Unofficial Portkey Archive

Always Been by afterthought and ellipses
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Always Been

afterthought and ellipses

A/N: Hey guys. I shook the arrangement a little. It isn't Harry-Hermione-Ron-Ginny anymore. You'll figure it out, I'm sure. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy. Last chapter, I think.

Disclaimer: Not J.K. Rowling. I ship Harmony, don't I?

Chapter III: Happiness

As a boy, happiness was food and family.

As a teen, happiness was food, family, friends and quidditch.

As a man, happiness is knowing you did what was right.

And now she's no longer yours to have.

No longer yours to hold.

No longer yours to want.

No longer yours to love.

But that's okay. It's alright that she's finally his. Because she finally is. And it makes her happy. And it makes him happy. So it makes you happy. And now you're all happy. You've always been caring.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

As a child, happiness was your brothers' jokes and your mother's cooking.

As an adolescent, happiness was going to school and making friends and being with him.

As an adult, happiness was fleeting.

Because now he isn't yours to call his own.

He isn't yours to dream of.

He isn't yours to want.

He isn't yours to love. Not anymore.

And you wish and you pray for the sadness and the emptiness to go away. You wish for happiness once more. Even if it isn't with him. Because he's happy with her. And after all, haven't you always been able to get what you wished for?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

As an orphaned child, you've dreamt of happiness.

As a harassed teenager, you aspired for happiness.

As an adult, you've finally got it. You've finally got her. Even if you don't deserve her at all.

Now, she's yours to have.

Yours to hold.

Yours to want.

Yours to love.

And you do so. Without the guilt, without the hurt, without the pain. You feel as though your heart would burst with happiness. You've always been a winner.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Growing up, happiness was in your books and in your family.

Maturing, happiness was in your friends and in saving the world.

Now, as the wise woman that you are, happiness is him.

Now, he's yours to call your own.

He's yours to dream of.

Yours to love.

And you don't stop. You know you'll never stop. You couldn't even if you tried. You've always loved him.

Always.

A/N: Aren't happy endings wonderful? Reviews are wonderful too.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->