Unofficial Portkey Archive

Anything for Harry by Golasgil Sindar
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Anything for Harry

Golasgil Sindar

Anything for Harry: Chapter 10

When Luna came back into the room, once again in control of herself, they were gone. Though she had followed Hermione's directions to the letter she still had felt like an intruder. They were one soul, his yin to her yang. She knew now she was not meant to belong to Harry. But she would stick to her non-existent oath. Should Hermione be killed before Tom Riddle was dead she would try to keep him functioning, whatever that took. It was a promise she made to herself. Hermione trusted her; she would uphold that trust, no matter the cost to herself. Hermione was right, this was too big, Voldemort had to be destroyed and Harry was the one who had to do it.

She went back to the lounge chair and quietly sat down. Maybe she could get past step 35 and finally move on.

It was nearly two hours later, shortly before dinner when another knock came at their door. Luna had been deep in her Occlumency and hadn't noticed the time passing. At some point they had re-emerged from their room and also settled down to practice Occlumency. Harry was already halfway across the room, wand in hand. Hermione was standing, wand drawn as well. Luna pulled her wand out as the prudent thing to do.

Harry reached the door and said, "Who's there?"

Bill's voice answered, "Bill and Ron. Can we come in?"

Harry glanced at Luna, she nodded, then he looked at Hermione who also nodded. Only then did he open the door. He stood out of the way as the brothers walked into the room. Suddenly the common room was slightly larger, another couch and two more doors had appeared. Both doors were on the same side of the common room as hers. Harry shoved the door closed and threw the latch.

Bill and Ronald were looking at her, Harry said, "Bill, Ron, meet the real Luna Lovegood. She's helping us."

Ronald looked stupefied, poor boy. Bill reacted calmly and walked over to her. He gently took her hand and looked into her eyes. "I still miss your mother's cakes."

Damn why did he have to bring up those days? She started crying instantly. Bill didn't hesitate and pulled her into a warm hug. "Sorry Luna, I know it's hard and no I've never lost my parents, almost lost dad last year to that damned snake and I almost lost Gin."

Bill stood there until she made the first move to stand on her own again. He had always been so understanding and helpful. Why couldn't Ronald have been like him instead of so bitter all the time? But again Bill had been Head-Boy when she first met him, chatting with Ginny by the stream near her house.

He stepped back, dropping his arms to his sides again. Luna could see Harry and Hermione again; they were looking on sympathetically, holding hands. Ronald still looked stupefied but had managed to sit in one of the chairs and close his mouth. She turned back to Bill. "Thanks, I shouldn't have been so surprised; I knew you were coming since breakfast."

He smiled at her, "Anytime you need a hug just, holler. Fleur won't mind."

She nodded, Ronald leapt to his feet. "Luna, can we talk?"

She pointed at Harry, Hermione, and Bill, "Only if they are not going to discuss Horcruxes or the mission while we're gone. I need to be involved in that conversation."

Bill looked at Ronald briefly, "We'll talk about weddings, so long as you two come back in a few minutes."

Hermione nodded, Luna noticed her left hand was suspiciously hidden; it likely had been the entire time. She also noted that Bill had used the plural form of wedding so he had noticed the ring. Ronald's lack of reaction to that told her he had missed it. "Very well Ronald, let's walk in the exercise room." She strode to the door and walked through; she waited for him to follow then closed the door.

Ronald looked around curiously then started walking in the general direction of the pool. Luna quickly matched is stride, two feet to his left. He glanced at her a few times before he said, "So the whole loony thing was an act?"

She nodded, "Call it a disguise. I can't hide anymore, Harry needs my brain focused on this, not distracted by something that is no longer necessary."

He chuckled, "Now you sound like Hermione."

That was an unexpected compliment, "Thank you." She said honestly.

He sputtered a minute.

She continued, "I am an awful lot like her. I am not her however. She is well ahead of me in virtually everything but I will help them none-the-less."

They passed the pool and continued around the perimeter of the room. He had grown silent so she continued. "Why are you always so bitter Ronald? What did Harry or Hermione ever do to deserve it?"

