Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Cold Ones by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Cold Ones

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope, not mine. If it were we would be celebrating a very different epilogue, you know. Everything you can recognize from Twilight belongs to Stephanie Meyer. The legends about vampires and their explanations are taken from "The Twilight Companion" by Lois H. Gresh.

A/N: Chapter 10 is here guys. Hope the cliffie didn't upset you too much, lol. I know it's mean to use them but they are useful for authors, you know ;) The process of turning one into a vampire is a slight variation of that used in "Forever Knight" by DeliverMeFromEve, I asked her for permission to use it, so all of you who have read that story will recognize it, probably. And of course, thanks to my wonderful beta Gingercat, she truly is a great help.

The Cold Ones

Chapter Ten: Recover and a Ball

I slowly open my eyes, and then shut them again. The light is too strong and I can't stand it.

"Hermione" I hear Harry whispering, his hand squeezing mine. Only now I realize he has been holding it in his own since I woke up, and who knows for how long. "You're awake"

"Yeah" I croak out. My throat's dry.

"Here" he says, giving me a glass of water. He helps me drink it, and for that I'm immensely grateful, because I wouldn't have been able to lift myself up enough to do so.

"What happened?" I ask, settling once more against my pillow.

"You gave me a nasty scare, babe, that's what happened" he jokes before telling me.

Harry heard what the vampire said about turning Hermione and making her his bitch, and he wanted nothing more than to rip him into a million pieces. But he also knew that his family would be looking out for her, so he concentrated on keeping his teeth sunk into Voldemort's throat, although the awful taste of the Dark Lord's blood disgusted him.

Finally, the Dark Lord's body slumped on the ground, and Harry let him go. Spitting a mouthful of blood, he hastily looked around searching for Hermione, and expelled a long breath as he saw Luna tending to her, while Bill and Ron had taken care of the other vampire, cutting his head off and burning the remains.

He shuddered at the thought of what could have happened to Hermione if his family hadn't been around. As much as he loved Hermione, and he did more than anything, he couldn't let Voldemort rise again, and so he would have had to let the other vampire have her.

"What did he want to do to me?" I ask, confused.

"Hermione, you know that to turn a human into a vampire, the vamp needs to bite and then not drain his victim's blood, otherwise he would kill the human" he starts, running a hand through his hair. It's adorable when he does that.

I know, I know, I'm not in any condition to be thinking these things, but he really is.

Focusing again on what he's saying, I hear the rest of his explanation.

"If he had made you drink his blood, had you been willing to or not would have made no difference. You would have become a vampire, but you'd also be subject to his will"

"Is that what he meant by making me his bitch?" I ask, a shiver of fear passing through my body.

"Yes. Basically, you would have become his slave, so of course had he asked you to have sex with him, or anything along those lines, you would have had to comply, because of the bond between you and him that would have formed had you drank his blood. Luckily, Luna and Bill were nearby so they knocked him off of you, and then Bill and Ron killed him while Luna tended to your injuries"

I feel a tad of disappointment knowing he wasn't the one to save me. But then I remember what he had been doing, and want to hit myself. Of course he couldn't come, he couldn't let go of Voldemort just to save me!

I look up at him, unsettled by the sudden silence, and see his pained face as he looks down at the pavement. I feel even worse than I did a moment ago for thinking he didn't care enough to come and save me.

Trying to break the tension, I ask the other question going through my mind. "Am I a vampire now?"

He looks up, and gives me a lopsided smile, before shaking his head. "No" he says.

"How come? He bit me, I know this for sure!"

"Yeah, but being bit doesn't always equal being infected. There's a way to avoid the infection spreading"

Harry ran to Hermione's side as soon as he had effectively drained Voldemort of his life.

"How is she?" he asked Luna, the best in the family when it came to healing and medical treatment in general.

"She's lost a lot of blood from the site of the bite, and this is making the infection spread quicker. She only has a few minutes before she turns" the blonde told him.

"What can I do?"

"You can let her turn, or suck the venom out of her" Luna told him, looking him straight in the eyes. Both knew what sucking the venom out entailed, and Harry felt suddenly tired, and unable to do anything.

He didn't want Hermione to become a vampire like him, most people considered them monsters, but at the same time he didn't know if he was strong enough to save her from it. He could make things worse.

"I won't be able to stop" he whispered. Luna patted his shoulder. "You're the most strong-willed person, or vampire, I've ever met, Harry. You can do it. But remember, I saw her as one of us"

"You visions change though, Luna" Harry reminded her. Finally, he took a deep breath and raised Hermione's wounded arm to his mouth. With a last look to Luna, who nodded encouragingly at him, he steeled his resolve.

