Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ghost of You by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ghost of You

spacegal

The story with the `Dress up Harry' was from Harry Potter and the Three Travellers. The scene I was talking about is in Chapter 6. Thanks to JustAnoth3rFan!

~~~ Chapter 13: The Other Side ~~~

Hermione walked through the halls of Hogwarts. She had been at the library to get more books. She was close now and she needed more information before she went ahead with what she had to do. It was important and she couldn't risk failing it.

The students around her were whispering excitedly as they looked at the newspapers. The cure for those who had been bitten by Greyback had made the front page. A lot of people had been bitten by Greyback when they were children and they all had been cured.

The Ministry had been in an uproar over the cure. They had tried to prevent the cure from being given out but they had been told after the cure had been administered. The healers at St. Mungos had been furious to hear that there had been a cure for lycanthropy and they hadn't been told about it.

That had served a bigger blow to the Ministry. The Public was beginning to lose faith in them and Hermione could only hope that Amelia Bones would win the votes for the next election. She would renew the public's faith in the Ministry.

"Hermione!" she heard Ron call her name before a hand slid around her elbow. Yanking her arm away, she spun around to see Ron breathing heavily as he looked at her.

"What do you want Ron?" she asked, not in the mood to deal with him today. He had been trying to corner her ever since her confession that she had slept with Harry but she had made sure he couldn't find her.

"I wanted to talk to you," he told her in a hushed tone as he noticed the students milling about, obviously waiting for something to happen. Entertainment had been slow since Harry's death and the anger simmering between Hermione and Ron indicated something big was going to happen.

"About what?" she asked, not bothering to keep her voice hushed. She knew that Ron didn't want people to know what happened between her and Harry but she didn't care. She had other things to deal with and dealing with Ron's misplaced anger that Harry had apparently `stolen' her wasn't one of them.

"Can we go somewhere else?" Ron asked. Hermione shook her head.

"I am busy," she replied curtly.

"Come on, Hermione," Ron complained.

"I don't have time, Ronald. I do have my mission to do. Ron blanched at the thought of her mission and remembered her telling them that she was the Black Rose.

"Why wouldn't you tell me about being the Black Rose?" Ron asked.

"Because you would have run off to Dumbledore and told him," Hermione informed him.

"I could have helped you," Ron insisted. Hermione shook her head.

"You couldn't have. I know you Ron. Anything dark and you go running to your mother, who would run to Dumbledore." Ron flushed. "I have work to do, and dealing with you, your mother and Dumbledore was not on my list."

"But what you are doing…"

"It is for the good of the world…isn't that something Dumbledore likes to say? The greater good? The best thing for the world is to get rid of inbreeding filth like them. Besides, they were involved in Harry's death and I was not going to let them walk into some jail only for them to walk right back out."

"About Harry…" Ron started.

"Be careful where you step Ron," she warned; her eyes dark.

"Why would you sleep with him?" he asked, ignoring her warning. "I would have thought you would have some common sense, he did nearly get us killed during the Ministry."

"If you remember clearly, I told you all that it was a trap. Even Harry knew that it was probably a trap but he still went because he wanted to make sure Sirius was safe. Despite knowing that, you all still came. Don't lay the blame at Harry's feet," Hermione hissed out, furious. "And as I said, we were both grieving for Sirius and we took comfort in each other. It wasn't planned, it just happened…and I don't regret it."

"Hermione…did Harry force you?" Ron asked. "Did he drug you or did he use some excuse on how he was upset to get you into his bed?" Hermione's jaw tightened as she glared at him. "You can tell me the truth, I won't get upset."

"I slept with Harry!" she shouted at him. "I wanted to sleep with him. He never drugged me or forced me or seduced me. We were both grieving and we took comfort in each other. What we did is none of your business Ron. I can sleep whoever I want to. You have no say in my personal life!"

