Unofficial Portkey Archive

Into a Darkened Room by Demosthenes
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Into a Darkened Room

Demosthenes

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

A/N - My deepest apologies for the formatting error - it looks fine in Safari and it's total crap in I.E. - flippin' Microsoft! Anyway, this should fix it, apologies again.

-

A/N - No - it's not deja vu all over again - only the first few lines are the same...

*************

Nascence

After Harry and Hermione spent another hour talking about anything and everything to burn the images of their two friends from their minds, the subject slowly came back around to their rings.

"I wonder why you couldn't get it to work on me," Harry asked her.

"I don't know. I was wondering that myself. Maybe you've spent so much time learning how to block things like that, that maybe you just do it unconsciously all the time now."

"Hmm, hadn't thought of that." They continued to walk back towards the hotel.

"What if I concentrate on lowering my defenses? Then maybe it would work then?"

"Would you mind?"

"No, not at all. I mean, I'm the one who intruded on you initially. It's only fair you get the chance to do the same."

"And at least I know you're not in a compromising position with Luna."

"Ewwww," they said in unison again.

"Alright Harry, let's give it a go then." They stopped walking and Hermione dropped her bags then pulled out her wand. She spoke the incantation, then put her wand away and concentrated.

Harry stared at her, then lightly grabbed both her hands and concentrated as well.

Hermione knit her brow in serious concentration. Earlier when she had tried this with Harry, she thought she had felt a glimmer of something - a slight shift in her perspective perhaps. But the sensations, the emotions, hadn't changed at all. She was still a bit upset that he hadn't told her about this hidden quality of the rings earlier, but her initial anger had already disappeared. Now it was back to the constant quickening of her pulse and fluttering of her stomach whenever she was this close to him. Her palms were cold and slick from perspiration, and when Harry had taken her hands into his, it made her heart hammer inside her chest.

Then she felt that almost imperceptible shift again, as if something were different, but when she noted her physiological reactions, they were just the same - nervous... contented... excited...

"Harry, I don't think it's working."

Harry opened his eyes and looked at her, her brows still knit.

And Hermione saw herself from Harry's perspective. She saw herself with her brow furrowed in effort and her eyes closed in deep concentration. The perspective was slightly higher, accounting for his height, and when she realized that she was literally seeing through his eyes, she did a cursory check of her physical state.

Her heart was hammering, as was his.

Her hands were slightly clammy, as were his.

And the fluttering of her stomach, that lurch of excitement it gave whenever she was this close to him, she could feel it. But it wasn't just her, it was him as well.

He was feeling what she was...

'Oh Merlin is that possible!?' She was afraid to hope as much. It was wishful thinking. It had to be! Didn't it?

'He's feeling what I'm feeling! I'm certain of it! If I can see myself through his eyes, I... I must be tied into him just like he said I would be!' She was trying to analyze everything as quickly as possible, both excited and afraid that she was right.

'This is what it felt like to be tethered into Ron! I could feel everything he did, but I could distinguish it because it was so disparate from my feelings. No wonder I didn't know it was working before,' she rationalized.

'Oh Merlin, Harry - are you really this excited to be holding my hands?' And that thought made her positively giddy.

"Really?" Harry asked, snapping her out of the connection.

She gasped, then opened her eyes and looked at him. She felt as if she'd been caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Her eyes were wide in astonishment.

'It's actually possible,' she thought. 'Everything I've ever hoped for Harry, everything I want to share with you... it's... it's actually possible!' She still couldn't believe it.

"You alright?"

"I'm... I'm fine."

'I'm more than fine... I'm bloody spectacular.'

"So it didn't work then?"

'Yes Harry, it did work! And I love you! I've always loved you for as long as I can remember!'

She could suddenly feel the weight of the brass key in her pocket, and it made her pause.

'No... not quite yet. Just because he's a bit excited doesn't mean he's ready to declare his undying love. I have to be certain this time, and I can't just risk driving a wedge between us again, not now! I'll just have to be a bit more subtle, to give him a chance to realize what's going on. Just a bit more... I can stand it now that I know there's actually hope!'

"Um.. no. No I guess not," she said, almost a bit too quickly. "I guess we can try again later." She smiled, then quickly changed the subject.

***

It was already well past 2am by the time they found their way back to the hotel. As much as Hermione would have loved to stay out later, they had both agreed to try and get as much rest as possible for the wedding the next day.

Hermione was thankful that he hadn't pressed her about what she'd said that night in the forest. Ginny had warned her that he meant to try, and she had been bracing herself all evening. But either he forgot or was willing to let it go, because, excepting that one attempt at their late breakfast, he hadn't mentioned it again.

He smiled, then unlocked the doors to the suite, only to find Ron and Luna snogging on the sofa, oblivious to their entrance.

Harry and Hermione exchanged pained grimaces, then decided it best not to disturb them.

"Goodnight then Harry. Thank you for this evening," she whispered.

"Thank you Hermione. I'm glad I could make it up to you," he whispered back.

'Alright then, let's see how subtle I can be.'

Hermione leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. But rather than pull back, she lingered there, her cheek softly touching his. She took a breath, then released it slowly over his ear before speaking.

"Sweet dreams Harry." Then she slowly pulled back and looked at him, her eyes dark. She tried her best to read his reaction, which seemed somewhere between stunned and excited. Then she turned around and walked to her room.

'Definitely a good sign.'

"Sw-sweet dreams Hermione," he stammered back.

She literally felt him watching her as she went to the room. She turned and looked at him, then smiled while slowly shutting the doors.

'Oh yes, absolutely a good sign!'

She turned and leaned against the door, a contented sigh escaping from her.

She was tempted, oh so tempted to use her ring now. She wanted to know what he was feeling - exactly what he was feeling. But that wouldn't be right. It wouldn't be fair to either one of them. If there was to be any relationship between them of a romantic nature, then she preferred that it happen without needing to delve into his mind every time she needed assurance of her next move.

No - best to let nature take it's course.

Besides, she had already declared her undying love to him once, and, admittedly through no fault of their own, it had only led to two months of misery.

'No, let him do it this time. If we're meant to be together, then it will happen. I'm certain of that now. And even though he can be as obtuse as Ron sometimes, I know Harry got the full meaning of my interest just now. It was written all over his adorable face!'

She performed a quick twirl in her excitement like any other happy young girl in love, then threw herself down on the bed. She let out another contented sigh, then grabbed a pillow, the same one Harry had used earlier, and squeezed it tightly to herself.

