Unofficial Portkey Archive

Till Death Do Us Part by nmffnurse
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Till Death Do Us Part

nmffnurse

Draco was still kissing Ginny as the curtains closed. Only breaking apart when Professor Mcgonagall shouted Lumos and all the actors and actresses congregated on the stage.

"You both were wonderful!" Professor Mcgonagall exclaimed, clapping her hands.

"Wonderful, wonderful improvisation Malfoy! You improved my script." Luna added.

But it wasn't improv. Not at the end. What made Draco kiss her was something he couldn't explain. The feelings that he now realized were bubbling underneath the surface throughout all his practices with Ginny were exploding now. It wasn't just friendship. It was now something more.

He hadn't realized that both his hands were still holding hers until Ginny was suddenly pulled away.

"The Daily prophet wants to speak to our star actress!"Mcgonagall said pulling Ginny away. Draco's eyes followed her, Ginny's eyes locked with his as well as she followed her teacher off the stage.

He was oblivious to all the congratulations and pats on his back going on around him. He had to talk to Ginny. But he felt himself getting pulled this way and that. He even had his own interview with the Daily Prophet, his mother beaming with pride next to him.

"So Mr. Malfoy, many of us in the audience think you are perfect for a career on the stage!" the reporter stated and then asked if Draco wanted to pursue acting in more wizard productions in the future.

Any other time Draco might have loved basking in all that praise. But not now. He was a Slytherin. Determined. And he had to talk to Ginny.

Draco conjured up a fake smile, "Only if Miss Weasley costars" he said, nodding his head to the reporter before heading off to try to find Ginny.

Finding her was easy. One could not miss that shade of red. Talking to her was quite another. She was constantly surrounded by people. Amongst Ginny's new fans were her brother Ron Weasley and the rest of the trio shooting hateful glances his way. It was a kiss, not an unforgivable but by the way they looked at him told Draco they felt otherwise.

Draco dragged his eyes away from Ginny to his mum who was now putting her coat on. "I have to floo back home son, but I want to let you know what a great job you did today. The audience loved you."

That meant a lot to Draco. The thoughts of how people viewed him after his father was sent to Azkaban and the incident with Colin Creevey upset him. No one except Moaning Myrtle knew about his sadness after his father had been taken away. He spent many hours in the bathrooms hiding his reddened tear stained face from the rest of the students.

"Thanks mum, but it might be the good looks you gave me, not my acting ability."

Naricssa smiled at him before adjusting her hat and departing. "I'm proud of you Draco. Now go talk to that redhead , seems you two have quite the chemistry there." Narcissa winked at him before heading to the Great Hall doors.

Did his mum see what he had felt? Was she giving him permission to pursue a Weasley.

"She's over there Draco," Narcissa smiled ,pointing her wand at a group of people surrounding the redhead near one of the windows closet to the doors.

Draco stepped over to the crowd still unable to get any alone time with Ginny, "Coming to the cast after party Malfoy?" Neville asked.

"Maybe." Draco said before Blaise who was standing nearby whispered in his ear, " Your redhead will be there."

"Actually Neville. I will go. " He hoped maybe then he would be able to get Ginny away from the crowd and talk to her.

The cast after party was filled with raucous laughter and even more congratulations. Draco had even taken a few pictures with Ginny. Talking to her was another story. She wouldn't look at him. Wouldn't come near him and every time Draco tried to get her attention, Ginny would slip away and be with her many friends.

Draco walked with Blaise sullenly behind the Gryffindors at the end of the party. The Gryffindors departing first up the stairs.

Shouts of friendly greetings were heard. Many for the first time. "Night Zabini, Night Malfoy."

Blaise waved goodnight and Draco could only whisper to one particular Gryffindor. "Good night Ginny."

He thought maybe she had heard him. She turned around, catching his stare before turning away quickly and disappearing through the portrait hole.

Blaise could only shake his head and laugh. "You've got it bad, my friend."

Draco brought himself up out of his reverie, straightened up and walked past Blaise. "Have no idea what you are speaking of."

"You have a crush on the Weasley girl."

Draco could deny it was a crush. In fact it wasn't a lie. He didn't have a crush on Ginny. What he felt for the redhead was much more than a crush. Draco Malfoy was in love.

-->