"If I don't stop, knock me off her" he told his adopted sister, then put his mouth to the wound and started sucking.

The sensation of Hermione's blood filling his mouth was incredible, better than anything he had ever tasted before, and he felt he could easily get addicted to it. He sucked in a big mouthful, and then another, and another, and every one made him crave more of her living essence, more of her unique taste, the one he could only smell till now, and found so enticing. The smell, though, was only a vague impression of it, and so he couldn't stop himself from sucking her blood.

"Stop, Harry. The venom's gone, you're gonna kill her" he heard a distant voice, but he kept sucking.

"Find the will, Harry. I know you can" the voice insisted, a voice he recognized, a voice he knew he should listen to.

"Find the will, Harry" he heard again. It was Luna.

Suddenly, he stopped sucking, and let Hermione's arm fall limply near her body. He was ashamed of how he lost control, almost sucking her dry.

"Did I kill her?" he fearfully asked. Luna smiled at him, shaking her head.

"No, you didn't. She just passed out because of the loss of blood. Let's get her to Poppy"

I listen to his voice, snuggling into the pillow. I'm still very tired, but I guess it is to be expected with the amount of blood I lost. Not even the Blood Replenishing potion can fill me again so quickly.

I want to ask him why he didn't let me turn, but I feel my eyelids growing heavy. I guess it will have to wait. He must have sensed my tiredness, because I hear him chuckle.

"You're still pretty weak, uh?" he says, squeezing my hand again. I nod, smiling sheepishly at him.

"Will you stay with me?" I ask.

He moves from his chair, and sits on the edge of the bed, caressing my forehead and brushing a lone lock of hair out of my face.

"Where else could I go?" he whispers, and I can feel in the intensity of his words that he truly means it. Then he kisses my forehead, and leans on the bed near me.

"I don't think Poppy will approve" I joke, but it is ruined by a yawn. I'm really sleepy now.

"I'll deal with it then" he says. "Now sleep. You need to regain your strength"

I still have a question though.

"What about Voldemort?"

"I dealt with him" he says. That I already knew, of course. "He's dead now" he adds then, seeing I was not satisfied with his answer.

Reassured by his answer, I finally follow his advice and let sleep take me again.

***

It's been a few days since I left the hospital wing. I've now regained most of my strength, I'm still a tiny bit pale but Poppy reassures me that it will pass in a week or so.

As I walk down the steps to the common room I can't believe I'm actually going to the Graduation Ball with a date. I would have never dreamt it only a few months ago.

Taking a deep breath, I will myself to go down the stairs to find Harry waiting for me. It takes him a moment to realize I'm there, as he sees Ron look my way and grin, and then he turns.

I can actually see his eyes darken as they roam over my body, and it sends shivers down my spine to be able to elicit such responses from him.

In a few strides he's in front of me. "You're gorgeous" he whispers, making me blush.

"Thanks" I reply. "The dress is actually Luna's, she leant it to me…" I start to explain, but I stop and take a long breath as he cups my cheek. I can see the devotion in his eyes.

"I'll buy you one just like this one then, because you look absolutely drop dead sexy in it" he whispers into my ear, and then gives me a mischievous smile. I weakly smile back.

"So, are we ready to go now?" Ron asks, his hands around Luna's waist as they are waiting for us near the portrait hole.

We both nod and make our way to them, and together we walk to the Great Hall where the Ball is taking place. I hope everything goes well because I know how hard Dean worked for it, being on the committee to organise the entire evening.

As we enter the Hall, I take a look around, and can't help grinning. Everyone is having fun it seems, and the news of Voldemort's death must have raised their spirits even more.

I spot my friends dancing already. I'm glad things seem to be working out for Dean and Parvati. She has fancied him for a long time, according to her since fourth year, but he never noticed her till recently.

Lavender wears a pink dress we went to buy yesterday, and I can see she was right about it enhancing her chest. Seamus is blatantly staring at it, after all.

Boys! What is it with them and boobs anyway?

Still, I think they make a cute couple.

"Hey, Sunshine" Seamus greets me with my by now familiar nickname. I roll my eyes good-naturedly at him.

"Hi Seamus" I say as we near them. "Having fun?" I say, raising my eyebrows. He blushes as he understands what I mean by it, and nods. I actually laugh.

We finally find a good spot for dancing, not too crowded.

"You really want me to dance? I don't think I'm strong enough for it yet" I say, trying to worm my way out of it.

"I can make you" Harry smirks, and then lifts me slightly off the floor, starting to move with the rhythm of the music.

"See? You're dancing!" he says, smirking.