He stopped walking; she stopped and faced him, "I have been with them for two days now. I have seen their nobility and felt their love embrace me, a virtual stranger."

He finally looked up and met her eyes. She said, "They deserve nothing less than our full support. If you can't be more like Bill then it would be best if you left now, before you distract us from the mission and get someone killed by being pig headed."

He still seemed unable to speak, she backed away, towards the door, "Run laps or go hit something. We need to figure something meaningful out. If you can't think then you are merely a liability." She turned and started walking at her normal pace towards the door.

She had gone perhaps half-way to the door; she was now approximately where she had learned to apparate earlier in the day. He let out a strangled noise then called out, "Wait!" She kept walking; he was running after her now. He said, "Please Luna, wait?"

She stopped and turned toward him, face neutral. So he had something to say after all?

"Tell me honestly what was all that Weasley is my King business?"

Oh, so he did have courage. "I fancied you Ronald. But you failed my test, the Loony test."

He was baffled by that statement of course.

"Ronald, I do not believe we could be compatible now. I know you and Hermione barely tolerate one another and as you said, I am like her. I over-analyze things and am about six sentences ahead of you in this conversation. Hermione scared you too much for you to ask her out, I scared you because I was so odd that no one liked me. That didn't stop Harry from becoming my friend; or Hermione for that matter. Ginny and Bill are my friends. The twins never once played a prank on me. They may have just felt pity for me though since everyone else was pranking me. Why are you so dense? Did something happen to stunt your brain from developing? How long must I insult you before you start talking?"

Merlin! What did she ever see in him? Yes, he looked a little like Bill, but the brain and compassion simply wasn't there. "You know I fell in love with Bill when I was seven. I thought you were just like him. I was wrong, I hate being wrong Ronald. You had better start using what's inside that head, instead of just scratching it."

She strode quickly from the room, imagining the door silenced and with a lock on the other side of it. When she pulled it open there was a levered lock just like the one on the outside door. She pulled the door closed on Ronald and threw the lever.

Bill was looking at Hermione's ring; well actually he was looking up at her from looking at Hermione's ring. She said brightly, "Ronald needs to spend some time alone to think. Bill did he have an accident when he was a baby? Something to cause brain damage?"

Bill shook his head and finished standing; Harry was halfway to the door behind Luna, a murderous look on his face. She held her hand up to stop him. "He barely said anything the entire time. I have had more intelligent conversations with Nargles and they do not exist."

Harry stopped and looked at her then broke into a smile which quickly turned into laughter. She joined him and soon Hermione and Bill were also laughing.

Bill asked, "So what did you do to him?"

"I gave him a solid talking to. I told him that if he couldn't use his brain he might as well leave before he gets someone killed. We will leave him in there until our conversation is completed and it is time to go down for dinner. If by chance he manages to remember this is the Room of Requirement and can think that lock off then maybe he deserves to join us."

Hermione nodded, "Well done Luna. He would never believe that from me."

Bill stood straight and got serious, "Almost lost Gin lastnight."

That got everyone looking at him, smiles wiped from their faces. He slid into the nearest chair at the large table, the horcruxes and Godric's sword in front of him. Luna came around and sat beside him while Harry and Hermione sat together with the Pensive and memory vials in front of them.

Bill continued, "She has had a fragment of Voldmeort's soul for nearly five years, growing and twisting inside of her. She is free now. I severed its connection to her and she kicked it out. I then destroyed the disembodied spirit before it could possess me. Never thought I would have to do that to my little sis. One of the interesting side affects though seems to be she is no longer obsessed with Harry here. She invited Neville Longbottom for dinner and I think they hit it off."

Hermione nearly leapt from her seat, "Wait, backup, you destroyed the fragment after what?"

Bill scooted his chair back and looked at the floor for a minute then started talking without looking up at them. "It was my first year in Egypt. I got possessed by a soul piece from a horcrux; we accidentally broke it with a ten ton block of stone. My partner immediately told me I had to fight it and throw it out of my body. He cast the soul splitting spell on me and I had to argue with it until I drove it out. Then he destroyed it before it could possess him and try again." He looked up at them finally, "That's basically what I did with Gin lastnight. I had only been possessed for an hour at most. Though this was merely a fragment of the soul piece it had a long time to feed on her magic and learn her fears."

