Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Seven Virtues and The Seven Sins by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Seven Virtues and The Seven Sins

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope, not mine. I'm not an Heron shipper, thank you very much.

A/N: My response to the "My sin, My virtue" challenge from cosmopolitan, here's the link to it: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26784 Hope you will enjoy, and as usual if you read, please review, ok? Thanks! Oh, by the way, I think this could be considered a collection of one shots, everyone focusing on a different sin/virtue. Just so you know and aren't disappointed by the lack of continuity between the chapters, lol. Also, the chapters will feature a virtue, and then the opposing sin in the following chapter.

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

The Seven Virtues And The Seven Sins

Chapter Ten: Envy

That cow stole him from me! He was destined to be my knight in shining armour, the hero who falls in love with the little humble girl. I was to be his princess, and give him a family. Look at that bitch, her frizzy hair, how she's always locked in the library studying. What fun can she be? I'm sure she is completely frigid in bed too. That's if she lets him shag her, which of course I doubt. The little saint surely will want to wait for her wedding night. Whoever does that anymore, anyway?

Now I would be a good girlfriend for him. Look at me, my long, flowing red hair, and let's say it, I've got the looks she doesn't have. A nice bum, like many boys have mentioned, and a big enough chest. Of course, the fact I reduced the size of my shirts to show off more cleavage helps to get their attention, but really, I am sexier than her. And I'd let him shag me senseless for hours, our cries of passion mingled together. Yeah, I'd be a much better girlfriend for him than that bookworm. She has no fashion sense at all, what kind of girl is she anyway?

He should have been mine, his lips should have been on mine now, not hers. Mmh, I'd love to feel his hands run on me like he's doing now to her. It's unfair. I want him, I deserve to have him. Haven't I been a good girl for years? Where's my reward for that? I can't fathom why he would choose her over me, I mean, she's plain, boring, doesn't even play or like Quidditch!

I would be a much better match for him, that's clear. Oh, well, I'll just have to show him what he's missing out on. I'll find myself a boy toy and make him jealous, and then he'll leave the cow and come to me, and I'll be the good one and forgive him for his mistake and let him have me like he should have all along.

--

I really can't stand them anymore. They are constantly flaunting their relationship in front of everyone, with that horrible lovey-dovey attitude. Many say it's so cute, so sweet that long time friends ending up falling in love, and that they are perfect for each other.

I constantly hear Parvati or Lavender say that they had always known it would end this way. Someone even made bets on it, from what I hear. Disgusting.

All of them, they don't understand anything. It's me who is perfect for her. She should have been mine, not his. Why it is that he always gets everything I want?

He's rich, so rich that he wouldn't have to work if he didn't want to. He's famous, so that he could have any girl he wants, and he now has Hermione too, the girl who should have been mine. Some best mate he proved to be, he knew I fancied her since fourth year, and he never showed any interest in her in that way before, but suddenly now he does.

They cuddle together on the couch in the common room, and I can't help thinking that it should be me holding her close, kissing the top of her head, giving her a good, long goodnight kiss.

They walk the corridors hand in hand, and I want to rip off his arm for touching her the way only I should be allowed to. They don't have sexual tension, it's quite obvious that she craves my touch from the way she's always ready to jump down my throat with her scathing remarks. That is a clear sign of unresolved sexual tension, the way we bicker.

They never fight for anything, they should just be friends. That's not the way relationships are supposed to work.

On Valentine's he came down to breakfast with a single white rose and a box of chocolates, and I barely restrained myself from gagging when she gave him his reward, a very thorough kiss in the middle of the Great Hall, with most of the students cheering and the girls sighing over the extremely mushy gesture.

Whatever.

I want her, I want what he has. Why can't I have it? I deserved it, didn't I? I've been through hell with him for years, following him on all his crazy adventures, and what's my reward? A bloody prefect badge that was given to me just because Dumbledore felt the poor guy had already too much on his shoulders. Not even that was completely mine, the only time I bested him it was out of pity for his circumstances.

What does he have that's better than me anyway? He's a sixteen years old boy just like me, although they make him a celebrity for something he doesn't even have a clue about how it had happened, when he was a baby.

All the other times he did something big, it was mostly luck. You want to tell me he knew to put his hands on Quirrel's face to stop the Professor from killing him? Or that the Sorting Hat would provide him Gryffindor's sword, and Fawkes would heal him from the Basilisk venom? Did he know that a future "him" would go back in time and save him from the Dementors, or that a simple Expelliarmus would trigger the Priori Incantatem thing in the graveyard, saving his ass once more? The only time he did something because he really thought he was doing the right thing, he ended getting his own Godfather killed.

He should have listened to Hermione telling him it was a trap. I would have. Doesn't this prove I'm better than him at listening to her? This shows how she would be happier with me than with him.

"You know, you shouldn't envy him" an airy voice startles me. I turn just to find myself staring into the big blue eyes of Luna Lovegood.

"What do you mean?" I ask her, rather gruffly I admit.

"They are clearly happy together, and as their friend, you should be happy for them, not envy him. Think about it, he's lost so much already, his parents, the chance to grow up in a loving family, and he has had to face the darkest wizard of all times more than once already. Would you really want to be him just to enjoy his money, his fame? And Hermione, she's clearly not suited for you. The two of you always fight, and end hurting each other. Do you think that would change if you were in a relationship?"

Thinking about it, her views about Elves, and the need to study, for example, wouldn't change even if we were together, and I'm sure I'd call her on it just the same. We would still be fighting.

As for what Luna said about him, I guess I can see where she's coming from. Sure, it would be nice to have his money, and to be famous so that pretty girls would throw themselves at me, or the papers would be interested in what I do. But if the price for that is to not have Mum and Dad, or my brothers…heck, even Percy and the twins, they can be annoying, but I'm sure I'd miss them. That's not worth losing my family.

I begrudgingly admit Luna's right.

"Plus, Hermione's not the only girl on Earth, you know. There may be someone interested in you like she is in Harry" she remarks. I turn to look at her, and as I do, she gives me a pretty smile. I find myself smiling back, my hand moving to grab her own. She doesn't pull away, instead she entwines our fingers together.

"Let's go for a walk" she suggests, and I nod. Maybe I won't have to envy him anymore for having found love, I may just have started my way to it myself.

-->