"No say?!" he shouted. "I thought we were best friends! Best friends don't go around stealing girlfriends from each other." Hermione gave him a sardonic laugh.

"Girlfriend, Ron? I'm sorry but when did you ask me out? I must have blinked and missed it," she informed him scathingly before mock thinking as she tapped her chin. "Oh wait, now I remember, when you gave me that stupid perfume for Christmas."

"You said you liked it!" Ron snapped.

"Ron, in the muggle world, it's considered as a joke. That you left the shopping until the last minute and decided to buy the cheapest thing available. I never wore the perfume. I put it in the bin because it was not something I would wear."

Ron's face turned red with anger but Hermione didn't care. She was sick and tired of Ron acting like he owned her. She barely put up with it during her third and fourth year but she kept quiet for Harry's sake. But now, she was going to set him straight for once and for all. And if he didn't like it, then she didn't care.

"If I was rich as Harry, I could have given you something better like he did…oh wait…he got you a book," Ron bit out scathingly.

"At least he knew what I liked! He was a better friend than you!"

"I'm his best friend!" Ron shouted. "He was a lousy mate for stealing you! No good friend would do that!" Hermione gritted her teeth.

"You are a horrible friend," Hermione spat at him. "You bully and belittle me because I like to read and study, because I actually like to do homework. You were an awful friend to Harry because you believed the lies of Harry being the Slytherin heir in second year; I had to talk sense into you for you to stay around with Harry. Third year, you blew up over a broomstick that Harry got. Trust me; I was beginning to wonder about your sexuality. You turned your back on Harry in fourth year, you believed the lies and you walked away."

"Hermione…"

"You were jealous and bitter because Harry got everything, he had the fame, he had the money and he had the glory. Not once did you ever think that Harry would give up everything he had for just one moment with his parents, to have Sirius free." Ron's face turned red as Hermione moved in closer. "That is why I could never be with someone like you." She turned away from Ron only for him to grab her left arm hard. She looked back at him.

"He was nothing more than an attention seeking back stabbing bastard who got you to be his whore," Ron snarled, lashing out. Hermione yanked her left arm out as her right hand was pulled back before it slammed sideways, slapping Ron on the cheek as hard as she could. She spun on her heels and strode away with her head held up high while everyone whispered to each other.

Ron stood there, nursing his cheek. He knew that he had just lost any chance of redeeming their friendship.

~_HxH_~

Hermione was sitting by herself in the Great Hall reading her books and taking notes. The story of Hermione slapping Ron had spread throughout Hogwarts and everyone was making sure to stay away from Hermione.

McGonagall stepped into the Great Hall and walked over to Hermione, who was still hunched over her books. She looked over Hermione's shoulders to see that it was school work and her heart hurt for the young woman before her. She had thought long and hard over Hermione's confession and she had related to Hermione.

Unknown to a lot of people, McGonagall had gotten married and lost her husband during the war of Gellert Grindelwald. He had been tortured and killed, nearly sending her on a rampage but Dumbledore had been there for her and got her through her grief.

Looking at Hermione, she knew that none of them could have comforted her, not if she had lost a child shortly after seeing Harry's death.

"Can I help you, Professor McGonagall?" Hermione asked without looking. McGonagall blushed lightly as she realised she had been staring at Hermione for a while. Hermione turned her head, looking at her teacher with a curious expression.

"Miss Granger, could you come with me?" McGonagall asked. "The Headmaster wishes to see you." Hermione stared at her before she nodded, collecting her books and they made their way to the Headmaster's office.

McGonagall gave the password and they rode up the spiralling staircase to reach the door. McGonagall knocked on it before waiting for permission. Once it was granted, she pushed the door open and allowed Hermione to step through.

Dumbledore lifted his eyes and smiled when he saw them.

"Ah, Miss Granger, I'm glad to see you." He looked at McGonagall and nodded. "That will be all Minerva." She nodded before closing the door and left them. "Please, take a seat."