Harry jumped to his feet, his chair slamming into the smaller table behind them. Hermione had her wand in her hand before he had finished standing and was looking around for a target. He put his hand on her shoulder to calm her then looked at Bill. "You know how to destroy a horcrux!"

Bill grinned, crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair then put his dragon-hide boots on the table. "Course, it's part of my job mate."

Ohh this was something. "Bill, we have three right here."

He twisted his head around to look at her, when he had twisted to put his legs on the table he had turned his back to her. She was pointing right where his boots were on the table. When he looked back at his boots she said, "How do we get rid of them?"

Bill reached out and picked up Godric's sword. "This isn't one right?"

Hermione answered before they could, "No the other three are."

He inspected the shining blade, "You killed a basilisk with this?"

Harry said, "Yes, I ran it through its brain-pan when it tried to bite me."

Bill nodded, still inspecting the length of the blade. He looked up, "No corrosion from the blood." He held the sword up as though proclaiming himself some ancient monarch, "This will do."

Hermione said breathlessly, "What?"

Bill put his feet on the ground. "Destroying a horcrux is a two step process. First you destroy the object containing the soul fragment. Second you cast, Exsequor Spiritus on the now disembodied spirit before it possesses someone." He put the sword on the table, "This is a very magical blade, and some even think this blade is Excalibur. I doubt that as Godric would never have altered it to put his name on such a blade. Whatever magic protects the horcruxes physically, this should be able to overcome."

Harry was grinning broadly; Luna could hear his thoughts from here, got to teach him Occlumency!

He said, "So you're saying I just hit them with Godric's sword?"

Bill answered quite seriously, "I would hit them VERY hard."

Harry looked triumphantly at first Hermione then Luna, "I… me… was right. Put it in the books. I'm sure one of you is keeping track of my guesses."

Hermione looked guiltily at the floor.

Luna defended their position, "But we didn't know how to destroy the fragment once it was disembodied; until now."

Hermione perked up, "So we were right to not let you do that before Bill arrived."

Harry thought for only a second and looked around brightly, "So you're saying I can do it now?" He reached across the table and picked up the blade.

Bill looked around, "Let's go visit Ron and do it in there. That room looked pretty big and maybe we can get a tree stump or something to rest them on instead of this nice table."

Hermione and Luna both said, "Thanks Bill."

He grinned at them, "Anytime ladies, anytime."

Harry marched to the door and threw the lever; she heard Ronald squawk in protest but ignored him. Bill scooped up the three horcruxes and hurried after him. Hermione stood but waited for Luna to stand and join her. She still held her wand, "You want me to run interference on Ron?"

Luna shook her head, "I have another few sentences to stupefy him with if he gets annoying."

Hermione shared a grin with her as they walked to the open door. She said, "Those work better than spells sometimes."

Luna vanished the lock and silence spell from the door as she walked through. Ron was in the middle of the room with Harry and Bill. A thick black tree stump had grown there. Luna swung the door closed and walked calmly with Hermione to join the boys. She also pulled out her wand, what was that spell Bill had said? Exsequor Spiritus popped into her head, what was the wand motion though and did you need a particular thought to make it work?

Bill had set the plaque on the stump and handed Ronald the brooch and locket to hold. That would keep him from causing mischief. Why did Bill keep going up on the scale and Ronald down? Had she expected him to be Bill? Hmm that was a disturbing possibility. Bill had been eighteen when she had met him, with his baby sister in tow, a girl her own age. He had treated them both with respect and yet had kept them continually laughing.

She had been wrong to try and make Ronald into Bill. He was his own person, he- Oh. She had treated him badly to; feeding his insecurities about not being able to live up to his most impressive sibling; for Bill had an impressive academic and professional career. Gringotts curse breakers were just a small step below Unspeakables in the job requirements. And now he had captured the heart of the most elusive of females, a Veela. Granted partial but Luna had seen how all of the boys at school had fallen over themselves for her. Harry hadn't but then his heart was already well guarded in the care of the most brilliant of witches beside him.

