Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Many Loves Of Ginny by nmffnurse
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Many Loves Of Ginny

nmffnurse

Ginny crept down the hallways, deftly avoiding Filch. Chuckling to herself as she went past Mrs. Norris unnoticed, she thought of Draco's beet-red face. It almost paid for having Draco take 30 points away from Gryffindor House for inappropriate conduct. The point loss would not go unnoticed. Ginny's smile started to fade as she thought of the explanation she would have to give.

"I'll just think of that later." Breathing a sigh of relief she reached the portrait hole. Ginny uttered the magic word, "Go Chudley Cannons." Ron obviously had influence on the passwords of Gryffindor Tower. Stepping on the other side Ginny had to pat herself on the back for being so sneaky, "Thanks for all the lessons Fred & George," she whispered silently.

"Where have you been?" bellowed a voice that was liable to wake everyone from Hogwarts to Hogsmeade. Coming out from the shadows were, surprise, surprise, Ron and Hermione with Harry who was holding a very shaky Marauder's map.

"Obviously you already know." Ginny said glancing at the map, "Now if you don't mind I would like to get some sleep." Ginny walked past the trio but was roughly pushed into a chair by Ron.

"Is it true you're dating Zabini?" Ron stood there clenching his fists waiting for the answer he hoped for but would not come. "Please tell me that Lavendar and Parvati are liars."

Before she could answer, Hermione's voice, which was sounding more and more like Molly Weasley's, pounded into her ears. "Don't you know he's a Slytherin!!"

Ginny snapped back her retort, "Perhaps I don't possess your brain Hermione but I was able to surmise that he was a Slytherin all by myself." She winced seeing the hurt flash in Hermione's eyes. She knew that Hermione had nothing but the best intentions. No matter how annoying Hermione's overprotectiveness was, her heart was in the right place.

"Yes, I'm dating Blaise….."

Ron pretended to choke, "You're using his first name Gin!!!! That f#@$ing deatheater! Why don't you just drive a knife right through my heart. Did he bewitch you? Are you pregnant?"

"Cut the drama brother dear. Just because I'm dating him doesn't mean I'm going to marry him." Ginny said coolly, not wanting to reveal how highly upset she was becoming. How dare Ron accuse her of being pregnant. Yes she dated, but that didn't mean she slept around. It hurt her to think her own brother might hold those thoughts. Was she a virgin? No - but that didn't mean she threw herself at every guy she dated. Ok, she did throw herself at Zabini- but that was an exception.

"You can't trust Slytherin's Gin. There is no way I will let Zabini take advantage of you. Over my dead body!"

Ginny slowly rose her temper now matching her hair, " Well Ron Weasley, you certainly didn't act like this when I dated Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnegan."

"They were gentlemen!" Ron replied his voice awakening the other students of Gryffindor tower, unknowingly drawing an audience. "It's better you stick with Gryffindors, Ravenclaws…..even-even Hufflepuffs!"

"I hate to break it too you, but those gentleman tried to get into my knickers!" Ginny added making Ron even angrier,"One successful, one not."

At that , Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnegan who had suddenly stopped laughing decided they were extremely tired and sped up to bed.

"You what?!!!" Ron yelled.

"Yes I had sex with Dean Thomas….right on the sofa Harry is sitting on."

Harry immediately jumped off the sofa his eyes shooting daggers at Ginny.

Ginny matched him stare for stare, "AND I ENJOYED IT!!!"

Ginny lowered her head, feeling pricks of tears behind her eyes. She was tired of defending herself. Tired of pretending she didn't have the same urges and desires that were part of being a normal teenage. No longer was she eleven, shy and awkward. She hadn't been that way in a long time. Ron, Harry and Hermione may have been too busy to have noticed but others had including Blaise Zabini. Couldn't they see that she was becoming a woman fully capable of making her own decisions without the influence of her brother, Harry and Hermione? Although she loved them to death, contrary to popular belief she enjoyed keeping the company of other people and relished her independence. Hadn't she proved her worth during her 4th year fighting side by side at the Ministry of Magic?

Was she not the best Chaser at Hogwarts? Couldn't she have her own friends, hobbies and life without them breathing down her neck?

Blaise. She knew exactly what kind of guy he was. But she was prepared. She wasn't dating him out of some fanciful dream that he was her soulmate. Blah! She didn't believe in any of it. Not even when Trelawney had told her she was destined to marry a Slytherin, the love of her life, who was a year ahead of her in birth.Of course Trelawney had given her no name. She didn't put much stock in what Trelawney said..Ginny was dating Blaise because he was fun to be around, interesting to talk to….and yes, it helped that he was a good kisser to boot .