'I'm in love with Harry Potter!'

Then she broke out into a huge grin and got ready for bed.

She put her clothes away, changed into the Quidditch shirt that Harry had left behind (the mere presence of it causing her to positively glow with excitement) then buried herself into the mass of pillows and blankets - the grin never leaving her face.

As she drifted off to sleep, all her thoughts were of Harry - all the possibilities for the future, all her dreams come true. How she had been able to deny herself so long, to keep being his friend and nothing else these last few years, astounded her. But that was in the past... all in the past...

Her thoughts drifted back to that awful, awful night she had found him. When every possible future seemed to end in a single moment.

And as she shifted in her bed, the memories of that night playing out in stunning detail and accuracy, the emerald of her ring flared to life.

Neither one of them would ever be aware of what happened, but as Hermione remembered, so did Harry.

***

"Harry, wake up!"

"...err..."

"I said WAKE UP!"

"...mmm..."

"HARRY!"

"...'mione...?"

"What was that?"

"....hermione...?"

"Her this time?"

Harry squinted and saw the blurred shape of Ron sitting above him.

"You alright then Harry?"

"Wha... why?" He was having the most difficult time trying to wake up.

"You were moaning and kicking about. I was coming to wake you anyway, but I thought you might be having another one of those dreams."

'Those' dreams had been various nightmarish replays of the final battle, always with differing endings that usually involved either himself or a variety of his closest friends dying in front of him. Ron had spent a good number of nights shaking Harry awake from those dreams throughout the last two months.

Harry slowly worked his way up into a sitting position, then rubbed his face vigorously.

It had started as one of those dreams. He was in the forest again, only this time, he destroyed Voldemort. His first thoughts were that he was simply recalling the events of that evening. Usually the next thing he would remember would be venting his rage into the remains of his enemy. But that's not what happened this time.

He tried to move, but couldn't. He was standing in the clearing, frozen in shock after finally defeating Voldemort. Absolute exhaustion, coupled with the realization that the prophecy and his entire purpose in life had been fulfilled, left him utterly hollow.

He stood there, completely devoid of everything. There was nothing left to do, nothing left to live for. He'd completed his ultimate task in life. He was finished.

He was content to stay in this numbing void, protected from the rest of the world and all it's pain.

He was only vaguely aware of the loud popping sound of someone apparating nearby. Then he saw her, a girl he thought he should know. He watched in disinterest as she stepped towards the smoldering remains, and he thought she said something, but he wasn't paying attention. She merely happened to be in his field of vision.

Then she backed from the fallen enemy towards him, saying something again. She turned around, her face glowing in the moonlight, and Harry felt a flicker of something - recognition? Emotion? She was shouting, and then she threw her arms around him and he felt her warmth.

'Hermione.' The name came floating to the surface.

Then she was looking at him closely, her expression rapidly changing from happiness to uncertainty to fear to panic. She began to shout at him.

He wanted to stay buried in this numbing cocoon. Why wouldn't she let him alone?

Then he saw her tears.

'Don't cry.'

She was pleading with him, and he couldn't bear to see her so upset.

'Please don't cry Hermione.'

And the pain of more emotions began to shake him loose and suddenly he could hear what she was saying. He wanted to reach out to her, to let her know that he was alright, but he couldn't - his body simply wouldn't respond.

"Harry, I've meant to tell you. So many times I wanted to tell you. I'm in love with you Harry!"

'Love?'

What was that? Certainly it was something he should know - something he should remember.

"I have been for ages - so YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME NOW!!!"

But he wanted to leave, so badly. He'd been through too much, and he had nothing left to give.

"Please Harry."

Her voice was soft, filled with sadness and desperation. It hurt him to think of her like that.

"I love you."

'No one loves me. I've not known love. I have no memory of love.'

She kissed him, and memories of her stirred. He could see her seated in a chair, her nose buried in a book. She was laughing at something he'd said. She was scowling at him for not doing his homework.

"I love you." And she kissed him again.

She was beautiful in her dress robes. She was beautiful with her beaming smile and pale face and frizzed hair. She was beautiful.

"Please...," and he felt her hands tenderly hold his face while she gave him one last, soft kiss.

"I love you Harry." Then she was holding him tightly, her body shaking as she cried.

And at that moment he thought of the future. A future without fear. A future with love. A future with friends and work and Quidditch and...

He could hear her tormented cries.

A future with Hermione.

Her friendship. Her laughter. Her smile. Her eyes.

Tears slipped down his face and he suddenly knew.

'I love you Hermione.'

And with that realization a floodgate of emotions were released. Everything he'd kept bottled up his entire life - all his pain and agony - came bursting from within.

He released an anguished cry. Then he tried to kill Voldemort again and again. And when he was done... when he was done he crumpled to the ground, his fury spent, and cried.

He cried for everything he'd lost, everyone taken from him. He cried for the life and family that was stolen away and he cried for the life he'd been forced to live.

He was alone and he cried for his mother's arms in the dark, knowing that she would never come again.

He was alone - all alone.

And then Hermione was there, and he remembered love.

"Hermione."

"Was it bad this time?"

"What?" Harry looked up at Ron, forgetting that he'd been there.

"The dream. Was it really bad this time?"

It took Harry a moment to realize what Ron meant, then he stared at him. Everything else seemed so inconsequential with what he'd just remembered.

"Ron, I'm in love with Hermione."

"What?!"

"I'm in love with Hermione."

Ron had a look of puzzled surprise on his face.

"Harry, you were dreaming."

"No, I wasn't. I was remembering."

"You remembered you're in love with Hermione?" He sounded skeptical.

"What? Yes! I mean, not exactly."

"I don't follow you."

Harry grabbed his glasses from the night stand, put them on and stared intently at Ron.

"Hermione's the reason I came back," he explained.

"Came back from where?"

"When I defeated Voldemort that night," Ron gave an involuntary wince, "it... it took everything I had. Everything we had."

"I remember."

"When Hermione found me... I don't know how to explain it Ron, but I was gone."

"Gone?"

"I mean that I'd... I'd fulfilled everything I was supposed to. I was done."

His voice softened as he said this.

"There was nothing left for me to do Ron. I was content to be finished. And then Hermione found me."

"She said you were catatonic when she found you." Ron realized what Harry had meant about being done, and a chill went down his spine.