Harry looked anxious to swing. She lurched back to the present. "Wait? What do I do? Is there a thought behind the soul destroying spell, what's the wand movement?"

Everyone looked at her, Merlin! She had done it again.

Harry stepped back from the stump and lowered the sword. Hermione and Bill turned to her, their wands ready. Bill said, "Here is the wand motion, up, diagonal left, slash to point at the cloud. No thought is necessary, though I was thinking how mad I was at it for hurting my sis."

She nodded, testing out the motion. She moved to stand between Hermione and Bill; they were all in a quadrant with the exercise equipment in the background. Harry was off to the right, facing the pool, Ron a dozen paces behind him, holding the other two horcruxes, his wand safely stowed.

Harry got back in position.

He looked at Hermione first, she nodded instantly. Luna nodded when he looked at her. At Bill's nod he brought the magical blade down onto the plaque as hard as he possibly could. There was a flicker of light, not an explosion but an absence of light for just a moment then a deafening crack of sound. Luna went flying backwards. She landed hard on her back; she twisted to look at what had happened. Ron was dragging Harry away; he looked stunned but was still holding the sword.

Bill and Hermione had cast a shield spell apparently, she saw it fading out in front of them and a thick green mist pouring out of the split plaque. Luna scrambled to her feet and back to her position. She couldn't hear anything but a continuous ringing in her ears. She was watching Bill; he was watching the smoke continue to come out. It was getting denser and moving in Hermione's general direction. Finally the smoke stopped coming out. Bill made the wand movement, she saw his mouth move, couldn't hear a thing though. She tried to cast it as well, Hermione was also casting.

The cloud shrank upon itself rapidly and vanished. Everyone was cheering; well they were bouncing around looking happy. She still couldn't hear anything. She grabbed Bill's arm, he crushed her into a quick hug. She staggered but held onto him. Finally he looked at her; she pointed at her ears and tried to say, "Can't hear."

He pointed his wand at her and cast something, the ringing vanished and she could hear again. He asked, "Better?"

She said, "Definitely, did I miss a protection spell?"

Bill looked apologetic, "Sorry, yes you need to cast Protego to shield yourself from the effects of the blast. Harry had a silence spell on his head so he couldn't hear anything but we had to let him take the blast."

Hermione had gone up to the stump and kicked the shattered plaque onto the floor. Harry was now standing on his own. She motioned for Ronald to come over. He probably had a silence on his head as well.

He came over and handed Slytherin's locket to her, dangling from its chain.

She draped it onto the stump, locket in the middle, chain loosely around it. She looked at Harry. Their eyes locked and Luna knew she was checking to see if he was ok enough to do another. He lifted the sword and smiled back.

Everyone went back to their positions; Protego Luna!

Harry again went down the line checking to see if each of them was ready. She nodded when it was her turn. When the blade flashed down she cast, "Protego!"

The brief absence of light and the explosion followed. This time she was ready and saw Harry fly back. He landed on his rear, a few feet away. Ron moved as soon as the sword was no longer swinging wildly to pull him further away. She saw movement to her left and looked back; the cloud was almost out of the locket. Now she knew what to wait for, the smoke to stop.

As one the three of them cast "Exsequor Spiritus!" The disembodied soul vanished. This time she joined in the cheering.

Harry was rubbing his butt but looked ready for the last one. Hermione had gone up to the stump again and kicked the blackened locket onto the plaque then turned and took the delicate looking brooch from Ronald. The light sparkled from the gemstones that made the raven's black eyes.

She looked at Harry who was rubbing his shoulder and butt alternately. He noticed her looking though and smiled and lifted the sword.

She nodded and went back to her position; Protego, ready; Watch Harry, nod, look at the sword, swinging, "Protego!" Look at the brooch, Harry flying, Ronald almost too close, the sword just missed his leg. Look back at the brooch, smoke, ready… ready, "Exsequor Spiritus."

The green smoke imploded and vanished.

Harry sat on the ground; he dropped the sword and pulled his wand out, after pointing it at himself and then Ronald he said, "One more to go. Merlin that felt good!"