Hermione placed her books on the ground before sitting down on the chair across from Dumbledore, crossing her legs as she did and waited patiently for him to say whatever he needed to say. She had a suspicion to why she was here.

Dumbledore stared at her, waiting for her to break but Fawkes gave a low trill at seeing the newcomer. He flew from his perch to the armrest. Hermione smiled as she reached out, caressing the bird's chest.

"Hello Fawkes. Harry has told me about you," Hermione greeted. Fawkes gave a happy trill. Dumbledore stared at the scene before him shocked. Phoenixes were the symbol of light. To see Fawkes accepting Hermione despite the dark path she had taken was confusing and shocking.

Hermione turned to face the older man and sighed. "Tell me why I'm here or I will leave. I have things to do and sitting here, having a silent conversation isn't part of it."

"I wanted to talk about your confession," Dumbledore told her. Hermione sighed.

"Yes, I am the Black Rose. Yes, I have been going around killing `Purebloods' and spilling the street with their blood," she finished off sarcastically. "I have already told you my reasons why I turned on this path. I do not see any reason to bring this up again."

"I am concerned about the fact that Harry had made you promise…have we truly failed him for him to turn dark?" Hermione scoffed as she pulled her hand away from Fawkes plumage, causing an annoyed squawk from the bird.

"Harry was grieving for his uncle. He was grieving for the last of his innocence. He told me everything that happened. Including you telling him the contents of the prophecy straight after he sees Sirius' death, me being cut down before him and being possessed by Voldemort. Interesting method. Just think how many lives could have been protected if you had told Harry the truth from the beginning!"

"I wanted him to have a childhood," Dumbledore tried only to stop when he got a dark glare from the young woman before him.

"What childhood?" she gritted out. "He was abused by the Dursleys. His bedroom for ten years was the cupboard under the stairs." Dumbledore flinched. "Each year, he came here…he was subject to more abuse before being forced back to that hell-hole! Don't you dare use that excuse on me because it won't wash!" She stood up, placed her hands on the table and glowered at the Headmaster.

"Miss Granger…Hermione…surely you see that Harry wasn't in his right mind when he asked you for this promise?"

"Old man…I would have still done the same thing, promise or no promise because I refuse to let people hurt Harry and get away with it!"

"You can't do this," Dumbledore tried to placate her but only succeeded in pissing her off even more.

"Why?" she asked. "They are going around raping, torturing and murdering muggle-borns all because they want to prove that they are superior to them. They killed Harry because they were humiliated by a bunch of fourth and fifth years. Tell me why I shouldn't give them a taste of their own medicine?"

"They should be tried under the jury system," Dumbledore told her. "It is not right for us to take matters into our own hands."

"The same system that allows them to buy their way out?" scoffed Hermione. "Lucius Malfoy raped Luna Lovegood. He had raped countless of women but all he had to do was pay the Minister a bunch of gold and he got away with a pardon. Death Eaters who were caught and put in Azkaban escaped thanks to Voldemort breaking into it. If you stopped to think about it, the same people who were in the Death Eaters ranks the last war, except the ones who betrayed or died, are the in this war. There are only so many chances you can give a person before the world gets tired of their excuses."

"But…" Dumbledore tried once more but Hermione shook her head.

"You can protest all you like but they do not care for the fact that they had killed countless of people. They enjoyed the killing; they enjoyed the raping and the torturing. Voldemort didn't have to force them; they joined him willingly because he gave them an opening. And even with Voldemort gone…they will continue to do it, no matter what anyone says."

"But we can show them the errors of their way!" Dumbledore protested.

"How can you show them the errors of their way if you will not show them the punishment?" Hermione demanded. "All you want to do is stun and arrest them! My way, they know that they will die painfully and slowly if they do not cooperate with me. You give them a slap on the wrist and they are free to do everything all over again!"