"It was more than that I think. I couldn't feel anything - but worse, I didn't want to feel anything. I wanted to be done and I didn't want to feel anything ever again."

Ron's eyes widened.

"When she found me, she... she brought me back Ron. She told me she loved me. She said she was in love with me."

"She did!?"

"Yeah... yeah she did. I can hardly believe it myself."

There was a moment of reverent silence, then Ron snapped his head up.

"Wait, you're just remembering this now?!"

Harry nodded his head.

"Bloody hell Harry! It's been two months since that happened! Does she know you didn't remember her saying it?"

Harry shook his head.

"So she thinks you've not said a word about it because you're some kind of monumental git!?"

Harry hadn't realized that part until Ron mentioned it. He groaned and smacked his face with both hands.

"Oh MERLIN! No wonder she was so hurt!"

"Hurt? Harry, you're lucky she didn't turn you into a toilet brush!"

All those feelings he'd gleaned from her in the club - the feelings of hurt and loss and total devastation. He had thought it was an amplification of her emotions brought on by the alcohol. But now, now he realized the true nature of it. Suddenly everything from the last two days, all the conversations and reactions, from both her, and Ginny - it was obvious she'd told Ginny - it all made sense now.

Ron was right - he was rather fortunate not be a toilet brush at the moment.

So that's why she wanted to know what he remembered. That's what she'd said to him and that's why she didn't want to tell him. It was no wonder she didn't want to repeat it, considering what had happened. He could understand her obvious reluctance.

He jumped out of bed.

"Where is she Ron? I have to tell her! I have to tell her everything!"

"Calm down mate. She and Ginny and Luna are with Mum right now, having their hair done and getting ready. That's why I came to wake you. We only have two hours before the wedding."

"But I have to tell her I love her - that I'm in love with her too! I have to tell her about what's happened."

"Well don't bloody well do it right now , Harry! You've got to get ready and then there's the wedding."

"What do you mean not right now!? I've waited far too long as it is!"

"I understand that, believe me I do. But Harry, trust me when I say, you should really have a bit of finesse with this."

"Finesse?" Harry was torn between listening to what Ron had to say and hunting down Hermione. "What are you on about?"

"Look Harry, just take a moment here. I understand what you're going through, well, mostly anyway. I know that when I realized I was in love with Luna... it was the most amazing thing ever, and I couldn't wait to tell her. But I've learned quite a bit over the last year with Luna, and if there's one thing I've learned above all else, it's that girls tend to appreciate some romance. Bursting into my parents suite in your bedclothes while Hermione's in rollers is probably not the most romantic thing you could do."

"But..."

"No Harry. If you're going to run off declaring undying love and all that lot, then you should at least try and make it somewhat memorable, and not in an awkward way."

Harry was bursting with impatience.

"Look, just consider this. We're in Paris, the romance capital of the world. We're at a wedding, the most romantic event of all. You have the absolute perfect setting for everything. It's a very important, not to mention nerve wracking thing to tell someone you love them for the first time. It's probably only second to proposing. So, all I'm saying is you should put a little thought into it."

Harry's jaw was on the floor.

"What?" Ron had a hint of defensiveness in his voice.

"How... I mean... when... when did you learn all of this?" Harry was shocked.

"Honestly Harry, don't think that Hermione's comment about me having 'the emotional range of a teaspoon,' was lost on me. I've grown a lot in the time I've been with Luna. I've learned how not to put my foot in my mouth and I've also learned about what does and doesn't go a long way with girls. And trust me when I say, romantic gestures, they tend to go a long, loooong way." A lascivious smile crossed Ron's face, but it quickly disappeared when he spoke about Hermione again.

"Harry, Hermione will appreciate it if she sees you put some thought and effort into this. If you need to tell her this instant, believe me when I say that I understand. Sometimes I get those impulses with Luna, she'll say or do something that just makes me feel like I want to cry because I'm so happy with her," Ron blushed as he said this, and Harry was nice enough to pretend he hadn't noticed. "So yes, I do understand. But she's going to remember Harry, for as long as she lives she's going to remember the first time you told her that you love her. And I happen to care very much for Hermione, so I think it should be special."

Harry let this all sink in, and he was amazed with Ron's advice and insight.

"Wow... you... you're absolutely right Ron."

"Well I know that!" Ron gave a cheeky smile and stood up. "So, just make the most of it."

"Thanks."

"Anytime mate."

Ron patted his shoulder, then headed for the shower.

***

Hermione, Luna and Ginny hurried back to their suite, all dressed in hotel bathrobes with their hair and makeup completed. They entered the lift to travel back down to the twelfth floor from the Weasley's master suite.

"I meant to tell you earlier, thank you Luna."

"Whatever for?"

"For sending Harry to speak with me the other night."

"Yeah, thanks Luna. Otherwise I might have spent all night in that body bind." Ginny shot a mock glare at Hermione.

"Well, once I saw Horatia with Harry on the cover of the Prophet, I knew I had to leave Daddy and get here as soon as possible."

"Really?" Hermione asked.

"Please Hermione, it's obvious to all of us, well, all of us girls anyway, that you have feelings for Harry."

"Don't forget the twins, I think they know too." Ginny agreed.

"And I think Ronald might suspect, even though he can be dim sometimes when it comes to these things."

"And Mum's known for ages."

"Possibly Neville."

"Headmaster Dumbledore."

"Professor McGonagall."

"Hagrid of course."

"Sir Nicholas."

"The giant squid in the lake."

"STOP IT YOU TWO!" Hermione was only slightly annoyed at their perceptions, and even mildly amused as the two girls gave her teasing smiles.

"The point is, I just wanted to thank you Luna, for whatever it is you said to Harry and whatever it is you did to get him to talk to me. It's been a tremendous help."

"So, things have worked out then?"

"They're well on their way." A chesire-like grin lit her features.

"Yeah - did you know that Hermione told him that she loves him?"

"Really?" Luna's already large eyes grew wider.

"Yep, only Harry didn't remember. It was the night of the defeat and Hermione found him all out of sorts and let loose on him."

"So have you reminded him yet?"

"No... no I haven't."

Both girls stared at her in amazement and Hermione flushed.

"It's just that things have been going so well. I didn't want to bollox them up right now."

Luna quirked up an eyebrow.

"Honestly! I know what I'm doing." Hermione was defensive. "Plus, I have it on fairly good authority that Harry's beginning to feel the same way."

"Beginning?" Ginny drawled.