Hermione helped him stand and they hugged quite passionately, before anyone knew it they were kissing like no one else was present. Ronald was staring at the back of Harry's head; oops that's where Hermione's left hand was.

She said, "Ronald! Come here now!"

He jerked and looked at her then staggered a bit on his way to them.

Before he could say anything Bill had wrapped his arm over his brother's shoulder and was guiding him towards the door. She heard him say, "Maybe you have some seer in you bro, you predicted this one. Maybe you should tell mum?"

Luna started laughing and followed them out the door. She closed it behind herself; they deserved their triumph in private. She had expected shouting when she went into the common room with the two boys but it was surprisingly quiet. Maybe Ronald had seen the futility in trying to fight his brother?

Ronald was sitting in the chair she had been meditating in earlier, his head in his hands. Bill was standing in the room between Ronald and the door she had just come through.

Ronald shook his head and without looking up said. "Really, I'm not. Honest Bill. It's just a hell of a shock. How can that happen so fast?"

Bill laughed, "It happened to me and Fleur in less than a year."

Luna stepped beside Bill, "There has been nothing fast about their relationship." Bill turned to look at her but seemed poised react to anything. She suddenly doubted he would be surprised if Voldemort walked into the room. "They are both too noble for their own good, denying the obvious. Ronald I must apologize to you and by extension to Bill as well." Ha! She did surprise Bill with that. "Bill, I fell in love with you when I was seven. Truly what girl wouldn't want to love you? But then I met Ronald, he was nearly my age and if he grew to be like you?" she shrugged, "Well, I transferred much of my affection from you onto Ronald, all without getting to know him at all really. I assumed he would be like you and Charlie, but he turned out to be bitter."

She sat in the couch Harry and Hermione usually used while Bill snatched one of the chairs from a table and sat there, still between her and Ronald. "The piece of my mind I gave you earlier I now regret. It was full of bitterness at my own disappointment. Not truly disappointment in you Ronald, much of it was in myself for not being old enough to even consider dating Bill and well, he's taken, Harry's been taken since before I met him."

She stood nervously, Ronald nearly jumped from his chair when she spoke, "Here is my proposition. I would like to start over, as friends. I never really gave the real you a chance and well, you just met the real me."

Ronald looked surprised by this of course. Bill took her hand casually and looked at his little brother. "If I hear you hurt her you will regret it for the rest of your life, Brother or no."

Ronald looked like he had been punched in the gut by that comment. He sat back and took several deep breaths. He was pale, "I may have hurt her feelings. I know she heard me call her names before. If you need to hit me for admitting that then I won't do anything to stop you. I just don't understand girls at all. How can they be so complex?"

Bill squeezed her hand gently then let his hand fall back onto his leg, "Girls are the simplest things in the world. They want several specific things, Love, respect, and honestly in all things. They don't really care if you disagree with them, just be honest about it. Don't hide your feelings, what good would that do?"

No wonder he had captured Fleur!

Bill stood and patted Luna's shoulder, "Sorry you had to hear female secrets bandied about but the situation called for drastic measures."

She grinned at him and kissed his cheek, "If you could just fix him it would be worth it."

Ronald said, "Hey! I'm here you know?"

Bill strode over to Ronald who still sat in the chair. He said forcefully, "UP."

Ronald stood and put his hands behind his back. Bill stepped to his side and pulled him into the center of the room, they stopped three feet away from her.

"Little brother, meet a very good friend of mine, Luna Lovegood. She lives just the other side of the forest, across the stream. I used to go to her place with Gin and we would help her mum bake cakes. They were good cakes and her mum was a wonderful person whom I miss deeply. Luna meet my little bro. He prefers to be called Ron and seems to take after the twins more than me but with a bit of work he could turn out respectable."

Luna held out her hand, Ronald took it and they shook. She said, "Nice to meet you, Ronald. I hope we can be friends."

Ronald's hands were sweating, he said, "Me to, any friend of Ginny's or Bill's is a friend of mine. Please call me Ron; I think I'm in trouble when I hear Ronald."

She smiled, "Deal, Ron." She liked it, maybe that was one of the reasons he always seemed sour when she talked to him?