"We are close to Voldemort," Dumbledore told her. "Once Snape comes back and gives his report, we will be close to stopping Voldemort." Hermione chuckled as she sat down on the chair.

"Snape is dead," Hermione informed him, stunning the older man. "He died by my hand. I wish I could say it was a quick painless death but that would be lying." Dumbledore's face went from pale to red with anger.

"How dare you kill him? We need him to win this war!" Dumbledore shouted.

"I killed him for his treatment of Harry. He was nothing but a bully who couldn't handle the fact that Harry survived when his parents didn't…or shall I say when Lily didn't." Dumbledore stared at Hermione, unsure of what she knew. Hermione smirked. "Oh yes, I know that Snape was the one who overheard parts of the Prophecy and I know he's the one who gave it to Voldemort."

"What about…Lily?" he asked and Hermione chuckled.

"Oh…I know that he wanted Lily as a…reward for giving up the Potters," Hermione told him. "And Snape didn't tell me that."

"Who…who did?" he asked, fearing the answer.

"Harry," Hermione informed him. "Back in our third year, when the Dementors attacked him, he told me that he heard his mother begging Voldemort to spare his life…but the weird thing was…Voldemort was telling Lily to stand aside." Hermione shook her head. "I never caught on at that time, neither of us did. It wasn't until I got it from Peter, when I tortured him, and all of the pieces fell into place. Snape had asked Voldemort to spare Lily so he could have her as a reward when Voldemort killed Harry." Dumbledore grew pale. Hermione chuckled. "Trust me, I damn well made sure I got everything from Snape. He confessed. He had believed himself to be in love with Lily and was pissed that James was the one who got her, that he got her pregnant. Snape wanted Lily and he sold out the Potters, despite the fact that he owed James a life debt, just so he could have Lily as his sex slave."

"No…" Dumbledore tried to deny it but Hermione slammed her hands onto the table, startling him, and stood up.

"Voldemort will die by my hand, old man. Stay out of my way unless you wish to die too." With that, Hermione strode off not looking back. It was time and she wasn't going to let a misguided Headmaster stop her.

~_HxH_~

Within one of the room in one of the Potters' house, Voldemort was strapped down to the large table, nearly naked except from the boxers the elves had kept on him. He was wriggling as he tried to get freed but he was unable to do so. He had tried to use his wandless magic but failed. He could only assume it was due to the house-elves having wards up to prevent wandless magic.

He turned his head when he heard a noise and saw Hermione making her way into the room with another large table covered with a sheet. The table came to a stop just across from him and Hermione smiled.

"Hello Tommy, welcome to my ritual room. Comfortable?" she asked. Voldemort glared at her. "I have a little surprise for you." She grabbed the corner of the sheet and whipped it off the table. Voldemort stared at body on the table.

The body had been skinned from head to toe. The eyes and tongue had been cut out and the blood had been drained completely. The face was contorted in horror and that did nothing to quell the fear that was building up inside the dark lord.

"What's the matter Tommy? Don't you recognise him?" Hermione asked. Voldemort looked at her and she grinned. "After all, he was only yours and Dumbledore's precious spy." Voldemort's eyes widen in shock as he looked at the body once more and Hermione nodded. "Yep, this is Severus Snape…the potion master…and pitiful man who bullied Harry all because he looked like his father. I took my time with him, as you can see," she waved a hand at the body, "He was very cooperative, especially when I forced fed him one of my special potions."

"Why…why is he here?" Voldemort asked.

"Like I said, Harry's blood brought you back, your blood will bring him back…but that's not enough. I need more than your blood…I need all of your blood." Understanding dawned on him.

"My Death Eaters…" he started and Hermione nodded.

"Yes, I needed their blood…and their souls. Not to mention, I had to get the people who had been tainted by the darkness, thanks to you and your Death Eaters, to help me out. And I had to get you to kill your most loyal follower…Bellatrix." Voldemort growled. "Oh, don't get your boxers in a twist, she tortured and killed Harry, getting you to kill her was too easy."