"Apparently Ronald isn't the only dim one," Luna remarked.

"Hey!"

"No offense Hermione, but as obvious as your affections have been, so have Harry's."

"Yeah, for quite a long while now." Ginny agreed.

"R-really?"

"He may not have realized it, but I'm fairly certain he's thought of you as more than simply a friend for quite some time." Luna explained.

"Ages now, actually." Ginny agreed.

"You'll just have to learn, as I did with Ronald, with men, it simply takes some time in these matters."

"And it is Harry after all. In addition to the usual dimness that guys seem to be born with, he also had that whole 'Boy Who Lived and Will Probably Die This Time 'Round' thing hanging over him. So, given that, I think we should make certain allowances for his actions."

"But only up to a point. It's time for you two to move forward from 'friendship' towards the next thing."

"Yeah, because if you don't, the absolute tension of it is going to drive me nutters!"

Hermione stood in silence as both girls looked at her. The doors to the lift opened and they walked down the hallway.

"Um... thanks. The both of you."

"Hermione - I think we all feel that you two belong together." Luna offered.

"Absolutely, so get on with it already." And Ginny flashed her a warm and encouraging smile.

They entered the suite and Hermione went to her room to change. She grabbed her pink dress robes from the closet, a floor length A-line gown with a matching sheer cloak, and began to get dressed.

'Well, at least everyone else thinks we should be together,' she thought. 'It's good to know I'm not the only one.'

She smiled as she remembered the feelings and emotions she'd gleaned from Harry last night and the way he had looked at her when she said goodnight.

'No... I'm definitely not the only one.' She smiled, then exited to the living area to wait for everyone else.

***

Harry had finished dressing in his room and was now having a difficult time fastening his cloak with the formal ornamental brooch. He tucked his wand into his deep green and black dress robes, then decided to use the large mirror in the outer room to see what he was doing wrong.

He opened the doors to his room, and before he could turn to close them, he saw her standing there.

She was facing the window, the sunlight streaming in and lighting her sheer cloak like a pink gossamer aura surrounding the darker pink silhouette of her dress. Her hair had been pulled up, but fell in soft large curls down her back. Then she must have heard his breath catch, because she turned around suddenly, then broke into a small but beautiful smile as she realized it was him.

"Hi," she said, her voice soft and almost shy.

"Hi," he replied, his voice almost as soft. He felt a blush creep over his face as he noted how stunning she looked. The sun now lit a golden halo around the edges of her hair and Harry was briefly reminded of some fairy tale princess he'd once read about.

"You... you look very handsome in your formal wear," she said, that same hint of shyness in her voice.

"You're beautiful," he blurted, then noted the pink touch her cheeks.

"Thank you Harry," she gave him that smile again, and Harry noted the soft and shiny pink gloss on her lips.

He walked slowly towards her, his heart threatening to leap out of his chest the nearer he got.

"Would... would you mind?" He held out the upper corner of his cloak in one hand and the brooch in the other.

"Oh, not at all." She smiled again.

'No,' Harry noted, 'she's not stopped smiling, as I'm sure I haven't.' And the thought caused him to grin even wider.

"What's made you so happy then?" She grasped both ends of the cloak around his neck, standing mere inches from him as she concentrated on fastening the pin.

"You," he said, without thinking. He was trying his best to heed Ron's advice, he really was, but she was so beautiful and so very, very close.

She fumbled with the pin, then slowly looked up at him.

"M-me?" Her eyes were wide and she stammered in a whisper.

Harry could only nod. He was torn between waiting for the perfect moment...

'This is it! This is good enough! Just tell her already!!!'

...and taking her up in his arms and kissing her madly.

'DO IT ALREADY!'

He could feel himself drawing near her, his eyes slowly beginning to close, and in return she was pressing towards him, her head tilting up slightly...

"HERMIONE! I CAN'T FIND MY SHOES!!" Ginny screamed from her room.

She blinked rapidly, as if she had suddenly snapped out of a daze, and Harry drew back, startled at the interruption. She gave a nervous smile, then turned around.

"I'll be right there Gin!"

"How many times do I have to tell you..."

"DON'T CALL YOU GIN!" Harry and Hermione shouted in unison, then laughed, the nervous tension broken.

Hermione turned back towards him, focusing intently on clasping his cloak and brooch. She managed to pin it properly, then smoothed his cloak down, her hands slowing and lingering as she did so. Then she gave a small and nervous laugh, looked at him quickly, then went to help Ginny.

Harry sighed and leaned against the window.

'Not quite the perfect moment then, but close.'

He noticed his ears were hot from blushing so intensely with the thought of what almost happened. He walked towards the sinks and saw that his face nearly rivaled Weasley red, so he gingerly splashed on some cold water, careful not to drench his robes.

"You alright mate?" Ron had come up behind him and reached for a brush to smooth down his hair.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine. Almost jumped the gun there."

Ron blinked, then caught his meaning.

"So much for waiting for the perfect moment," he mocked.

Harry told him about what had almost happened, and Ron couldn't help but sympathize.

"Almost the perfect moment anyway, had it not been for Ginny."

"Maybe you should wait until you have a bit more privacy Harry. The last thing you want is to get interrupted again."

"Tell me about it." Harry rolled his eyes.

Ron fixed his deep blue velvet robes in the mirror, then grabbed his wand.

"Well, until that moment comes along, just remember all the other little things you could be doing to help it along." Ron grinned, then picked up one of Ginny's discarded blooms from the table. He transfigured it into a large deep orange begonia, then tapped on Luna's door.

"You ready luv?"

"Just about Ronald."

She opened the doors and stood there in deep orange sparkling robes and wearing a smile she reserved especially for Ron.

"You look gorgeous luv," he gave her a chaste kiss, careful not to smudge her makeup, then offered her the bloom.

"Oh thank you." She took it both hands, then offered it back to him as she looked up. "Would you mind?"

"Not at all."

He carefully fixed it into her hair and Harry suddenly remembered one of the many wedding customs he had read about. All witches in attendance were expected to wear flowers of some kind. Something to do with a new beginning or fertility or some other wedding thing like that.

He recalled that perfect image of Hermione by the window and remembered she didn't have any flowers at all.

'Alright, how's this for a small romantic gesture?'

He grabbed some of Ginny's other wilted blooms, then tried to think of any of the myriad number of flowers he was familiar with from Aunt Petunia's garden that would be worthy of Hermione. He thought about her dress... how nice she looked in pink.

