Unofficial Portkey Archive

Heart Haven by vanillaparchment
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Heart Haven

vanillaparchment

A/N: It is with a measure of trepidation that I begin to post this sequel. It has, as things often do, taken a different shape from what I originally envisioned. Characters that I thought would be of relative unimportance have taken central roles, and after writing six chapters of an original draft, I decided to start over. This story is a patchwork quilt of sorts, but I hope it is at least a quilt of some beauty and some enjoyment. Enjoy!

Prologue

Below is an excerpt from an award-winning article from The Oracle, the wizarding world's newest periodical:

Magic itself ended the wedding with a flourish of gold, and everyone watched as the world's newest and most legendary couple sailed off into their new lives together.

It was a beautiful love story, to be certain, but are we aware of the stories underneath? For, as some know (though only vaguely) and others forget, there are seven smaller stories woven underneath the tapestry of Harry and Hermione Potter.

These stories have names-Benjamin, Katy, Jack, Yasmine, Dustin, Adrian, and Jackie. And these stories are an intimate part of Harry and Hermione's lives.

For, the reader may be reminded, these are the names of their children. They are Potters not by birth, but by love.

All nine of the Potters now live in an old, old house now christened `Heart Haven'.

This is the story of the Potters. It is the story of Heart Haven. It is the story of rebirth; it is the story of renewal.

This is the story, in small ways, of us.

-Dean Thomas, The Oracle

-->