and says, "We figured you will probably be in the spotlight for a while, so we decided to not let you deal with it alone"

Ron nods in confirmation, and I smile warmly at them.

How thoughtful of those two, they really amaze me at times! So, we walk down the stairs to have breakfast in the Great Hall, and I immediately realize they were right. All the students we meet stare at me like I was some strange creature, and I'm suddenly glad I have my two best friends with me.

The same happens in the Great Hall, but I force myself to not think about it, and keep chatting with my two boys, and with Lav and Parvati, who have just arrived.

All day Ron and Harry are particularly protective of me, and if anyone dares to whisper a comment regarding last night's show, their glares quickly shut them up. Not that I need bodyguards, but it feels good to know they care.

As we walk away from the dungeons to have lunch, Harry speaks, an apologetic look on his face.

"Hermione, we wanted to let you know that we are sorry for leaving you out lately, it's just that we had to talk about girls, and…well, you are a girl, and usually guys don't talk with girls about this kind of problem…"

I nod, understanding. "It's ok, Harry. I'm sure if I had a boy problem I wouldn't want to talk about it with you or Ron either, so I guess it's only fair" I assure them, and I can see their stance relax, like a huge weight has been lifted off their shoulders. I can't believe they were so worried that I wouldn't forgive them for such a silly thing!

--

Some days have passed, and the attention about me hasn't decreased. Even with Harry and Ron keeping the nasty comments from others at a minimum and scaring away whoever dares to stare at me, it starts to get on my nerves.

Finally we enter the Great Hall for dinner, and I sigh in frustration as once more all eyes are glued on me. Harry is on my right, Ron on my left, and we make our way to the Gryffindor table, ignoring the stares that even some of our housemates give us, but mostly me.

However, the attention of the student body of Hogwarts suddenly shifts when Malfoy enters the Great Hall with Crabbe and Goyle, all of them in only their boxers, a sign "I am in love with these two" on their chests.

The whole Great Hall erupts in laughter, and the three Slytherins look at each other in confusion. It's evident they don't see anything different about themselves.

I catch Ron and Harry exchanging a satisfied look, and I know then that it's been the two of them who did that, to shift the attention from me to someone else.

I don't know when they planned it, but it works, because since that moment, my humiliation is completely forgotten and everyone has a new "scandal" to gossip about.

I am very grateful to both of my boys, and I am sure no best girl friend could have done what they did, consciously knowing that if they were caught they would be hardly punished and still doing it all the same just to make me feel better.

It's then that I know I wouldn't trade my two boys for the friendship of every girl in the Wizarding world, because we have a bond that I know can't be bested.

--

Hogsmeade weekend is coming up again in a couple days, and I see Harry nervously looking at me since this morning. Finally, I ask him.

"Harry, what's wrong?"

He shakes his head, but I know something troubles him. "Come on, spill it" I almost order him, and he knows I won't let this go till he tells me.

Taking a deep breath, he finally locks eyes with me and says, "Hermione would you like to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?"

"Harry, we always go together" I say, confused.

He shakes his head, and smiles. "Not as friends. I mean on a date, only me and you"

He's asking me out? Oh my…

I feel a blush coming up my cheeks and I look at him. He's nervously fidgeting with his robes, waiting for my answer, and I let my lips spread in a smile.

"I would love to" I say, and I can see his eyes lighting up in joy. He grins at me, and nods, before finally turning to go see why Ron is calling him from the dorms.

I sit on the couch and sigh contentedly, my mind already going to the weekend, and for the first time in my life I can't wait for lessons to be over.

-->