'Of course!'

Ginny and Hermione emerged from the room. Hermione was fastening Ginny's ornamental brooch as well, while Ginny was fussing with the small clusters of unnaturally blue irises in her hair.

"Doesn't Fleur know that I'm allergic to these things?!"

"Sorry Ginny, but it is her wedding. If all the attendants have to wear them, then so should you."

Ginny sneezed.

"But I'm going to ruin her wedding if I keep sneezing like this!" Ginny's eyes were beginning to water.

"You do have a point there," Luna agreed.

Ginny sneezed again.

"Hang on a moment," Hermione withdrew her wand, then stepped back from Ginny.

"Ginny, stand absolutely still."

"Why?" Her eyes narrowed at Hermione. "What are you going to do?"

"I think I can help this, just don't move."

Ginny squinched her eyes shut, then sneezed again.

"I said not to move."

"I'm sorry! That wasn't my fault!"

Hermione sighed.

"Okay, really this time, don't move." Ginny shot her a dirty look, then Hermione cast a freezing charm at the flowers in her hair.

"What good will that do?"

"That was brilliant Hermione!" Luna cheered.

Harry and Ron looked at each other blankly, uncertain as to what Hermione had done.

"I've frozen the irises in your hair."

"Yes, but why?"

"Because it also froze the pollen in the irises. Depending on how long the charm lasts, which should hopefully be a few hours yet, it should keep you from sneezing until well after the ceremony."

Ginny looked skeptical.

"Well go on, try taking a deep breath."

Ginny did so, then waited for something to happen. No sneezing, no watering of her eyes.

"Hey!" She smiled in relief.

"It should also hold your hair too." Hermione grinned back at her.

"With you around, who needs Sleakeasys?"

"Wish I'd thought of that back in school."

"Ladies," Ron interrupted. "As fascinating as this all is, we really don't want to be late." He pointed towards the clock on the mantle.

"Oh Ronald, you're right. Let's go then." Luna grabbed his hand and they began to file out of the room.

"Oh wait, I've forgotten something!" Hermione turned around and nearly ran straight into Harry.

"Wait," he stopped her. "Close your eyes."

"Wh-what?"

"Just trust me. Close your eyes."

She did, and then Harry placed something on her head. She opened her eyes, then quickly found the mirror. A small wreath of pink stargazer lilies rested in her hair.

She turned to look at Harry, and he felt his heart swell again as she gave him another beautiful smile. Then he held out his hand to her.

"Let's go then."

She smiled again...

'Not again. Still! She still hasn't lost that smile.'

...and took his hand as they walked out the door.

***

Ginny and Ron bid goodbye to Hermione, Harry and Luna as they were seated in the amphitheater. They were fairly near the front along with the other close friends and family members. Hermione took a moment to glance around at the phenomenal turnout. All sorts of witches and wizards were present, all dressed in their finest robes, and, near the back, she could make out a few photographers, some hired by the family, others from the local paper's society pages.

As the sun began to set Harry nudged Hermione, then looked upwards. She looked up as well and saw the slowly falling embers of light drift down over the crowd like snow, each flickering out before hitting the ground. WIthout realizing it, she leaned into Harry, and he took her hand in his as they watched the falling glimmers of light.

Then the ceremony began, and she could see Ron and all of his brothers standing at the front of the theater, while the rest of the attendants filed down to join them. Ginny looked brilliant in her deep blue dress robes, and she flashed a grin at them as she walked by.

Then Fleur came last, her sparkling wedding dress, coupled with her overwhelming Veela charm, making her look more radiant than ever.

Harry and Hermione watched in fascination at all the odd little rituals that went into a wizarding wedding. Hermione even gave Harry's hand a nervous squeeze when it came Ginny's time to perform the fruition spell, then she gave a sigh of relief when she performed it perfectly.

And then it seemed the ceremony was practically over as quickly as it had begun. Hermione couldn't recall the last time she'd been so fascinated with anything. Then everyone stood to cheer and congratulate the new couple, and as Hermione went to clap, she realized she'd been holding Harry's hand the entire time.

She looked down at their entwined fingers, then blushed and let go so she could clap along with everyone else.

"Doesn't Ronald look brilliant?" Luna leaned over towards Hermione as Ron made his way down the aisle.

"He looks rather handsome, yes." Hermione agreed, then they all waved at him as he passed.

"Well, I'll give it to Fleur, she certainly is rather fond of tradition. That was definitely the longest ceremony I have ever attended."

"Really? I thought it went by rather quickly."

"Oh no, not with all of those rituals. The modern ceremonies are only half as long."

"That seems a shame," Harry added. "I thought this was quite nice."

"Oh absolutely," Hermione agreed. "You know, when I get married someday, I want to have all of those rituals, I thought they were brilliant."

"Really?" Harry grinned at her, and Hermione felt herself blush uncomfortably.

"Err... really." She gave a quick smile, then turned to face Luna.

"Really?" Luna quirked her eyebrow again as she subtly teased her.

"Let's go then, we don't want to get stuck at a bad table." Hermione ushered them out of the row and towards the banquet hall.

***

"And to our dearest brother Bill,"

"And our newest sister Fleur,"

"We offer these words of wisdom,"

"To keep a marriage brimming,"

"With love in the loving cup,"

"When you are wrong, admit it,"

"And when you are right, shut up!"

The assembled crowd gave a hearty roar of laughter.

"May Fleur be skilled in holding her tongue then,"

"Because marrying her is one of the few things Bill's been right about in ages!"

Another healthy peal of laughter went up in the banquet hall as the twins went over and both hugged Bill and kissed Fleur on either cheek.

Harry turned and watched Hermione laughing as she grabbed her glass of water.

'Now? Is now the perfect time?'

'No, not yet. Wait for the dancing!'

'But I'm no good at dancing!'

Another round of toasts were made by various friends and family members, then Charlie stepped forward and amplified his voice and addressed the crowd.

"Alright then everyone, let's make the couple light the room!"

Surrounding the centerpieces of every table were clusters of gold-tinged glass globes that reminded Harry of Rememberalls. Upon Charlie's statement, the globes slowly rose from the table and hung suspended in the air at varying heights. The crowd began to cheer and Harry watched in amazement as Bill and Fleur began to kiss, rather theatrically he noted, which caused the globes throughout the room to flare into life.

"Fairy globes."