Bill put his arms over their shoulders, forcing them apart. "Now; Luna go get them, it's time for dinner. Ron and I will wait here with our backs to the door. I think they have had enough time to complete their activities but on the off chance they aren't dressed yet it would be best if you went inside. Harry would kill us if we accidentally saw Hermione naked. He would just blush though if you saw him naked."

Ron started gagging like he was going to throw up. Bill hit him with his palm in the back of the head, hard enough to make him stagger. "Wrong reaction bro; never disrespect the act when a woman is present. Remember respect is the second thing they want. I think I'll keep you with me for the next month or so, until after their wedding. Maybe by then I can beat some sense into your thick head."

Ron made some apologetic noises but nothing that was coherent. He sat on the chair near the door again and rubbed the back of his head.

Bill told her gently, "Go, he's getting to hungry to think." Then turned to Ron, "UP, we'll wait outside in the hallway for them.

Ron got up as Bill opened the door. He waited until Ron had left the room before following him and closing the door behind himself.

Luna decided this was quite possibly the best thing that could have happened to Ron. With a lighter heart she walked to the door to the exercise room. She tapped her head and disillusioned herself and quietly slipped inside. Instantly she knew they were not quite done yet she covered her face and sat; Indian style. She would wait. They were in the middle of the room, near the shattered horcruxes, the stump was gone and had been replaced with a bedding of some kind. She averted her eyes even more; she was not here to spy on them. They fit together in a way she could never describe, but longed for in her own life. Their passion stirred things deep inside her - things she didn't have a name for yet, but were none-the-less real. Part of her wished it was her being loved by Harry but, another part realized that it would never be. Her vow - her promise to help them - still held sway on her heart if not on her magic. It was over a few minutes later; perhaps someday her name would be spoken that lovingly?

She gave them another two minutes, counting slowly, before she stood and opened the door fully while removing her disillusion. As casually as she could, she said, "Hey guys- um, nice bum Harry. Bill and Ron, and I are going down to eat. See you down there then." She turned and fled. Neither had said a word or even moved. He had still been atop her. As she closed the door she made a mental note to give them at least five minutes before any similar announcements. Though she had planned out very different words the sight of their naked tangled bodies had still been a shock, intriguing but shocking. She walked across the room and out into the hall. Bill and Ron were just a few feet away, leaning up against the wall. "They'll join us in a little while."

Bill laughed, "Good thing you went in there and not one of us! C'mon I'm hungry."

*

He started laughing as soon as Luna fled and closed the door. She joined him, her arms up holding his shoulders. It did interesting things to where they were still connected. He slid down and lowered his sweaty head between her gorgeous breasts. They lay there slowly cooling and recovering. It had been rather rough and spontaneous. He hadn't planned on this kind of celebration, well not now. But she had started it and the futon had appeared as they were stripping. He brought his left hand up and swirled his finger around the nipple he could see. She made a deep growling noise he felt as well as heard.

"Stop that before I make you do all of that again."

"Gonna have to wait dear, I need some time to recover."

She laughed; it made him bounce atop her. "I can fix that. Where's my wand?"

He gave up his sport of teasing her nipple and went onto all fours over her. She was indeed searching under the sheets for her wand. He snatched her hands and held them still against the sheets. "Do you really know a spell for that?"

She gave him that wicked smile, "Oh yes Mr. Potter I can make it stay hard for a very, very long time."

That sounded like a very fun night. He kissed her roughly on the mouth and it took all his strength to finally pull away. Her eyes had gone a little darker and she was breathing heavier, "After dinner love." He looked pointedly between his legs where the affect of that kiss was readily apparent, "Though apparently I don't need that spell."

She bit her lower lip and made to stand. He leapt from her and started finding his clothes. The futon melted away and only their hastily shed clothes, Godric's sword, and the shattered Horcruxes remained. He heard her say, "How did my wand get over there?"

His back was turned while he tried to put his jeans on, hopping as he didn't want to sit on the floor. He said, "You were the one throwing everything." He finished dressing and picked up Godric's sword and the broken Horcruxes. They headed out of the room; she was still buttoning her shirt as they walked.

