Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Seven Virtues and The Seven Sins by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Seven Virtues and The Seven Sins

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope, not mine. I'm not an Heron shipper, thank you very much.

A/N: My response to the "My sin, My virtue" challenge from cosmopolitan, here's the link to it: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26784 Hope you will enjoy, and as usual if you read, please review, ok? Thanks! Oh, by the way, I think this could be considered a collection of one shots, everyone focusing on a different sin/virtue. Just so you know and aren't disappointed by the lack of continuity between the chapters, lol. Also, the chapters will feature a virtue, and then the opposing sin in the following chapter.

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

The Seven Virtues And The Seven Sins

Chapter Thirteen: Charity

I've always known that Harry was a good person, even when he was moody or angry because burdened with having to face Voldemort and kill or be killed.

He's always had what I called his "saving people thing", and at times I regret labelling it so. I mean, I was the first person he saved, from a troll when he was only eleven, so one would expect a bit more gratitude from me, right? But he knows. He knows I am grateful, and he knows I didn't mean to offend him when I said that thing in our fifth year.

But now that the war is finished, Harry hasn't stopped amazing me. Sure, he never cared much for his fame and money, and he's always been ready to share his fortune with us. More than once Ron and I have had to deflect his attempts at buying us things.

Ron may have done it more out of pride, while I did because I didn't want him to waste his money on me.

I guess he found someone else not so lucky, who really needs his help, and he is more than willing to give it.

I stand here, on his right side, while Minister Shacklebolt is giving his speech, both of us attending the inauguration of the "Harry Potter Centre for Magical Orphans". I know how much he fought to keep his name out of it, but the Minister was adamant.

"These kids ought to know who is the gentle soul that is paying for their schooling, meals and clothes" Kingsley had said. In the end, Harry had relented.

I slip my hand into his, and squeeze. He looks at me and smiles. I beam at him, I'm so proud of him right now. He has learned from his own experience, and Tom Riddle's too.

A mistreated magical child can become really dangerous, even if that wasn't the case with Harry. He's smart enough to know it could have, though, just like with Tom Riddle aka Voldemort. This is the reason why he gave most of the money his parents left him to build and manage this institution, and I never met Lily and James, but I'm sure they would be proud of how he spent their money too.

Harry's always been generous with those around him. Just look at the money he won with the Triwizard Tournament, he gave it to the twins without a second thought, so that they could start their business. Of course, he has by now received back much more, considering how well business is going for WWW and the fact he's a partner and receives a regular share of their earnings. But when he gave it to them, he didn't know it would work, still he didn't hesitate.

He just asked them to buy Ron something now and then, and Ginny too, since they wouldn't accept it from him, if not something small for Christmas or birthdays.

But when I say he's generous I don't mean only on a material point of view. He's always been ready to give up his own happiness for others, just look at how he decided to give up on his feelings for me during the Horcrux Hunt. When Ron came back, Harry told him he saw me only as a sister, while I later on discovered he already had romantic feelings for me. I'm sure you can imagine how angry I was at him when I found out, especially because he assumed my own feelings for him.

But the fact is, he didn't think twice about sacrificing his own happiness to make Ron happy.

Minister Shacklebolt has called him on stage for a few words, and I can tell he's nervous. I try to reassure him meeting his eyes when he's up there, and smiling brightly at him. He nods, before clearing his throat and starting his little speech.

Just a small piece about how caring for the upbringing of the new generations is key to avoid new wars, and how everyone who has the opportunity should help those less fortunate, nothing huge and overwhelming, but I like his words all the same. You can tell that they come straight from his heart, and that's the most important thing.

When he joins me again in the first row of seats, before the Minister officially declares the orphanage open, he looks at me almost asking me how he did.

"You were wonderful" I whisper into his ear as he wraps his arm around me. I snuggle closer to him as I take my first look at just another amazing act of his selfless heart.

-->