"What?" Harry and Hermione both looked at Luna.

"They're called fairy globes. Fairly common at weddings. Whenever the couple in love kisses, it causes the globes to glow intensely. The idea is to every now and then cheer the couple into practically snogging each other senseless, because it's believed if they can generate enough magic by kissing, it will cause the globes to burst."

"Can they really do that?" Hermione asked.

"I doubt it. At least I've never heard of anyone actually doing it. It's really just an excuse to make the wedding couple snog each other silly. It's one of those wedding things."

The room went up into a roar again as Bill and Fleur kissed and the globes pulsated.

"A bit disgusting though, watching your brother snog someone!" Ron and Ginny had joined them at the table.

"I happen to think it's sweet Ronald!" Then Luna stood and kissed him, which caused the globes above their table to glow.

"No, Ron's right, it is disgusting to watch your brother snog!" Ginny pushed past them, then sat down next to Hermione.

"So, what did you think of the ceremony? It was your first wizard wedding, right?" She looked back and forth from Harry to Hermione.

"Actually, it was my first wedding, period. I'd never been to one before, not even a muggle one," Harry explained.

"So? How was it?"

"I liked it a lot actually. I wonder if my parent's wedding was anything like this." He caught an almost wistful glance from Hermione.

"It's not that different from muggle weddings, except for the ritual spells and all. But the spells were really quite fascinating. There were actually a few in there I'd never heard of before."

"Well, this was a fairly traditional wedding. I doubt many people use a lot of those spells anymore Hermione."

"That's what Luna was saying."

"Would anyone like a drink? I was just about to get something." Harry stood up from the table.

"Oh yes, thanks. Whatever you're having," Ginny answered.

"Just nothing with alcohol!" Hermione replied, then the three of them laughed.

"We're fine, thanks Harry," Ron said, then pulled Luna out onto the dance floor.

"Right," then Harry walked towards one of the serving tables, while Hermione and Ginny continued discussing the differences in muggle and wizard weddings.

'Alright then, definitely no dancing.'

'But it is romantic.'

'Yeah, but not the way I do it.'

Harry was still agonizing over the perfect moment to do what he wanted to do. He was just a bit upset with Ron for making him overanalyze everything, but, in the end, he realized he was right. It was definitely something terribly important that required some thought and planning.

'Yes, but when!?'

'And how?'

He was terribly impatient, and it wasn't helping matters any.

"Three pumpkin juices please."

"Harry!"

'Oh no!'

"I've been looking everywhere for you darling! Where have you been hiding yourself?"

Harry groaned, then turned around.

"Hi Ratia."

"Harry, where have you been? I haven't seen you since the other night."

"I've been rather busy."

"Surely not too busy to spend time with me?" Her smile glittered at him, as if each tooth were sparkling.

"Well, rather busy, yes."

"Oh but Harry," and she cozied up to him, "surely I can steal you away for a dance or two."

"Actually Ratia, now's not a really good time."

"Why ever not Harry?" She looked at the three glasses of juice. "Surely your friends can come get drinks of their own?"

"That would be rude."

"Oh, I'm sure they would understand." Then she grabbed his arm and practically dragged him out onto the dance floor.

Harry reluctantly began dancing with Ratia, trying not to be completely rude, but impatient as ever to be done with it. However, she was just as insistent to keep him there, and each time he tried to politely excuse himself, she somehow managed to make him stay.

***

Ginny and Hermione had been talking for quite a bit before they noted Harry's extended absence.

"Where's Harry gone off to? I'm getting awfully thirsty."

Hermione glanced around.

"I don't know? Hang on a moment, I'll go find him." Hermione got up and walked towards the serving table that Harry had gone to and found their three pumpkin juices sitting there. She looked around again, shrugged, then levitated the drinks back towards table.

"Oh thanks!" Ginny grabbed one of the glasses and practically swallowed the whole thing.

"Did you find him?"

"No, actually." Hermione sat down and took a drink, a brief look of concern playing across her face.

'Where's he gone off to?'

***

"Really Ratia, I need to get back to my friends."

"Just one more Harry. Certainly you can indulge me one more, considering I haven't seen you in two days." She grasped at him, and as she spun him once more around the floor, Harry caught the scowls of first Luna, then Ron as they danced.

"I'm sorry Ratia, I really must go." He stopped and pulled back from her.

"But Harry..."

"No, look, I'm sorry. I need to go talk to someone. It's terribly urgent."

"Urgent?"

"Yes, urgent! My friend, the one I needed to talk to the other night?"

"Oh yes, Harmony?"

"Hermione! I need to talk to her, right now!"

"You know, it's sweet of you to be so loyal to your friends like that, but Harmony's a big girl Harry. I'm sure she can take care of herself."

"Yes, I know she can, but that's not why I need to speak with her. You see Ratia, I'm terribly in love with her. Have been for ages actually, and if I don't go and tell her right this instant, I may very well start cursing everyone, and I do mean everyone, standing between her and me. Do I make myself clear?!"'

Ratia went deathly pale as she let him go.

"P-pperfectly...," she stammered.

"THANK YOU!" And Harry let out a frustrated sigh before stalking back towards the table.

Ron and Luna smiled at one another as a stunned Ratia slowly walked off the dance floor. Then Ron dipped Luna and kissed her.

***

"I'm sure he's around here somewhere Hermione."

Hermione stood up and started scanning the room. Then, much to her dismay, she spotted him on the dance floor with... with her! Of all people, her?!

'You've got to be joking!'

"Of all the bloody nerve!"

"Hermione? What is it?"

"I need some air," she said coldly, then grabbed her cloak and marched out of the banquet hall.

'What's made you so happy then?'
'You.'

'Right! What was I bloody thinking?! It was too much - too much to hope for! Fine, he wants to just be friends, then I can be just friends... BLOODY HELL!!!'

Hermione kicked at a small pebble on the walkway of the banquet halls' garden, then she began pacing furiously up and down.

'Calm down - maybe it's not what you think. That's what it's been like these last two months after all, not at all what you thought. Maybe that's what's going on now?'

She was desperate to rationalize this.

'There has to be some explanation... there simply has to be... hasn't there?'

'He almost kissed me. We almost kissed this afternoon, I'm sure of it!'

'Almost.'

She kicked at another rock, then plopped herself down on a bench.

'BOLLOCKS!'

***

"Ginny, where's Hermione?"

"Where's Hermione? Where have you been?"