"Why Snape?" he asked.

"Because he's the one who started this whole chain in motion," Hermione started. "He gave you the first part of the prophecy and gave up Harry, asking for Lily in return for a reward. Did you know that he owned James a life debt?" Voldemort's eyes nearly bulged out of his head at the knowledge. Now he understood why Snape had done his best to save Harry on the Quidditch Pitch.

The sound of metal scraping against metal brought Voldemort out of his thoughts and he saw Hermione was now at his table with a knife in her hand, letting it trace over the edge of the table. "It's time…Tommy."

She brought the knife to his skin and started cutting patterns into him. Voldemort snarled as he tried to jerk his body away from her cutting but he was too firmly strapped down. All the while, she was muttering under her breath as she carefully but quickly cut the symbols.

It was nearly time; she could feel it. She needed to be quicker. Soon she was finished with the symbols and she placed the knife into the bowl of warm water before she picked up another knife, the same one she had tried to kill herself with and gave him a feral smile, he felt his fear speed up a notch.

Hermione climbed up onto the table, straddling Voldemort as she did. Voldemort watched as she raised the knife high in the air over her head, both hands wrapped around the hilt and in that moment, lightning flashed and the image before him changed. Harry Potter was in place where Hermione was and Voldemort felt his eyes widen when he realised just what was coming.

He opened his mouth but it was too late, Harry/Hermione brought the knife down, plunging it into Voldemort's chest, narrowly missing the ribs and ripping through into his heart. Voldemort arched with a scream. There was a rumble as Hermione came back to her senses and she scrambled off the table, stumbling when the room started bleeding.

The ground underneath the table rumbled louder before it slowly spilt apart to reveal a dark pool of blood. She watched it as it rippled before several of bloody claws shot out from the puddle and clamped themselves around Voldemort's still squirming body.

Voldemort gasped when he felt hands and looked down to see the dangerous claws, the sharp black talons before screaming as understanding dawned on him.

With a hard tug, the top of the table was pulled into the pool with a crunch. Voldemort yelled even harder, squirming as he tried to free himself when the hands at the bottom of the table tugged, pulling it in further.

The claws started to cut into Voldemort, seeking the symbols that allowed them to touch their newest toy and he screamed as his skin began to ripple due to the talons digging in and cutting his skin away.

The claws tugged even harder and he was pulled halfway into the portal. He knew that he was losing the battle but he was desperate.

"I will come back!" Voldemort screamed; his red eyes locked on Hermione. "I will come back!"

"No…you won't," Hermione said, softly but surely. He was finished. Voldemort's eyes bulged out in fear, screaming just as claws covered his face and pulled him in completely.

The portal closed itself up and the blood slowly began to disappear within the walls. She looked around when there was smoke and a man came out of it. She looked at him before biting her bottom lip. The witch, who had taught her the ritual, had told her what to expect but it was still a shock to see it first-hand.

A man dressed in a long black cloak stood in front of her with an expressionless face. He was quite handsome with shaggy black hair and ice blue eyes. Hermione stared at him before she broke the silence.

"Did…Did I do it? Did I make it on time?" she asked. He stared at her for a long time that fear made Hermione tense. She had to have done it on time, please let her have done it on time.

After a long time, he gave her a slow nod. Hermione gaped at him before relief shot through her. Her knees weakened and she fell to her knees, sobbing. Tears of happiness coursed through her as a bright smile tugged at her lips. She had done it. Laugher bubbled up from her chest. She had done it.

After managing to control herself, she looked up at the older man who was watching her with a pensive look.

"When?" She ran a shaky hand through her hair. "When will he be back?"

"Where is his body?" he asked, his voice rough. She struggled to her feet before she led the way over to another room. Pushing the door open, she stepped in and pointed to the end of the room.

He looked and saw Harry Potter's body perfectly preserved inside a glass coffin before he looked at her questioningly before shaking his head. He moved over to Harry's body, removing the lid and placed his hand over the still chest.

