Unofficial Portkey Archive

Welcome to Muggle Camp by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Welcome to Muggle Camp

Harrys Mistress

When Hermione's parents pulled into the gas station, Harry peered out the window to see a big SUV at the gas pump and a very familiar woman scratching her head as she stared at all the buttons. "Hey, isn't that Tonks?" Harry asked.

Hermione leaned over Harry slightly and looked, then her eyes widened. "Oh, Merlin, Harry quick, get out! We have to stop her before she accidentally blows up the car or something!"

Harry flew open the door and they ran out of the car towards Tonks. "Tonks!" Hermione yelled. "Wait, we'll help you!"

Tonks, who was about to push a button, looked up to see Harry and Hermione running towards her. "Oh thank goodness," she sighed with relief. "I didn't have the faintest idea what I was doing. How come there are three different kinds of gas, I mean I was going to use diesel, it sounded the best."

"No, don't use that," Hermione said with a shake of her head. "Diesel will ruin the engine, use unleaded."

"Oh," she said and then pushed the unleaded button. "Okay, nothing happened."

"Did select method of payment?" Harry asked as he tried not to smile.

"Oh…right, I have some Muggle money and…"

"Why don't I pump the car, Tonks," Hermione said warily as she took the pump. "My dad makes me fill up the car all the time."

"Oh, okay I guess that be best," she said and then left Hermione and Harry to it.

"Man, that was close," Hermoine sighed as she started to pump the gas correctly.

The back window of the car opened and a head full of red hair popped out. "Hey guys!" Ron said with a grin. "We'd come out and greet ya, but we're a little jam packed in here."

"Hey," Harry grinned as he peered into the car to see everyone squeezed into the back. "Good to see everyone."

"Are we almost done?" Draco replied from the very back. "I don't understand how Muggles can ride in this contraption for so long."

Ginny elbowed him in the gut. "Oh stop being such a snob."

Draco winced as he rubbed his belly. "Witch," he muttered.

Just then the back of the car flew open and Tonks and Lupin helped Hermione's parents load up all the stuff.

"Man, that's a lot of stuff!" Ron replied. "Do we really need all of it?"

"Of course we do, Ron," Luna told her boyfriend. "We're muggle camping, remember?"

"The gas is done," Hermione said as she set the pump back in the stand. "Just needs to be paid for inside."

Hermione's parents went to pay for the gas inside, with Tonks muggle money since they knew how to count it and soon, after a quick good bye from her parents, they were off in the car. Harry and Hermione squeezed in the backseat next to Ron and Luna, while Ginny and Draco sat behind them and Lupin and Tonks were in the front.

On the way there, the kids were nonstop talking about what they were going to do for a whole weekend to themselves. In the front Tonks and Lupin exchanged smiles at the teenager's excitement. "Makes me want to be a teenager again," Lupin said to her with a grin.

She chuckled softly. "I know what you mean. A part of me wishes we could hang out with them."

He let out a laugh. "Are you kidding? The fact that no grown ups are going to be around is what they are most excited about." Lupin looked in the rear view mirror to make sure the kids were involved in themselves before slyly reaching over and caressing her thigh.

Tonks jumped slightly in her seat and blushed. "Lupin," she whispered. "The kids…"

"They can't see my hand," he assured her as he moved his hand further up.

Tonks bit her lip. "Do you want me to have a wreck?" she asked as chills ran through her body. "Hands off, buddy."

He chuckled and gave her leg a friendly squeeze before finally letting go. "To be continued." No one knew about their secret affair, since it only just happened at the beginning of the summer. They decided it would be best to keep it under wraps until the war with Voldemort was past them.

An hour later, they finally made it to the campsite and all six of them piled out from the backseat. Hermione smiled at their small little campsite and took in the crisp air. "This is perfect," she said as she admired the view. The campsite was a small opening of a semi circle and was surrounded by tall powerful trees. Plus they had a beautiful view of the lake, which glistened like diamonds from the sun.

