Unofficial Portkey Archive

What It's Like by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What It's Like

theweirdgirl

They were eventually seated in the Great Hall, waiting for the fickle first years to be sorted. A small prickle of anticipation coursed through her veins as she lingered upon the thought of Blaise Zabini. Suddenly, chills went up her spine, as if she were being watched. She lifted her head and saw that she was. It was Draco Malfoy. His eyes were filled with cold amusement and his thin red lips were curled in their usual sneering contempt. She smirked haughtily at him and flipped her hair enticingly. His pale eyes widened with shock. She chuckled softly to herself, pleased at the Slytherin's reaction.

"Gin. Are you flirting with Malfoy?" Colin frowned.

As usual, he was the casual observer, seeing things no one else did. Damn it all to hell. She faced him, even though her cheeks were flushed red for being caught red handed.

"No," she lied unconvincingly.

He made a dismissive grunt and grinned at her.

"I wouldn't mind getting a piece of him if he weren't so straight," he preened.

Ginny snorted at the thought. It was preposterous to ever think that Draco was gay. Then again, it was pretty hard to know now a days. Colin probably attracted more guys than she would in this lifetime and the next. It just wasn't fair.

"Blaise isn't looking too bad himself, either," Colin commented.

It was a commonly known fact that Blaise went both ways and everyone knew it. Well, everyone except Ginny. She wasn't very updated with the new gossip and such. Colin, on the other hand…

"Gorgeous… Merlin, you're so lucky to have slammed right into him. It's a shame that it wasn't me," he joked.

"He has a nice body from what I did feel. Very toned," she noted devilishly.

"Lucky you," he sighed dramatically.

They giggled as Dumbledore began his welcoming speech and Professor McGonagall sorted the students into their respected houses. There were 12 Gryffindors, 14 Slytherins, 11 Ravenclaws and 16 Hufflepuffs.

"Also, one more announcement. We have a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher this year. Let's welcome Professor Graves," Dumbledore smiled with that ever-present twinkling in the abyss of his blue eyes.

Professor Graves had ruffled blue hair and sparkling hazel eyes. His features were defined. His nose was aristocratic and a bit big. His lips were full, but not too ostentatious. His skin was a bit wan, but it went well with him. His ears had a copious amount of piercings. He had that rough around the edges bad boy who brings his mum flowers look going. Instead of wearing a billowing black robe like everyone else, save Filch and his cat, he wore a black leather jacket, probably made out of dragon hide and a pair of black jeans. The girls were swooning and so were a few guys, but Ginny didn't notice. She just spared him a quick glance and went back to talking with Colin, who also didn't seem to notice. Murmurs of appreciation spread like forest fire. Steven Graves, however, had his gaze on the introverted redhead ever since she stepped into the room. She just had that aura around her. From his vantage point, she could probably be a fiery vixen, just waiting for the right person to unleash her desires. Unfortunately, she was also talking with the blonde boy next to her. Truthfully, Steven Graves was only about a year of two older than Ginny. He had just recently graduated Beauxbatons in France.

"So, Gin. Who will be my next conquest for the year? The boys you chose in the past years were too easy. Give me a challenge," Colin grinned saucily.

Each year, Ginny would choose one or two guys, depending on Colin's seducing abilities, for Colin to tempt. He never stayed with any of them for long, though. Colin also chose guys for Ginny, but she never seemed to capture them.

"I think you should try Blaise this year," she said thoughtfully.

He nodded in acquiescence. This would be an eventful year…

(A/N: I know it's short, but there are a few problems at home and stuff so yeah. Bear with me. Read and review!)