Back in their common room he laid the pieces on the table along with the sword. She finished tucking in her shirt and they walked out into the hall. Hand in hand they went down to dinner. They may be a little late but neither of them cared one bit about that.

When they arrived in the great hall everyone else was involved in eating. It smelled excellent and his stomach growled. The table was a bit larger and he saw two empty places, between Ron and Luna. Harry sat next to Ron, putting Hermione beside Luna.

McGonagall said in a very knowing voice, "Good of you to join us. Dobby came by and asked if he should come give you two some dinner."

Ron grinned, "I told em you were occupied and wouldn't like to be interrupted. Got ya covered mate!"

Luna was blushing heavily and looking intently at her plate. Hermione patted her on the back lightly. They shared a look and Luna finally nodded and sat up straighter. Harry was ignoring Ron's jibe to spoon a huge helping of bangers and mash onto his plate. He put it down and handed Hermione the bowl of Sheppard's pie. She grinned back at him and helped herself to a similarly large helping.

Ron's eyes grew wide as Hermione kept spooning more onto her plate, "Core, you're gonna put on weight eating that much."

She put one more scoop on her plate, Harry thought for emphasis, then said, as only Hermione could say, "I need to keep my energy up. Training with Harry is very tiring you know." The entire table went silent, forks and spoons paused in mid journey to mouths. She looked around the table, daring anyone to contradict her.

Finally Bill nodded, "Yes, I reckon that would be true." He went back to eating as did the rest of the table.

Several minutes later, when Harry had finished half of his mountain of Bangers and Mash he asked down the table where McGonagall sat, "Have you seen my Firebolt? I would like to get it back if it's possible." He had more to say but she had started nodding so he cut himself off.

When her mouth was empty and she had taken a drink she answered, "It's in my room. I shall retrieve it after dinner. Sorry I had nearly forgotten about it. I retrieved it from the Trolls as soon as that woman was removed from the school."

He was greatly relieved by this. "Thank you. I was worried something had happened to it. It's kind of special, I mean I could buy another one, but Sirius bought it for me."

Hermione's hand went atop his where it sat on the table; he felt her support through that connection and flipped his hand so he could hold hers as well.

McGonagall said, "Yes, I retrieved it immediately but then it slipped my mind to give it to you and it just hasn't come up I'm afraid."

He nodded and went back to eating.

It was perhaps ten minutes later that Bill sat back and tapped his now empty goblet. When everyone looked at him he asked Harry, "Should I make the announcement of our successes earlier or would you like to?"

Harry's mouth was full, Hermione answered for him, "Go ahead Bill."

He stood, "Three more of the horcruxes are now destroyed. We now have only one more to find and destroy."

The professors all said something along the lines of, "Well done. How did you do it?" Since it all blended together Harry didn't quite catch it all.

Bill acknowledged the comments, "We used Godric's sword to destroy the physical vessels and then destroyed the non-corporeal remains before they could possess anyone." Bill paused and inspected Professor Vector, he seemed unsure if he should continue.

Hermione said, "Go ahead Bill."

He glanced at her then said, "I want to move the timetable on the search for the final one, to tonight actually." He looked pointedly at Ron. "I would like to have more time to get Ron up to speed before that happens but we'll just have to go with what we have." He turned to McGonagall, "Can you get messages to Alastor, Remus, Tonks, Charlie and Fleur? I need them all here at midnight."

McGonagall sat up straighter; Harry had not thought that was possible. She said, "Are you sure? Your wedding is in two days."

Bill nodded, "Yes, I want to finish this so I can try and enjoy my wedding. With this looming over us it doesn't seem possible to enjoy."

Hermione stood and walked over to where Bill was. She was pulling a chain from around her neck. Suddenly Harry knew what she was going to do. He looked hard at McGonagall to see her reaction. She reached Bill; he had taken one step towards her, unsure what was happening. The chain and its pendant were bundled in her hand. She reached her empty hand out towards him, he met it with his, and she turned his hand palm up and placed the time turner into it, then closed his fingers over it. She finally said, "Take the time you need to train Ron. We can't risk losing him because I kept this to myself." She looked at McGonagall, "I'm sure we can find some rooms here in the castle where they can spend the previous week in training?"

