Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Crow: Some times somethings are stronger than Magic. by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Crow: Some times somethings are stronger than Magic.

Kai_Lun_Mau

Chapter 5:

He stood there, rain pouring down, lightning splitting the sky and he just stood looking at the lighted windows of his first real friends home. Quietly he walked across the grass and climbed up the steps and knocked on the door. He smiled as inside he could hear Fang scrabble to his feet and charge at the door barking and scratching at the wood whilst in the background he could hear the sound of Hagrid's booted feet as he crossed the wooden floor.

"A'right a'right I'm comin, who is it?" Hagrid pulled open the door slightly cross-bow in hand just in case and he peered suspiciously at the guy at his front door. "Can I help you?"

Harry smiled at the half giant and stepped forward so his face was in the light from Hagrid's lights. "A cup of tea would be nice right about now Hagrid."

What little of Hagrid's face that could be seen behind the beard paled significantly and he stepped back from the door in shock. "Merlin's Ghost!" His finger twitched on the cross-bow trigger and the catch shifted and the arrow sped from the weapon and sank through Harry's chest. "HARRY!" Hagrid dropped the cross-bow in horror. "Hold on Harry we need to get Madam Pomfrey, just hold on!"

Harry wanted to laugh at the panic the half giant was getting himself into. "Hagrid, Hagrid!" With a grunt the arrow was pulled out and tossed onto the table. "It's ok Hagrid, and anyway I don't think there's anything Madam Pomfrey could do for me anyway."

Hagrid's face paled even further as he watched the blood slowly trickle back into the hole from the arrow and the hole close. "Bloody ell..."

Harry sat down on one of Hagrid's over sized chairs and laughed as almost immediately Fang was upon him licking his face. "Down fang, I see you too, I've missed you as well you big goof." He pushed the huge dog off of him and he looked at Hagrid. "I've missed you as well Hagrid."

"Oh...right...tea was it?" Hagrid turned to the massive tea kettle on his hearth and lifted it and slowly filled one of his soup bowl sized cups and handed it to Harry. "You're not a ghost I ope?"

Harry smiled slightly at his old friend. "No Hagrid, if I am I'm the first solid ghost, not sure what I am though, just know that I was dead, and now I'm not." He took the mug of tea from his friend and took a few sips.

"Who-who hurt you and Hermione Harry?"

Harry set the mug down and smiled a rather sinister smile and Hagrid fought the urge to run away as he saw something in the young mans eyes. "Was Voldemort and his groupies, both Malfoys, Crabbe and Goyle." He sipped his tea and laughed. "Crabbe and Goyle are in hell with Malfoy senior and soon enough Ferret is going to join them." He set the now empty mug on the floor and looked Hagrid in the eyes. "Then...then it's Voldemorts turn."

"Harry you can't do this, you gotta let Dumbledore and the others....." He trailed off as he watched Harry stiffen in his seat and his eyes glazed over slightly.

To Harry the world shifted and his sight became black and white and slightly canted to one side, but he knew what was happening, it was the crow, he was seeing through it's eyes and he was looking at his prey. Draco Malfoy. He stood and he walked over to the half giant and he wrapped him in a hug. "Goodbye Hagrid." He walked out of the cabin.

Finally Hagrid snapped out of it and lumbered outside into the rain. "Harry, Harry wait!" But it was too late Harry was gone.

******************

With his blonde hair and blue eyes and his cold manner and arrogant bearing Draco Malfoy was every inch the pureblood his heritage as he made his way down the corridor towards the great hall and the feast. A cold cruel smirk adorned his face as he made from the owlery having sent his message to his master. Soon enough Hogwarts would be in the hands of the Dark Lord and he, Draco Malfoy would be his second, raised above all others in his masters new world order. The stones were in place and soon the anti apparation wards surrounding the school would come down and the fall of Hogwarts would take place. He smiled as he remembered the discussion he had with his lord about the Ward disrupter stones created to make the school vulnerable, and he, Crabbe and Goyle had been charged with getting them into position, over the space of the past month they had completed their task and were to wait their masters arrival in the great hall. He was angry though, he had seen nothing of either of his two cronies since this morning and the time of reckoning was almost upon them.

He rounded the corner and he came to a stop as he eyed the figure walking towards him, by the way he was dressed he was no student, if anything the way he dressed reminded him of Snape. Suddenly there was a burst of movement from behind him and he spun around his wand sliding from it's sheath into his hand and he watched a bird, a raven or a crow fly past him and land on the shoulder on the man.