"Do you know the kind of reputation Zabini has!?" Harry clutched at the now balled up Marauder's map.

Ginny pushed past Harry almost knocking him to the floor, ignoring the stares of her fellow housemates as she ascended the stairs. Ginny snapped before slamming the door behind her, "Do you know the reputation I have?" Ginny paused looking directly at Ron, Herm and Harry, "If you do, may the Gods help Zabini because he'll need it!"

****

"Need a word with you Zabini!" The great Hall was hushed as Ron stalked over to the Slytherin table.

Draco wasn't the least bit surprised. In fact he was looking forward to the show. If this had been any other time in which a Gryffindor threatened a Slytherin, Draco wouldn't hesistate to hex them into eternity. As Head Boy he should put a stop to it. Instead he took one last sip from his glass before leaning against his chair ready to view the entertainment. Blaise would get what he deserved for a) having such low standards as to date a Weasley and b) daring to raise his voice at him and making Draco the fool once again of the Slytherin common room. Today Blaise Zabini would get his just rewards.

"What might I assist you with?" Zabini didn't bother looking up to acknowledge Ron as he kept eating.

Draco grinned watching the horrified look on Ginny's face as she ran over to the Slytherin table.

"With this!"

Crack!

Ron's punch landed squarely in Zabini's face.

"My nose! My nose! You broke my nose!" Zabini screamed as blood dripped down his face. He jumped up from his seat landing just a few blows against Weasley. Blood and pain had blinded him leaving Weasley with the advantage.

"You fight like a girl Zabini!" Draco couldn't hide his laughter as he heard the Head Girl start taking away points from her own boyfriend. This was just as good as quidditch.

Crack!

"My nose! My nose! You broke my nose!" Ron cried as his own sister landed a punch that would rival any of her brother's.

"Leave him alone!"

No, Draco thought, this wasn't just as good as quidditch, it was much better! The little Weasel fights like a boxer. Well of course she would she has like 20 brothers.

"Stop this immediately!" Interrupting the fight was Professor McGonagall eyeing Ginny, Ron and Blaise disappointingly. To Madame Pomfrey's all of you! Once you are all healed report to your Head of House."

Ginny stood there rubbing her knuckles which were now painfully bruised while Zabini and Ron exchanged looks that would kill.

"Off you go children!" Mcgonagall shooed them away, shaking her head as she took her seat at the staff table.

"Hey Zabini," Draco raised his head haughtily, "That's what you get for dating the whore of Gryffindor."

Before he knew what happened he felt Zabini's hands throw him against the wall.

"I told you once, I'll tell you again, Zabini seethed, "Don't you ever talk about my girlfriend!"

"Get your hands off me! How dare you…." Draco didn't get to finish as blow after blow landed on his face and stomach. But it wasn't just Zabini. Ron had jumped in ,united in defending his sister's honor with Zabini.

The next thing Draco remembered was lying in the medical wing. His body ached something fierce. His vision was still blurred but he could make out faint whispers behind a curtain next to his bed.

"I'm so- I'm sor…Oh hell, look Zabini if you want to date Ginny then, well….just don't try anything that would make me break your nose again."

"Your somewhat sorry excuse for an apology is accepted."

"Now hug and make up." The voice obviously belonged to Ginny Weasley. "Ok how about shaking hands……..that's a lot better."

He saw the umistakable lanky shadow of Ron Weasley head to the door, "I guess I'll be leaving then. See you two at dinner."

Draco fumed. So now there's peace on earth is there? What about me? No one apologized to me!

Now there were other sounds coming from behind the curtain. Sounds which had no place in a medical wing….Draco looked around frantically for Madame Pomfrey who was nowhere to be seen. He had to leave but he was much to weak to leave the bed.

"Let me kiss the pain away Blaise." Ginny whispered.

" Ginny…." Came a very shaky voice, "I wasn't hurt there."

He closed his eyes not wanting to look at the strange shadows on the curtain that his eyes were drawn to. The unmistakable sound of clothes hitting the floor made him ache even more than the many brusies that covered his body did. Hadn't they the decency to use a silencing charm? Good gods he was going to hear them shag.

Draco pulled the covers over his face, trying to will himself to sleep. Sleep did not come.