"At the Graduation Ball" I add with a smile.

"At the Graduation Ball" he agrees.

"I still can't believe it" I softly add.

We "dance" some more, but he must have sensed that I'm not completely at ease.

"Want to go get some fresh air?" he asks, and I nod. We slowly make our way through the crows, and out of the Hall. We are walking hand in hand as we leave the castle and set for a stroll around the grounds.

"Are you ok?" he asks me after some minutes of silence.

"Yeah, I am" I smile warmly at him. "I was just wondering…"

"Wondering about what?" he asks, and I shrug.

"Harry, why did you save me? Had you let the venom spread, now I'd be like you" I say.

He chuckles bitterly. "Believe me, you wouldn't want it. You don't know what you're talking about"

"But why? We could be together forever!" I object. He stops.

I do too after a couple steps, and turn to look at him, almost gasping at the deadly serious expression on his face.

"I'll never, never, put an end to your life" he says, and I can see he means it.

"But I'm already dying! Every second I get older, and closer to my death! Sure, wizards and witches live longer, but they still die of old age!" I protest, trying to make him see my point.

"And that's how it should be" he replies, as we start walking again.

"Luna said she saw me like you" I say. Time to lay all the cards on the table, so I reveal that I've heard their conversation. He looks taken aback for a moment, but then he regains his serious expression.

"Her visions change, Hermione"

"Yeah, they change following people's decisions. I've set my mind, Harry. I want to be like you"

"So is this what you want? To be a monster?" he spats, still trying to change my mind.

"You're not a monster" I softly say, cupping his cheeks and stepping closer. "And I want to be with you forever, this is what I want"

"Forever" he repeats, licking his lips as he gazes at mine. Then he bents down. "Wouldn't you be happy enough with a very long life with me?" he whispers, only an inch away from my lips.

I finally sigh. "Yes. Yes, I would" I say, admitting defeat. "For now" I add then, letting him know this is not over. We are both stubborn, but I'm not easily swayed from my views, and I know what I want.

For now though, I let him kiss me and put an end to our argument, kissing him back with all my might, letting all my love for him into this smoldering kiss that is almost making my toes curl, and a shot of warmth pool into my core.

"H-Harry" I gasp as he kisses my neck, my hands buried into his hair, playing with his unruly locks. "Harry" I say again.

"Yes?" he whispers amongst his kisses.

"Let's go to my room" I huskily say. I can feel my arousal start to dampen my panties, and I want him, now!

"Are you sure?" he chivalrously asks. Damn him and his manners, I just want him to shag me senseless.

"Yes!" I say, and he smirks at my impatience. I feel a tug on my hand and a moment later, we are on my bed. I don't even want to know how we got there, all I care about right now is that I want to make love with him.

I pull his shirt out of his trousers and slip my hands under it, feeling his hard muscles under my fingers. He hisses as I brush over his nipple, and I feel a surge of excitement pooling down into my core at the thought that I can make him react this way.

His hands slip behind me, finding the zipper of my dress, and bringing it down. He then slowly pushes the straps down my shoulders, while I work on the buttons of his shirt, our mouths never coming apart as our tongues continue their mad dance together, twirling, battling for dominance.

I've never felt like this, completely on fire, every nerve in my body standing at alert to catch every single sensation. Finally he breaks the kiss but I have not even the time to protest before feeling his lips close down on my exposed neck. It would be so easy for him to bite me now…and I moan loudly as the thought peaks my arousal even more.

I don't know why but there is something really sexual in being completely at his mercy, knowing that he could change my whole life in a moment if he so wanted. I feel his hands grasping the straps of the dress and leading them further down my arms, uncovering my chest to his view for the first time.

He stops kissing me, and I blush under his scrutiny as he takes in the view of my breasts fully.

"I know they're not big…" I self-consciously whisper, and he turns to look at me. I can see his eyes are almost completely golden now, only a hint of their normal emerald green has remained in them.

"They're perfect. You are perfect" he whispers against my lips before kissing me again as he cups my mounds of flesh with his hands, kneading my hardening nipples.

The contact with his cold skin makes me shiver, and my nipples standing to full attention much quicker. He rolls one between his fingers as he's still kissing me, and I find myself gently biting onto his lower lip, pushing myself more into him, and in doing so I feel once more the proof of his arousal.

I push his shirt off his shoulders, taking a long look at his hard, sculptured chest, before he bends down to engulf my other nipple in his mouth, sucking on it and circling it with his tongue.

