Unofficial Portkey Archive

Craving the Fame by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Craving the Fame

Harry85

Disclaimer: Not mine, unfortunately. JK Rowling owns it all…

A/N: My reply to the "Flowers in the Attic" challenge by What Contented Men Desire, here you can find it: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26767 Hope you will enjoy, it's kind of dramatic at times.

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

Craving the Fame

Chapter Four: Attempts at Murder, Part I

While Harry hastily retreated to his room, Ginny remained there on the couch, wondering why he was resisting her so much. Sure, he was a honourable man and he wouldn't cheat on his wife, but there must be something else driving him to resist even a lust potion, apart for his uncanny ability at resisting mind control.

She just needed to find out what it was, and then remove it, somehow.

With that thought, she sighed to herself and went to bed. At least, this time he didn't know what had happened had been her fault, and she could continue her attempts at getting him and most of all the fame being his wife brought.

No doubt Hermione had been ecstatic to marry him because of that, the little slut.

But Ginny would make sure things went the way they were supposed to, with the redhead by Harry's side whenever he was in the press. She would give him a family and make him happier than Hermione could. Ginny had always suspected that the brunette wasn't exactly skilled under the sheets, while she…well, she had had lots of different lovers through the years, before her wedding but also after.

What Albert didn't know didn't hurt him, right? So yes, Ginny was confident she was much better than Hermione in the sack, and Harry would love to shag her for hours, and she would be more than happy to carry his children.

As she mused about it the next morning at breakfast, a sudden thought struck her, like an epiphany.

The children! He was resisting her because of the children!

How stupid of her not to think about it sooner. Of course a divorce would hurt the three brats and Harry would never hurt his kids, not after all that he had gone through in his own childhood.

That had to be the reason, and so she should take those three annoying little things out of the picture, of course without having anyone know her responsibility in it.

But how? A kidnapping could work, but for how long? Aurors might find them and that would lead back to her. Not exactly the best way to win Harry's heart, letting him know she was the cause of his children being taken away from him.

She had to make sure they weren't able to testify against her, or anyway to provide a link to her that would get her in trouble.

She had to kill them, shut them up forever. She had never liked the three of them anyway, they were all too serious, their only redeeming quality is that they both love Quidditch, but that was not enough to stop her from getting rid of them, after all, nothing or no one was going to stand in the way of her winning Harry's heart!

If she really was to do it, she needed a well developed plan, one that was foolproof.

Smirking maliciously, the redhead retreated to her chambers to plot her moves toward finally becoming Harry's wife. Of course, she could kill Hermione too, and make things easier, but she wouldn't.

She wanted to see the brunette's face when Harry willingly chose Ginny over her, and for that Hermione had to stay alive. She could kill her later, after the wedding, and make it appear to be a suicide.

--

A couple nights later, when everyone was fast asleep already, Harry having been the last to go to bed as he stayed up late chatting with Hermione who had just returned from her business trip, Ginny silently slipped out of her room, wand in hand. Paddling through the corridors, she reached the room where little Alexandra was sleeping in.

Casting a Silencing Charm on the room, she neared the bed, and watched with fascination the little girl breathing steadily, her chest rising and falling, completely unaware that her young life was about to be broken.

Raising her wand, Ginny aimed it at the little girl's neck, and whispered, "Sectumsempra!"

Then, she waited, watching with morbid interest as the little girl's eyes shot open from the sudden pain and the difficulties of breathing, her own blood slowly choking her, burbles coming from her throat as she tried inhaling, the red puddle at the foot of her bed quickly enlarging, those brown orbs looking at Ginny pleadingly, asking for help, but the redhead just leaned on the wall, watching the show, until the little girl's heart stopped and she was dead.

Then, Ginny walked out of the room and down to the living room, where she created a bit of mishap, turning the couch backwards, destroying a small table and a window, then she cast a Stinging Hex on her own cheek, resembling the effect of a slap, and finally bound herself in tight ropes and cast a silencing charm on herself.

It was uncomfortable but it would make the situation much more believable when she would be found, her story being that someone had entered the house and when she spotted him he disarmed her, slapped her hard, and silenced her as she was to call for help, and finally bound her.

"He was really large, bulky, and he was much stronger than me physically, I couldn't do anything" she cried over Albert's shoulder while retelling her story to the Aurors the next morning. She had previously destroyed some precious objects to simulate a robbery, with them missing her story was believable.

She cast a glance at Harry and Hermione, silently crying together in a corner, hugging each other and trying not to break down completely, supporting each other in a moment of such pain and despair.

The redhead felt a flicker of guilt at causing Harry so much pain.

"I'm sorry, Harry, but I need to free you from the ties binding you to that…that…that cow, and if this is what it takes, then I'll do it with no regrets" she thought to herself, while the Aurors took away the tiny body of the deceased Alexandra Potter.

--

For a few weeks Ginny kept quiet. She figured she needed to give Harry the time to adjust to the loss before continuing her plan, both with the seduction attempts and the murders of his other two children. It wouldn't do to have him free from his ties to Hermione if the sadness of losing his three children drove him crazy. Ginny knew Harry loved them very much, and vowed to give him as many babies as she could once they were married, to repay him for this pain she was inflicting on him.

Besides, Harry and Hermione had become extremely protective of Mark and Fabian since the murder of Alexandra, and that made Ginny's job more difficult, as she absolutely couldn't get caught.

She needed time to plan her next move with accuracy, and in the meantime let Harry grieve a bit before administering the next blow.

-->