"I know it's Halloween and all but don't you think your a little old for dress up?" Draco sneered as the man continued to advance towards him. "I am talking to you!" Slowly Draco began to back away his wand raised. "I'm warning you, back off."

"Or what ferret, you'll kill me?" Harry raised his gaze and flashing green eyes met cold blue and Draco staggered back as if he'd been slapped.

"Ha, v-very good whoever you are, you look just like him, but enough is enough leave before you regret it."

"Tell me something was my death the price for the mark on your arm?"Harry kept walking in that slow deliberate manner his gaze never leaving Malfoys. "You shouldn't have touched her Malfoy, you should have just came after me, but you didn't, you had to get your licks in on her, why because she was smarter than you?"

Malfoy sneered. "That bitch, I proved I was smarter than she ever could be, as for you I don't know who you are but pretty soon you'll be joining Potter and his whore." He raised his wand and smiled a cold humorless smile. "Avada Kedavra!" The end of his wand glowed with the sickly green light and the bolt of magic blazed from the tip of his wand and struck the advancing figure in the chest. But his smile of victory was short lived as the figure just kept coming. "Avada Kedavra, AVADA KEDAVRA!" He started to panic as bolt after bolt of green death splashed harmlessly against the mans chest.

Harry grinned and he slowly backed Malfoy against the wall. "Can't kill what's already dead Ferret." He grabbed the wand from Malfoys hand and cocked his head back and drove it forward in a viciously head-butt slamming it into Malfoy's face busting his nose wide open and causing his head to smack solidly against the wall, his eyes rolling up into his head and Malfoy slid bonelessly to the floor. Harry shook his head and bent down and grabbed Malfoy and through him over his shoulder and started down the corridor heading out of the school and towards the whomping willow.

***************

Malfoy slowly pulled himself from the blackness of unconsciousness as he felt something wet splash all over him, his face ached and his eyes wouldn't focus properly as he tried to figure out where he was. He tried to stand only then realising he was gagged restrained, tied tightly to a chair in a room he vaguely found familiar.

"I see you're awake Ferret, that's good, I would like to think you'll be aware of what's going on when you die."

Suddenly for Malfoy the voice brought everything back, Potter, Potter was the one behind this, but it couldn't be Potter because he was dead. He looked around the room suddenly it all came into focus, he was in the Shrieking Shack and that smell what was that smell, `Oh god!` he thought it was petrol, he been doused in petrol. He shook his head trying to shake off the dizziness from the fumes and he tried to focus on the indistinct figure in the shadows that he knew had to be Potter.

Harry smirked as he watched Malfoy try and escape from his bonds and he laughed as he watched the realisation dawn and the fear appear in his eyes when he realised he had been doused in petrol. "This place hurts me you know, all the memories of what happened that night are imprinted on this rooms memory, so I decided I wasn't going to leave it standing, she deserves a better memorial than this. This place is going to burn Ferret and your going to burn with it." He smirked at the terrified Malfoy and raised Malfoys wand and pointed it at the puddle of petrol in the corner. "I want you to watch as your death swoops down on you Ferret and I want you to suffer. Incendious!" The jet of flame shot from the wand and the petrol caught fire and sped around the room igniting the walls and furnishings as it went. Calmly Harry dropped the wand and walked out the door. He stopped for a moment and waved goodbye at Malfoy.

Draco screamed into is gag as he watched the blaze speed towards him he struggled at his bonds but the wouldn't give and he began to scream when the flames whooshed towards him and the petrol he had been doused in caught fire. He screamed and screamed as he felt himself burning his skin, hair, clothes all on fire and then finally his screams stopped.

****************

Harry stood outside as he watched the Shack burn, a grim satisfaction felt a he watched his definition of hell be consumed by the flames. "One left, no need for the map anymore." He pulled it from his pocket and unfolded it and watched in horror as in the great hall as a dot suddenly appeared in the centre the name above it, Tom Marvolo Riddle.

******************

TBC...

AN: Well only one chapter to go for Harry's quest for vengeance and I hope all of you are enjoying my story. If you are then I suggest you all go read The Raven by Heaven, and while I like to believe that I have the potential to become a good writer Heaven is a great writer and I know you will probably enjoy the story