Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Many Loves Of Ginny by nmffnurse
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Many Loves Of Ginny

nmffnurse

Ginny was supposed to be the girlfriend of the week, so said the gossips that followed the pair. That week stretched into two. Two weeks became four and before the whole school realized it, Ginny was able to accomplish what no one in Hogwarts History had been able to do. Tame Blaise Zabini.

Draco watched Blaise and Ginny , arms entwined, pass him in the corridor. It was enough to make a man throw up. Not a word was spoken between the former friends. Draco lifted his head refusing to look in Zabini's direction. If Zabini was going to gallivant around Hogwarts with a freckle faced twit then he would just have to suffer the consequences of becoming an outcast. Only much to Draco's dismay Zabini became more popular than ever.

"He sort of looks like that muggle actor Colin Farrel." remarked Lavender and Pavati one day in potions class. "Ginny has all the luck!"

Draco almost dropped the vial he was holding as Pansy remarked, "I have to agree."

"You watch that mudblood rubbish Pansy? Don't you know it's bad for your brain. Now your intelligence level is starting to make sense."

"Jealous are you? Stop pouting Draco and grow the hell up."

So now Blaise's attitude was rubbing off on the last person, he expected it to - Pansy. Draco grabbed the vial roughly from Pansy stirring it into the cauldron as he tried to ignore her annoying chatter.

"Ginny looks a little bit like a young Debra Messing. What do you think Draco?

"What do I think!? Fool, what are you talking about? I told you I don't watch….."

"You have a muggle television in your room and if I remember correctly it's a one of the large widescreen variety. I know that one of your favorite programs is Will and Grace, I thought you watched it for Grace but perhaps you watch it for Will….. "

Draco placed his hand in front of Pansy's face, "Shut it, just shut it, you are giving me a headache." Dark magic was good for some things, one was enchanting muggle objects to work at Hogwarts. Damn Pansy for knowing it. Draco Malfoy owner of only the best mudblood toys -hypocrite? Perhaps, but he was the one with all the luxuries in his room and the rest of the peons had absolutely nothing.

Turning a deaf ear to Draco, Pansy continued, "I happen to think that they are a lovely couple." Pansy paused wondering how Draco would take her next announcement, " Relations may be strained right now between you and Blaise, but I happen to still be Blasie's friend. Ginny Weasley and I didn't really get off to a good start with last year's hallway incident. We are off on the right foot now. Blaise introduced me to Gin properly and all."

"You're calling her Gin?!" Draco shook his head, this was too much.

"She's quite interesting and we've hung out a few times……"

Draco's eyes became wide, "What!!"

Pansy rushed through her next words,"We're goingoutonadoubledatewithBlasieandginnythissatrudayinhogsmeade."

"No we are not! Absolutely not!"

***

Silently Draco fumed sitting across from Ginny and Blaise in Madame Puddifoot's tea shoppe. He had exchanged pleasantries with Blaise at the start, mainly about their favorite Quidditch teams.

Pansy seemed pleased that Draco and Blaise seemed to be on the mend. Draco nodded at Blaise as he droned on about some insignificant thing or the other. He pretended to listen but was getting angrier by the second at Ginny's constant voice. She and Pansy were talking about Quidditch as well. From the snippets of conversation he was surprised to hear Pansy wanted to join Slytherin's Quidditch team and that foul Weasley was urging her on.

"I think you'd be an excellent chaser, possibly even a beater. I'm sure Malfoy would give you lessons."

Dragging himself away from Blaise's conversation he interrupted Pansy and Ginny, "Over my dead body!"

Pansy narrowed her eyes at her boyfriend, "You don't have to be so rude!" she said standing up and throwing her napkin at him.

Draco stood up to meet Pansy's angry gaze, "You are the worst flier I have ever laid eyes on Pansy. Joining Quidditch is just a silly dream that will never come true! Deal with it!"

Tears brimmed at Pansy eyes as she ran out of the tea shoppe cursing him under her breath. He knew he should run after her and tell her he was sorry, but that just wouldn't do. Not with all the eyes that were now boring into him.

Turning back to the table a flash of red shot up, "You don't deserve her Malfoy. In fact you don't deserve anyone." She said poking her finger rather hard into his chest. "If you had any decency in your frail little body you would go to her right now and apologize."

Now the Weasley witch was insulting him. He grabbed her hand hard and twisted it until she yelped in pain before shoving her harshly away. "I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth you stupid little whore." Draco immediately regretted the slip of his tongue as he watched Blasie charge forward.

"Didn't I tell you not to talk about my girlfriend!" Once again Draco found himself sprawled across the floor amidst peals of laughter as he cupped his bleeding nose. He watched as Blaise and Ginny strode out of the tea shoppe and gave them his best sneer. The effect didn't work quite as well as he wanted to, due to the fact that his blood was everywhere, on his cloak and dripping steadily onto the floor. One look at the red liquid and Draco immediately became woozy. "I-I think I'm going to faint!" He said to no one in particular as he paled and then hit the floor. Once again Draco passed out.

***

Draco awoke to blinding sunlight in the medical wing. What day was it? Saturday? No, he had spent a disastrous Saturday night getting his face beaten in by his former best friend.

Nurse Pomfrey lifted his aching head and forced a horrid tasting concoction down his throat. "You had a bad concussion young man. I'm afraid you will have to stay here for observation the rest of the day."

Draco pouted. Today was quidditch practice. He needed to prepare for the defeat of Gryffindor. This was his last year. It had to happen. He looked longingly out the window watching the teams practice. A flash of red caught his eyes. Draco crept towards the window. A sickening sight graced his eyes. Ginny was on one broom yelling out Quidditch instructions, on another broom was Pansy and…..POTTER??????????

Pansy was being held by Potter who was sitting rather close to her on the broom. They were laughing and looked to be having a grand time. Never had he felt such hate for Potter. As for Ginny, he knew that little sneak had set this up.

Sometimes Pansy grated his nerves, but didn't all females do that? She was his girlfriend. Draco liked her, he realized that now. Never once had he seen her laugh the way Pansy did when she was with Potter. It made his heart fill with something akin to rage.

He would just have a talk with her. To hell with Madame Pomfrey's instructions. Pansy was his. They were destined to be with each other. That's what father had said. Professer Trelawney had sensed differently, telling him he would end up with a Gryffindor, fiery in spirit. A load of rubbish. That's what her predictions were. Right now his future was on that broom with scarhead. What was that mudblood expression he had learned in muggle studies??? Oh yeah, you don't know what you have until it's gone. Draco felt it intensely as he watched Harry Potter's arms wrap around Pansy's waist even tighter than before. Was Pansy leaning back into Harry's chest? Yes, she was! Storming out of the medical wing he went off to meet his destiny.

Yes this will end up being a D/G.