"I was just... where did she go?"

"I don't know. She was looking for you and then, I think she got rather upset."

"Upset?"

"Yeah, she just grabbed her cloak all of sudden. Said she needed some air."

'Not good!'

"Which way did she go?"

"Over there, towards the gardens."

"Thanks."

'Bloody hell! Of all the things to bollox up a perfectly good evening!'

Harry was certain she'd seen him with Ratia. That had to have been it.

'Yep, so much for the perfect evening.'

***

Harry stepped out into the garden to find Hermione sitting on one of the benches on the far end. She had her cloak wrapped tightly around with her hands clenched in tight little fists that made her knuckles white.

"Hermione?"

She looked up at him, completely taken by surprise.

"Hermione? What are you doing out here?"

She stood up, the dark flushed color of her face slowly fading back to normal.

"Oh nothing," her voice was terse. "I just needed to get some air is all."

"Some air?"

"Yeah, a bit stuffy in there."

'Calm down... need to calm down. Don't want him to know how upset I am. Just friends... just friends now!'

She gave an overly bright smile and a falsely cheery voice.

"Oh, you know, just needed to get out for a bit. But I'm good now... yep, all good. We should head back inside. Don't want to miss anything now do we?" She looked at him and could instantly tell he wasn't buying it.

'This is too hard... I can't do this...'

"Never did get that pumpkin juice. I'm just going to go grab one." She tried to race past him and he gently grabbed her arm.

"Hermione, stop."

Her stomach gave that familiar lurch. It was too much! Too many mixed signals, too much history between them. She looked up at him, that false and bright smile threatening to crack. Her eyes were shining.

"I'm just going to get some juice Harry."

He turned her around to face him, his hands radiating shivers where they rested on her arms.

"Hermione, listen to me. I did not want to dance with her. She grabbed me and I didn't want to be rude."

"Her who Harry? I... I don't know what you're talking about. Besides, you're free to dance with whomever Harry. I'm not your keeper or anything."

"Hermione, just stop already."

"Stop what? You know.. I really am quite thirsty Harry."

'Oh please let me go before I lose it completely!'

"Fine," he threw his hands up in exasperation, then began to pace. "You know, I knew I should have talked to you this morning - but no - I had to go and listen to Ron!"

'What?'

"What?"

"He told me I should wait. Said I should wait for the perfect moment. But you know what Hermione? There are no perfect moments? There's always going to be something - some persistent girl who insists that I dance, Ginny's lost shoes, a looming dark lord, my catatonia! It's always going to be something! I'm The Bloody Boy Who Can't Ever Win!"

'His catatonia???'

'HIS CATATONIA!!!'

"Y-y-your..." she tried to speak.

"And you know what, I'm tired of it! I'm tired of not being able to have what I want for some reason or another. Either it's been taken away from me or I'm too stupid to go and get it. Well no more Hermione!"

"N-no more?"

"No more!"

Then he marched over to her and she felt her knees give out as he gently but deliberately placed his hands on either side of her face and kissed her.

There was a loud buzzing in her ears as the blood rushed past and she was dizzy and lightheaded from the sheer thrill of it. Her stomach was flopping in all sorts of delightful ways and tingles were alight over her entire body.

'I'm kissing Harry... I'm kissing Harry... I'm kissing Harry...'

She almost passed out.

He pulled back slowly, a soft smacking sound as they pulled apart. She was too overcome to even open her eyes.

"I'm in love with you Hermione!" He had his forehead pressed to hers, his voice soft and deep.

"You're... what?" Her eyes were still closed, still rolled back in her head in delight.

"I'm in love with you. I didn't know that's what it was at first. Honestly," he opened his eyes and so did she. "I.. I think I've been in love you for a while now. At least a year or so. It's just... you have to understand. I don't know... I mean, I didn't know that's what it was."

"Oh Harry," and tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"No, there are some things you need to know. Before, when we were in school. I think... whenever I would get those feelings... those feelings for you that I didn't understand, that I couldn't recognize... Hermione, the only thing I did know was how happy it made me. And I knew, I remembered that when... when he was really happy, I could feel it. And I didn't want him to feel me that happy, especially if he knew why I was happy."

"And then.. then that night. You have to know, I already told you, I didn't remember what you said. I didn't remember any of it!"

"I know..."

"And you have to believe that if I did remember, I would have said something Hermione! I would have talked to you, I swear I would have."

"I know that now Harry, I really do."

"But what you don't know, and I didn't remember until just last night - Hermione, you're the reason I'm here."

"What?"

"You're the reason I came back that night. I thought I was done. I thought I'd done everything I had to do and didn't want to come back at all. But then I saw you. I heard you tell me you loved me, and it saved me Hermione. It brought me back here. It brought me back to you."

Tears were pouring down her face.

"It was your love, it was the hope of a future with you, that's what brought me back that night. I'm so sorry I didn't remember."

"But you remember now?" She smiled hopefully at him.

"I remember now." He smiled back.

"I'm in love with you Harry. I have been for years."

"I'm in love with you Hermione, and there's so much we're still meant to do."

And he kissed her again, slowly, deliberately. Another dull roar rushed through her ears. They remained in the garden, kissing each other, discovering this new aspect of one another, for quite some time.

***

Harry and Hermione both wore equally goofy expressions as they returned towards the banquet hall. They each had similar smears of pink lip gloss over and around their lips and chins. Harry's legendary messy hair was even more so than usual, and Hermione's neatly coifed hair was now loose and frayed at the edges where Harry had pulled it out while kissing her.

They rounded the walkway that led back towards the hall, when Ginny ambushed them, followed by Ron and Luna.

"Uh uh - not that way. Go back 'round the other way you two!"

"What? Ginny?"

"She's not kidding Hermione. You two need to not be seen coming in this way!"

"Ron? What's going on," Harry asked.

"I had no idea...," Luna said in her trademark dreamy voice.

Ron herded them back towards the amphitheater, safe from any prying ears or eyes.

"You two owe me, in a big way!"

"Owe you?" Hermione looked at Ron, then Harry, puzzled. Harry looked equally confused.

"Owe you for what?"

"For keeping the bride from using the Cruciatus on the lot of you!"

"Really, I'm quite impressed," Luna looked appreciatively at Harry, which made Hermione feel a bit possessive.

"If Ginny hadn't seen you..."

"Ginny! Were you spying on us?!" Hermione was shocked.