"Harry!" I cry, burying my hands into his hair and almost pushing him more into my fleshy orb. He chuckles and I feel the vibrations of it against my sensitive skin. For some time, I have no idea how long, he plays with my boobs, switching his attention and his mouth from one to the other, making me more and more hot. Finally, he proceeds down, kissing his way through my belly to the waistband of my knickers.

He looks at me, silently asking for permission, and I simply nod, watching with some kind of fascination as he hooks his fingers on both sides and easily slides the cloth down my legs, leaving me completely exposed. The chill, or at least chillier than my skin, air hits my soaked centre and I shiver as Harry tosses my underwear on the floor, before settling between my legs.

"You're beautiful" he whispers, awed, and I blush.

"Don't stare" I bashfully mutter, and he smirks at me. "Embarrassed?"

I try to glare at him, but then he runs a finger along my slit and I arch my back at the sudden sensation. He stops then, and I pout.

"You're mean" I cry, and he chuckles again. "I take it you want me to keep doing that?" he cheekily asks, and I nod.

"Yes, please"

And he does. He runs his finger along my slit again, up, and down, before slipping it inside making me cry out his name in ecstasy. As I'm just coming down from my mini-orgasm, he finds my clit and pinches it, making me shudder in pleasure. But it's not over yet, because then he keeps playing with my clit, while he places his mouth on my pussy, licking up the juices flowing out of it. I don't know what I expected but the feeling of his tongue probing inside my core is absolutely glorious, and I don't want him to stop, ever.

Eventually, though, his ministrations bring me to the brink of orgasm, and I shout his name to the night over and over as he sucks on my clit once more, while driving his middle finger inside me.

When I finally calm down a bit, and my breathing returns to a semblance of normalcy, I look at him hungrily. "Your turn now, Harry" I huskily say, moving toward him. I kneel in front of him, unbuckling his pants, and slowly bringing them down to his ankles. Next I push down his boxers and finally reveal him in all his glory.

As I close my hand around his erection I hear him hiss, and smirk to myself. I pump him a few more times, loving to hear him growl that way, before tentatively slipping the head of his member into my mouth, and swirling my tongue around it.

"Her-mion-eeee!" he moans as I cup his balls with my free hand and start fondling them, while at the same time sucking hard on him. I try slipping all his length into my mouth, but he's too big and I end up gagging.

"You ok?" he concernedly asks me, and I nod, coughing. So much for not revealing how new to this I am…

"You don't have to do that if you don't want to, you know" he reassures me as he runs his hand through my brown curls, but I am not Hermione Granger for nothing. I always learn what I don't already know, and so I give it another try.

This time, I manage to get it right, and keep licking and sucking him until he stiffens, holding my head in place.

"I'm cumming!" he growls, and before I can grasp what he's saying his load hits my throat. I reflexively swallow it all.

"Whoa" he whispers once he's spent himself into my mouth. I wipe my lips with my hand, and give him an impish smile.

"You're not already too tired, are you?" I wink at him, settling back on the bed. He smirks at me before joining me and kissing me hard, our tongues once more finding each other in a mad dance. Eventually, our kissing slows down and becomes sweeter, gentler. He pushes a strand of my ear behind my ear, cupping my cheek with his hand.

"I love you so much, Hermione" he whispers against my lips, and I can see in his eyes that he means it.

"I love you too, Harry" I say, initiating another kiss. I slip my hand between our bodies, and guide his shaft to my entrance.

"Please" I say to him, and he understands. Slowly, incredibly slowly, he slips inside me, always watching me for signs that I want to stop. I feel him stretching me wide, but it is not an unpleasant sensation, just a new one. I feel then his hardness hitting my womanhood, and I prepare myself for the pain that is going to follow. With a small nod, I urge him to go further, and when he does, I feel a sharp sting. He kisses me hard to distract me from the pain, and I willingly let him.

After a moment or two, the stinging starts to subside. "You can move now" I whisper.

"You sure?"

I just nod, and so he starts to slowly move, careful not to hurt me further. The pain starts to change into pleasure, and so I start meeting his thrusts with my own.

"Faster! Go faster, Harry!" I urge him, and he complies, eager to please. I wrap my arms around his neck as he keeps pushing in and out of me, bringing me up and up toward another mind-blowing climax.

Finally, I come just as he does too, stars clouding my vision once more as I slowly relax on the bed. He lays down next to me, pulling my body to him.

"It was amazing" he whispers, and I laugh.

"It was even better than that" I admit, and can feel him grinning. With a flick of his fingers he moves the sheets to cover us, and I snuggle into his chest as I feel myself getting sleepy.

"Rest, now. I'll stay here" he whispers, kissing my ear, and I smile contentedly.

I am definitely glad I accepted the invitation to come to Hogwarts.

-->