Unofficial Portkey Archive

What It's Like by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What It's Like

theweirdgirl

"Move, you twit!" Draco commanded.

The little girl's eyes widened in horror as she realized whom she had bumped into before taking off into the opposite direction. Draco smirked at her expression. He continued to glide slowly past each compartment.

"Get out of the way!" a voice ordered from behind him.

He turned around to face his opponent. All he saw was a shocking mop of red hair. It was the girl weasel.

"Are you deaf or just stupid? I said MOVE!" she yelled.

He cocked an eyebrow up at her audaciousness, but showing no other form of emotion beside faint amusement.

"You're not fit to even wipe my shoe, weasel, so don't try to order me around," he drawled.

"Eat me," she snarled before pushing past him and down a few doors before opening a compartment door.

She slammed it closed and plopped down next to her friends Colin Creevey and Luna Lovegood. They watched as she fumed. Colin was deathly afraid of this girl when she was angry. Luna was just watching her, not really seeing anything terrifying. Ginny's face was bright red and her hair was hazardous, even more so than her facial features.

"You okay, Gin?" he questioned cautiously.

"Just peachy," she replied with an attitude.

"Okay," he squeaked.

"Did you know that there were Rhinehorns in Kalawamaga?" Luna asked dreamily.

Ginny cocked an eyebrow disbelievingly at her friend. Even though she was in a foul mood, Luna always knew what to say, although Ginny never understood it. Luna made her feel as if nothing was real and everything was just some sort of demented abstract art. She made her laugh even when Luna was trying to explain something serious to her that Ginny felt was hilarious. Luna was just great to have around.

"Aren't Rhinehorns a myth?" Colin questioned.

"Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they're not there. My father has seen a few of them," she said haughtily.

"I'm sure," Colin answered dryly.

"Guys! Can you believe that there's only two more years left of Hogwarts?" Ginny interrupted.

"Yeah. Only one more years of ferret-boy, too," Colin grinned.

"Ferrets are known to have magical powers like blinding someone and throwing grenades," Luna sighed airily.

Before Colin could make some witty remark, Ginny stepped on his foot to keep him from saying anything. Out of nowhere, Hermione's bushy head popped into their compartment.

"Get dressed, you guys. We're almost there," she smiled.

She closed the door behind her. Ginny casted a temporary blinding spell at Colin like she did every year, which gave she and Luna time to get dressed into their robes. Once they were finished, Ginny lifted the spell and let him get dressed privately. The train suddenly came screeching to an abrupt halt. Ginny bounded out of her compartment just to crash into someone.

"I'm-" she began.

The apology died on her lips once she saw the person she had run into. He was tall with unruly raven black hair and amethyst colored eyes that had a bit of blue around the pupil. This man was handsome. He looked like a description of someone from those romance novels she had been reading to pass time at home when everyone was out.

"Sorry," she squeaked.

"It's quite all right. It's not very normal of me to bump into someone as stunning as you," he smirked.

A crimson tide flushed into Ginny's pale face.

"I'm Zabini. Blaise Zabini. I presume you are the youngest of the Weasley clan, am I right?" he guessed.

"Yes," she said.

"I hope to see you around," he grinned roguishly.

She just nodded her head in confirmation, not trusting her voice to do anything but squeak while he walked away. When Luna sighed, she was brought out of her reverie.

"Can you move now?" Colin chuckled.

She blushed again and walked out to let her friends pass and stand beside her.

"You do know he's in Slytherin, right? He's in his 7th year, too," Colin informed her.

Ginny heard `Slytherin' and `7th year', but she didn't care. The boy looked absolutely smashing.

(A/N: I know that it's short, but I can't think right now. I'll update soon, though. I hope.)