The Headmistress nodded, "I had wondered where they got it, neither would tell me. But yes, they have been working diligently down in the dungeons. I know just where to put them dear."

Bill had glanced into his hand; he looked at Hermione, "How?"

She shook her head, "I must have it back before Harry's birthday."

He nodded, "Certainly." He reached down and pulled Ron to his feet.

Ron shoved another spoonful into his mouth and looked at his brother accusingly.

Bill just laughed, "Which dungeon ma'am?"

"Go to fifteen, here take my bell. The elves will take care of your eating and sleeping arrangements." She held a small bell towards him.

He pocketed the time turner then still dragging Ron with him went and took the bell from her.

Luna called out, "Put the spoon down Ron. We'll save you a seat." Bill released Ron and walked towards the nearest stairwell to the dungeons.

Ron looked at her, confused but dropped his spoon beside his plate then hurried off after his brother who was already striding from the hall.

Professor Vector put her head back on her high backed chair and let out a sigh. When Harry looked at her for an explanation she said, "It's been a devil of a week keeping that secret. I was in dungeon fifteen a week ago working on a project when they suddenly showed up. It's the reason I am sitting at this table now and not home. William dragged me into the training."

Harry was confused for a minute, not used to hearing Bill referred to as William. But she had likely been one of his professors when he had come to Hogwarts. Hermione came and sat back down in her seat and silently went back to eating. He took her hand under the table and they intertwined their fingers. It was a good thing she ate with her left hand that left her right available for holding and since Sheppard's pie didn't need any cutting he was able to hold her hand the rest of their meal.

When he finished he got McGonagall's attention again and said, "Luna, Hermione, and I are going to make a quick run to Diagon, I want to get them both new brooms so we can do some training on them."

She looked at her pocket watch, "The shops close in an hour. I suggest you hurry along then."

Ron called from the back of the Great Hall, "But I wanted to finish my dinner!"

They all looked around. Ron had changed his clothes and had gotten a haircut. He looked excited and happy, a huge improvement in just a week of training with Bill. Bill had on some different clothes but otherwise looked the same. Professor Vector said, "Sorry Ron, I missed a spot there, your bangs are crooked."

He flashed a smile to her and said, "I like it fine Septima, thanks again." He slid casually into his chair and took a quick bite, "Still warm, how long ago did we leave?"

Hermione answered, Bill was handing her the time turner, "About ten minutes ago, our time." She looked at Bill, "How did it go?"

Bill was nodding, looking at Ron. Ron was actually looking at Luna and smiled after he finished swallowing. Bill said, "Good, I made some adjustments as well Luna, with Septima's assistance that is." He sketched a quick bow to Professor Vector who smiled back. "Oh, here." He walked to Professor McGonagall and handed her the bell. "Don't forget to send those messages about tonight please."

She rang the bell and several house elves in Hogwarts livery appeared. "Please locate Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Alastor Moody, Fleur Delacour and Charlie Weasley. Inform them that Bill Weasley needs them here before midnight tonight."

They all vanished. Ron looked away from Luna and to Harry and Hermione. He swallowed his second bite and then said, "Look, I know I've been a prat on a lot of things. Well ok on most things. I'm sorry Harry, for not believing you, for not trusting you like the true friend you are. Hermione, don't go expecting me to get all studious but I do understand now how important it is to actually learn the stuff in those books they make us carry around." He held up his hand to forestall their comments as he turned to Luna, "Luna, I would also like to apologize to you for being an insensitive git. Should I speak out of line again, about them or yourself, feel free to correct me." He looked at Bill, "Did I forget anything bro?"

Bill pointed at his ring finger then Hermione. Ron looked back at Hermione, "Oh, sorry, it's been a busy week you know. Congratulations on your impending wedding. Bill told me it is going to be on your birthday Harry." He smacked Harry on the shoulder, "Glad you can handle her mate." He looked at Hermione, "Sorry, I love you dearly sis but I can't keep up with you."

-->