"Not intentionally! I went looking for you two. You seemed so upset and Harry seemed so worried."

"And you're lucky she did too!"

"Ron, what on earth are you on about?"

"Let's just say I had no idea how much you love Hermione, and how much she loves you!"

"What?" The both of them blushed.

"When I found the two of you snogging," Ginny began, "I wanted to give you some privacy, so I went back to the hall. That's when it happened."

"When what happened!?" Hermione was dying of curiosity.

"The fairy globes Hermione." Luna answered.

"The fairy globes?" Harry asked.

"The fairy globes!" Ron answered.

Then Hermione realized what they meant.

"No..."

"Yes, every last one of them!" Ginny couldn't help but grin.

"Ginny saw them bursting by the table closest to the garden. Luckily she managed to flag me down quickly enough, and I got to the twins, who got to Charlie to get Bill snogging away."

"No..." Harry just now realized.

"Mate - the two of you managed to explode every last fairy globe in the room, FROM OUT IN THE GARDEN!" Ron couldn't help but punch Harry playfully in the shoulder, the testosterone running rampant between the two of them.

Hermione blushed deep crimson.

"Oh my."

"At least Fleur thinks it was her. Even Bill might. But Charlie and the twins are privy to what really happened."

"The twins?" Harry groaned.

"And you thought they were insufferable now," Ginny teased.

***

Much later that evening, after the wedding was over and everyone had left, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Ginny, Ron and the twins were all lounging around in the suite, now properly transfigured into a decent replica of the Gryffindor common room. Ron and Luna were snuggled together on one couch, while Harry and Hermione were cuddling on the other. Ginny, Fred and George were sitting on the floor, combing through the remaining party favors and candid instant snapshots.

"Oooh look at this one!" George held one up high, which Ron snatched out of his hand. He let out a sharp bark of laughter, and Luna took it from him and laughed herself.

"We should frame this one," she handed it to Hermione. The picture was from the reception and showed Harry dancing with Ratia, only instead of actually dancing with her, he was frantically trying to go back to the table with Hermione and Ratia was gripping his arm like a vice.

"See, I told you I didn't want to dance with her." He smiled at her and she kissed him again.

"Ugh - am I the only one without a boyfriend now?"

"And how is Dean Thomas these days?" Ginny shot Hermione a death glare.

"Not to worry Ginny,"

"We don't have boyfriends either!"

Fred tickled her while George ruffled her hair.

"Luna, how am I going to be able to stand it while you're still at school this year?"

"Well, there's always the holidays. And don't forget Hogsmeade weekends. Just don't let me catch you near those Quidditch groupies Ronald, or I may have to hex you!"

"I promise," then he kissed her.

"Ugh! No more watching my brothers snog tonight!" Ginny threw a pillow at them.

"So, Ron tells us Dobby found you a flat?" George asked.

"A nice one too." Fred commented.

"Yeah," Harry readjusted himself on the couch. "I imagine we'll all start moving in as soon as we get back to England."

"How's the rent then?"

"Not too bad actually, plus it's three ways, so it's not a problem."

"Yeah, about that. Hermione, if you're going to the Academy and not working, how are you going to make rent," Ron looked at her playfully.

She glared at Fred and George.

"Don't look at us!"

"We didn't say a word!"

"What are you looking at them for? I was just going to make a crack about you being Harry's kept woman!"

It was Hermione's turn to lob a pillow at Ron.

"For your information, I happen to have a rather sizable Gringott's account of my own, thank you!"

"What, your parents give you a gift then?"

"Certainly not! I happened to earn my own money, thank you."

Harry looked at her.

"Hermione, you've been in school the entire time we've known you. Did you get a summer job or something."

Hermione began to blush.

"No... no I didn't."

"Then where did you get the money?" Ron smelled blood in the water.

"That's none of your business!"

"Is it my business?" Harry flashed his big green eyes at her.

"That isn't fair!"

"Oh go on and tell them already Hermione," George pushed.

"It's not like they won't find out eventually! Harry tends to notice business matters from time to time," Fred urged.

"Business matters?" He sized up Hermione. "What do they mean 'business matters'?"

"Hermione!" Ron's voice was breathy and scandalized. "Are you working for Fred and George?!"

Harry looked at her in stunned amazement. She blushed even more.

"I'm... I'm not working for them! I just happened to... to sell them some items."

"Some items? Like what?!" Ron was shocked.

She looked at Harry.

"Look," she explained. "I needed the money, to buy the materials for these," she flashed her ring. "It's not like I was going to go to you for the money. What if it didn't work?"

"Hermione? What did you do?" Harry had a curious grin on his face.

She sighed, defeated.

"Oh go on," she nodded towards Fred and George. "Tell them already - big mouths!"

The twins grinned at each other, then ran off and returned with a Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes sample pack. Then they started going through it, pulling out various treats.

"The Paraphrasing Pillowmint."

"The Knowledgeable Know-It-All."

"The Utterly Ugly Umbridge."

"The Virtual Vertigo."

"Hmm, those are the only ones in here."

"The only what?" Ron asked.

"Well Ron, you see, dear Heady over there happens to be the inventor,"

"Dare say the innovator,"

"Behind each of these WWW treats!"

"No!" Ron was astonished. "Hermione! I'm appalled!" He teased her.

She threw another pillow at him.

"Hermione!" Harry was as surprised as Ron. "Did you really make all of those?"

"Well it was easy really - and it's not like the Know-It-Alls circumvent the Hogwarts anti-cheating spells, I would never do that."

Ginny just stared at her, nonplussed. Luna just stared at Ron dreamily.

"Who'd have thought," Ron asked. "Hermione, the prankster?"

"No! You heard your brothers, it's Hermione the Innovator!" She gave a cheeky grin.

"Well you're just full of surprises aren't you?" Harry didn't think it was possible, but he had an even deeper appreciation for her.

"You're right, I am just full of surprises Harry, and don't ever forget it." She gave him a firm and deep kiss, contented at last in the arms of Harry Potter.

-Fin-

******************

A/N - It's over.... it's finally done! Agghhh!!! And now I can squeeze in a whole 3 hours of sleep before work. Yay me! Hope you enjoyed my World's Longest Songfic. It kinda got away from me there. I think at somewhere around chaps 3 or 4 I said something about it being only another chap or two... yeah, we see how well THAT worked out. Go fig! Sometimes these characters have minds, not to mention issues, of their own.

Hope you enjoyed. Be seein' ya!