Hermione watched fitfully as she heard unintelligible words coming from the man. A bright light surrounded Harry before Harry's back arched his mouth parting in a silent scream before the man stepped back as the glow snapped inside of Harry.

Harry gasped, his green eyes fluttering open. Happiness filled Hermione up to the point she felt she was going to burst.

"Harry!" Hermione cried as she ran forward, cupping his face as she peered down at him, more tears of happiness falling unbidden from her eyes. Harry blinked up at her before he smiled warmly, his hand coming up and caressing her cheek.

"My brilliant bookworm," he greeted her affectionately "You did it. I should have never doubted you." Hermione bent down and kissed him. His hand cupped the back of her head, holding her close as he tasted her once more.

Hermione was savouring the taste of him. It had been so long since she had tasted him. She broke the kiss and buried her face into his neck, holding him close. He continued to stroke her hair, whispering into her ear before he pressed a kiss to her neck.

There was a cough and Hermione pulled away from Harry to look at the man once more. He gave her a small smile.

"Remember of our deal. For he to be immersed in the earthly plane once more, a sacrifice is required and it must be dealt by his hand," the man warned her and Hermione nodded.

"I know of the perfect person," she assured him. The man gave her a nod before he faded in a swirl of black cloud. She turned back to Harry. She touched his face. "You're back…you're back." She kissed him again.

"I missed you so much," Harry whispered as she helped him to sit up and he touched her cheek. "It was hell staying away from you." He kissed her softly before Hermione arched an eyebrow.

"You weren't coming to me at night and keeping me in a sleep while you had your wicked way with me?" Harry blushed and stammered before Hermione laughed. It felt good to laugh. "Harry, I knew you were coming to me…and I know you weren't doing anything." Harry just glared at her for nearly giving him a heart attack.

"So…what did the man mean?" Harry asked.

"For you to stay alive, you need to kill someone for your soul to stay with your body," Hermione explained. Harry nodded as he tried to get up but he felt weak. His body, while being preserved, hadn't been used for over a year so it would take time for him to build his strength up.

Hermione slipped an arm around his waist, helping him up. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder as he gingerly got to his feet. Hermione began helping him walk over to the other side of the room where there was another.

"Who do you have for me to kill?" Harry asked, curious. As far as he knew, Hermione had taken out nearly everyone. Hermione gave him a shy smile.

"I was going to kill him when I remembered what you said, so I left him for you," Hermione helped Harry over to the door. She reached out with her hand, which was supporting his chest, and twisted the handle, pushing it open.

The light behind them lit up a path toward the centre of the room where a man was bound up and tied to the chair. The man lifted his head and his eyes widened when he spotted Potter alive and well. Harry stared at him blankly for a few moments before it dawned on him and he gave Hermione a warm feral grin. She smiled back at him, both pleased that he was back and that he was pleased with her choice of sacrifice for him.

Harry turned to face the man once more, scanning him. He was badly beaten; courtesy of the twins who had taken a dislike to the man the moment they had found out that he was the one who nearly killed Hermione in the Ministry.

"Hello…Dolohov," he greeted.

The End/TBC

Harry is back…

One more chapter

Another Fic help (I Know!)

This is set after the 5th book. Harry is at the Grangers' house. Hermione is sitting on the edge of the swimming pool dressed in a bikini and Harry is looking for the scar (which had faded thanks to Madam Pomfrey's potion). Hermione inhales, making her breasts rise and Harry's eyes widen which caused to her to laugh and Harry to be embarrassed.

This was set after Harry sees her scar the first time and breaks down, apologising to her for putting her in danger. Her father thought something else was happening when he saw Harry reach out to touch Hermione's chest but Hermione's mother (I think prevents him from going over).

If this sounds familiar, just let me know! Any hint would be great!

Thanks.

-->