Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ghost of You by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ghost of You

spacegal

Title: Ghost of You

Characters: Harry/Hermione. Hermione-Centric. Other couples will be mentioned.

Rating: Mature/Adult

Disclaimer: I do not own the forum Harry Potter and its places, characters and transportation. The forum belongs to JK Rowling. I do not make any profit/money or take any credit from creating this fanfiction. There is no copyright infringement intended.

Summary: With a promise broken and a promise unfulfilled…how far will you go for revenge?

Timeline: AU after 5th book.

Warning: Characters deaths, Violence/Torture & Slight sexual themes.

A/N: This story came to me while I was listening to my I-Pod to get to sleep. It is also inspired by Bayonetta. If you have a 360 or a PS3, then this game should be in your collection because it's just AWESOME!

This story is different from my other Harry Potter stories because it is Hermione-Centric. I had another idea which I might complete at a later date but this one called out to me. I hope you guys like it.

This chapter - very short! & the title is from Good Charlotte.

Things you need to know

*Italic* - quick flashback

Italic - flashback

`Italic' Something being read

Bold - someone off screen is talking

~_HxH_~ - Break in scene

~~~ Prologue: Gone So Young ~~~

Thunder and lightning crashed overhead, illuminating the dark park that held a lone body on the ground. The wind howled, causing the merry-go-around to spin under the force, the swings swished as if invisible children swung on them. Rain continued to fall heavily, dancing when it hit the pavement before joining with each other to form a small flood.

Screams of anguish came from a male with shaggy light brown hair streaked with grey. He was being held back by two other male. One of them was a battered old man with a peg for a leg and an eye-patch. The other one was a younger male with coloured skin. Both of them had their head bowed.

A tall elderly man was knelt beside the body, his blue eyes dark with sadness as he grieved for the loss of a young life. He wondered how he should break the news to the young man's friends before wondering how it could have happened. He was protected, he made sure of it; wanting no harm to come to the young man he had developed a bond with.

He looked over to the group to see the man, who had been restrained, kneeling on the ground sobbing with a young woman hugging him close, her hair a sad colour of blue. The other members were all bowing their heads in respect for the young man they had just lost. He looked at the young man and reached out his left hand, his fingers brushing the eye lids close, sealing the dull green eyes to the world that had treated him so harshly.

Meanwhile…a few miles away, a young woman bolted up in her bed screaming in anguish, much to the shock and horror of her parents as they rushed into her room to see their beloved daughter in so much pain.

~_HxH_~

The two weeks flashed by her.

*Blood over her hands and clothes*

There was nothing left for her here. She could just take her own life.

*A headstone bearing the name of her best friend*

It didn't matter what people thought anymore, she just wanted to be with him.

*Chapped dried lips pressed against the soft petals of the red rose before it was thrown on top of the dark brown oak of the casket as it was lowered into the ground*

The knife in her hand glinted in the soft half moon light that shone through her window. She didn't want to live.

*People coming up to her, shaking her hand and apologising for her loss*

She hated this world…she hated it so much…the sharp edge of the knife pressed against her wrist, the bite of the pain coursed through her body then she stopped.

"We should make a promise…right?"

"A promise?" he asked, sceptically, and she nodded.

"That we'll always be by each other side, no matter what happens." He chuckled.

"Why do we need to make that promise?" he asked. "You have already proven to me that you'll stay by my side. I'm rubbish at it; I tend to take Ron's side more even though I know you're right." She giggled before shrugging.

"I just…I guess I just need to know that you'll always be there," she admitted, looking down at her hands. He reached out one hand and placed them over hers. She looked up at him.

"If it really means that much to you, I'll promise," he told her. She smiled, bringing up her right hand, curling all of her fingers but her pinkie. He tilted his head curiously.

"This is a pinkie promise. When you make one, you can't break it or you'll break something important," she explained. His curious look turned to one of alarm and she laughed. "It's an old wives tale but it's the same. You can never break a pinkie promise or it'll mean your friendship isn't worth the risk." He raised his left hand and they interlocked pinkies…unaware that everything they knew would be threatened.

It didn't matter any more…that promise was broken…she pressed down harder; a thin trickle of red liquid ran down her wrist.

"Are you okay?" she whispered, the two of them were in his bed, curled up in each other arms. It had been a horrible week. They had been tricked, been severely hurt and they had lost someone close to them.

"I need you to make me a promise," he whispered, his voice hoarse from crying. She flashed back to the last time they had made a promise.

"Anything," she whispered. He shifted so he was looking at her. He told her everything that he knew and she felt her heart break before he asked her of his promise. She had been shocked before she agreed…anything for him, just like she had said.

She shuddered as she came out of her last memory and gasped as the knife slipped from her now numb fingers, clattering against the wooden floor. It sounded loud in the silence. She stared at the thin mark she had made on her wrist before she felt something cool against the wound and it slowly healed itself.

"You promised," a whisper reminded her as her wound healed completely and she stood up. She had a promise to keep.

TBC

I promise you - everything will be revealed in time!

Fic Request: I'm looking for any stories where Harry and/or Hermione are werewolves and they are together/get together. I was reading a fanfiction with this couple but the author decided they were going to go Harry/Hermione/Daphne Greengrass. If anyone can help me, just leave a recommendation in a review or a Private Message! Thanks.

-->