Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Crow: Some times somethings are stronger than Magic. by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Crow: Some times somethings are stronger than Magic.

Kai_Lun_Mau

Chapter 4:

Vincent Crabbe knew he would never be known for being smart but that didn`t mean he was completely stupid, the time to meet up with Draco and Greggory had been and gone and he was still waiting here at the Quidditch pitch, he sighed the long suffering sighs of underlings everywhere and glanced at the watch on his wrist 18:45. The Halloween feast was due to start at eight and he was starting to get a little annoyed at his so called friends lack of time keeping. "Fine I waited, they haven't shown up I'm going back inside."

He turned and was startled as a Crow swooped past him and then soared upwards to land on one of the goal rings. glaring at the bird for giving him a fright he turned and started towards the tunnel that lead back to the dressing rooms and into the school. He stepped into the dark and began to make his way towards the door when he stopped hearing the clink of metal on metal.

"Tell me something Crabbe, do you like Quidditch?

Crabbe frowned searching the darkness for some sign of whoever else was in here with him, then he saw it the faint outline of a figure barely noticeable in the darkness but there none the less.

"Well I asked you a question?" The shadow moved slightly bending over something and with a creak Crabbe heard hinges being opened. "You see I loved Quidditch, being on a broomstick and flying is one of the greatest feelings in the world, you want to know what the greatest feeling is though?"

Crabbe began to get nervous and he slowly started to edge back the way he came moving slowly just in case the figure could see him.

"The greatest feeling Crabbe is to love and be loved in return. See I was loved once, she hated quidditch though, hated to watch me fly though, didn't want to see me get hurt. She dead now. She was brutalized a year ago today in the shrieking shack while I was tied up and beaten. Do you remember this Crabbe?"

"No! You not him, he's dead the dark lord killed him, you are just some lying trying to make me admit something." All pretense of trying to move silently was stripped away as the large teen turned running back the way he came. Behind him there is another chink of metal on metal and a whoosh and the smack of wood striking leather and suddenly Crabbe's world was white with pain.

He lay there writhing in pain his hands clutching at his side where he had been struck. His eyes wide open as the figure stepped into the light and he moaned in fear the disgusting feeling of liquid warmth in his underwear as his fear took control and he pissed his pants.

"You never answered my question Crabbe. Do you like quidditch."

Harry's cruel smirk was all Crabbe could focus on as he heard the sound of something whistling through the air towards them both and he watched as Harry swung a beaters bat at a bludger knocking it towards him as he lay there trying not to cry. The enchanted ball of leather slammed hard into his chest driving the air from his lungs in a whoosh sending him skidding along the surface of the quidditch pitch. He lay there gasping for breath his mind pleading with any gods who were listening to help him but all he heard was Harry laughter and he felt something solid slam into the side of his face his jaw snapping from the blow and finally blissfully darkness.

*********************

*Slap*

Crabbe screamed as though someone was pouring molten lead over his face as pain blazed through him as his broken jaw shifted from the blow. He shook himself to some semblance of consciousness and was face to face with Harry staring into the green eyes so filled with hatred. He tried to talk but he couldn't his jaw unhinged and broken and all he could do was mumble. His shoulders were on fire and it took him several minutes to realise he was fifty feet in the air and tied tightly to one of the goal hoops.

"What was that Crabbe, you want to play quidditch with me?" Harry laughed at the fear he saw plastered all over the bigger boys face. "Sorry Crabbe I have to go, but I leave something, well things really for you to play with while I'm gone." Harry smirked. "Have fun Crabbe, I'm sure hell has a private spot already set aside for you when you get there." Harry turned on the broomstick he had borrowed from the stores and calmly flew down to the pitch leaving the sobbing mumbling Crabbe bound tightly to the goal hoop. In the centre circle was the box used by Madam Hooch during quidditch matches. He flipped open the lid and he looked up meeting the eyes of the frightened Crabbe. "Oh yeah just so you know the goal posts are charmed to be unbreakable." He laughed at the look of terror that suddenly appeared on Crabbe's face as Harry calmly popped the two safety catches on the bludger restraints and the floated up into the air to join there already whizzing counterpart. Harry raised his hand and waved at the now screaming Crabbe before he turned and calmly walked off the quidditch pitch.

Crabbe hung there from the goal screaming hoping someone would come and rescue him he was still screaming when the first Bludger slammed into his chest and his screams grew louder as he felt his ribs crack and smash from the blow, his body being squeezed between the bludger and the goal post, he gasped as he felt the pressure stop and the bludger flew away only to be replaced by another then another. He hung there his mind almost gone from the pain as over half the bones in his body were smashed from the blows and he tried to focus his bleary eyes on the three black dots that zoomed towards him....then finally the pain stopped.

*************

Snape scowled as he left the slytherin common room and stalked down the corridor. So far he had been unable to locate either Crabbe or Malfoy. He was scared and for Severus Snape that was not acceptable, the fear turned to anger and he gripped his wand tighter and he made his way down the corridors of the dungeon.

"Evening Snivellus."

Reacting solely on instinct Snape spun around his cloak billowing out behind him as he raised his wand. "Stupefy" He smirked as he watched the bolt of blue white magic illuminate the darkened corridor and strike the owner of the voice.

"Really Snivellus that wasn't very nice, and here I came to just talk to you, oh well shouldn't have expected any less from a greasy git like you."

"Potter!" Snape almost growled the word as he lowered his wand slightly. "You know we wont let you hurt anyone else."

"Really Professor how exactly do you plan to stop me, this is justice, this is what the animals deserve for what they did to us!"

"This isn't justice Potter, it's murder, your exactly like you father, arrogant and proud." Snape sneered at him and Harry's temper bristled.

"Even now you can't get over your petty grudge, you're pathetic Snape, you can't stop me from getting justice for Hermione and I, Crabbe Goyle are already paid, Malfoy and his dad, Old Tom...all of them are going to die as well." Harry just shrugged that same half smile on his face.

"I care nothing about your petty revenge, Lucius Malfoy died in an Auror raid six months ago, I will protect his son from you, I will see that he is punished properly for what he did Potter but I wont let you murder anymore of my students, now what have you done with Vincent Crabbe!"

Harry chuckled a rather disturbing sound when your saw the face that issued it and he tossed something at Snapes feet, the beater's club. "Yeah Crabbe had an accident on the quidditch field, those bludgers can be pretty nasty." Harry grinned evilly at his former potions professor. "And I can Guarantee after we're done you'll care you bastard." He darted forward crossing the distance between himself and Snape in seconds clamping both of his hands over his face.

Snape tried to call out but all he could do as memory after memory of everything that happened last Halloween burst through his mental barriers and all he could do was groan as his mind was assaulted as he re-lived every horror visited on Harry and Hermione that night in mere moments. Harry pulled his hands away from Snapes face and watched as the Potions master lay in a heap on the floor convulsing. "You'll care now won't you." Harry spat watching the saliva dribble down the convulsing Snapes face. "Now for the ferret."

**************

TBC...