The guys and Lupin worked together on the tents, while Tonks helped the girls unload the rest of the car, plus went out and grabbed firewood for the fire. "Make sure you tie the food up at night," Tonks told the girls as she and Hermione carried one of the coolers over by the fire. "So bears won't get into them."

"Don't worry, I brought some rope for that," Hermione assured her. "I've been camping with my parents a couple of times."

She nodded in approval. "All right then. How are the tents coming?"

Lupin stuck his head out of one of them. "All done…they look great, huh?"

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, you men did a very good job," she said dryly. "Congratulations."

All boys grinned and stuck out their chest proudly, while the girls just rolled their eyes and snickered. "Boys," Ginny muttered under her breath.

"Well, we best be off," Tonks said with a smile. "You kinds have so much fun and we'll see you Sunday morning."

"You guys behave, don't do anything I wouldn't do," he said to the guys and gave them a wink.

"That doesn't leave them much to do," Tonks muttered to him under her breath as they walked back to the car.

"Yeah and you love it," he told her with a devilish grin.

"Just get in the car loverboy," she said with a roll of her eyes, but at the same time he was right. She did love it.

The six of them all stood and waved them off as they watched them drive away. "So," Ron said as soon as they were by themselves. "What should we do first?"

"I don't know about you guys," Harry said with a grin. "But I want to dive head first into that lake."

"Brilliant!" Ron exclaimed as he rubbed his hands together. "Let's go change and meet back out here."

Harry and Hermione stood back to watch the two couples go into their assigned tents and then they both shared a nervous glance. "Er…you can go change first," Harry said as he tried not to blush. "I'll wait out here."

"Okay," she said with a soft smile. "Thanks."

While he was waiting, Ron and Draco flew out of their tents both dressed in swim trunks. Draco had green and silver to represent his house colors and Ron had maroon of course, another present from his mum. "Harry, you're not dressed yet," Draco said.

"Thanks captain obvious," Harry muttered. "I'm waiting for Hermione to change. Unlike the two of you, I'm not allowed to see my sleeping partner naked."

Draco and Ron snickered. "Yeah, too bad, eh?" Ron said with a grin.

"Ron, it's Hermione," he reminded him as if that meant something.

"So," he said with a shrug. "Look, I adore Luna, but I'm also still a male and appreciate the female form. Hermione went and got hot on us."

Draco sighed. "I'm going to have to side with Weasel on this one, Potter, as hard as that is to say. As much as I love Ginny, I can't help but notice the changes in Hermy. You have to have noticed, Potter, or are you that clueless?"

"I've noticed," Harry argued. "Of course I've noticed but it doesn't change the fact that she's still my best…"

"Tents free, Harry."

Harry turned to see Hermione emerging from the tent wearing a baby blue string bikini that covered very little to the imagination. "Friend," he finished lamely as he tried not to drool.

"Good luck, Potter," Draco said as he slapped him on the back while Ron snickered.

"Thanks," he said mindlessly as he barely heard them. All he could see or think was Hermione standing in a bikini three feet in front of him. "Hermione…wow…I, uh…"

"What?" she asked as she looked down at herself. "Is something wrong? I don't have anything peeking out do I?"

Oh Merlin, unfortunately not. He cleared his throat. "No…no, it's just…I've never seen you in a swimsuit before."

She winced. "Yeah, I know. I'm sure I look horrible. I'm so pasty, I hope I get some sun this weekend."

"You don't look horrible," he blurted out and then blushed. "You look…"

"Yes?" she said with a laugh when he trailed off.

"Er…pretty. You look really pretty, excuse me I'm going to go change now," he tumbled his words out and quickly disappeared into the tent. He took three calming breaths. "Okay, Harry…just calm down. Beautiful girl in a bikini, it could happen to any teenage boy, even if you knew the girl since you were eleven and never had these thoughts about her run in your mind like that." He took another breath. "It's still no big deal."

With a quick nod of confirmation he started change into his trunks to join the others.